PDA

View Full Version : More Funky Numbers

Swifty
03-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Remember my episode with the M4A1 numbers that did not seen right? I never figured that one out, because I was not 100% sure on a possible change in explosives, and I only looted a couple more after that and everything seemed normal.

So now I am looting double deckers (18,14). The only increment (17,13) because they are replacing junkers (1,1) or Hudson Hornets (1,1). Those numbers add up.

Then I looted an Armored Police Truck (4,19) which incremented (3,17), so what happened? Well, my next vehicle to be replaced was a Van (1,2), so those numbers add up.

The next double decker I got incremented (17,12) which means I replaced another Van (1,2), right?

Wrong. I only have one Van (1,2) in my inventory. And this time I am 100% that no explosives were involved.

Any ideas on this one?

dudeman
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
It could have replaced TWO vehicles, one with an attack score of 1 and the other with a defense score of 2.

Or it replaced a different vehicle with a score of 1/2. Unless that one van was your only 1/2 vehicle.

That's all I can think of right now unless I spend more than a couple minutes thinking about it.

Caleb
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
The numbers don't change with a game restart by any chance?

Dreno33
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
since i have 300 exact mafia mems, this means i can use 300 in each category (gun, melee, amor, explosive, and vehicle)? if so, i need to outfit my mafia more! never knew that until reading this thread lol.

Caleb
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I bet dudeman has got it. The last vehicle used for attack may not be the last vehicle used for defense.

Max Power
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
When I add DDs, I get 12 attack and 2 defense, so it's like its replacing Yamahas on the defense side and Mustangs on attack.

Math is hard. I am confused.

Fig Oni
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Remember my episode with the M4A1 numbers that did not seen right? I never figured that one out, because I was not 100% sure on a possible change in explosives, and I only looted a couple more after that and everything seemed normal.

So now I am looting double deckers (18,14). The only increment (17,13) because they are replacing junkers (1,1) or Hudson Hornets (1,1). Those numbers add up.

Then I looted an Armored Police Truck (4,19) which incremented (3,17), so what happened? Well, my next vehicle to be replaced was a Van (1,2), so those numbers add up.

The next double decker I got incremented (17,12) which means I replaced another Van (1,2), right?

Wrong. I only have one Van (1,2) in my inventory. And this time I am 100% that no explosives were involved.

Any ideas on this one?

Yes Swifty I do have an idea on that one, obvious though.

Fig says: You replaced a Junker

Swifty replies: but junkers only 1/1

Fig replies: I know

Swifty replies: Explain

Fig replies: All weapon you buy for in game cash, increase in defense in relation to your defense building. In turn your junker became a 1/2 so when replace with a double decker your stat increased by 17/13.

If you didn't know now you know.

Was in the process of confirming the defense building theory, but as you ask I let the cat out the bag a bit early.

Don't ask conzio if what I'm saying is correct as they will just ignore the question have a nice evening.

Swifty
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow. I am starting to think that a lot of what I thought I knew about this game is wrong.

Fig Oni
03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Wow. I am starting to think that a lot of what I thought I knew about this game is wrong.

Now you will understand why people with a lot of loot weapon in their inventory in relation to very few in game cash weapon have such a huge phantom defense.

Gold defense building improve only gold weapons defense & in game cash defense building improve only in game cash weapons and looted weapons have no increase from defense buildings.

erik
03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I think you might be looking at your stats too much and your eyes are getting blurry!

Swifty
03-12-2012, 06:19 PM
+1 erik

Plus the cumulative effects of the Absinthe.

DCjG
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Dudeman has it. Attack and defense are separate calculations. Easy test if you're low enough is to stock up on mace to boost your defense. First thing I ever bought in bulk.

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Fig got me all confused. What in the world does our weapons have anything to do with our building defense? Or is it a joke and I just took it too seriously?

Swifty
03-12-2012, 11:04 PM
If Fig Oni is right, then defense numbers are even stranger than I thought they were.

And that is really saying something.

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 11:08 PM
If Fig Oni is right, then defense numbers are even stranger than I thought they were.

And that is really saying something.
I'm so confused :( Fig just wondering how did you figure that out?

BTW, no disrespect from my first post, I just don't get the picture.