PDA

View Full Version : Honestly its your loss

Al boss
03-13-2012, 04:12 AM
At first I thought it would be appropriate to start this thread with something like: "Fukkkkkkkk you Funzio!!!!!"
But in all honesty I honestly don't care, there are plenty of up and coming as well as already established games with great communities that I can switch to/quit.

It must be obvious by now: Rusty M4A1

If this is your style of joke I don't like your humor funzio. Otherwise this is a terrible mistake and you will not only loose player but also many hundereds of gold that not only me but heaps of others that are planning on spending if this stays.

What is your motivation???
Possibly you want to create a level playing field?
**** that, whoever already has m4's will be like a god, and you cannot just take these m4s away that people have been farming for months!!

I swear to god and whatever you believe in, that I will cold turkey quit both my accounts forever if this is not fixed in the next week (been looking for a way to quit).

I don't give a #*%$ If you don't agree this is my strong belief and I will not waver from it.!!

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm a gold player (~$500 RM) and I'm also a long time lurker here in the forums.

I think the core issue here is people have an innate desire for justice to prevail. The injustice is the investment gap between game developers and players. Players invest their time, $ and intellectual capital. Funzio has certainly invested in the game platform, but there are many indicators that they have grown to take the players' investment for granted. Ambiguous and fluid rules, neglecting spam and running off productive community members are more egregious examples (it's not lost on me that Funzio provides this forum, but I have no confidence that my
post won't be removed). Players also sense that Funzio isn't committed to the game...new game assets are rare, expensive and they don't keep pace with player levels and experience.

I've settled into the notion that game progress is measured in weeks and months. However, as a mid-level player (104), I can see that nerfing the ability to collect the most popular weapon in the game puts me at a big disadvantage in the future. I'm no longer confident that the DD is a good investment of my time either, and therefore the game at large. Perhaps we'll find out that this imbalance is really a shift to something better, but the precedent and lack of good Funzio engagement in this community suggest further disregard for player investment.

I see Funzio making some of the same mistakes as Storm 8, a very successful social game developer that crashed after taking its players for granted. I hope this is an early April Fool's joke. Otherwise, I'll be joining the growing list of exiting players.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 05:04 AM
@epicrecipe

Eloquent!

kaz
03-13-2012, 05:14 AM
+1 epicrecipe!

AppleMacGuy
03-13-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm a gold player (~$500 RM) and I'm also a long time lurker here in the forums.

I think the core issue here is people have an innate desire for justice to prevail. The injustice is the investment gap between game developers and players. Players invest their time, $ and intellectual capital. Funzio has certainly invested in the game platform, but there are many indicators that they have grown to take the players' investment for granted. Ambiguous and fluid rules, neglecting spam and running off productive community members are more egregious examples (it's not lost on me that Funzio provides this forum, but I have no confidence that my
post won't be removed). Players also sense that Funzio isn't committed to the game...new game assets are rare, expensive and they don't keep pace with player levels and experience.

I've settled into the notion that game progress is measured in weeks and months. However, as a mid-level player (104), I can see that nerfing the ability to collect the most popular weapon in the game puts me at a big disadvantage in the future. I'm no longer confident that the DD is a good investment of my time either, and therefore the game at large. Perhaps we'll find out that this imbalance is really a shift to something better, but the precedent and lack of good Funzio engagement in this community suggest further disregard for player investment.

I see Funzio making some of the same mistakes as Storm 8, a very successful social game developer that crashed after taking its players for granted. I hope this is an early April Fool's joke. Otherwise, I'll be joining the growing list of exiting players.

An excellent and well articulated post...will they listen? I don't expect so, otherwise this wouldn't have happened in the first place. My investment is not that dissimilar to yours. Once the dust has settled I too will re-assess my ongoing commitment to the game. Personally, I will be immensely disappointed to exit as I have played for many months and enjoy doing so. But, to disadvantage all players, particularly new ones and those in mid-farm, in this way is just plain wrong.

Dillinja
03-13-2012, 05:32 AM
I think this is what LFizzledOut meant when she said interesting surprises in store for everyone....
They are true to their word in that sense ;)

Al boss
03-13-2012, 05:36 AM
****, their surprises

Gabbahh
03-13-2012, 05:45 AM
I guess the guys at Vunzio hate my money

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Once the dust has settled I too will re-assess my ongoing commitment to the game. Personally, I will be immensely disappointed to exit as I have played for many months and enjoy doing so. But, to disadvantage all players, particularly new ones and those in mid-farm, in this way is just plain wrong.

I've enjoyed the game too, which includes the community here. All is not lost, companies make mistakes, Funzio still has a chance to either 1) return the M4s or 2) explain themselves in a direct reasonable way. Assigning a dedicated forum mod is a good indication that they are listening and recognize the players' value in making a good game great.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 05:54 AM
I've enjoyed the game too, which includes the community here. All is not lost, companies make mistakes, Funzio still has a chance to either 1) return the M4s or 2) explain themselves in a direct reasonable way. Assigning a dedicated forum mod is a good indication that they are listening and recognize the players' value in making a good game great.

They've already assigned two dedicated mods who are hardly, if ever around.

AppleMacGuy
03-13-2012, 05:55 AM

Agreed on both points. But, since the forum mods x2 were announced, IIRC over a week ago, neither has posted anything at all. Hardly an auspicious start...start as you mean to go on and all that...

Swifty
03-13-2012, 06:13 AM
Has other loot been changed to offset the M4A1 change?

Maybe there are hidden gems in the game waiting to be discovered.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Right, LOL. I did see that carved up one of the most highly engaging threads and TS threw his hands up. This is shaping up to be a case study in fubar community management, I do hope the course-correct.

I suspect by behavior here and personal experience that those devoted to being a mod are actually not. Rather, Funzio lopped the duties onto some code monkeys or marketing stiffs that are already overworked. Call it a hunch.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 06:19 AM
@Swifty I hope so

Jill
03-13-2012, 06:21 AM

I think we better make it quite clear to Funzio, this is not a knee jerk reaction it is totally unfair to lower / mid level players. How on earth can we match those who already have their 450++ MA's. Even if (I know it's a small word with a BIG meaning) you bring in something else to farm similar to MA stats we will still be the whipping boys to the others who have completed their MA farming.

We need answers to your thinking and planning as I believe it will mark the end for a lot of players like myself.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Imagine dropping 15 mill on some other CC lowlife like leila and you get an m4a1 instead.

Ill kill myself with a cotton swab...

Behzat
03-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Very good thread.Funzio delete things that they dont like so they can delete this too :) and we pay for this game but they cant change the result i told this before with decisions like that they will start to loose their customers even you delete the forums it wont change the result.Many players decided not to spend a single coin for this game anymore.instead of deleting these correct your fault and give back M4a1 s with new equipments.You cant destroy players who dont spend money.i spend money for this game but i want to play this game with them instead of playing with only players who pays for this game!i want non spenders here too!

Likewhoaa
03-14-2012, 11:20 PM
No m4's... No way to catch up or come close to those done with farming or gold spenders.. Wall safes not opening after 10 + tries. This game is frustrating and feels like last 4 months was wasted. Sigh