PDA

View Full Version : General Tips for n00 (read first post)

Pages : [1] 2

JohnnyR
03-12-2012, 07:16 PM
The FNG Guide!

Updated 3/23/12

Free gold at tapjoy.com! Thread with all details:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22303-Modern-War-at-Tapjoy

This is a tip sheet for anyone new or old to Modern War that covers many of the basics that are all over the threads here on the forum. If you've got a tip, fact, spreadsheet, or anything to share, please PM me (click my username) or post here in the thread. This first post will be updated constantly, so don't worry about having to scroll through all of the pages of this thread-everything starts......here:

Beginner: Things everyone has to know before making a post or thread

-Gold can now be collected through tapjoy.com. Currently downloading and openning apps at tapjoy or real money purchases are the only way to get gold. Right now there is a potential of collecting about 420 gold in free apps and trial programs (Netflix and Discover card).

The numbers:
-Allies, for each level you get to add 5 USABLE allies to your alliance. You can add more than you can use, but they will not be adding any benefit except for being POTENTIALLY beneficial in that they can be used later as you level up. Think of it this way-each level UNLOCKS 5 allies, no matter how many you have added, you are limited to five times your level. Each usable ally allows you to bring 4 units to battle. There is a max 2000 usable unit limit, achieved at level 100, however there is no limit to the amount of units one can buy or win. Only the TOP usable units will be brought to battle, based on level number and ally number.

-Allies do NOT "bring" their units for you to use in attacks. They simply allow you to use more of YOUR own units.

-Attack and defense stats. The units you purchase and their attack/defense values are what determine your attack and defense statistics. If you are level 5 you are allowed 25 usable allies and you can have 100 units maximum to attack with. The TOP 100 attacking units are what you will take to battle. For your defense score, the game counts the top 100 defensive units. Say you have 100 fighter jets (attack/defense 3/1) and 100 patrol boats (attack/defense 2/2)-you will have an attack score of 300 and a defense score of 200.

-Skill points acquired through leveling up do NOT contribute to any observable stat. However, it is believed that they impart benefit and are the "X-factor" in determining battles won or lost, but cannot be measured (yet).

Definitions and Acronyms

A/D: (attack/defense) refers to the attack and defense score listed in your profile. NOT the skill point values unless noted.

PVP: refers to raiding or attacking of another player, (player versus player). Usually to gain experience, valor, money, or to accomplish a mission goal.

PVE: (Player versus Environment) Any action or progress made in a mission goal featured in any of the maps. Actions are map exclusive and not directed toward any player.

LLP: (Low Level Player) Usually refers to a player's secondary account on a different device. Many times a "camper" account dedicated to building economy while benefiting from lessons learned from the mistakes made on the primary account.

FNG: (Effing New Guy)-self explanitory!

Camping: The act of deliberately slowing down the process of leveling up. Usually in order to build strong economy (income) and vault. Also used in order to avoid strong oppnents who raid and attack often. Camping is carried out by maintaining a low ally count, avoiding PVP, and avoiding actions that lead to gains in experience and generally focusing on economy building.

Farming: The act of repeatedly attacking a target in order to gain a specific unit, amount of cash, or other thing. Common units farmed are Desert Leader, Amphibious Trooper, and Mini-sub.

Attack: When a player attacks a rival directly for his cash.

Raid: When a player attacks a rival's BUILDING for the BUILDING's cash. Cash from buildings cannot be protected by vault.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Why does my rival at level 10 have a building even though it has a higher level requirement?
A: Funzio did not always place level requirements on buildings. Previously, players could build all or almost all buildings from level 1. It is believed that they put level requirements in order to prevent turtling or camping at low levels.

Q: Why do I keep losing money even though I put it all in the vault?
A: There are two ways a rival can take money from you, the "attack" and the "raid." These are two very different things, please do not interchange them. Attacking takes money directly from you, whatever cash on hand you have. This is the money the vault protects. Raiding on the other hand takes money from your money producing buildings. This money cannot be protected but by collecting your money in timely fashion.

Q: How do I get a guy to stop attacking me (any and all reasons)?
A: Assuming you cannot just buy units to make yourself stronger, there are a few ways out of this.
1) Level up, or let him level up-if you've not attacked him and he seems to be picking on you, try to level up-or stop your leveling up progress. Once you are a few levels away from him, you won't show up on his rival's list.
2) Attempt to ally him, allies cannot attack another ally. Find HIS ally number, either on his wall, or perhaps other rivals walls he has posted on. It is unlikely that he'll add a person that he likes attacking, so you must take initiative.
3) Friendly banter. If you've ever attacked him, you are on his newsfeed, and basically given him a key to directly visit your base whenever he feels like. These messages on his board through your friendly banter will eventually push your attack further down the his newsfeed until disappearing. Do not spam.

Q: Why do I lose to a weaker or evenly matched rival?
A: There are many reasons.
-Number one reason is that boost buildings and perhaps nation bonus are not included in stats that you see when visiting his profile. Boost buildings add a potential 20% to attack, and nation bonuses add 10%. Conceivably the stats you see can be 30% less than what he actually has.
-Reason number 2, his skill points are higher than your attack points. Skill points influence the chances of battle outcomes, the higher your attack, the more chance you will win, the higher your opponent's defense, the higher chance he'll repel your attack.

Q: Why am I being attacked by a person 5, 10, 20 or more levels above me?
A: It is possible that you attacked his base and that you are on his newsfeed. If you are on his newsfeed, you could be 100 or even more levels away and he can still find and attack you. This is one of the reasons to pick your battles wisely, don't be attacking anyone you'll regret coming back to get you.

Oddities and things to consider:

-At this present moment boost bonuses to attack and defense scores are NOT included in viewing your opponent's a/d score in their profile. The boost bonus IS visible when viewing your own profile.

-DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN 1000 ALLIES. You will lose them all if you do this!!! This is all over the forums right now, but if the devs don't feel it necessary to change this, here is your warning!

Fast Facts:

-Vault limit is 10,000,000.
-Useful Ally limit is 500 (any over does nothing).
-Useful unit limit is 2000.
-Selling GOLD buildings gives you NOTHING BACK.
-Selling regular buildings gives you half in game money back.

Nation Bonuses:

UK: 10% toward Sea Power (unit's attack and defense point values on sea units is increased by 10%)
-UK has the highest possible defensive stats when nation bonus is factored in.

Russia: 10% toward Air Power (unit's attack and defense point values on air units is increased by 10%)
-Russia has highest possible attack stats when nation bonus is factored in.

Germany: 10% toward Ground Power (unit's attack and defense point values on ground units is increased by 10%)
-Germany will not have highest stats in either attack or defense category, but the highest valor unit in ground has the best defense stats of all the valor units.

China: 10% toward Infantry Power (unit's attack and defense point values on Infantry units is increased by 10%)
-China also will not have any particularly powerful stats in Attack or Defense categories when buying Infantry units, however, the GIGN unit is the cheapest of the "high value" valor units.

USA: 10% faster stamina recovery.
-Stamina points are used in attacking others, this allows for more PVP action.

Iran: 10% faster energy recovery.
-Faster energy recovery allows one to complete mission goals (PVE) faster.

Useful Links:

Tramp Stamp's Opening and Economy Guide-
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

Building Update Cost and Output Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6Z UE&hl=en_US#gid=4

War Priest
03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
I like the idea, but I think we all know that people are still going to post the "HELP ME" threads to ask a simple question such as why am I losing a battle.

Colonelbob
03-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Fantastic. This is just what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch. The beginner section is clear and consider and has really helped my understanding. Thanks.

Colonelbob 671 843 123

JohnnyR
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
True War Priest, however if given the tools to understand I think most can figure out strategy, rather than going the piecemeal route for each problem/issue/question. A broader understanding can be easier to acquire once all important info is on the table.

Plus, this might give way to more advanced discussion in the future. Like how learning irrigation and the domestication of animals gave way to more advanced cities, language and mathematics. Except in the make belief world of Modern War. ;-)

Sugarymama
03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I will admit that I was one of those people who posted a HELP ME message, but when you're fairly new some of the information posted can leave you more confused than before you visited the forum. A lot of abbreviations and acronyms are used that a newbie may not understand. It took me a minute to understand "pvp" and "pve". I didn't know what "farming" and "camping" was. I've been reading for a few days and I'm still fuzzy on some things.

That being said, I think your idea is great. I know I can use a "one stop shopping" comprehensive guide. Will come in handy.

War Priest
03-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah, define PVE, PVP, and A/D. That'll be good for starters.

War Priest
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
You sure your ready for this. Your signing up for a disaster. :p

JohnnyR
03-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Added a definitions and acronyms section, thanks for the suggestions Sugarymama and War Priest. Also, appreciating the gratitude ColonelBob, glad this is helpful in a way.

Also new is an "oddity" section, the first entry being that the boost buildings aren't affecting the stats in enemy profiles. More to come.

Also, planning on sticking in links to topics discussing certain elements as reference, keeping the entries in the first post as brief explanations and in depth discussions for the threads.

War Priest
03-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Not bad Johnny, this is coming along much better than I thought it would. :D Keep it up!

Dillinja
03-13-2012, 03:09 AM
first rule I would say for this game is like in sales (Always Be Closing)
The abc of this game is always be buliding/upgrading/expanding/increasing Vault

Mcdoc
03-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Hey Johnny - you forgot the most important abbreviation of all - "FNG" - F'n New Guy -LoL

Also, some others I keep repeating:

AT - Amphibious Trooper
SS - Sea Scout
SF - Stealth Frigate
SH - Super Hornet

ASP - Attack Skill Points
DSP - Defense Skill Points

I'm sure there are many more :)

War Priest
03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Add that there use to be no requirement for buildings that's why some have them and others can't yet. I am tired about reading about that.

Also, it's funny how new comers always start a thread by saying "Hi" :D

Ninja Turtle
03-13-2012, 09:20 PM
O so I'm camping, weird i thought it was the complete opposite like what people refer to what players did in old FPS on multiplayer, camping spawn points. So i thought it meant camping one player over and over again on this game, now I know what it really means, thanks.

Colonelbob
03-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Is there any sort of general rule for how much defence you should have by level? I know it is different for all players, especially gold/free but is there a formula or best practise to keep? As in, by level 5 you should have 500 defence, but level 10, 1000 defence etc.?

When I look at my rival list (level 28) the attack/defence scores are all over the play ranging from 400 to one player I saw with 5500. What should I be aiming for?

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
New update guys. :)

FAQ, Fast Facts, a few warnings, a few new definitions, and nation bonus basics explained.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys.

Minor changes next time, hopefully I can get a bit of input here:

Definition of turtle strategy and new definition for "camping." Both are unique strategies IMO, and I think I have mischaracterized camping a bit, somebody's post regarding camping in other FPS games got me thinking about a better definition.

