PDA

View Full Version : What slice of the pie are we?

G Wiz
03-12-2012, 09:23 PM
There are a lot of players out there in Crime City...some who go with the flow and others who get involved. Yes, I'm talking about "we the forum".

Out of a big warm, scrumptous caramel pecan pie, what percent do you think we make up of the bigger picture? Do you feel that our voices are heard or even deserve to be attributed to the greater mass?

I'm G Wiz your host, lets talk :)

Nicholost
03-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Out of a big warm, scrumptous caramel pecan pie...
You lost me right there. Yuck.

I bet ~5% of CC users lurk or have visited the forums to read some of the guides and 1% actually post.

dudeman
03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
You lost me right there. Yuck.

+1

I bet ~5% of CC users lurk or have visited the forums to read some of the guides and 1% actually post.

+1 again.

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
I believe there are alot more lurkers that werent included in my dearest humble nose picker friend's description of the pie. Sometimes when I read on peoples in game walls, not only do they gossip about us, the forum folk, but they spread what they have read or know with their friends/crews. Maybe there are more than a handful of lurkers that might know things that we dont (yeah right) but keep to themselves, BUT they do come here and dont contribute. Dont get me wrong I'm not hating, I'm always a neutral member of all factions just my opinion yo.

emcee
03-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Would guess less than 0.1% actually post.

G Wiz
03-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I believe there are alot more lurkers that werent included in my dearest humble nose picker friend's description of the pie. Sometimes when I read on peoples in game walls, not only do they gossip about us, the forum folk, but they spread what they have read or know with their friends/crews. Maybe there are more than a handful of lurkers that might know things that we dont (yeah right) but keep to themselves, BUT they do come here and dont contribute. Dont get me wrong I'm not hating, I'm always a neutral member of all factions just my opinion yo.Not to toot my own horn but sometimes I feel popular "in game" from the people who comment on my wall. I think we reach a lot of people with the forums as far as viewing and reading goes definately but, if we had to be critical, do you think that we "deserve" anything from funzio considering all the veterans who have created guides, and spreadsheets that go wayyyy deeper than the help button in game?

Often times I find that in the forums we tend to scrutinize moreso than may be necessary...but this is a function of a forum, no?

G Wiz
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
You lost me right there. Yuck. *covers graham cracker ears on pie* They don't mean it baby...

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I feel the same, like I get posts on my wall sometimes with people saying hey is this ghost from the forums your posts are helpful and stuff like that. I agree with you Wiz, BUT (Funzio i'm not stepping on your shoes) if it wasn't for us, probably more people would've spent money on gold because they felt helpless. Like I always say, GOLD either makes this game or breaks it. "Usually" people buy the gold to get better, and the ones that are the radicals either go crazy and buy gold cause they don't know what they are doing, or they quit. What we are doing is the function of the forum , from day one even before my couple month break from the forum I've always said, forums are for us to help and learn from each other not criticize and argue (usually said this when people were arguing or fighting.) But yes I'm with you, I mean if its possible for me to be sleeping and then wake up with 5 people posting on my wall saying thanks for the info etc. and lurkers sending me mafia adds from my signature, then we do kinda deserve a little pat on the back nah mean.

Dreno33
03-12-2012, 11:11 PM
This brings up a point.

I don't know anything of any of your lives personally, yet you all seem to be good friends. Though relatively new, I feel welcomed here and somewhat contribute and will continue to. I enjoy seeing Ghost and G Wiz's posts in threads, I have a decent understanding of their personalities, I enjoy this. Its more of a friendship community if anything.

The lurkers are the ones missing out. You are all really cool people. This is one of the few kinds of environments where NO ONE can be bias. Judged only on character.

Proud to call you members friends.

CounterSniper
03-12-2012, 11:18 PM
I believe there are alot more lurkers that werent included in my dearest humble nose picker friend's description of the pie. Sometimes when I read on peoples in game walls, not only do they gossip about us, the forum folk, but they spread what they have read or know with their friends/crews. Maybe there are more than a handful of lurkers that might know things that we dont (yeah right) but keep to themselves, BUT they do come here and dont contribute. Dont get me wrong I'm not hating, I'm always a neutral member of all factions just my opinion yo.

