PDA

View Full Version : Rusty M4A1 @ Boardwalk

lisbeth
03-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Just had this drop. Weak stats. Did they change something?

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Just had this drop. Weak stats. Did they change something?

Did it drop from the Shooting Gallery at the Boardwalk?

dudeman
03-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Did they finally nerf the M4A1?! I guess this means I won't be able to get the 20 more that I need. That's 160 defense that I will miss out on :(

Someone better check the situation with DDs. With only another $5M to spend before I unlock Leila, I will feel pretty ripped off if that was nerfed too. I could have had a hotel by now and have a condo instead because of paying off Leila.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:49 AM
I think its a hoax. BTW spreading false information can get you banned, not sure if that matters to you though looks like a lurker trying to have some laughs at our humbleness?

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:49 AM
Did they finally nerf the M4A1?! I guess this means I won't be able to get the 20 more that I need. That's 160 defense that I will miss out on :(

Someone better check the situation with DDs. With only another $5M to spend before I unlock Leila, I will feel pretty ripped off if that was nerfed too. I could have had a hotel by now and have a condo instead because of paying off Leila.
DDs are fine just tried it right now, its the 2nd time in a row today that I got 2 in a row.

Bongonator
03-13-2012, 01:01 AM
I know I may look like a lurker too...but I can confirm. I just got a rusty m4a1 at the shooting gallery, AND from the junkyard. :/

Whip88
03-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Really Stats????

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Are you guys seriously gonna make me waste 20gold that ive been saving for so long just to see if you guys are playing games :/

PS. IF this is really true, I am sorry @OP, but I did invite lurkers to the forum in the other thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if people started playing games with me -_-

Bongonator
03-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Seriously. I got it... Was like, "wtf is this?"...came straight here to the forums.

7a 11d

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 01:08 AM
I really am not gonna waste 20G on this, can any seniors vouch for this?

EDIT: or anyone with more than 20 posts.

Whip88
03-13-2012, 01:09 AM
http://f1.pepst.com/c/B66031/2529/ssc3/home/001/msg.for.anamika/albums/2_crying_boy.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

thats all

schlumpf
03-13-2012, 01:19 AM
don't understand why spending 20g would help anything with that?

Ohaithere
03-13-2012, 01:20 AM
I just got 2

CJ Sniper
03-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Darnit... I was getting regular M4A1's up until an hour ago. Now I am getting these rusty piles of garbage too. Not cool.

Atleast it's better than the stack of worthless Steyr AUG's I have accumulated. If I cared about defense anyway.

Guess I'll go back to finishing storyline missions until this gets sorted out.

schlumpf
03-13-2012, 01:22 AM
I understand, you meant refill energy, never thought of spending gold on that

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 01:23 AM
don't understand why spending 20g would help anything with that?
I spent all my energy to verify the double deckers still working, hence 0 energy, =20G to see if I was being lied to. I guess not, sorry for my doubt, I had my reasons folks. Where are my manners to the new guys http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/ghostly818/o_POP268.jpg
Welcome to the family.

Bongonator
03-13-2012, 01:27 AM
This forum has given me too much for me to bs you guys.

Hope this shows... (19k image size limit? Really?)

Motor
03-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Oof! I just got a rusty one too (7/11, A/D). Came right here to whine

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 01:30 AM
This forum has given me too much for me to bs you guys.

Hope this shows... (19k image size limit? Really?)

Again I do apologize I do have my reasons for doubt, I did invite lurkers to join us, I'm glad to see new people on here, just didnt expect it to happen so fast. Besides it was the perfect time to prank me for the invite, but yeah lol. Welcome to the forum bro.

Supermark
03-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Got a rusty m4a1 at junkyard : s

Bongonator
03-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Again I do apologize I do have my reasons for doubt, I did invite lurkers to join us, I'm glad to see new people on here, just didnt expect it to happen so fast. Besides it was the perfect time to prank me for the invite, but yeah lol. Welcome to the forum bro.