Links! I need links to good threads to reference to. Thinking about including good links to discussions regarding the different issues and FAQ people have here so one can go in and see what was said, and get some in depth info.

Alrighty, that's all for now, thanks for the interest!

JohnnyR
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Future update will include "General Strategy Tips," this truly is THE first rule.

Tanner
03-20-2012, 07:31 AM
These are some very important points.

PM'd you. Great work here!

Tanner
03-20-2012, 07:32 AM

Hey Johnny - you forgot the most important abbreviation of all - "FNG" - F'n New Guy -LoL

Also, some others I keep repeating:

AT - Amphibious Trooper
SS - Sea Scout
SF - Stealth Frigate
SH - Super Hornet

ASP - Attack Skill Points
DSP - Defense Skill Points

I'm sure there are many more :)

Add that there use to be no (Level) requirement for buildings that's why some have them and others can't yet. I am tired about reading about that.

Also, it's funny how new comers always start a thread by saying "Hi" :D

*these points*

BafflingOdyssey
03-20-2012, 09:28 AM
This would be useful to include under valuable links. Copied from Tanner's signature.

Modern War Loot and Detailed Mission Results
http://goo.gl/G977P

Can we request the mod to make this a sticky?

doomnosee
03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Excellent thread - thanks for the effort.

A few comments:
1. typo in nation's bonuses: Russia (air not sea)
2. My advice is to leave only one friendly message in response to attacks. 'Spamming' a message wall to push your attack off another's news list will NOT work anymore (see below), and may be counterproductive. I for example will make a point of increasing my attacks.
3. Related info worth adding to your guide. If you receive annoying, abusive or attempted spam messages you can delete two (consecutive?) messages from the same user from your wall and you then have the option to block future messages from that user.

cheers
dns

JohnnyR
03-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Excellent thread - thanks for the effort.

A few comments:
1. typo in nation's bonuses: Russia (air not sea)
2. My advice is to leave only one friendly message in response to attacks. 'Spamming' a message wall to push your attack off another's news list will NOT work anymore (see below), and may be counterproductive. I for example will make a point of increasing my attacks.
3. Related info worth adding to your guide. If you receive annoying, abusive or attempted spam messages you can delete two (consecutive?) messages from the same user from your wall and you then have the option to block future messages from that user.

cheers
dns

Thanks, typo fixed. Put a note in about not spamming as well.

Valsta
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM
My first post... Not even sure if I'm posting it correct... Maybe "how to post" should be one of your topics. Here some other questions.
1.) early on I got tired of copying and pasting ally numbers so I splurged and bought $10 worth of gold and used it all on VIP status to get my allies numbers up. I had been playing for over a month and never once noticed the question mark that leads you to the explanation of the maximum number of allies allowed per level. So now I have 1080 allies... What should I do? Some say dump them (less attacks with minimal allies). In your thread you mention losing all allies when you hit 1000... FYI clearly this isn't the case for me. Also, if there is a max number of allies allowed and it doesn't matter how many allies your allies have then why do you see posts stating "join me... 1500 allies strong and counting".
2.) you state max units is 2000, but I have 2085??? Maybe that explains next question.
3.) when purchasing units why does the attack and deffence score of the unit not always get added or partially added to your overall a/d stats. For example, one day I decided to spend a couple 100k on scouts, after all it is probably the best bang for your buck.... But to my surprise I was all of a sudden not gaining any more a/d stats. Obviously there is a max number of each unit you can get but I cannot figure out how many. And clearly it is not the same number for each unit. With so many units to choose from, how do you determine what to purchase.
4.) is there any "guide" from funzio. Is it really a trial and error situation? Maybe you should point that out as well.
5.) I have a 10 million vault and I have always tried to keep a large reserve (max vault in cash on hand), but with these case drops I feel like I have a ginormous bullseye on me. Is ther any benefit to keeping your vault full? Perhaps this is more of a suggestion for the dev's, but what is the point of showing attackers your "potential" cash (vaulted and unvaulted).

I have been playing this game since Xmas. You would think that I would understand more than I do at this point. All I know is that I sometimes wake up late on the weekend and I start to panic because I'm afraid someone has already raided my stockpile, I impulsively collect money and use up my stamina before I can take a bite of lunch and I slowly play my moves at night before turning off the light and generally turn the game on one last time to double check I vaulted my money. It really is a stupid game, but then again I recorded every episode of Lost on my DVR. Perhaps the dev's (another one for your acronyms list) should hire me.

Luke7676
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Sent you a pm valsta.

JohnnyR
03-29-2012, 11:33 AM
1000 allies max probably applies when you go over that amount now. The change happened recently, those with more than 1000 allies already are probably safe. Do not add to get over the amount now though.

Amount of allies is a matter of strategy and personsl choice, more on that later.

Max usable units is 2000. You can have more, the extras won't be counted as a part of your stats. Your usable unit allowance is determined by your ally count, read "the numbers" section for more on that in the FNG guide.

The guide Funzio provides can be found in their "help" section, click around the settings menu-you'll hit it.

Good luck for now, gotta go.

Ginger
03-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Great post JohnnyR. Very informative & useful.

phxzee
03-30-2012, 04:38 PM
A great post, and to my humility it appears right under a new thread by me asking for a resource list of useful information. However, i DID search, and I did have a look through the first few pages. I am guessing ginger snuck in (did more searching as well) and posted just before my thread.

My main question is regarding defensive buildings, I'm guessing they only add value to raids against that building. So does that mean that there is no point putting them around booster/unit buildings? Also, do they stack? can you super fortify certain buildings by having multiple defensive buildings around them???

oh..... and most important question

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD STICKIED???!!!!!

fuzzlenutz
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Johnny R
What are the negatives of having over 1000 allies?
I have over 9800 and see a few hundred only in my list
Thats since they all went away and only the ones added since show and
I also have a very limited rivals list
I was trying to delete uneeded allies and list disappeared

JohnnyR
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
My main question is regarding defensive buildings, I'm guessing they only add value to raids against that building. So does that mean that there is no point putting them around booster/unit buildings? Also, do they stack? can you super fortify certain buildings by having multiple defensive buildings around them???

oh..... and most important question

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD STICKIED???!!!!!

I'm not sure of the properties defensive buildings have. What we know is the halo "protects," just not sure how much or if it stacks. Also, the defense score is added to your overall defense stats in profile-not sure if that means they protect against attacks, raids or both, but there is no indication that they are NOT used for raids or attacks.

To answer the last question-to make us suffer, lol.

Johnny R
What are the negatives of having over 1000 allies?
I have over 9800 and see a few hundred only in my list
Thats since they all went away and only the ones added since show and
I also have a very limited rivals list
I was trying to delete uneeded allies and list disappeared

Negatives of having a large ally list is that you are on the radar of others with large ally lists. The gold spenders and players with very dense armies want more allies to make use of their killer units. If you got wads of scouts and patrol boats....not good. You will be easy pickings and a weak target. You want a dense army so that you can go up against other's with similar (or ideally lower...way lower) ally counts. The idea here is to be the big fish in the little pond, you want to avoid being sharkfood. Having large amount of allies is fine as long as you can defend yourself the higher the level, the harder and more competitive things get.

It sounds like you have one of the ally glitches. Right now going over 1000 allies, going over 500 pending requests, or adding more than 100 allies at a time brings hardship. One user here lost EVERY one of their allies by adding more than one thousand-be wary. I know you're over 1000, right now, but this should be an example of modern War's failure in it's ability to handle large numbers-be careful.

So the unit cap is 2000 eh.... I have 1300 something and I don't need over 500. What's a good way to lose unwanted units?

Add more allies to get more units in your attack group, minding the limits of course talked about in the original post. There really is no need to kill them off though...

Gritix
06-04-2012, 06:50 PM
This is amazing guide, You did a great job puting in the effort to help others, Im a level 96 and i actually learned a thing or two from this guide thanx a bunch.

Poopenshire
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
This is amazing guide, You did a great job puting in the effort to help others, Im a level 96 and i actually learned a thing or two from this guide thanx a bunch.

I think I saw you on the rankings. Need some help? Pm me and I can swing by to see what we can do for you.

Gritix
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Thank you very much, if i have any questions i will sure go to you first :D

Fivestars02
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Can someone explain how during some attack people are able to win a lot of money (up to 600000)? :-(

spectra
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I like the idea, but I think we all know that people are still going to post the "HELP ME" threads to ask a simple question such as why am I losing a battle.

WP, I know the answer, I know the answer, me, me ,me............because you fought FLAN the BEAST............:p

hahahaha.........could not help it....................:)

Miner
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Can someone explain how during some attack people are able to win a lot of money (up to 600000)? :-(Each attack is worth 10% of their unvaulted cash up to the maximum amount per attack, which is based on experience level. I'm at level 89 and the max is 300k. I can take up to 6 mil with 20 successful attacks if the player has enough cash over vault.

Ascent
08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Each attack is worth 10% of their unvaulted cash up to the maximum amount per attack, which is based on experience level. I'm at level 89 and the max is 300k. I can take up to 6 mil with 20 successful attacks if the player has enough cash over vault.

Is that the max. or does it go above 300k at higher levels?

Kiss Of Death
08-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you let's all make sure this post gets stickied. I'll pm ccm

Kiss Of Death
08-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Is that the max. or does it go above 300k at higher levels?300k is max you can get in one hit, if they are loaded up you can hit 20+times for 6 million plus!

Kiss Of Death
08-10-2012, 06:50 PM
You sure your ready for this. Your signing up for a disaster. :pLol, but someone has to try and he's got my support!

Fivestars02
08-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the clarification but today I got screw again and lost 213 thousand in money and a lot of units.
So it shouldn't happen if only I had 150 thousand unvaulted and the attack cost me more :-@.
Can you tell me also if you can get the list of the top usable made up?

Thanks a lot for the good tips, are you playing the game?

Fivestars02
08-13-2012, 10:51 AM
It is possible to select the first 100 unit for defense and attack? Thanks

Fivestars02
08-14-2012, 12:24 PM
No,I was thinking you could select or find the way to choice the units. Thanks a lot

RobDog
08-16-2012, 05:57 PM
What is the point in "camping"??

TripO
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
wow what a long thread.

Giedrybe
08-18-2012, 08:15 AM
RobDog, if you are not camping, it means that you are leveling up (doing various things to accumulate XP). It is not automatically bad, but leveling too fast can bring you to the zone where your rivals are stronger than you - in terms of att/def, in terms of economy (iph), base infrastructure. If so, you need to take a break and camp for a certain time, until you will have satisfactory (for you) power of attack, defense and money income.

