PDA

View Full Version : Defense and troublesome robber

Lorfarius
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
For a couple of months now I've been robbed 2-3 times a day by the same player, day in day out and to be honest its driving me to the point of quitting the game. It's becoming difficult to build anything as most of my big capital is stolen well before I can collect it.

This player is 11 levels above me and has a defense stat that's something I can only dream of (I'm in the mid 50's, he's top end 60's). I've tried installing as many turrets and defense buildings as I can which at times has reduced the amount he steals. But its infuriating as I can't focus on building anything at all. Pouring all my stat points into defense and attack has done little either as they are way higher than me, I'm losing around 50K each attack a day to this person which is most of my money.

This all started (from what I can tell) because I picked a name off the random attack/rob list and just tested their defenses to win some money. I've asked them to stop but all I got back was a laugh and "you started it". Surely enough is enough? There must be a way to draw the line or at least stop 1 player singling out another constantly. I'm stumped and don't know what to do, there's no report option I can find and because they play regular there is no way I'll ever match them level wise. Can anyone help?

CounterSniper
03-10-2012, 10:10 AM
For a couple of months now I've been robbed 2-3 times a day by the same player, day in day out and to be honest its driving me to the point of quitting the game. It's becoming difficult to build anything as most of my big capital is stolen well before I can collect it.

This player is 11 levels above me and has a defense stat that's something I can only dream of (I'm in the mid 50's, he's top end 60's). I've tried installing as many turrets and defense buildings as I can which at times has reduced the amount he steals. But its infuriating as I can't focus on building anything at all. Pouring all my stat points into defense and attack has done little either as they are way higher than me, I'm losing around 50K each attack a day to this person which is most of my money.

This all started (from what I can tell) because I picked a name off the random attack/rob list and just tested their defenses to win some money. I've asked them to stop but all I got back was a laugh and "you started it". Surely enough is enough? There must be a way to draw the line or at least stop 1 player singling out another constantly. I'm stumped and don't know what to do, there's no report option I can find and because they play regular there is no way I'll ever match them level wise. Can anyone help?

Do you retaliate because each time you do it puts you back on the top of his news feed.

Leave him alone, let him attack and eventually you will drop off his radar. If for some reason you havent tried retaliating since your first attack then he may be seeing you on the rivals list(not likely) which really would only leave you with the camp option. Stay where you're at, only collect from buildings, dont farm, attack, rob or do missions for a few days until he move higher in lvl.

Joeycool
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
The best form of defence against robberies is to collect your buildings on time.

the easiest way to do this is to concentrate on 12, 24, and 48 hour buildings. Synch them all up so that they pay out at the same times everyday. Do not collect on them until a set time, even if they are due to be collected. Its painful initially but beneficial in the long run. It will only take you a day to do it really.

For example 9 am and 9 pm. Then you just need to log in twice a day a minute before they pay out and collect them all before they can be robbed.

The other building I'm afraid are always going to get robbed... because there is always a bigger fish than you. And you will not be able to get your defence hgh enough to fend every one off.

Lorfarius
03-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I didn't realise you would drop off their list after a bit. I'll just ignore him completely :)

Joeycool
03-10-2012, 10:34 AM
I didn't realise you would drop off their list after a bit. I'll just ignore him completely :)

You will drop off their news feed. You will not drop off their rivals list.

If you want a long term solution. Take my advise on the 12 24 48 buildings.

Lorfarius
03-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Will do, thanks Joey.

upsman_17
03-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Definately don't retaliate. Whenever I rob/attack someone and they retaliate I will hit them again. And if they keep retaliating or post crap on my wall, well then I'm going to have some fun with them. Once they drop off my newsfeed though, that's it unless I see them in the rivals list. But if he is hitting you that much day in and day out, you are def on his newsfeed. Oh and couldn't agree more with Joey about the 12/24/48 building strategy. One you sync them you will never get robbed if you collect when the timer goes off.

G Wiz
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
If your still showing up in their news feed this might be a bit difficult to avoid, but this is probably unlikely as you said the perp is 10-11 levels above you. If not then take Joey's advice and you should fare well.

jobadass
03-10-2012, 11:52 AM
What they are telling you is correct. Don't retaliate and he would have to keep refreshing his rivals list to find you, isf at all and try to collect on time.
The other thing you need to do is realize it's only a game and get thicker skin. I'm not trying to be mean about this, but I've been playing for a loooong time, and what you're experiencing happens a lot, at every level.
Play your way, but know that there is a lot of good info on this forum, and you need to build up your atttack and defense to be able to resist robberies and attacks. Look into farming M4A1s and Double Deckers....they are the best way to kill time.

i need muney
03-10-2012, 12:11 PM
The best best solution is to chill down. Guys like you take it as someone is really harassing you. It's just a game, jeez, relax

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Try getting robbed by payam for 3 days straight, took my pirate taverns twice in 3 days.

Lorfarius
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Guys like me? I don't think I'm over reacting. I'm not on here swearing and calling him names just asking for advice. Been hit constantly for 3 months solid every single day several times, it started before Xmas and is really spoiling the game for me.

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't think I'm over reacting. I'm not on here swearing and calling him names just asking for advice. Been hit constantly for 3 months solid, it started before Xmas and is really spoiling the game for me. Dont worry about it, just lay low dont attack/rob him back like the others said EITHER collect what you have on time, or dont collect at all for a bit so everything gets robbed and no one can rob you once everythings been taken.

Caleb
03-10-2012, 12:34 PM
So, Lorfarius, have you been fighting back (which as has been pointed out would keep you on that player's news)?

Lorfarius
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Yes I've fought back a few times, usually after I've added a few buildings or levelled up. Didn't realise it would keep me on his list so I'm going to avoid him for good. Not been near for him 4 days now so hopefully it might stop soon.

Caleb
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
That sounds like a good plan. You'll need a bit of patience because it may take some time for you to drop off his news as other things get posted to it, but in time, he won't have that link back to your hood any more.

I don't get a huge number of attacks and robs against me and my news goes back 9 days.

Swifty
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
My news goes back 21 hours. That is hours, not days.

CounterSniper
03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
My news goes back 21 hours. That is hours, not days.

Mine goes back 8 days

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Mine goes back 8 days
I'm at 14 hours, and I only have 1 red from Payam

Swifty
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I have a question about a point raised by the original poster. And this question is for a more general audience, not just the OP.

Does it make a difference if the same player attacks you day after day?

In my case, I get attacked and robbed every day. It makes no difference to me whether it is the same player or different players. And usually it is not the same player. Because when he returns to try to attack or rob me again, he finds out that someone else has already done it.

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Its a more mental thing, this dude elm used to attack me randomly and lose nearly 9 out of 10 times. ONE night i fell asleep while studying and bam, this dude robs my entire 12/24/48 hour stock pisses me off not that he took all that cash, but that hes so presistant. Eventually thanks to that one night of sleep, he hasnt showed up after that night and my collection times are a totally different time now more suitable for me not to be asleep or busy during those times. This is just my story lol.

emcee
03-12-2012, 11:36 AM
First two robberies I've lost in 4 months or so by the same player. OMG!!!!
Got to start building more gatlings.

Nicholost
03-12-2012, 11:53 AM
First two robberies I've lost in 4 months or so by the same player. OMG!!!!

And you know that guy was like "I won. Wait... I won... Holy crap! I won!!!"

Dreno33
03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
another way is by deleting a lot of mafia if you are up to it. cut it in half. it it was already 300+ there should be no way for him to pop up in the rivals list either