No problem. I dont even really know what invite you're referring to. But I've been around, lurking, for quite a while. So I know what a big deal this could possilby be. Hope it doesn't last bc i still need ~330 m4s to go! :mad:

Anyways, I hope to post more. Thanks for the welcome! Now let's get back to pissing and moaning... -shakes fist-

Ohaithere
03-13-2012, 01:45 AM
I have spent the past week and a bit saving for Dds, I am 2.8m away, let's hope they don't nurf them before I get a go at them

Jess@ishoejby.dk
03-13-2012, 01:48 AM
What about pier 13, i just tried 5 time but got nothing. anybody have a loot from the shipping crane? still missing 70 m4a1

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 01:49 AM
No problem. I dont even really know what invite you're referring to. But I've been around, lurking, for quite a while. So I know what a big deal this could possilby be. Hope it doesn't last bc i still need ~330 m4s to go! :mad:

Anyways, I hope to post more. Thanks for the welcome! Now let's get back to pissing and moaning... -shakes fist-
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21640-What-slice-of-the-pie-are-we&p=131366#post131366

That would be this invite lol, what a bummer for you guys. Ive been done with my m4s for a long long time now.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Heck, I can't even get a rusty m4 to drop. Oh well.

I'm sure Funzio will step up and make some other awesome weapon farmable. {sarcasm}

Bruiser
03-13-2012, 01:54 AM
Heck, I can't even get a rusty m4 to drop. Oh well.

I'm sure Funzio will step up and make some other awesome weapon farmable. {sarcasm}

I did say last night that some fun things were just around the corner...Little did i know that this would happen!

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 01:58 AM
I did say last night that some fun things were just around the corner...Little did i know that this would happen!

Yup, it's ALL your fault! Haha. Jk

I figured it was only a matter of time.

Maybe the mossberg will make a triumphant return?

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Just wondering Bruiser, you dont happen to be a beta tester do you?

Wildfire
03-13-2012, 02:16 AM
A bit harsh on those of us who haven't farmed a full 500 regular ones then, those who have a full compliment will have quite an advantage going forward. Next thing will be double deckers dropping to mini buses I suppose!

Whoopdido1980
03-13-2012, 02:40 AM
If this is permanent I don't understand why Funzio would do this. What's the point? It's not a glitch or a cheat. It's simply a strategy. If people want to invest 6 months doing nothing but farming m4's what's the harm in that?

Funzio seems so worried about keeping a level playing field so why would they totally screw those people that haven't farmed all the m4's yet?

Shoes
03-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Hi All, shame my first post is to confirm what we are all discovering but yes the m4 has been left out in the rain! And having saved/robbed for a week to get to the DD party I am worried that has gone too..

Bruiser
03-13-2012, 02:41 AM
Just wondering Bruiser, you dont happen to be a beta tester do you?

Nope, just like thinking outside the square :)

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Hi All, shame my first post is to confirm what we are all discovering but yes the m4 has been left out in the rain! And having saved/robbed for a week to get to the DD party I am worried that has gone too..
Dont worry, I have confirmed our precious DD's are still intact, as of the opening of this thread. BUT i dont know if that will be the same when I wake up in the morning.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Nope, just like thinking outside the square :)
Looks like we got a sharpshooter haha

Bruiser
03-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Trust me Ghost, i will be the first one complaining when the DD's turn into mini buses. I still have 260 to go :)

Bruiser
03-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Looks like we got a sharpshooter haha

Just look at my sponsor on my bag :) shout out to T.O.G

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Nice you actually go shooting. I was at the range last week with my cousin and dad.

Bruiser
03-13-2012, 03:03 AM
Nice you actually go shooting. I was at the range last week with my cousin and dad.

Haha nothing to do with shooting, Golf is a mind game and i work on that alot

kaz
03-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Fortunately, I just got a Rusty M4A1 in Pier 13

Thonor
03-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Have all M4A1 locations been nerfed?

I've not tried Pier 13 yet... Surely they've just lowered drops rates, they would not have stopped the drops completely?

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Haha nothing to do with shooting, Golf is a mind game and i work on that alot
Oh by target granted I thought it was you know, pullin the trigger from a 500 foot mountain on a downwards slope with 20mph wind heading east. Then you realize your using a RUSTY m4.

Bruiser
03-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Oh by target granted I thought it was you know, pullin the trigger from a 500 foot mountain on a downwards slope with 20mph wind heading east. Then you realize your using a RUSTY m4.

LOL its Target Orientated Golf hence the abbreviation T.O.G

Euchred
03-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Can't wait for golf got my mebership on saturday.

On topic this might make my brother quit he was camping at level 35 and only got 22, I hope this is only temporary.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Hey at least now nobody can complain about the M4 threads.

On the other hand its only been like 3 hours and we already have 4 Rusty M4a1 threads.

I think we need a few dozen more.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Hey at least now nobody can complain about the M4 threads.

On the other hand its only been like 3 hours and we already have 4 Rusty M4a1 threads.

