PDA

View Full Version : 10th supply box "Better luck next time!"

ObamaSux
03-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Wow. Medium my a**. So far my loot claimed is zero. I guess this is the opposite "medium" as A10's and Bradley Fighting vehicle and valor units. With those it's 100% casualty rate on my raids.

Watash
03-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Yes, I have found he supply box routine to be somewhat vexing as well. I scored one box almost immediately when it started and opened it first try for a titanium bar but since then no success opening the four boxes I currently have. I have not bothered to keep count of the opening failures but I make the attempt every hour (except while sleeping). I am not going to spend real money to open the boxes because that is just silly in my view. As an aside, I have noticed quite an uptick in attacks on both my ipad and iphone games. I guess players are trying to score boxes. I am level 63(ipad game) with A/D of 10565/14314 with a vault of 5 million so very little success in attacking me. The very few times I have been successfully attacked have been by money players and they don't get any money from me. My iphone game is similar however I have had more success with the boxes, scoring three for three on the boxes with three titanium bars. Can't account for that difference. All my boxes have come from PVE. I have pretty much stopped attacking for all the reasons mentioned in other threads. Sincere thanks to the gold players for monetarily supporting this game, truly. Also, sorry for this rambling post.

Col.34w
03-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Careful not to double tap the box icon too rapidly. The second tap uses the free option to open! I don't mind spending 5k fake money for the medium chance.

CounterSniper
03-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Careful not to double tap the box icon too rapidly. The second tap uses the free option to open! I don't mind spending 5k fake money for the medium chance.

I did that accidentally twice now and both times the box opened.

I still use the medium option when its on purpose though. haha

Sugarymama
03-11-2012, 10:24 AM
I finally got two boxes in a battle. I think you will have better luck the more vulnerable the person is in general. In addition to the boxes I also got nearly $100k and a few units. But, I lost a GIGN and APC, so something valuable better be in these damn boxes...smh.

Tim @ MW
03-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Wow. Medium my a**. So far my loot claimed is zero. I guess this is the opposite "medium" as A10's and Bradley Fighting vehicle and valor units. With those it's 100% casualty rate on my raids.

After my 3rd bar, I have not been able to open box with rusty knife in 15-20 hours. And the loots before that are two allies.

War Priest
03-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Yup very lame event!! 3 of 15 attempts were successful but twice I only got valor and 1 Titanium bar. Looks like no hope of using titanium bars by end of the event. Success rate is brutal, event should be fun not frustrating. Congradulations you got nothing 10 times in a row! Lame! Oh and by the way you spent 6000$ on nothing every time you failed! Sweet!

You can't win nothing. When it says better luck next time it only means you have failed to open the box, but you sill get to keep it. It's not like you opened an empty supply box.

Bronco928
03-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I've had slightly better luck today in opening the boxes, scored 2 bars which broght me to 3, earning Tech Hoovervcraft. In the others, I picked up 500 valor, $250,000 and $1,250,000 in the last one.

Mcdoc
03-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Would love to open a box and get 10 million :)

If nothing else, it would put a lot of unvaulted cash out the and jump start the PvP economy :)

ObamaSux
03-11-2012, 08:50 PM
You can't win nothing. When it says better luck next time it only means you have failed to open the box, but you sill get to keep it. It's not like you opened an empty supply box.
Locked supply boxes don't mean jack. I have just under two dozen and have only opened two, and that's checking on the hour, every hour, for the past two days.

War Priest
03-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Locked supply boxes don't mean jack.

Don't know what that means but ok, good luck!

ADDME-280993399
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
seems like Modern Wars updates are only based on getting us to buy more gold :)

zynshmily
03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
seems like Modern Wars updates are only based on getting us to buy more gold :)
true. but i'd rather they keep working on adding more features to give us more incentive to spend money than completely ignore the development of the game.

thats admirable attitude. lets face it, the beginning stage of an online edu game is a $$ magnet, tons of big spenders invest heavily during that period. Over time, people start cooling off and cutting down their spending. missing the opportunity to staying on top, new comers tend to have less motive to waste money. anyhow, its not shocking news to me that a game dev team moves on to a new game after acquiring their first barrel of gold through the old abandoned game.

ObamaSux
03-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Don't know what that means but ok, good luck!
That means boxes are useless if you can't open them.

P4TR1C14N
03-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Chances of opening a box are also for me quite low... 1 out of 5 attempts

The most annoying thing that got me very angry is to see that after having failed to try to open a box, it suddenly gave me a 2 hourcool down period instead of 1 hour.

Is it not bad enough that you can't open them after an hour or what?

I love the initiative, but once more in this game... where's the balance? Fair chances? If i see here ppl complaining about chances to open a box with the Rusty Knife, then it doesn't seem to me their is a medium chance 35 - 65 % to open a box.

Let's keep trying for some more time and then also stop trying this option as PvP :)

ObamaSux
03-12-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm thinking the rate is closer to 10-20%. I've tried about 20 times an have 3 boxes open, that's 15%. It did work getting the PvP up, but that'l be very short-lived once people can't get their boxes open an lose interest.

At this point I have 26 boxes and have opened three. To get boxes, you have to do raids. During raids you lose expensive units: A10's, Sea Scouts, Snipers, Bradleys, etc. and gain only half of what you lost. When you go back to complete missions, you have to replace those units and spend up 100, 200, sometimes over 500,000 to replace those units.

All in the name of a box you can't open.

Great game, developers, but it's hard to justify coughing up money for a game where the best action is NO action. If you raid, you lose more units than money you gain. If you do missions, you spend hundreds of of thousands to qualify for the missions AND lose units in the process. Right now the only fun in the game is to expand your base, upgrade buildings, and collect money, but waiting 48+ hours for those things to happen sucks big time.

Bronco928
03-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I think it's cyclical; the first day and a half were horrible for me, opened 4 out of 16 attempts. Yesterday and today, I'm batting between 33%-45% on opening them. I'm seeing that it's harder to get the titanium bars after getting to 5, but I have opened 4 boxes that had $1,250,000 in monopoly money each. That $5 mill helped rebuild my decimated army, after all these raids and attacks.

JackoV
03-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I think it's cyclical; the first day and a half were horrible for me, opened 4 out of 16 attempts. Yesterday and today, I'm batting between 33%-45% on opening them. I'm seeing that it's harder to get the titanium bars after getting to 5, but I have opened 4 boxes that had $1,250,000 in monopoly money each. That $5 mill helped rebuild my decimated army, after all these raids and attacks.

cool.. didnt know we can get 1.25mil outa boxes.. thought 250k was max lol..

btw is there a list where can I see what will be inside the box?

Ginger
03-12-2012, 01:03 PM
OMG you guys live this app ; ) Sort of reminds me of my past addiction to WOW. My luck really sucks, and if I invested the time you people do on this game, it wouldn't change. I have a huge pile of rusty broken knives...what I currently have is one bar and two worthless units, and 4 supply boxes that just won't open. Afraid to spend gold on them just to get a big "sucker" gift. You all have fun. All my allies ROCK !! 165 140 276

ammen lee
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
I got 5 titanium bars within my first 20 boxes and first 10 rusty knife openings.

then got 2 300 valor
3 100k

cant figure this out.

Warmonger
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
They did the same event on cc the first seven diamonds were doable for most people then they change the drop rate and the final 3 took many openings most did not get 10 some spent lots of gold and did not get 10. Although some spent 0 gold and got the 10 so luck is heavily involved. I just got my 8th titanium bar all with rusty dagger had good drops too 1.25M twice so for me more are opening then the ones in cc where at least 20 box openings were the extra ally that sucked.