PDA

View Full Version : Glitch cheating

Vile Lynn
03-12-2012, 03:15 PM
I've seen a few players who have taken advantage of the old crate glitch. (you know who you are)
Their stats went from so-so to undefeatable. Others have even bragged about it on their walls, but since deleted the posts, but I have screne shots. Another player went so far to say it wasn't cheating because it was a glitch, but the honest player replied that deleting in re-installing over & over is cheating.

What to do... Report or not?

Has anyone heard if Funzio is doing anything about the crate loot received from that glitch?

JimmyShines
03-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Report all players you think might be cheating.

Swifty
03-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Report, let Funzio sort it out.

Dipstik
03-12-2012, 05:39 PM
You mean the time when crates were cheaper than they are now? How on earth is that cheating?

Lager
03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
If they are using a exploit report it.

Do us all a favor.

CounterSniper
03-12-2012, 05:45 PM
You mean the time when crates were cheaper than they are now? How on earth is that cheating?

Cuz a certain few backed up that version, did the lockbox event then reinstalled the version with cheap crates and helped themselves. At least thats what i heard.

Ghost818
03-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I've seen a few players who have taken advantage of the old crate glitch. (you know who you are)
Their stats went from so-so to undefeatable. Others have even bragged about it on their walls, but since deleted the posts, but I have screne shots. Another player went so far to say it wasn't cheating because it was a glitch, but the honest player replied that deleting in re-installing over & over is cheating.

What to do... Report or not?

Has anyone heard if Funzio is doing anything about the crate loot received from that glitch?
How many of each do these guys even have?

G Wiz
03-12-2012, 08:56 PM
it seems like an exploit but its all visual I believe. I purchased one after an update and it was way more than the old price. 140-something i think right?

Anyways...Ill just ziplock it from here on out for obvious reasons.

Penutt
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I was going to post something about this issue but found this thread so here goes my 19 cents.....Those who took advantage of the crate glitch should have shut their big mouths about it so now that they are having their super hero capes pulled they can not get mad at anyone but themselves. If you were smart enough to catch the glitch you should have been smart enough to keep your mouth shut as well as not go around CrimeCity like you have been a High Level player the whole time and bullying weaker players. Your stats grew 10,000 or more in one night and now you think you are invincible. Personally I hope Funzio deals with all of you because it gave you a much greater advantage over everyone else or let everyone have at least one day to purchase crates at the same initial price to even the playing field. The following below is some research I did and a scenario I came up with to prove my point:

Three players I tracced have the following stats: 186, 201, and 240 Vengeance Pistols respectively. That would mean if they bought the three crate purchases and every single purchase was 3 pistols each it would take them 62, 67, and 80 purchases each respectively to buy that many crates which would equal 8,990, 9,715, and 11,600 in gold. That would amount to 5.993, 6.476, 7.733 Vault of Gold purchases which at $99.99 each that would means these three players spent $599.27, $647.53, and $773.22 in real world money. However, keep in consideration that there is no way possible to get all Vengeance Pistols with every crate purchase so this scenario only goes to show that in reality they should have spent much more because the crates come up in random order with the 10% rare, 25% Uncommon,
and 65% Common items being in some sort of combination. These same players have not bought any crates since and have never spent this much money ever.

NotsoFunzio
03-14-2012, 03:14 PM
You care that much ......... Have a word with youself

I was going to post something about this issue but found this thread so here goes my 19 cents.....Those who took advantage of the crate glitch should have shut their big mouths about it so now that they are having their super hero capes pulled they can not get mad at anyone but themselves. If you were smart enough to catch the glitch you should have been smart enough to keep your mouth shut as well as not go around CrimeCity like you have been a High Level player the whole time and bullying weaker players. Your stats grew 10,000 or more in one night and now you think you are invincible. Personally I hope Funzio deals with all of you because it gave you a much greater advantage over everyone else or let everyone have at least one day to purchase crates at the same initial price to even the playing field. The following below is some research I did and a scenario I came up with to prove my point:

Three players I tracced have the following stats: 186, 201, and 240 Vengeance Pistols respectively. That would mean if they bought the three crate purchases and every single purchase was 3 pistols each it would take them 62, 67, and 80 purchases each respectively to buy that many crates which would equal 8,990, 9,715, and 11,600 in gold. That would amount to 5.993, 6.476, 7.733 Vault of Gold purchases which at $99.99 each that would means these three players spent $599.27, $647.53, and $773.22 in real world money. However, keep in consideration that there is no way possible to get all Vengeance Pistols with every crate purchase so this scenario only goes to show that in reality they should have spent much more because the crates come up in random order with the 10% rare, 25% Uncommon,
and 65% Common items being in some sort of combination. These same players have not bought any crates since and have never spent this much money ever.

Nicholost
03-14-2012, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too much. I heard from a little birdie that Funzio will be somewhat nerfing all crate items purchased at the discount to rebalance the game. I don't know what somewhat means or how they are going to do it. It's just what I heard.

Penutt
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM

I don't care about you and your rainbow comments. :rolleyes:

vitus79
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
well if u had spent that amount we did u would think else i guess.

but honestly, i think they just get away with it. it was another i tunes trouble i think. to let em download the version with cheap prices, funzio fixed it but too late and not right. i think with the new crates they finally got it fixed.
but all those newborn stars with 100 up to 450ish what ive seen so far vengance alone, 20-30 or more rare drops as well.., they still payed for them and thats what funzio cares about. their money. look at the m4, free players gets nerfed but the golden calfs will stay and cause their troubles and hopefully will turn others into huge purchases.
sure i do hope they fix it somehow but i think it wont be that easy to fix an selfmade issue they earned money for.

Penutt
03-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too much. I heard from a little birdie that Funzio will be somewhat nerfing all crate items purchased at the discount to rebalance the game. I don't know what somewhat means or how they are going to do it. It's just what I heard.

I just want all players to have the same opportunities while playing CrimeCity. I know there are those who will cheat at every chance given to get ahead but if you are going to cheat don't be dumb enough to brag about it or become a super hero and think no one will notice.

Fig Oni
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM

If that the case they will only nerf the people who glitched the game to get the lower price but if it was purchased before the mistake was resolved then it ok not to nerf them but I have a friend who spent grand on full price crates and own over 100+ of the common items.
So don't be too surprised when you still see people with hundred plus common items even after the nerfing as some people just like buying gold.

Vile Lynn
03-14-2012, 06:58 PM
That is the funny part... The bragging messages were deleted (love the screne shot!) and now they are all saying they are rich & have spent all this RM... It is BS. Like penutt said, they have not bought any crates since then... & they think we don't know. I would rather Funzio find these players as easy as it is b/c I'd rather not tell.

NotsoFunzio
03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't care about you and your rainbow comments. :rolleyes:

You are very homophobic...... Were you touched as a child......................?

sez
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM

It's not the caring about what they did to Funzio, if you have not been constantly harassed and goated into trying to get in a comment war with any of them then consider yourself lucky. They went from being normal players to Internet tuff guys with rabbit ears and quick triggers. My .2 cents. I choose to ignore them or try and make peace with a funny comment or whatever but to each his own.

qwikster
03-14-2012, 09:12 PM
do some players abuse the crate glitch? ... YES

are all players who dramatically improve their att/def stats by purchasing gazillions of gold bars cheaters? ... NO

so, how can we tell who is cheating and who is not? ... WE CAN'T, but FUNZIO can!

best solution: report suspicious activity and hope the information you submitted gets acted upon.

my $.02.

G Wiz
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
*un-suspecting forum reader appears*

"Oh a crate glitch?"
"hmm, I wanna go and see if its still works!"...Is what CJ would say I'm guessing.