I think we need a few dozen more.
I've already posted a new crates thread but I'm sure there's gonna be more

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 04:25 AM
I've already posted a new crates thread but I'm sure there's gonna be more

Yeah, just saw that, very cool, but I gotta wait for another gold sale or more TapJoy offers.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 04:39 AM
I'm kindof annoyed that I only use 295 out of 470 m4s. I spent a lot of time farming this ish.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 04:44 AM
I'm kindof annoyed that I only use 295 out of 470 m4s. I spent a lot of time farming this ish.

I wish i had that problem, I've only got 56 of them. Might you be interested in trading your extras for some Butterfly Knives? I have more than enough of those bad boys.

Dillinja
03-13-2012, 04:48 AM
I farmed a few M4's yesterday and noticed that they still get added to your inventory as normal M4's with stats showing 20/22 but only giving 7/11 to actual atk/dfns
Oh well, another reason why I'm enjoying Modern War more atm (never thought i'd say that)

Max Power
03-13-2012, 04:49 AM

I am sure Funzio will be happy to refund your money. :rolleyes:

That being said, I hate when they change fundamental rules like this. It leaves a whole generation of players at a disadvantage.

DCjG
03-13-2012, 05:04 AM
I just don't understand nerfs in endless games like this.... You just piss off the player base. Just create something more powerful and advance the game creating whatever adjusted rates you want. Allowing non-gold players to come nearer old gold buyers will stimulate gold buyers to buy more over time. Of course, the last event left most gold buyers untouchable and now this nerf to m4s means the gap has widened significantly.

This is just bad business. You need both gold buyers and non-gold buyers to make this game work.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 05:09 AM
That being said, I hate when they change fundamental rules like this. It leaves a whole generation of players at a disadvantage.

Well said Max!, couldn't agree more.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 05:12 AM
This.

I just don't understand nerfs in endless games like this.... You just piss off the player base....
This is just bad business. You need both gold buyers and non-gold buyers to make this game work.

And this.

I hate when they change fundamental rules like this. It leaves a whole generation of players at a disadvantage.

I'm done spending RM w/ Funzio.

Dillinja
03-13-2012, 05:14 AM
I just don't understand nerfs in endless games like this.... You just piss off the player base. Just create something more powerful and advance the game creating whatever adjusted rates you want. Allowing non-gold players to come nearer old gold buyers will stimulate gold buyers to buy more over time. Of course, the last event left most gold buyers untouchable and now this nerf to m4s means the gap has widened significantly.

This is just bad business. You need both gold buyers and non-gold buyers to make this game work.]
Actually they only need gold buyers to make the game work, the none gold buyers are a secondary market who they hope eventually get so pissed off that they buy gold to compete or be canon-fodder for the gold players to enjoy beating.
As far as funzio are concerned....our game our rules.
Comply or press the x in the corner...

fuzzy
03-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Do think they did it to get more people to buy there new "Contrband Crates" ?

Jill
03-13-2012, 05:28 AM
Really a bad deal for players like me trying to get to the same level of MA's as othersnwho have been playing longer..... Will CC Mark explain the reasoning or is this LFizzel's meaning of fun? Bummer ....

Gabbahh
03-13-2012, 05:43 AM
This.

And this.

I'm done spending RM w/ Funzio.

Ditto
needs more than 10 chars

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 05:53 AM
]
Actually they only need gold buyers to make the game work, the none gold buyers are a secondary market who they hope eventually get so pissed off that they buy gold to compete or be canon-fodder for the gold players to enjoy beating.
As far as funzio are concerned....our game our rules.
Comply or press the x in the corner...

The problem with that viewpoint is that PLENTY of gold buyers have farmed M4's and were farming them till last night, myself included.

So they have pissed off a lot of gold buyers in trying to stick it to non-gold buyers.(if that was their reason)

Frankly, I dont see the nerfing of weapons as much of a gold/non-gold issue.

Its more of a customer service/business issue and they just blew it in both categories IMO.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 06:20 AM
They are putting the Fun back into Funzio!

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 06:30 AM
@CounterSniper - It affects gold players b/c we can't make a viable strategy stick in this game. Now strategies need to be adjusted, but it becomes a huge timesuck when it takes MONTHS to expand a hood, build and upgrade revenue streams only to learn you're strategy won't sustain you in higher levels. At that point one has to decide if the want to continue spending RM over and above their time.