Are you camping quietly or not - it depends when you have decided to camp. If you already run into trouble, at first you will still be attacked as you are weak. So your aim is to increase your defense asap. Some players prefer to camp BEFORE entering higher zones to be competitive there. Choice is yours, all ways to play the game are OK, just not all successfull.

Fivestars02
08-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Dear senior member I start to be very annoid to lose high value units during the attack vs people with low statistic and defense, any suggestion?

Fivestars

Giedrybe
08-19-2012, 05:53 AM
Please give figures - what have you attacked, what is your attack and what player (nation, raw defense, bonus buildings and composite level) have you attacked? Also what level you are and how much skill points have you under attack?

I will first let you answer this, and then I will give detailed explanation what you need to consider, including x factor of the game.

Temps88
08-19-2012, 06:10 AM
I maybe sounding dim here but if I'm only allowed the help of say 500 hundred allies and I have a 1000 how are the 500 allies chosen? Would it pay me to just choose allies that are higher or similar to me in standing and de-friend any that are of lower rank to me?

Temps88
08-19-2012, 07:00 AM
I hope this is the info you require to answer why I lost to someone on paper I should beat!
Here are the stats:
Enemy :- Myself.

American level 154. British level 151.
A members. 1266. 932
Units . 13130 13378
Attack. 76095 82099
Defence. 78827. 98870
Level 1 on all boost buildings. Genetic level 2,hanger 3, elect 4,naval 2 composites 9.

Fivestars02
08-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Please give figures - what have you attacked, what is your attack and what player (nation, raw defense, bonus buildings and composite level) have you attacked? Also what level you are and how much skill points have you under attack?

I will first let you answer this, and then I will give detailed explanation what you need to consider, including x factor of the game.

I'm at 91 level
Russian
Skill a 85 d 84
A 19400 D 21900
Getting level 2 hangar and have l2 advance airbase

Thanks for the help

Giedrybe
08-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Fivestars and Temps,

some answers. First regarding "choosing the allies". You are allowed maximum 2000 units to bring to battle with help of 500 allies. So to have more is not really needed as they gave you nothing. There is no other advantage of ally besides it allows YOU to bring 4 more YOUR units to the battle. So you can only decide which players you want to keep as allies and which you don't. Common practise and advice is keep your friends (many forum members are allied), keep your strong rivals as allies, keep everybody which can cause you harm. So if you are in whale zone (your level is 151, if I understood correctly), so there are a lot of rivals you want to keep as allies, I am sure.

Fivestars, it is good that you told me your stats, but generally for comparison you need two sides, not one :)

Read the thread (link below) - it will explain how potentially stronger attack player can loose to relatively weaker player in defense. But first you must keep in mind that:
1. in your profile you can see your BOOSTED stats, in rival's profile you see them UNBOOSTED, in reality they are higher!
2. you don't know if his defense skill points are higher than yours! This acts as multiplier on both stats!
3. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38449-Things-we-learned-From-Chef-Pepe-(aka-CCMark)
particularly focus on post 67. There are assumptions how multipliers work, but now we've been confirmed that battle mechanics works like this:
a. first your and rival's power is calculated with all potential bonuses (buildings, nation bonus, unit bonus)
b. then skill points come to action
c. then RANDOM spin comes to action. So depending on the impact of all these factor, you can generally loose battle to relatively weaker than you competitor.

Fivestars02
08-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Hei Giedrybe
Thanks for the tip, I didn't give the other stats because I found 2/3 cases like this. Anyway understood they create the game in a way we have never sure about the result or the cost to winner a battle :-) which level are you?

Cheers

Giedrybe
08-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Fivestars,

there is of course some "line" when you should only win battles. Different players are using different strategies and are willing to take different risks. Some attack only players with half or even lower defense strength - and generally never looses. Other, especially those hunting battle points, are going for players a bit lower than they, similar or even a bit stronger - as then you can have good battle points results. This random multiplier lets you have different ways of playing. But of course - as I mentioned earlier - there is some point when all multipliers cannot affect and change the big gap between initial attack/defense powers.

I am low level at still 37 and playing since end of June. Enjoy the pleasure of not vaulting cash here :)

Fivestars02
08-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Like mate, I decide later to joint the forum.....otherwise could have a quite life at the lower level....away from shark :-)

killinsometime
08-25-2012, 01:10 PM
1.How do i start a new thread?
I keep receiving a message that I'm not allowed to do so.

2. I wanted to post about the latest upgrade. I like the new indicator on buildings that tell you whether or not there is anything left to raid.

3.But, I noticed in missions that the yellow arrows are now gone. How can i tell whether or not I've already completed one of 'missions'/'attacks' on the people/buildings/etc in the mission sites? I have a feeling that I will end up repeating most of the attacks accidentally. Any help?

killinsometime
08-25-2012, 02:15 PM
haha... I see that i accidentally clicked the show/hide missions icon. Yellow arrows are back. :)

Aidan
08-25-2012, 03:36 PM
@killin you need 10 posts before you can start a thread. New rule to prevent spammers

killinsometime
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
@killin you need 10 posts before you can start a thread. New rule to prevent spammers

thanks.............

Fivestars02
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I didn't see the new bar, do I need to do any upgrade in the game?

General Soviet
09-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah, Tapjoy gold is really important for free players. I've gotten a LE unit, and a 60-gold crate with free gold from Tapjoy.

Lift Ticket
09-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for doing this, there is a lot of helpful info I didnt know about

y2kcowboy9
09-03-2012, 10:20 AM
357-445-303

Mzee
09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Since I can't create a new thread I will ask this here.

I am trying to purchase territory for $50,000. I have 55000 yet it says I need more money. How much does this actually cost, and is there any other instances where the game has made this kind of error?

Baraka
09-23-2012, 01:08 PM

I am trying to purchase territory for $50,000. I have 55000 yet it says I need more money. How much does this actually cost, and is there any other instances where the game has made this kind of error?i dunno why it should say this must be an error. You best contact support. Plus there is a thread called random quick questions. Post any questions like that In there.

Baraka
09-23-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36394-RANDOM-quot-quickie-quot-QUESTIONS

Put your question in there. More people will see it and may have an answer for you.

Ljepoje
09-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Awesome introduction and beginners manual, thanx´s ! :cool:

atretes1
10-24-2012, 01:18 AM

I am trying to purchase territory for $50,000. I have 55000 yet it says I need more money. How much does this actually cost, and is there any other instances where the game has made this kind of error?

This has happened to me for me I will shut the game down and open back up and or just go through the menu and it will work for me there.

kon
10-30-2012, 12:26 AM
So I won 10,000,000 last night right before going to bed. I'm a new player and have just been playing under a week. My territory is packed with buildings and I had an upgrade going on. Since my vault limit was only 75,000 and fearing by the time I wake up I would have been attacked for all my money, I spent it all on 220 Chinook helicopters. I'm trying to figure out if I did the right move; What would you have done in my shoes?

Giedrybe
10-30-2012, 01:53 AM
It really depends on what buildings you have, what units you have unlocked, what was your defense stat comparing to your rivals etc. Personally I would have really not spend every single buck you got. Potentially 100 heli have increased your stats enough to be on safe side.

carrotsama
11-01-2012, 05:22 AM
So, last night Im playing and find a guy with some excellently paying buildings (for my level and what I usually raid) who has been left untouched despite his pretty small ATK and DEF. Whoo hoo! I think

I start by hitting his boost buildings, then target a couple higher level def buildings (again, higher lvl for me) to clear the way to raid $$$ buildings. I take a shower and let my stamina rebuild, get out and all buildings still waiting to be raided. I attack first one, expecting a payday.
What it says is "Player too beat up to attack". OK, I wasnt attacking him, I was after his Satellite Array but I give it another go to same results. Try other buildings and find it lets me attack def buildings but not $ ones! And I'll say it again, EVERY MONEY BUILDING IN HIS PLACE WAS READY AND WAITING TO BE HIT.

So after some growling and cursing I leave and try to find someone else. AS I AM SEARCHING he attacks me twice (winning but getting no $) then go and starts raiding my base. I had to ask, WTF?! Didnt seem too beat up to me! So I even go back to his base where he still hadnt collected in recources and tried raiding again with same luck.
So why can he attack me but not other way? Ideas?

PS - is there any way to move or cycle through the available buildings to raid (almost like clicking tab) instead of having to tap/poke them? Some buildings are so surrounded you cant get it to select the right place. Any solutions?

Jamsky
11-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Off topic:

Remember this name Blackstone he's a hacker so beware of him!

JohnnyR
11-06-2012, 01:02 AM
So, last night Im playing and find a guy with some excellently paying buildings (for my level and what I usually raid) who has been left untouched despite his pretty small ATK and DEF. Whoo hoo! I think

I start by hitting his boost buildings, then target a couple higher level def buildings (again, higher lvl for me) to clear the way to raid $$$ buildings. I take a shower and let my stamina rebuild, get out and all buildings still waiting to be raided. I attack first one, expecting a payday.
What it says is "Player too beat up to attack". OK, I wasnt attacking him, I was after his Satellite Array but I give it another go to same results. Try other buildings and find it lets me attack def buildings but not $ ones! And I'll say it again, EVERY MONEY BUILDING IN HIS PLACE WAS READY AND WAITING TO BE HIT.

So after some growling and cursing I leave and try to find someone else. AS I AM SEARCHING he attacks me twice (winning but getting no $) then go and starts raiding my base. I had to ask, WTF?! Didnt seem too beat up to me! So I even go back to his base where he still hadnt collected in recources and tried raiding again with same luck.
So why can he attack me but not other way? Ideas?

PS - is there any way to move or cycle through the available buildings to raid (almost like clicking tab) instead of having to tap/poke them? Some buildings are so surrounded you cant get it to select the right place. Any solutions?

If he attacked you, I'm guessing that most likely by the time you had finished your shower he had collected his buildings. The "too weak to battle" message pops up at random times for me, like when I hit "Raid" on rival from the rival list. Sometimes it happens when my wifi connection is questionable, other times for no apparent reason-I'm guessing this is a catch-all message for whatever seems to not be working quite right. It could be that he collected, but the server did not send your side the "message" that it was collected and instead told you he was too "weak to battle" in error.

If you can attack his defence buildings, that would make the most sense.

As for the tight buildings, that's a toughie, it's just something you gotta master. There are a few buildings that I will have trouble with, specifically Ore Mines turned a certain way appear to be uncollected at times, as well as buildings that appear uncollected, but actually have a defence tower hiding in the midst-very annoying.

mrhoi50
11-10-2012, 03:49 PM
add me 162 546 064

Whiskey Brother
11-14-2012, 09:26 PM
As for the tight buildings, that's a toughie, it's just something you gotta master. There are a few buildings that I will have trouble with, specifically Ore Mines turned a certain way appear to be uncollected at times, as well as buildings that appear uncollected, but actually have a defence tower hiding in the midst-very annoying.

