PDA

View Full Version : Rusty M4A1 - Funzio are having Fun

Burn
03-13-2012, 03:46 AM
Just had a rusty M4A1 with stats of 7/11 drop at Boardwalk shooting gallery.

On the one hand I am disappointed, on the other I think it is very funny on Funzios part to replace the gun that has become the cornerstone of the whole stat building aspect of the game, with a weak rusty version.

So they do have a sense of humour after all. Even if it is slightly evil.

Maybe it is funnier because I've already got as many as I need.

one man gang
03-13-2012, 03:59 AM
i only just started farming the last week, i had around 60... im shattered.. lol

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Wow, Only three hours and we have a third Rusty M4a1 thread.

Amazing, doesn't anyone look at the most current threads before starting a new one.

No wonder its so hard for new people to search for information in here.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 05:55 AM
The in-site search sucks. These comments wouldn't be any easier to consume if they were buried in the middle of a 100 page rusty thread. To the OPs (new) point about humor, yes it's tongue-in-cheek and clever, also because it's condescending to players in the know.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 06:10 AM
I am going to have to go back to Boardwalk to get a few trusty rusties.

Burn
03-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Counter, I saw the other threads, and doubtless they will become a protracted and long drawn out exercise in collective pissing and whining - whereas this thread is specifically about the fact that I think Funzio are having a chuckle at our expense.

Which as said, I find amusing (a little annoying too, but mostly amusing).

In summary, perhaps the reason the M4A1s are rusty, is because Funzio have taken a metaphoric p!ss on them :)

Frankly, I think they are right, from my own perspective the game has become formulaic and dull.

From advice garnered on these forums, I now have economy sorted, 12/24/48 buildings on synched collections, I stick exclusively to PvP fighting/robbing, know what to farm and where - and the result is that whilst I have reasonably good stats, the game is no longer a game, it is an ever so slightly irritating series of brain-numbing auto-pilot processes.

I'm actually thinking of going back to completing the story line quests ("God forbid", scream the illuminated few "that is a such a waste of stamina/energy"), as I haven't yet completed beyond the first 4 maps - maybe, just maybe, there is some fun to be had in this game somewhere.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Counter, I saw the other threads, but this one is specifically about the fact that I think Funzio are having a chuckle at our expense.

Which as said, I find amusing (a little annoying too, but mostly amusing).

In summary, perhaps the reason the M4A1s are rusty, is because Funzio have taken a metaphoric p!ss on them :)

Yeah, I'm irritated myself. forgive the snark, my manners have suddenly gotten "RUSTY"

i need muney
03-13-2012, 07:10 AM
This is an obvious "middle finger in your face, free player"

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
This is an obvious "middle finger in your face, free player"

And two middle fingers to gold buyers as well.

i need muney
03-13-2012, 07:22 AM
And two middle fingers to gold buyers as well.
Okay, two for freeish and one for goldies, okay? :))

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Okay, two for freeish and one for goldies, okay? :))

Well, if you think about it they dont lose anything by pissin off free players but they can and will lose income by pissin off gold players.

Just not very bright execution of a business model imo.

i need muney
03-13-2012, 07:38 AM
You guys forgetting that this community is like 5% of the pool if not less.
How many people with lots of m4s you see going down through your rival list? And how many that have gold items and close to none m4s?
Most of the farm wont even see the difference. Its an act to stop few witty players gaining advantage for free.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 07:46 AM
@money - but I'd wager the forum represents a greater ratio of gold players. The forum also adds new layers to the game and the community encourages new and sustained gameplay, including gold rebuys.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 07:48 AM
@i need muney

You raise a good point. I inspect a lot of rival inventory and I am surprised at how many have few or no M4A1s.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 07:50 AM
@money - but I'd wager the forum represents a greater ratio of gold players. The forum also adds new layers to the game and the community encourages new and sustained gameplay, including gold rebuys.

In addition, if you ever look at the "Who's Online" link the forum members are out numbered by guests who never post.

Looked a minute ago and their were 35 members online but 166 guests.

schlumpf
03-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Years ago, in an old black an white world, people would "farm" throwing stars from orks, specificalle from orks in the parallel world, to collect them and use hundreds in a single fight. Only a server reboot would eventually delete them, but the server went more stable, had no crash or reboot for almost a year the strong players hoarded lots of them. Until the evil balance team came, and the throwing stars would start to rust away slowly, and many tears were shed.

I think he rusting M4A1 are nerfed justified, and it's a rather harmless nerf since everyone keeps their inventory. Newcomers will of course see this as unfair, but a pay-for-items game is always imbalanced towards the money spenders and this doesn't matter much. And some light-hearted humor is fine even at my own expense.

schlumpf and his 199 yet-unrusted-M4s.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Years ago, in an old black an white world, people would "farm" throwing stars from orks, specificalle from orks in the parallel world, to collect them and use hundreds in a single fight. Only a server reboot would eventually delete them, but the server went more stable, had no crash or reboot for almost a year the strong players hoarded lots of them. Until the evil balance team came, and the throwing stars would start to rust away slowly, and many tears were shed.

I think he rusting M4A1 are nerfed justified, and it's a rather harmless nerf since everyone keeps their inventory. Newcomers will of course see this as unfair, but a pay-for-items game is always imbalanced towards the money spenders and this doesn't matter much. And some light-hearted humor is fine even at my own expense.

schlumpf and his 199 yet-unrusted-M4s.

Better keep an eye on your inventory, they may change em to rusty's.

beaux
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Ok well let me ask another dumb nube question if all the M4A1s are gone from Shooting Gallery does mean threy're gone from other sites on the map as well?

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM
@schlumpf - Farming M4s actually helped restore balance against gold weapon players. Unless an alternate strategy becomes clear (which I suspect it will - ie new & improved drops), new/mid-level players face disadvantages as they level up.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
@beaux - unknown.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Ok well let me ask another dumb nube question if all the M4A1s are gone from Shooting Gallery does mean threy're gone from other sites on the map as well?

yes...........

bjornrey
03-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm happy I managed to get 461 one of them, even though abit dissapointed because i really wanted to get to 500 just for fun..