CJ Sniper
03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
***Long rant warning***

The thing is, I'm willing to be a gold buyer, within reason. I sunk $20 in crates a few weeks ago and felt it was worth it in the low levels. And paying $20 for an iOS app is hard to justify considering I have purchased dozens for $0-5 that have as much depth or time invested in them. It's getting crazy what I am going to need at the higher levels though, I'm already starting to get slapped around by people who've paid thousands. Taking this small carrot away from me was pretty much the only thing I had to look forward to now as the goals and missions are all pointless, and playing the game just for the slow progress of building up income isn't enough to justify the time invested. Hope there's some good news with this nerf or a lot of people are going to start to realize that at its core this game is really just a clone of a thousand other mobster games with better graphics.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 07:03 AM
@CJ Sniper

Thanks for the rant, appreciated reading your POV.

But the devs are going to be constantly refining the game, adding here, taking away there. That is how online games have always been. This not going to be the last big change that is made.

Nudie
03-13-2012, 07:08 AM
I like the planning and "strategic" aspect of the game, that's why I have spent so much on it. But if there are constant changes in game mechanics then all planning goes out the window and the game becomes basically pointless. Nerfing M4 farming, a cruel joke indeed. Perhaps they are trying to reduce the number of players. If so, they are really doing a great job.

Thonor
03-13-2012, 07:15 AM
I've tried a number of locations now, all rusty crap!

This does look like a complete replacement for the M4A1, not just for a few of the drop sites :S

This issue was enough for me to register an account on here to make my views known

There's nothing that comes close (non-gold) to the 20/22 stats... put simply they're *******s. If they wanted to even out the playing field, lower the drop rates don't completely remove it! This is pobably enough for me to quit.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
The first casualty of any battle is the plan.

I remember General Futility saying that.

Heck, he even said it back when he was Colonel Futility.

i need muney
03-13-2012, 07:19 AM
I dont think it'll take them too long to convert the ones we have.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
That would be a sweet nerf if they converted everyone's M4A1s.

Isn't that what they did with Mossbergs?

i need muney
03-13-2012, 07:25 AM
That would be a sweet nerf if they converted everyone's M4A1s.

Isn't that what they did with Mossbergs?
Yuppery do, they did

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 07:30 AM
I like the planning and "strategic" aspect of the game, that's why I have spent so much on it. But if there are constant changes in game mechanics then all planning goes out the window and the game becomes basically pointless.

This seems so obvious to players. With advances in gamification, and the business adage that preserving a customer is much more profitable than acquiring a new one, I'm surprised there isn't more investment in sustainability. It's a discipline that translates naturally to social gaming.

My beef isn't the M4 persay, it's the inability to affect a winning strategy in volatile environment. And the encironment isn't dynamic because of foreseeable trends that give savvy players an edge, things change at the whim of a Funzio product manager. That's not 'fun' and not the kind of game that merits player investment.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 07:38 AM
The first casualty of any battle is the plan.

I remember General Futility saying that.

Heck, he even said it back when he was Colonel Futility.

This is in the context of players scheming for an advantage in an evolving environment. Nerfing isn't evolution. If Funzio introduced a new comparable weapon or adjusted drop odds or changed drop locations, that would be different. My hope is that is what has happened here and yet to be discovered.

Meanwhile, we'll see if unpredictable game mechanics yield more profit for Funzio or not.

i need muney
03-13-2012, 07:42 AM
we'll see if unpredictable game mechanics yield more profit for Funzio or not.
Funzio CEO detected.

Nicholost
03-13-2012, 07:46 AM
This seems so obvious to players. With advances in gamification, and the business adage that preserving a customer is much more profitable than acquiring a new one, I'm surprised there isn't more investment in sustainability. It's a discipline that translates naturally to social gaming.

My beef isn't the M4 persay, it's the inability to affect a winning strategy in volatile environment. And the encironment isn't dynamic because of foreseeable trends that give savvy players an edge, things change at the whim of a Funzio product manager. That's not 'fun' and not the kind of game that merits player investment.
Agreed. This isn't a sustainable business strategy. Players can't invest in the game long term because they can't devise a play strategy that follows this randomly moving target. About the time a player comes up with a plan and just starts to implement it, the winds change and they have to nix their plan. Personally, this is burning me out. I'm $220 in, but am seriously considering saying peace out and moving on.

epicrecipe
03-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Funzio CEO detected. HA! I WISH I owned a gaming platform w/ residual income! Just create new in-game assets and watch the cash roll in, LOL.