That's one of the great tactics I use, putting defense buildings where you can't see them. It works very well for me...

echadsmith
11-15-2012, 09:21 PM
First off...hi!

My first question is if anyone knows how the defense buildings work...are the defense points split between the buildings using them or is it the max for each?

Second....is it true adding more than 500 allies is worthless...and infact a bad idea as it sets u up against bigger players once u get to the higher levels.

Shinazueli
11-21-2012, 10:37 PM
First off...hi!

My first question is if anyone knows how the defense buildings work...are the defense points split between the buildings using them or is it the max for each?

Second....is it true adding more than 500 allies is worthless...and infact a bad idea as it sets u up against bigger players once u get to the higher levels.

First question: don't know, never cared because they don't give more than 1% of my def anyway.

Second question, yes. 500 is the practical limit for allies. And if all of your units are tree snipers, you're going to get your face eaten off. You need to have some semi decent units because the people who can see you up there most certainly do.

Shinazueli
11-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Now; on to my question. If you purchase an LE set, and get the bonus unit, can you then purchase another LE set and get another bonus unit?

Edit: furthermore, is it even possible to purchase multiple LE units? Or is the "limited" just referring to limited duration...?

Shinazueli
11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
The "too weak to battle" message pops up at random times for me, like when I hit "Raid" on rival from the rival list.

That message is either a) that player has been attacked successfully too many times recently (in the last few hours, by any number of players) [the maximum you can be hit goes up as you level from about 5 times in the beginning up to a final maximum of 20 times for 300k a pop totalling 6 million every couple hours]. Or b) this is also the servers way of saying "I didn't receive all of the required information in order to perform my battle calculations, error, error, error..."

Therefore, when I see this message, I try to attack at least three more times just to make sure it's not some random fluke communications error. If it still doesn't work, your kinda SOL if they aren't on your news feed. Only chance will give them back to you. I've found it very annoying in KA when I unload a 20 stomp on a cash cow and I want to come back later and I cannot find them again on my list.

Funnily enough, my LLP just got handed his first loss as I was typing this. Some guy I hit a couple weeks ago apparently got butt hurt and jumped 15 levels and 94 allies (and still only 10% above me) and took 200k (30 mins income! ono!)from me. Lol. He's going to regret that when I buy these LE sets. :)

bobsmith
11-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Don't play, the best tip anyone can receive.

Thevinegru
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Is there a way to engage in battle without leveling up?

Shinazueli
11-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Is there a way to engage in battle without leveling up?

No.

If you don't want to level then all you can do is collect your buildings.

If, like me, you get bored, go download the other two(now three) Gree games. Camping on four accounts. That'll keep you busy.

Or, if you have another device, you can level one account up to high level and learn why we advise putting tent pegs down. That way it doesn't screw up your main account.

Jonmutley
12-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Very useful johnnyR, gives a good insight for those who are new or for me, checking I've not missed anything. Bang on. Did any of you guys not get any prizes on the first 3 rounds of shwartz? I didn't, just the box saying you've won with an empty space each time. I've mailed funzio but just wondered if anyone else has had that experience. I'm new to the forum and have been playing for six months flat out! I'm loving the forum and i can see its got alot for me to read. looking forward to interacting with fellow modern war addicts!

soodom
12-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Today in the morning while checking the new features my mw crashed. From that time one i can not restart it. When i hit the mw icon on my ipad it just loads for 3 seconds and returns me back to the original ipad screen. I tried to restart my ipad but i have the same issue goin on. Need any help possible, i also contacted gree but as usual they will respond next week prolly.
I am sorry to post here but would like any possible help

Ty in advance

Shinazueli
12-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I answered your question in the other thread.

soodom
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I answered your question in the other thread.

I wish to thank for your help. Reinstalling the game is fixing the problem

Capt Dan DevGru
12-14-2012, 05:28 PM
This is great advice for beginners!

Hittingmonkey
12-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Fivestars,

there is of course some "line" when you should only win battles. Different players are using different strategies and are willing to take different risks. Some attack only players with half or even lower defense strength - and generally never looses. Other, especially those hunting battle points, are going for players a bit lower than they, similar or even a bit stronger - as then you can have good battle points results. This random multiplier lets you have different ways of playing. But of course - as I mentioned earlier - there is some point when all multipliers cannot affect and change the big gap between initial attack/defense powers.

I am low level at still 37 and playing since end of June. Enjoy the pleasure of not vaulting cash here :)

I personally have noticed that I will lose 50% of all battles with some in the upper 50's on defense and attack. My stats are in the high 70's in both A/D. No matter how many more units I have or what country I always lose at least 50% of all battles. Sent ticket and they replied its to make game fair. Wish there was a way to stop it. I work hard on raising my stats only to lose against lower stats that re not even close.

andyscriv
01-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Stupid question probably, but how do you start a faction battle?????

Silverhawktm
01-05-2013, 08:18 AM
See lots of posts for ppl to join factions.
Members looking for LVL "x" or higher....
Doesn't matter what LVL you are if you suck.
I've played this game hard.
Bought only a few units at the beginning to get me started.
Every other unit I've earned.....
My ATT: +33.6k
DEF: +33.1k
IPH: $655,405
Looking for large faction with similar great players.

Bala82
01-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Best way to get good stats at the start is patience and Daily scratchers. Hardest thing not level up but you can't prevent people from attacking your base.

DEATHELLER
01-06-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the thread, i just started, and tho im use to these kind of games it still helped a bit :p

CosmicSquirrel
01-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the tips!

MCADAM
01-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Gree stealing money from people.

All those paying for gold and having their wd points lost are losing out, whilst gree still keep the money.

Why pay for results to have them taken from you!

Gree you are thiefs!!!!

Baraka
01-20-2013, 01:32 AM

All those paying for gold and having their wd points lost are losing out, whilst gree still keep the money.

Gree you are thiefs!!!!

Enjoy your Ban !!!!!

MCADAM
01-20-2013, 01:35 AM
YEAH BAN ME... BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT BAD PRESS!

BUT I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS!!!

Gree you have stolen from us!

kccurtis
01-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Henchmen. I see at the end of my allies list it says allies then henchmen. Do I need to be alarmed. How do I know which one is one. Can they do any harm. How do you become one. Plese help I don't see any info that mentions them.

Clownius
01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
I think thats allies you get from clearing maps and crates. As in not the human sort

sgt spanks
01-23-2013, 03:52 PM
This is helpful!

Dcarrington
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Silverhawktm;542424]See lots of posts for ppl to join factions.

we are doing some re-grouping and
cutting some dead weight (ghost players) making room for few players that weren't
real happy with current fraction, if your interested give me a shout...
my is ID 509 811 592 and my fraction code is 235 536 108 - it's a good group! That has a lot of active players!

Dcarrington
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM
we are doing some re-grouping and
cutting some dead weight (ghost players) making room for few players that weren't
real happy with current fraction, if your interested give me a shout...
my is ID 509 811 592 and my fraction code is 235 536 108 - it's a good group! That has a lot of active players!

[QUOTE=Silverhawktm;542424]See lots of posts for ppl to join factions.

Fella575
01-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Thank you for the clear and concise info all in one easy to read location. Passed info in to faction members.

Cheers

Jamie

498 703 440

DMJ
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
I hope some one can answer this. It probably has been asked a hundred time. I am at level 98, I have 737 Alliance Members, 4480 Units Att at 23k and def at 25k. I hope this is a simple question, but what is the fastest way to get to 30K for att and Def. Should I buy expensive units or alot of cheap units?

Dudebot121256
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
I hope some one can answer this. It probably has been asked a hundred time. I am at level 98, I have 737 Alliance Members, 4480 Units Att at 23k and def at 25k. I hope this is a simple question, but what is the fastest way to get to 30K for att and Def. Should I buy expensive units or alot of cheap units?In my opinion, it depends on how many allies you have. If you buy 1,000 cheap unit but you only have 3 allies, you only get to use 12 of those units. If you have tons of allies and only a fraction of the units those allies could support, cheap units could work. If you only have a few free unit spots, expensive units would be ideal. Remember, this is my opinion and not fact.

DMJ
01-27-2013, 07:38 PM
In my opinion, it depends on how many allies you have. If you buy 1,000 cheap unit but you only have 3 allies, you only get to use 12 of those units. If you have tons of allies and only a fraction of the units those allies could support, cheap units could work. If you only have a few free unit spots, expensive units would be ideal. Remember, this is my opinion and not fact.

Thank you, I have over 700 allies, with almost 4500 units. Attack and Defense both at 23,000. I would like to get to over 30,000 attack and defense the best way. Thanks again.

StevieBoy
01-29-2013, 07:50 AM
I have a question, at every level up you go up there are several 'operations' you can do to get some big Valour points, and at level 100 they increased huge then just stayed there even in between leveling up, (ie 'defeat 20 rivals with more than 499 allies')...but then it slowly added a higher and higher number of rivals you had to defeat to get the points...I'm up to having to defeat 49 rivals to do one 'operation'...Question is does it ever go down again or change, or do the operations requirements just stay at 'defeat Xx number of rivals at 499 or more allies' and increase the number continually?? Will it Change??

StevieBoy
01-29-2013, 07:54 AM
I would concentrate ONLY on getting the best Valour units (ie I have over 500 of the Elite Water crusiers with 65 defend)...plus I only use cash for the Stealth bombers at 50 attack...that's it, the only two I get). Then level up the water and air boost buildings to level ten...you will be over 50,000 in no time...ie do ALL the 'operation' tasks.

StevieBoy
01-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Two units -> Elite Water cruiser with 65 def...(or sp ops heli if at cpt rank)...and stealth bomber at 50 attack...you already have too many units...no matter what level you are, you can only bring 2,000 units into battle anyway...so getting more is useless!!

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 09:39 PM

thanks,
just trying to reach 10

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 09:49 PM

Gree you are thiefs!!!!

HAPPEN TO ME ALSO. i'M OUT $400.

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 09:50 PM

larrydavid
01-31-2013, 07:18 AM
is there still a 2000 unit limit? or is it (allies)*5*(ranking)?

Dudebot121256
01-31-2013, 07:41 AM
is there still a 2000 unit limit? or is it (allies)*5*(ranking)?If Modern War is like Crime City, you can have as many allies as you want. It's just, after 500 allies, any more allies added don't have any benefits and are simply useless.

kccurtis
01-31-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks again

DMJ
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Does anybody know how to post screen shots into this forum? I am using an iPad 2.