+1 Ghost

I have been amazed at the number of guests online when I have occasionally checked the "Who's Online" link.

There are a lot of players reading, just not posting.

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 11:29 PM
To the lurkers! I invite you to join the family! http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/ghostly818/o_POP268.jpg
And btw thanks bro.

G Wiz
03-12-2012, 11:36 PM
This brings up a point.

I don't know anything of any of your lives personally, yet you all seem to be good friends. Though relatively new, I feel welcomed here and somewhat contribute and will continue to. I enjoy seeing Ghost and G Wiz's posts in threads, I have a decent understanding of their personalities, I enjoy this. Its more of a friendship community if anything.

The lurkers are the ones missing out. You are all really cool people. This is one of the few kinds of environments where NO ONE can be bias. Judged only on character.

Proud to call you members friends.Thanks man...Heres a slice of some of that pie.

Dreno33
03-12-2012, 11:41 PM
lmao uhhh nah I'm good. haha

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 11:44 PM
This made me think of a reason to post a new thread. Stay tuned folks.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21643-Crime-City-Forum-Member-Reunion&p=131327#post131327

This ^^^ thread was inspired by the lurkers, and my wonderful picture of The Sopranos.

Whip88
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Whats with everyone having a gang/crew/possie?

Forum possie?

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Gang crew possie? Would you mind further explaining the definition of your statement bro?

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Gang crew possie? Would you mind further explaining the definition of your statement bro?

Isn't he referring to the hi lvl gangs like the "Native Americans" w/ their TeePees.

"Alternate Name"

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Isn't he referring to the hi lvl gangs like the "Native Americans" w/ their TeePees.

"Alternate Name"
I believe if you call them the native americans they will throw spears at you through your sniper scope bro. I think they are the indians.

PS. I once made the mistake on one of their walls, I sorta got a speech that they are the indians. I dont see a difference.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:34 AM

Forum possie?
My bad I sorta blanked out, I actually dont know about everyone being in one, I think its just those HL big money guys.

G Wiz
03-13-2012, 12:34 AM

Forum possie?it puts your porkchop sideburns into perspective

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 12:35 AM
I believe if you call them the native americans they will throw spears at you through your sniper scope bro. I think they are the indians.

PS. I once made the mistake on one of their walls, I sorta got a speech that they are the indians. I dont see a difference.

I figure they have spies who do forum search's for that "word" which is why I chose an alternative.

I think you may have just put yourself back on the list. haha.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
I figure they have spies who do forum search's for that "word" which is why I chose an alternative.

I've made it clear to most of those guys that I'm a neutral party, even to payam, his response was fair enough.

Whip88
03-13-2012, 12:48 AM
it puts your porkchop sideburns into perspective

Your jealous lol wanna be in my sideburn gang?

My bad I sorta blanked out, I actually dont know about everyone being in one, I think its just those HL big money guys.

I have come across many more without names or i just dont know there names.

Haha i dont know if they have somone at my lvl so im not worried.

Ghost818
03-13-2012, 12:51 AM
I think so too CS.

Dreno33
03-13-2012, 12:54 AM
can i get your opinions guys?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21647-Dear-Crime-City-Mark...

Swifty
03-13-2012, 06:39 AM
All you lurkers please introduce yourselves.

We need more FNGs.

Jill
03-13-2012, 06:55 AM
They certainly exist, I have been invited more than once to join 'gangs' and reading their messages they certainly come here to get all the info that is freely shared here

G Wiz
03-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I have chosen to be "above" the influence

-insert that red upward pointing arrow here-

The gangs kinda limit your friends and ability to remain off the radar per say. Your hood will almost always be stalked or robbed. I don't know if thats the kinda attention I want.
even more, if you decide to leave "blood in, blood out" you will almost always be the target of daily beatings and Im sure people will think your still in it anyways.