I'm amazed that so many of us tolerate the long build/upgrade/expansion times. Imagine the level of engagement if regularly introduced new equipment and buildings. I think this is a big part of what makes this a strategic vs action game, and all the more frustrating when changing game dynamics undermine strategies that take months to employ.

Whoopdido1980
03-13-2012, 09:21 AM
So are the Rusty M4's showing up on the 2.2 version only? Is anybody still playing 2.1.3? I've been playing 2.1.3 and not one M4 has dropped at Boardwalk in probably close to 30 attempts.

So did Funzio replace the M4 with the Rusty M4 in the 2.2 version and then just completely eliminate the drops altogether in 2.1.3?

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Have all M4A1 locations been nerfed?

I've not tried Pier 13 yet... Surely they've just lowered drops rates, they would not have stopped the drops completely?

All gone, Rusty's only.

Thinks
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Soooo... I was super excited for a nice run of pulling 7 m4's on 10 attempts... only to find out they were these "Budget M4's". I want my energy back, please.

Sooo... I had a theory as to why these budget m4's were dropping. I was rehashing the idea for a good hour or two, then I checked the calender only to realize it's March 13th, not April 1st.... There goes my theory! :-(

Ramshutu
03-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I really am not gonna waste 20G on this, can any seniors vouch for this?

EDIT: or anyone with more than 20 posts.

I got some M4A1s at the junkyard and Broadwalk this morning (9 hours ago, or so)

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
I got some M4A1s at the junkyard and Broadwalk this morning (9 hours ago, or so)

That's about the time they vanished.

Brent
03-13-2012, 10:56 AM
I just got the rusty m4al this morning as well.

Gaming Will
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Yup. Stupid rusty m4a1. This really blows. Will they put it somewhere else to farm?

xXSycoXx
03-13-2012, 11:26 AM
i got two rusty m4a1's today and only got to 156 of normal m4a1's

is there anything else worth farming anywhere else

Silvio
03-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I know saying this will make me a pariah amongst this forum, but I have no issue with this change. I only have 265 or so M1's, so nowhere near the 500 (I found the forum way too late), but the change for me removes some of the boredom. Plus it will eventually even things up for me against some of my rivals who have lots of M4's from farming, but no economy to speak of. The economy for me will be able to equalize their stats.

Think of if you are funzio, watching every player guarantee themselves upwards of 1000 atk/def simply from farming a single location. I would imagine that their intent of the game is that drops are supposed to a nice pleasant addition to the game, rather than the main source of atk/def sourcing. Why wouldn't they want to change it up?

As I read earlier, longer term players have undergone many such changes, and they survived. A dynamic game holds interest longer. That is a fact.

Now, has the entire drop spreadsheet changed, or just the M4? Let's jump to the next step and figure out what is next best. The layer community will likely adapt faster than the developers who are trying to stay ahead of it.

dudeman
03-13-2012, 12:19 PM
I know saying this will make me a pariah amongst this forum, but I have no issue with this change. I only have 265 or so M1's, so nowhere near the 500 (I found the forum way too late), but the change for me removes some of the boredom. Plus it will eventually even things up for me against some of my rivals who have lots of M4's from farming, but no economy to speak of. The economy for me will be able to equalize their stats.

Think of if you are funzio, watching every player guarantee themselves upwards of 1000 atk/def simply from farming a single location. I would imagine that their intent of the game is that drops are supposed to a nice pleasant addition to the game, rather than the main source of atk/def sourcing. Why wouldn't they want to change it up?

As I read earlier, longer term players have undergone many such changes, and they survived. A dynamic game holds interest longer. That is a fact.

Now, has the entire drop spreadsheet changed, or just the M4? Let's jump to the next step and figure out what is next best. The layer community will likely adapt faster than the developers who are trying to stay ahead of it.

All I really want to know is whether or not the M249 Machine Gun is loot able/farmable. I have more M4A1s than I need when attacking rivals, but I could have used a few more for defense. The M249 seems like it would be a good substitute with a defense score of 23, one better than the M4A1.

Other than that, I am content to move on to DDs at this point, even though I am being forced to go that route a few days earlier than I had planned. I have 5 DDs already and I have had access to Leila for less than 6 hours.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
+1 Silvio, we can be pariahs together

beaux
03-13-2012, 12:25 PM
I got my first 3 M4A1s yesterday today the only one I hit was a rusty one.

erik
03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
+1 Swifty, in trying to trick him down to your level of Pariah!