Dudebot121256
02-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Does anybody know how to post screen shots into this forum? I am using an iPad 2.When making a reply or thread, click the tree icon. http://i49.tinypic.com/2lwovf7.png
Then choose the method to upload from your device or from a link. If you want to use the link, use a site like tinypic.com (http://tinypic.com/) to convert the picture into [IMG] code.

DMJ
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
When making a reply or thread, click the tree icon. http://i49.tinypic.com/2lwovf7.png
Then choose the method to upload from your device or from a link. If you want to use the link, use a site like tinypic.com (http://tinypic.com/) to convert the picture into [IMG] code.

Thank you for the info.

twinland
02-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Can anyone answer if you had a game and had not played it for about 4 months but have your code why would your code not work in a transfer?

Dudebot121256
02-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Can anyone answer if you had a game and had not played it for about 4 months but have your code why would your code not work in a transfer?You shouldn't have to use your code or Funzio ID because stats are saved on servers so 4 months later, your profile should be untouched. However, if you can't get a transfer to work, email support with both your new and old account names and invite codes and they will be able to transfer for you.

twinland
02-10-2013, 08:49 AM
You shouldn't have to use your code or Funzio ID because stats are saved on servers so 4 months later, your profile should be untouched. However, if you can't get a transfer to work, email support with both your new and old account names and invite codes and they will be able to transfer for you.

Should have said old code is not working, even if I use code to invite says no code found, and I do have support working on this, was just curious if anyone else had a code stopped or inacativated and no I did not get band or any other actions against me?

Col Matt
02-12-2013, 11:32 AM
486375845 this is my faction code.

Major Ed Rush
02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Question

How long should i wait to send in a new ticket? My original ticket is they18 days old now, i have been patient waiting. But starting to lose hope of being answered. My account that was lost on a stolen tablet was a faction leader so was keen to get a response before the next WD event.

Sorry if posted in wrong place but the 10 post limit has me still

Smokey Jalapeños
02-13-2013, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't think following up after 18 days is unreasonable.

Sudsy
02-15-2013, 07:05 AM
I have saved TapJoy Gold and it has taken me months and months to save enough for a Composites Factory. Finally purchased today, but I see no change in my defense stats. Am I supposed to or have I wasted months collecting gold for a worthless boost?

jon_funzio
02-15-2013, 07:43 AM
It should have given you a 2% boost, get that bad boy upgrading - it's one of the most under-rated buildings in the game.

Sudsy
02-15-2013, 09:12 AM
I know it SHOULD have boosted my stats, but it didn't. I am level 34 and had 15531 BEFORE purchase and 15531 AFTER - even after a game restart.

Jong
02-16-2013, 10:51 PM
I think it should have a mechanism to stop after some amount of attacked / raid from those bad folks whole taking advantage.
Reason as I have been RAIDed by a guy who failed to attacked me due to my defense point (my attacked point low), and raided is a way for him, and he keep RAID my Infrastructure building (non money type)everyday / every hours causing my lost lot of units. When I counter raided back only get is Point not getting any units back (No sure how and what he could raided and getting my units out).

brangus1111
02-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Guys, Help me out here. I'm new to the forums and semi-new to the game. I have a couple of legitimate Q's but the site wont let me post a new thread. Why is this? I cant reply but not post new,....obviously.

This is a copy of the message i get when I try. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance!

brangus1111, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

brangus1111
02-21-2013, 04:12 PM
*can reply

LagBolt
02-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Guys, Help me out here. I'm new to the forums and semi-new to the game. I have a couple of legitimate Q's but the site wont let me post a new thread. Why is this? I cant reply but not post new,....obviously.

This is a copy of the message i get when I try. Please help!!!! Thanks in advance!

brangus1111, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

You need 10 posts to start a thread I think

Hammer mike
02-22-2013, 11:10 AM
That's it exactly. You have to have 10 posts to start a new thread. Just got there myself.

marcus1000
02-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the tips!

drumpiedumpie
02-26-2013, 08:45 AM
You need 10 posts to start a thread I think

It would be useful if the faqs would say so. Just wasted a lot time b4 i found this thread. Clear and logical communications are rare these days so it seems.

Zach3432
03-02-2013, 11:52 PM
I've searched and scoured the forums and this seems like a noob question and something useful. Anyone have a spread sheet on build times for buildings? Seems useful for planning ahead in the game and would just be nice to see what is to come at the higher levels

jdee702
03-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi
Question about buying money. Does it change based on your level or previous purchases?
My phone game (lv 100) gets me $90 million for $100 of real money. My i-Pad game (lv 40) only gets me $31 million for $100 of real money. That is a pretty big difference between the two....?
thanks!

killahoss
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM
These "lead soldiers" are solid units..only the strong factions carry them.?..where can I unlock these units??...anyone?..please help:cool:

LagBolt
03-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi
Question about buying money. Does it change based on your level or previous purchases?
My phone game (lv 100) gets me $90 million for $100 of real money. My i-Pad game (lv 40) only gets me $31 million for $100 of real money. That is a pretty big difference between the two....?
thanks!

The amount of money you get from buying with real money depends on you income per hour (in game)

I know for 1 vault of cash, it is 120 times your income per hour.
So if your income per hour is $100000, you will get 12 million in game money from one vault of cash.

CAMMO
03-25-2013, 05:44 AM
US Semper Fi needs you---4 spots available

US Semper Fi- WE RUN TO DANGER---4 SPOTS AVAILABLE
We are looking for 4 active daily players
We finished 1006 with only 17 active fighters--We have cleared out all the freeloaders and recruited and currently have 30 soldiers.
We are aiming for top 500 minimum next war.
Don't let the name fool you, we have members worldwide. I am the leader from Australia
BONUSES--Health Regen +18%--Infantry Defence +15%--Ground Defence +15%--Air Defence +10%--Building Defence +20%--Guild member Increase +12--We are about to start buying attack and cash bonuses
REQUIREMENTS--We want loyal soldiers that aren't going to jump ship every time they get a better offer from another faction--You must be an active daily player--Donate daily--Fight hard during war --Communicate and read the faction forum --A/D score above 20k --Over 500 allies but if not we have lists with over 1200 allies ID'S and can help you get there.
We have members that use gold and others that don't, that is entirely on you and how serious you want to get as long as you fight hard
Help us climb our way to the top
Everyone in our faction gets to have a say on all faction affairs, There is no I in team
As leader i am a leader not a dictator
FACTION INVITE CODE 271612663
Get the most from your gaming expierience and make a few mates on the way
JOIN US

Brutusbuckeye
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Through a bit of unfortunate timing. I somehow got a double click when I tried to check on a building upgrade and spent about half my gold on a quick finish. I sent a support request about it, but what do you think my realistic chances are. For getting my gold back?

My current experience with GREE tells me I'm probably hosed. Does anyone know of anything I can do to better my chances? I don't care if I have to start my building upgrade over again. I just want my gold back. In my opinion it wasn't even a good deal. This is not the first time that this has happened, it's just the biggest hit I've taken. I don't understand why they don't give you an "Are you sure?" escape.

Dudebot121256
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
Through a bit of unfortunate timing. I somehow got a double click when I tried to check on a building upgrade and spent about half my gold on a quick finish. I sent a support request about it, but what do you think my realistic chances are. For getting my gold back?

My current experience with GREE tells me I'm probably hosed. Does anyone know of anything I can do to better my chances? I don't care if I have to start my building upgrade over again. I just want my gold back. In my opinion it wasn't even a good deal. This is not the first time that this has happened, it's just the biggest hit I've taken. I don't understand why they don't give you an "Are you sure?" escape.If you asked nicely, they'll refund you. I had to get a refund 3 times for mis-clicking so many times :p

Muse_boa
03-27-2013, 05:44 PM
This information was useful for me, as a week old player, but i still have a silly question. Sometimes with opening MW the announcement says that loyal players will be rewarded with 20 or something gold. But i never get any. Am i pushing the wrong button?

Ghost Recon
03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
This information was useful for me, as a week old player, but i still have a silly question. Sometimes with opening MW the announcement says that loyal players will be rewarded with 20 or something gold. But i never get any. Am i pushing the wrong button?You're referring to the 50 and 100 gold bars they handed out. Those were handed out a while ago, just the splash screens haven't been taken down.

Muse_boa
04-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I've searched and scoured the forums and this seems like a noob question and something useful. Anyone have a spread sheet on build times for buildings? Seems useful for planning ahead in the game and would just be nice to see what is to come at the higher levels

I am also looking for this, some sort of spreadsheet where you can how much upgrades cost so you can save up, but haven found it so far

Roberth
04-01-2013, 11:38 PM
519 128 113 add me

Punk604
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi guys, how do I get the right permissions to start a forum thread? When I try it says I do not have sufficient privileges.

Muse_boa
04-02-2013, 05:40 PM
What happens when you are fighting a faction where one or more of the members are allies?

heal
04-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi guys, how do I get the right permissions to start a forum thread? When I try it says I do not have sufficient privileges.
This is the most commonly asked questions, for your answer see the top of page 14 of this thread.

heal
04-03-2013, 03:01 AM
What happens when you are fighting a faction where one or more of the members are allies?
Then you should know in advance if you can beat them.

Fuc
04-04-2013, 06:05 AM
403 528 651

Thanks

saurabhdvi88
04-10-2013, 08:45 AM
hi i am android user i have one query regarding buying gold......is there any alternate way to buy gold apart from google wallet as i have debit card and in India google wallet only accept credit card.......please help

Knockworstface
04-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I was trying to transfer my game from my iPad to my iPhone and I lost all of my progress. I was at level 33 with quite a few allies. I've sent in a support ticket to Gree Support. Will I be able to get my level 33 game back? I'm really addicted to playing Modern War and I'm currently going thru a lot of anxiety over my carelessness in losing my level 33 game and stats. Can anyone shed some light in this and help me out?

njemt242
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM
I was trying to transfer my game from my iPad to my iPhone and I lost all of my progress. I was at level 33 with quite a few allies. I've sent in a support ticket to Gree Support. Will I be able to get my level 33 game back? I'm really addicted to playing Modern War and I'm currently going thru a lot of anxiety over my carelessness in losing my level 33 game and stats. Can anyone shed some light in this and help me out?

I just recently went through the same issue. When you send in your ticket put as much information as possible. Including alliance ID, level, stats, and what your avatar looks like. I sent in for MW and they had it back to me in two days. My Crime City one took about three days.

Knockworstface
04-14-2013, 06:20 PM
I just recently went through the same issue. When you send in your ticket put as much information as possible. Including alliance ID, level, stats, and what your avatar looks like. I sent in for MW and they had it back to me in two days. My Crime City one took about three days.

Thanks for replying. I can't wait to get my level 33 stats and game back. I've been freaking out not being able to have access to my game. Like a forced detox or something. Lol.