Santa
03-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I had 69 M4's before the nerf. My entire game plan is screwed over. Not even 1/4 to my goal of 499 (Military Assault Rifle)... Got one rusty M4 today. What now?

Whoopdido1980
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
For anybody that cares, I went outside of the normal support route and emailed a contact at Funzio that I had emailed with numerous times in the past. He has always been extremely helpful. I just informed him that this decision has caused quite an uproar on the forum and many players are upset both because of the decision itself but also because it was done completely out of the blue with no explanation. I simply asked him why Funzio chose to make this decision.

He emailed back right away and said that it wasn't his call, but he would forward my email directly to the design team to get a clear explanation. Hopefully I get a response because it would be nice to hear the reasons why they did this right from the horse's mouth.

Santa
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
For anybody that cares, I went outside of the normal support route and emailed a contact at Funzio that I had emailed with numerous times in the past. He has always been extremely helpful. I just informed him that this decision has caused quite an uproar on the forum and many players are upset both because of the decision itself but also because it was done completely out of the blue with no explanation. I simply asked him why Funzio chose to make this decision.

He emailed back right away and said that it wasn't his call, but he would forward my email directly to the design team to get a clear explanation. Hopefully I get a response because it would be nice to hear the reasons why they did this right from the horse's mouth.

See M4A1 Update discussion. (It's stickied)

Major Elvis Newton
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Just got a rusty one myself. It's what prompted me to look at the boards.

mac daddy
03-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Not sure, but I found a similar pattern of rusty guns back in 2011. Perhaps the pursuit of our beloved gun is simply going through the "circle of life" and will return again?

TemplarX
03-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Not sure, but I found a similar pattern of rusty guns back in 2011. Perhaps the pursuit of our beloved gun is simply going through the "circle of life" and will return again?
Fat hope...they did this to the mossbergs and the M4A1s, and in more than half a year of playing, they have not provided any better cash weapons...with the M4A1 gone, the options for non-gold strategy has shrunk further. Funzio's strategy is obvious. They have moved into a phase of milking the game for maximum quick profits now.

thisisdream
03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
So no more m4 a1 now? Omg I got rusty😭😭😭😭😭😭

qwikster
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
sad to hear about M4A1. glad i'm done farming that weapon. i wonder if DD is next?

2Legit
03-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Wats the stats for rusty m4?

Man!! Im just glad i knew about the m4s, dont got to worry about being nerfed and all

Likewhoaa
03-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Just got a reg m4a1 from boardwalk... R they back or just for the event?

Al boss
03-14-2012, 03:36 AM
@likewhoaa not sure mate I got a normal one today too, got 6 rusties and 1 normal, so not sure what the story is...

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 03:44 AM
@likewhoaa not sure mate I got a normal one today too, got 6 rusties and 1 normal, so not sure what the story is...

I'm sure its a glitch and funzio will want your reports ASAP.

They like "fixin" things around here.

Fig Oni
03-14-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm sure its a glitch and funzio will want your reports ASAP.

They like "fixin" things around here.

Not bothered got over 200 regular ones, just need a few more but that kool.

i need muney
03-14-2012, 04:26 AM
So are the Rusty M4's showing up on the 2.2 version only? Is anybody still playing 2.1.3? I've been playing 2.1.3 and not one M4 has dropped at Boardwalk in probably close to 30 attempts.

So did Funzio replace the M4 with the Rusty M4 in the 2.2 version and then just completely eliminate the drops altogether in 2.1.3?
About time everyone should realize that DATA IS FETCHED FROM THE SERVER. You can get bugs and multiclicks by playing 2.1.3, but anything loot related is in the data file.

Duke.0
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Nayda drpoped a Rusty M4
Boadwalk dropped a Rusty M4
Junkyard dropped a Rusty M4....

Wow...and i'm almost at 400 of the normal M4's too...

This kind of sucks...

Swifty
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I have a Trusty Rusty!

CounterSniper
03-14-2012, 01:07 PM
I have a Trusty Rusty!

Can we buy Hoppes w/ rp's?

Swifty
03-14-2012, 01:19 PM
That would be a sweet idea. Buy a Hoppe's cleaning kit that transmogrifies your Trusty Rusty into a real M4A1.

Funzio, are you listening?

Whoopdido1980
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
About time everyone should realize that DATA IS FETCHED FROM THE SERVER. You can get bugs and multiclicks by playing 2.1.3, but anything loot related is in the data file.

I realized that as soon as I got a Rusty using 2.1.3.