DUKEsog1
04-19-2013, 07:57 AM
The only wrong info I found was the adding of allies to bring *5* units to battle. Not so. Not too far off, its only *4* units. You come into battle with yourself (4 units), then any allies you have, multiply that by 4, as long as YOU have the units to support it. eg. 16 allies x 4 units per ally = 64 of YOUR strongest units that go to battle. Hope this helps a bit.

DUKE ID#: 613-930-034

The Mole
04-19-2013, 04:06 PM
i play game for long time almost 4 years

ConnorD123
04-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Curious as to how many of one specific unit can be used.. It's unlimited right?

SoccerStud
04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes connor, well up until max.

Zuuler
04-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Regards,
recently I play MW and would like to understand how works the events.
What is each stage, someone could explain it in detail?
Last month consisted of 4 phases but this in 5 ... appreciate a detailed explanation or a link where you report.

Thanks for everything

ConnorD123
04-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks Soccer! Also.. If I buy a gold building (had the Composites Factory in mind) do the upgrades cost gold or money?

Wraithtx
04-30-2013, 02:20 PM
any updates to this out there?

Zuuler
05-01-2013, 04:53 AM
this is the best forum of MW, there is nobody who can resvoler my doubt?

heal
05-01-2013, 05:31 AM
Thanks Soccer! Also.. If I buy a gold building (had the Composites Factory in mind) do the upgrades cost gold or money?Costs money for upgrades.

zayden
05-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Nice helpful guide

JohnG@ST6
05-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Thnx! A lot of useful tips.

heal
05-05-2013, 05:24 AM
I know that when I sell a building, I get half the amount I paid for it. What about buildings I have upgraded, what sort of return do I get on those?

Time 4 MW
05-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi Silverhawk,

We have billions worth of bonuses in place.

Health regen -14%
Infantry Defense +20%
Ground Defense +10%
Air Defense +5%
Sea Defense +5%
Building Defense +20%
Guild Member Increase +8
Building Output +5%
(more cash from your buildings)

JOIN US AT 152 809 851

We are looking for fun daily players who can contribute concrete, cash and comments (to our forum). We don't enforce minimal donations, not yet but you need to demonstrate good faith.

Some of us are light gold users. Some of us are free players who are active a few times a day. More important, most of us enjoy our faction and the esprit de corp of togetherness in MW.

As part of the fun, we would like to try for a Top 1000 position. Our defense leader is 105k and we have increase our guild to take in 3 more members.

We accept all time zones (fun fighting around the clock) and gender (we have a lady officer and we take good care of her - maybe, we can get another one to keep her company )

If the above sounds like something you would like to be a part of, contact us.

If you have stats of at least 30k (attack / defense) and is able to contribute while enjoying the bonuses and rewards, we would like to add you.

Join Us at 152 809 851

We look forward to hearing from you.

------------------------------------------

See lots of posts for ppl to join factions.

Test123
05-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Higher level money buildings

I usually save to buy the LE buildings as they are released, is it still worth building the higher level money buildings? - nuclear power plant, space centre, etc

Flying O
05-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Nice Job! Thanks for the tips.

Has anyone found a walk-through on the Goals requiring you to build base decorations and defenses? I can't find one but am wondering if all this stuff is a waste of time or worth it in the end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Slick50
05-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Don't waste your time Flying 0. The current trend in the game is to be very strong with low player level. If you are level 75 with 200k A/D, then you will be very successful in a top faction. Doing the base goals gives you unnecessary XP that will make you level up faster, without strong rewards.

Flying O
05-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks Slick!

Bosc
05-08-2013, 08:42 AM
What does LTQ stand for? We need a new list with all the new ones or have a list of all of them.

sraghav42
05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
What does LTQ stand for? We need a new list with all the new ones or have a list of all of them.
LTQ stands for Limited Time Quests , the most recent was the Operation Wolf

Bosc
05-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks!! And great topic!!

pedrombv
05-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Excellent topic. Thanks :D

pedrombv
05-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Great post. Thanks, it help me:)

clinty76
05-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks for this, I learned a lot

The orange
05-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Can someone explain to me how WD points are calculated.

I understand the wall part, and defense leader and all that. But what I dont understand is sometimes with the wall up I can attack and get 175 points, other times I attack and get 70 points. I have one faction member that is a higher level and had basically the same number of wins as many of the other members and had several thousand less WD points. why is this?

do you get more points for attacking and beating higher level players?

The orange
05-24-2013, 11:36 AM
does any one know the answer to my question above?

ConnorD123
05-24-2013, 06:03 PM
What is the current maximum vaulted amount?

nkeywithdnb
05-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Level x 5 = How may Alliance members you should have

nkeywithdnb
05-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Level x 5 = Allies you should have. Multiply that by 4 and thats how many units you should have.

Danny boyy
05-27-2013, 03:12 AM
Hey ive just recently joined and ive lost my device and now i really want my old account back i have all the information required i just cant find out how to make a support ticket and for some reason i cant make a post because it says im not eligible
even though i have gotten a email saying thanks for registering

brass balls
05-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Why is the LTQ not engaging when it says progress.?

keeskiller
05-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Why is the LTQ not engaging when it says progress.?

have the same problem. i think i saw somewere that gree is working on adapting this event..

the last time they gave away to many bonus units i guess (not sure)

but i asked the same question in another post..

Flying O
05-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Just got this reply from a support ticket:

Thank you for the report. Our in-game event calendar was incorrect. The limited time event has just started now. I apologize for any confusion this caused you.

Regards,

Viet

Doink
06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Great tips!

Riptide
06-02-2013, 02:24 PM
for a new player, attack and defense is most important income can come later.

Vandslaux
06-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Im new to this game. Are attack and defense worth upgrading, since units give far more of these stats? Should Stamina and energy be upgraded equally, or does stamina hold more merit for pvp reasons?

Lemmy66
06-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Bump for a great thread

Vandslaux
06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I made a new game, and Im camping with it. On today's free scratcher, i won a million dollars. Should I first get a bunch of transports (8 or so), expand, and make the lv 1 unit buildings? Or what should I do with it? I'm lv 2
Lv 3 supply depots
Lv 2/3 Armories
Lv 1 Command Center
Lv 1 Oil Derricks
Lv 1 Food Silos

I bought 8 transports (no allies, but in case some get destroyed by attacks), a vault upgrade, and an expansion to the sea so I can make a shipyard, so I have $881,816 left.

gingerbear
06-04-2013, 02:08 PM
I made a new game, and Im camping with it. On today's free scratcher, i won a million dollars. Should I first get a bunch of transports (8 or so), expand, and make the lv 1 unit buildings? Or what should I do with it? I'm lv 2
Lv 3 supply depots
Lv 2/3 Armories
Lv 1 Command Center
Lv 1 Oil Derricks
Lv 1 Food Silos

I bought 8 transports (no allies, but in case some get destroyed by attacks), a vault upgrade, and an expansion to the sea so I can make a shipyard, so I have $881,816 left.

Honestly, it really is too late. The game is dying. Support doesn't exist. The mods don't even bother.

Jman
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
for a new player, attack and defense is most important income can come later.

Completely disagree. You can't buy anything if you have no income so you will not be able to get the units from limited buildings, buy any of the good cash units (to get the high attack and defense), or upgrade unit buildings for completing goals. The weakest players I see are those with low incomes. Basically your argument is completely invalid. :cool:

Cobra Commander X
06-13-2013, 07:05 PM
How can I reduce time it takes to recharge my e for pve missions?

lobie1kenobie
06-17-2013, 05:25 AM
Modern War player for about 4 months and new to Modern War forum. Trying to post a new thread under Faction Recruitment, but am unable. When will I be able to post new threads?

ABcostumer
06-20-2013, 05:31 PM

surajit
06-28-2013, 03:26 AM
i just have a quick question , does upgrading windmill gives u any bonus ?

sraghav42
06-28-2013, 05:25 AM
i just have a quick question , does upgrading windmill gives u any bonus ?
Nope no bonus , just an increase in money payout

heal
07-08-2013, 06:03 AM
Whats the minimum level for the boss events. Level 5 ???

Mr Sunshine
07-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Whats the minimum level for the boss events. Level 5 ???

I assume you mean, What is the minimum, (lowest), level at which a player can be to still participate in the boss event? I would like to know as well.

JohnnyR
07-08-2013, 10:33 PM
How can I reduce time it takes to recharge my e for pve missions?

Either:
a) Switch nations to Iran. Iran gives a 10% faster energy regeneration time. This is the easiest option. It'll cost 50 gold to switch.

b) Keep your eyes on the events. Sometimes a unit with an energy regeneration boost is a prize for completing a certain requirement. These are rarer and harder to get.

shaggy4344
07-09-2013, 12:56 AM
how many times do I need to.reply to be able to post

heal
07-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I assume you mean, What is the minimum, (lowest), level at which a player can be to still participate in the boss event? I would like to know as well.Me three. I heard it was level 5 but not too sure. I'm not really wanting to level up until my munitions and command centre are at L10.

Moscows Premier
07-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Is there any way the first page could get updated? Number of posts before new thread is able to be created, new vault size... Little things like that? Maybe even a date as to when the info was last updated?!

JohnnyR
07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Is there any way the first page could get updated? Number of posts before new thread is able to be created, new vault size... Little things like that? Maybe even a date as to when the info was last updated?!

Hey Moscow, I'm working on this at the moment. I'm collecting a bit of info, and will add shortly. Thanks for your interest.

JohnnyR
07-13-2013, 10:22 PM
The only wrong info I found was the adding of allies to bring *5* units to battle. Not so. Not too far off, its only *4* units. You come into battle with yourself (4 units), then any allies you have, multiply that by 4, as long as YOU have the units to support it. eg. 16 allies x 4 units per ally = 64 of YOUR strongest units that go to battle. Hope this helps a bit.

DUKE ID#: 613-930-034

Thanks, but I did not state allies bring 5 units.

As stated:

Each level allows you 5 additional allies.
Each ally allows the use of 4 additional units.

An example:

If you are level 5, you can have 25 allies, which will bring 100 total units.
If you are level 5, you can have more than 25 allies, but the additional allies do nothing.

in defense of the good
07-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Has anyone been doing tapjoy's free gold thing lately? I have been trying but all my attempts say the free gold giving apps are no longer available. I guess we dont have much choice but to spend real cash or none at all.

Titiania
07-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the info, appreciate it !

Gunhawk
07-23-2013, 02:48 AM
His,

Just curious if there is a more enhanced version available, which also contains the LE Buildings.
Regards Gunhawk

The FNG Guide!

Updated 3/23/12

This is a tip sheet for anyone new or old to Modern War that covers many of the basics that are all over the threads here on the forum. If you've got a tip, fact, spreadsheet, or anything to share, please PM me (click my username) or post here in the thread. This first post will be updated constantly, so don't worry about having to scroll through all of the pages of this thread-everything starts......here:

-Gold can now be collected through tapjoy.com. Currently downloading and openning apps at tapjoy or real money purchases are the only way to get gold. Right now there is a potential of collecting about 420 gold in free apps and trial programs (Netflix and Discover card).

The numbers:
-Allies, for each level you get to add 5 USABLE allies to your alliance. You can add more than you can use, but they will not be adding any benefit except for being POTENTIALLY beneficial in that they can be used later as you level up. Think of it this way-each level UNLOCKS 5 allies, no matter how many you have added, you are limited to five times your level. Each usable ally allows you to bring 4 units to battle. There is a max 2000 usable unit limit, achieved at level 100, however there is no limit to the amount of units one can buy or win. Only the TOP usable units will be brought to battle, based on level number and ally number.

-Allies do NOT "bring" their units for you to use in attacks. They simply allow you to use more of YOUR own units.

-Attack and defense stats. The units you purchase and their attack/defense values are what determine your attack and defense statistics. If you are level 5 you are allowed 25 usable allies and you can have 100 units maximum to attack with. The TOP 100 attacking units are what you will take to battle. For your defense score, the game counts the top 100 defensive units. Say you have 100 fighter jets (attack/defense 3/1) and 100 patrol boats (attack/defense 2/2)-you will have an attack score of 300 and a defense score of 200.

-Skill points acquired through leveling up do NOT contribute to any observable stat. However, it is believed that they impart benefit and are the "X-factor" in determining battles won or lost, but cannot be measured (yet).

Definitions and Acronyms

A/D: (attack/defense) refers to the attack and defense score listed in your profile. NOT the skill point values unless noted.

PVP: refers to raiding or attacking of another player, (player versus player). Usually to gain experience, valor, money, or to accomplish a mission goal.

PVE: (Player versus Environment) Any action or progress made in a mission goal featured in any of the maps. Actions are map exclusive and not directed toward any player.

LLP: (Low Level Player) Usually refers to a player's secondary account on a different device. Many times a "camper" account dedicated to building economy while benefiting from lessons learned from the mistakes made on the primary account.

Camping: The act of deliberately slowing down the process of leveling up. Usually in order to build strong economy (income) and vault. Also used in order to avoid strong oppnents who raid and attack often. Camping is carried out by maintaining a low ally count, avoiding PVP, and avoiding actions that lead to gains in experience and generally focusing on economy building.

Farming: The act of repeatedly attacking a target in order to gain a specific unit, amount of cash, or other thing. Common units farmed are Desert Leader, Amphibious Trooper, and Mini-sub.

Raid: When a player attacks a rival's BUILDING for the BUILDING's cash. Cash from buildings cannot be protected by vault.

Q: Why does my rival at level 10 have a building even though it has a higher level requirement?
A: Funzio did not always place level requirements on buildings. Previously, players could build all or almost all buildings from level 1. It is believed that they put level requirements in order to prevent turtling or camping at low levels.

A: There are two ways a rival can take money from you, the "attack" and the "raid." These are two very different things, please do not interchange them. Attacking takes money directly from you, whatever cash on hand you have. This is the money the vault protects. Raiding on the other hand takes money from your money producing buildings. This money cannot be protected but by collecting your money in timely fashion.

A: Assuming you cannot just buy units to make yourself stronger, there are a few ways out of this.
1) Level up, or let him level up-if you've not attacked him and he seems to be picking on you, try to level up-or stop your leveling up progress. Once you are a few levels away from him, you won't show up on his rival's list.
2) Attempt to ally him, allies cannot attack another ally. Find HIS ally number, either on his wall, or perhaps other rivals walls he has posted on. It is unlikely that he'll add a person that he likes attacking, so you must take initiative.
3) Friendly banter. If you've ever attacked him, you are on his newsfeed, and basically given him a key to directly visit your base whenever he feels like. These messages on his board through your friendly banter will eventually push your attack further down the his newsfeed until disappearing. Do not spam.

-Number one reason is that boost buildings and perhaps nation bonus are not included in stats that you see when visiting his profile. Boost buildings add a potential 20% to attack, and nation bonuses add 10%. Conceivably the stats you see can be 30% less than what he actually has.
-Reason number 2, his skill points are higher than your attack points. Skill points influence the chances of battle outcomes, the higher your attack, the more chance you will win, the higher your opponent's defense, the higher chance he'll repel your attack.

A: It is possible that you attacked his base and that you are on his newsfeed. If you are on his newsfeed, you could be 100 or even more levels away and he can still find and attack you. This is one of the reasons to pick your battles wisely, don't be attacking anyone you'll regret coming back to get you.

-At this present moment boost bonuses to attack and defense scores are NOT included in viewing your opponent's a/d score in their profile. The boost bonus IS visible when viewing your own profile.

-DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN 1000 ALLIES. You will lose them all if you do this!!! This is all over the forums right now, but if the devs don't feel it necessary to change this, here is your warning!

Fast Facts:

Nation Bonuses:

UK: 10% toward Sea Power (unit's attack and defense point values on sea units is increased by 10%)

Russia: 10% toward Air Power (unit's attack and defense point values on air units is increased by 10%)

Germany: 10% toward Ground Power (unit's attack and defense point values on ground units is increased by 10%)
-Germany will not have highest stats in either attack or defense category, but the highest valor unit in ground has the best defense stats of all the valor units.

China: 10% toward Infantry Power (unit's attack and defense point values on Infantry units is increased by 10%)
-China also will not have any particularly powerful stats in Attack or Defense categories when buying Infantry units, however, the GIGN unit is the cheapest of the "high value" valor units.

Useful Links:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6Z UE&hl=en_US#gid=4

SWEP
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Can anyone give me the name of a in game messaging app that can be used for faction members to talk together during battles

Gunhawk
08-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Guys,

the only thing I want to know is the exact calculation of the money I would get when selling a building.By looking throughout the threads the following seem to be common sense - correct?

1) Gold Buildings: Selling Gold Buildings would give you nothing in return, the entire investment is lost

2) Normal Building: Selling non-upgraded (Level 1) non-Gold Buildings would give you half of the non-discounted price back. This means that users with Cement Factory Level 10 would even get 60% of
their investment back as they paid 10% less, but still get 50% the non-discounted price back

3) Upgraded normal Building: Selling an upgraded (Level 2..10) non-Gold Building would give you what?
a) The non-discounted base price of the level 1 building like 2, so selling a Level 10 building results
in the same return than selling a non-upgraded one)
b) 50% of the non-discounted cost of the last upgrade only, so you would even get back less in
cases where the upgrade price is less than the first time build price (if this could be possible)
c) 50% of the entire non-discounted investment made to date e.g. 50% of the base price for
building it first time and 50% of the accumulated costs spent throughout all the updates subsequ
ently made

Hope anyone can really confirm how this thing works out. I used to build the current LE buildings several times, selling them to be able to invest the money in upgrading previous LE buildings to higher levels

Regards Gunhawk

Gigi Kent
08-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks, but I did not state allies bring 5 units.

As stated:

Each level allows you 5 additional allies.
Each ally allows the use of 4 additional units.

An example:

If you are level 5, you can have 25 allies, which will bring 100 total units.
If you are level 5, you can have more than 25 allies, but the additional allies do nothing.

The units used should be of different types or can be of the same kind?

Shawnee
08-13-2013, 07:34 AM
The FNG Guide!

Updated 3/23/12

The numbers:

Definitions and Acronyms

Fast Facts:

Nation Bonuses:

Useful Links:

I lost my game progress and I dnt know how to get it bk...I transferred to diff device ok but cant get bk on bk my old device after getting new #...I contacted support it wasnt helpful and im dieng to get bk to my game where I left off

Smith000
08-14-2013, 01:18 AM
I was looking for this.

Blazen6199
08-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I am registered to the forums but when I click on new thread I get dont have permission to create a thread? DO I have to have a certain number of posts or something before I can create a thread?

Reason I want to create a thread, we just had 7 new members to my faction get dropped out by Gree somehow. None of them say they left the faction and nobody dropped them from the faction, but yet they all disappeared from the faction member lists and the number of members on information page dropped as well.

elipippin
08-15-2013, 07:47 AM
why can't i build one?

frettlessibanez
08-19-2013, 05:02 PM
This is a helpful thread. It helped me a lot when I was the noob, now I send my noobs to read it. I notice there has not been any updated information in quite some time, and thought I would recommend some new material. The new game update has moved the donation log to a new tab called rankings. When this window opens, it shows my faction members and has a spot for faction points. What in the world are faction points? How do we get them and what are they used for?
Thanks.

Commander Bryan
08-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Noob question:

I'm getting raided. I have 138k defense and the guy attacking me has 115k attack. He's taking a lot of my money, in excess of 3 to 4 million over the course of his raids. I think he made off with like 5 to 6 million today while I was doing other things.

WTF?

How can he successfully raid (he loses his attacks though) me with 25k more defense? I've checked his boost buildings and none are higher than 3 to 5. He's not a strong player so he can't be in some amazing faction with awesome boosts, nor does he have much of any special boost units.

WTF?

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Noob question:

I'm getting raided. I have 138k defense and the guy attacking me has 115k attack. He's taking a lot of my money, in excess of 3 to 4 million over the course of his raids. I think he made off with like 5 to 6 million today while I was doing other things.

WTF?

Raiding 20, 30, even 40k over your attack number is very possible. I am 185k attack and routinely raid 220k defense

How can he successfully raid (he loses his attacks though)

Exactly. The wider the gap between his attack and your defense, the more he will lose. At 23k below you, he will probably lose 2-3 of 10 attacks. The solution is to keep your base tight and don't ever let 3 to 4 million hang out there for him to pluck. Synchronize your 12/24/48 hour buildings and set timers that won't go off in the middle of your busy time or sleep

Commander Bryan
08-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Raiding 20, 30, even 40k over your attack number is very possible. I am 185k attack and routinely raid 220k defense

Exactly. The wider the gap between his attack and your defense, the more he will lose. At 23k below you, he will probably lose 2-3 of 10 attacks. The solution is to keep your base tight and don't ever let 3 to 4 million hang out there for him to pluck. Synchronize your 12/24/48 hour buildings and set timers that won't go off in the middle of your busy time or sleep

Uh, that kinda sucks. I'm adding allies and hopefully if I can max out my allies increase me defense to around 150k and stop the raiding.

Or just not collect anything for a week or so and let the guy get bored.

Or try to just out promote him and go up to level 90 or something.

The thing that annoys me is his base completely sucks. It's a base I had like 40 levels ago. Some people need to concentrate on their own base. Hmf.

Leave Commander Bryan alone... ;)

& The Horse U Rode In On
08-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Uh, that kinda sucks. I'm adding allies and hopefully if I can max out my allies increase me defense to around 150k and stop the raiding.

Or just not collect anything for a week or so and let the guy get bored.

Or try to just out promote him and go up to level 90 or something.

The thing that annoys me is his base completely sucks. It's a base I had like 40 levels ago. Some people need to concentrate on their own base. Hmf.

Leave Commander Bryan alone... ;)

Or...just wait until you drop off his news feed. Hope he gets attacked a lot and pushes you out the bottom of his news. But with a slum base, that probably won't happen quickly. The only way he keeps finding you is that you got him back (or at least tried) and you are there until....

frettlessibanez
08-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Noob question:

WTF?

How can he successfully raid (he loses his attacks though) me with 25k more defense? I've checked his boost buildings and none are higher than 3 to 5. He's not a strong player so he can't be in some amazing faction with awesome boosts, nor does he have much of any special boost units.

WTF?

one reason could be your building defenses. they do not factor in with a/d stats. I have 175K attack and can raid on players with 200K defense regularly. Another reason could be his skill points are on attack, or you have none on defense. I've seen people say that skill points don't really affect anything, but they do. in fact, the latest update shows defensive sp's on the battle results window.
I suggest you be aware of when your better buildings pay out, so you can collect instead of him. Or you could just show up on my rivals list once in a while, I could use the extra cash!-):)

Faction
08-25-2013, 01:04 PM
This thread was really good

Faction
08-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Does anybody know how many posts it takes to be able to start a new thread?

Faction
08-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I am registered to the forums but when I click on new thread I get dont have permission to create a thread? DO I have to have a certain number of posts or something before I can create a thread?

Reason I want to create a thread, we just had 7 new members to my faction get dropped out by Gree somehow. None of them say they left the faction and nobody dropped them from the faction, but yet they all disappeared from the faction member lists and the number of members on information page dropped as well.

I was trying to do the same thing too, I think that it may be that you have to have a certain number of posts

Faction
08-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Does anybody have any idea how many posts you need to make to be able to start a new thread?

frettlessibanez
08-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Someone needs to update this FNG Guide. The game has changed a lot, and this thread should reflect these changes.

frettlessibanez
08-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Does anybody have any idea how many posts you need to make to be able to start a new thread?

They make you buy gold for that! hahaha

Kefa
08-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Someone needs to update this FNG Guide. The game has changed a lot, and this thread should reflect these changes.

Yes, please! From a fellow bass player, what are some of the key changes?

I've only been playing a few weeks, and I feel very lost as I try to build up my stats. Seems like about 80% of the players in my rivals list have stats at least twice as high as mine, and many are 4x or more, although after completing 20/21 of OP Cobra and getting past 11 of the Pran in the latest events, at least there's normally a few in the list that I can attack now.

Is the rivals list actually based on level and #Allies, or is it just always stacked against me based on stats to try and get me to buy gold?

Mac Mama
08-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Good info - thanks

Kefa
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
I've read allot of good information here on the forum in the last couple days, but I still have tons of questions. I know that asking basic questions is rather discouraged, so hopefully this thread is an appropriate place for this? If not, I'll edit this to just say "thank you".

I have to admit, it is hard to find basic info for someone just starting out, although this thread and the ones linked to within it are very helpful. I know I'm gonna say a huge "duhhh" when I learn the answers to these questions, but here goes anyhow...

1. What does LTQ stand for? From context I think it refers to sub events like Op Cobra Strike, no?

2. What is "LE Building Upgrade"? I've read that until you get your IPH (did find that one) up that in order to prevent driving yourself to a higher level bracket with stronger rivals too early it's best to limit your leveling up to XP earned by following the LE building upgrade events... but what does LE stand for, and which events qualify as LE building upgrade events?

3. Are the rivals in your rival list based on level alone or a combination of level and number of allies?

Thanks for putting this together, and for any further information. I like the game so I'm going to give it a solid effort, but hopefully the community here can help me get beyond n00b FNG status, lol.

Oceanz
08-27-2013, 04:54 PM
I've read allot of good information here on the forum in the last couple days, but I still have tons of questions. I know that asking basic questions is rather discouraged, so hopefully this thread is an appropriate place for this? If not, I'll edit this to just say "thank you".

I have to admit, it is hard to find basic info for someone just starting out, although this thread and the ones linked to within it are very helpful. I know I'm gonna say a huge "duhhh" when I learn the answers to these questions, but here goes anyhow...

1. What does LTQ stand for? From context I think it refers to sub events like Op Cobra Strike, no?

2. What is "LE Building Upgrade"? I've read that until you get your IPH (did find that one) up that in order to prevent driving yourself to a higher level bracket with stronger rivals too early it's best to limit your leveling up to XP earned by following the LE building upgrade events... but what does LE stand for, and which events qualify as LE building upgrade events?

3. Are the rivals in your rival list based on level alone or a combination of level and number of allies?

Thanks for putting this together, and for any further information. I like the game so I'm going to give it a solid effort, but hopefully the community here can help me get beyond n00b FNG status, lol.

1. LTQ = Limited Time Quest. Many of the goals are only active for a limited time, but LTQ specifically refers to things you mentioned like the Cobra Strike event, which generally have you completing a number of missions with the purpose of earning new units, with some cash, concrete and valor sprinkled in.

2. LE = Limited Edition. Each time you build a new limited edition building, you get an indestructible unit for it. You get another, stronger, indestructible unit for upgrading it to level 2, and so on. It becomes very expensive to upgrade LE buildings more than a few levels, but any upgrades allow you to get strong and useful units without leveling up. In other words, you can increase your Attack and Defense stats without ever attacking anyone or doing any missions that give you XP and cause you to level up faster.

3. Rivals on your list factor in both level and number of rivals. Early on, you will only see other players within a level or two of you. Later in the game, as you have leveled up a good bit, you will see rivals as many as 10 or more levels higher or lower than your level. But generally, all the rivals on your list will have approximately the same amount of allies. And once you get to level 100, if you have 500 allies, everyone on your list should also have 500 allies. If you have 499 allies, you might find some people with 495, for example.

Hope that helps.

Big C
08-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Couldn't find answer on a search, but do you get XP for winning when you're attacked?

Have a llp that I was using as a money farm for my faction, and keeping at level 9, didn't do missions, didn't attack anyone, and suddenly he's at lev 10.

Kefa
08-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Thank you, Oceanz! Geez, I knew I'd say duh! That does help.

Herr Kruger
08-28-2013, 10:15 AM
The FNG Guide!

Updated 3/23/12

The numbers:

Definitions and Acronyms

Fast Facts:

Nation Bonuses:

Useful Links:

Thanks for the tips. I'm a lvl 150 player and my iph is 375000.

I will camp.

Vault limit is actually $90m.

Oceanz
08-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Couldn't find answer on a search, but do you get XP for winning when you're attacked?

Have a llp that I was using as a money farm for my faction, and keeping at level 9, didn't do missions, didn't attack anyone, and suddenly he's at lev 10.

Yes, you do.

Col
08-29-2013, 03:50 AM
GREE have stopped supporting New Zealand ...

I can NOT even get this new update , I go to update my game from Apple app store , and get a message saying its no longer available , Then I ask Gree and they say they no longer support New Zealand !!

I've been playing this game since the start and am a BIG Gold user , and they do this to me !! I've spent THOUSANDS on this game !!

I have wars on this weekend to , with A heap of Gold in my account ready to use .. BUT now today when I go to log in , the Game will not even connect , and I get a window popping up saying Download newest version ... wtf !!!

Sort it out Gree before I get booted from my top TEAM !!

Anybody else have this issue ?

If they are doing this to New Zealand , it will only be a matter of time before they stop supporting other countries ...

Big C
09-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes, you do.

Thanks Oceanz

Russian Roulette
09-04-2013, 03:43 AM
I made my account two days ago and I can only comment on other posts, when I try to post my own thread it simply gives me an error message saying maybe I have insufficient privileges or I'm blocked? Help?

arealemmmcha
09-04-2013, 03:51 AM
just wat i was looking for! thnx man

& The Horse U Rode In On
09-04-2013, 05:20 AM
I made my account two days ago and I can only comment on other posts, when I try to post my own thread it simply gives me an error message saying maybe I have insufficient privileges or I'm blocked? Help?

You must have at least 10 posts in order to create your own thread. Even after you post 10 times it may take a little while before you can start your own

Russian Roulette
09-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Okay thanks! I guess that helps even though its a tad discouraging for new members. I almost stopped using the site already because of it

Pickle!
09-04-2013, 06:21 PM
This helped explain why I couldn't start a thread earlier.

Gbrown
09-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Is there a limit to the amount of stamina or energy you can have? I thought I read somewhere that there was a max but can find that now and allot of info on this forum is outdated now.

Special Op
09-04-2013, 09:12 PM
This helped explain why I couldn't start a thread earlier.

Thanks, couldn't figure out why I couldn't post

John 719166364
09-09-2013, 03:12 AM
Can you tell me what the Faction Points are on the Faction Screen by the Donation Log?

Big O
09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Can you tell me what the Faction Points are on the Faction Screen by the Donation Log?They will be used to track participation in the faction based LTQ's that are coming.

Gbrown
09-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Why hasn't my energy or stamina completely refilled yet?
There is a cap on how much your energy or stamina may refill. For energy, it is 1000. For stamina, it is 50.

Is this still accurate? If so it sounds like I can spend skill points on more but it will be a one time use, am I correct? I am about to level up again and don't want to waste skill points finding out.

Commander Bryan
09-10-2013, 07:01 PM
How much increase in defense does each upgrade with the composite factory give? Is it 2% per upgrade for a max of 20% defense bonus?

bushobama
09-10-2013, 11:17 PM
How much increase in defense does each upgrade with the composite factory give? Is it 2% per upgrade for a max of 20% defense bonus?

that is correct, yes.

Partini
09-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Gree has been unable to read and undertand my simple question:
Once a player has been attacked all 12 times and is "too weak" to be attacked further, exactly how much time must elapse before that playet can be attacked 12 more times?
or
How many individual attacks can a player receive in a 24 hour period?

this is essential to know if one is to budget for losses while massivly over vaulted and saving for that next upgrade...

thanks!

J Dunn
09-15-2013, 05:10 PM
I can't create my own posted thread. Says I don't have permission? How do u gain access to post? I simply want to create my own faction recruitment post. Seems simple enough. Please pm w answers ppl....thx

Asto
09-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Why can't I create a new post?? It says I don't have permission and yet I've done nothing wrong. All I want is to post in faction recruitment but I'm bring prevented from doing this. If anyone can help please pm me asap