PDA

View Full Version : Please, I need HELP!!!!!

Sugarymama
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Okay, so this is my first "real" iPad game (Angry Birds doesn't count...lol), and I just don't understand some components of it. I've been reading the forum and while some information is valuable, some has left me more confused:

1. Why do I lose expensive, high defense/attack units when I raid or attack rivals and beat them?? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

2. First I'm told (via this forum) to obtain as many allies as possible, then I read not to have many. Which is it? (I'm at level 59 with 1340 allies, 10203 attack, 13023 defense, and 2345 units)

3. I have bought gold, but I really don't want to purchase anymore until I understand the strategy of this game. I felt like I had to purchase to compete, but I see postings from people who are "free players" so now I'm thinking otherwise.

Any advice would be appreciated. I do enjoy playing, but the logic seems backward at times. The most frustrating thing is losing valuable units after winning battles and raids.

Ramshutu
03-09-2012, 05:17 PM
1.) There is something wrong with the game that means there are too many losses. No more information has been given.

2.) Allies hav good and bad points. good in that it allows you to have higher attack, but bad because you are more likely to go up against those who are have higher attack. If you continually get attacked and loose, try dropping allies. Also note, that there is a maximum number of allies you can use, which is 5x your level up to a maximum of 500 in total. This means that at level 59, you can only sure 295 allies to battle.

3.) you have to buy gold to complete quickly. With patience, you can build a strong base and army. Gold will have marginal effect on your stats in small quantities at your level, you can use it on base (cash buildings)

Sugarymama
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks Ramshutu! This is helpful. They really need to fix the losses during attacks. I haven't been losing many battles, but I have been losing units. Maybe I will drop some of my allies. Thanks again!

Dillinja
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
To an extent they're trying to make it realistic in that in a real war you would lose units, but what sucks is that even if you win, a lot of times you lose more units then the person who you've just beaten (if that was true in real life, Saddam would still be leader of Iraq...lol)

It's best to have just the number of allies you can bring into war, having over 1K is unnecessary and some people believe it makes you more visible to higher stat players in your rival list.

On your last point, you can go along way without using gold and if you do intend to use gold, best to buy gold units as they are indestructible....gold buildings and using gold to speed up building/upgrading is a waste imo

Sugarymama
03-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks Dillinja! I've been playing for a couple of months now, and I wish I would have read the forums when I first started. I have only used gold to buy units. I haven't bought a gold building but a few of them seem valuable.

As for the battles, of course I expect to lose units, but I've been losing expensive ones to pretty weak players. I should not be losing a Seal or Commando when I raid an oil rig that only gets me $2200. I've been losing APCs instead of Jeeps. Doesn't make sense. You're right about Saddam...lol. Thanks again.

War Priest
03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Buy the composites factory. That is a must! It increases your unit defense up to 20%.

Sugarymama
03-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks War Priest! I was about to buy an ore mine but I'll buy that first instead.

War Priest
03-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Good choice. Other than that, it really doesn't matter one what money buildings you buy. You really don't need any, or any defense buildings but if you want go ahead. But that factory is pretty much a must since it contributes a lot of points towards your defense stats.

kt3448
03-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of dropping some gold for the composites factory too

War Priest
03-09-2012, 08:34 PM
It's worth it. If you were to only buy one gold building that would be the one to get.

Dillinja
03-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks Dillinja! I've been playing for a couple of months now, and I wish I would have read the forums when I first started. I have only used gold to buy units. I haven't bought a gold building but a few of them seem valuable.

As for the battles, of course I expect to lose units, but I've been losing expensive ones to pretty weak players. I should not be losing a Seal or Commando when I raid an oil rig that only gets me $2200. I've been losing APCs instead of Jeeps. Doesn't make sense. You're right about Saddam...lol. Thanks again.

I think you mean an Oil derrick and not an oil rig as Oil Rig has a decent payout.
Dont bother raiding unless it's high value buildings like Oil Rig, refinery, high level munitions stockpiles/military markets. low value buildings just aint worth the loss of units

Sugarymama
03-10-2012, 05:06 AM
You're right Dillinja. I did mean oil derrick. I saw my mistake after I went back to the game. Sometimes I get $ from them, but it's not a lot and I do end up losing good units. I'll concentrate on the buildings you suggested.

What about the infirmary and cement factory? I already purchased but should I bother upgrading them? I'm starting to get attacked more, and while I'm winning 99% of the time, I want to arm myself better now. I just leveled up to 60 just trying to get these damn boxes!!!

Bronco928
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
No really, don't buy the composites factory...total waste of money! LOL...JK

Bronco928
03-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Question, are you scouting out your opponent's power ratings and inventory prior to raid/ attack?

Sugarymama
03-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey Bronco. If that question is for me then definitely. When I first started playing I didn't but I learned quickly. I only attack raid people whose numbers are much lower than mine, but I still lose good units. I'm thinking of doing what some players are calling "camping" or "farming" to build my numbers, but it's hard. I enjoy the missions. Upgrading is boring. It takes long for some upgrades..and some take so much $ I have no choice but to do missions to earn more cash to upgrade the damn buildings.

That being said, does it make sense to upgrade my boost buildings, or just $ buildings??? Obviously Ive been upgrading the unit buildings, and those ain't cheap either..

Dillinja
03-10-2012, 03:41 PM
You're right Dillinja. I did mean oil derrick. I saw my mistake after I went back to the game. Sometimes I get $ from them, but it's not a lot and I do end up losing good units. I'll concentrate on the buildings you suggested.

What about the infirmary and cement factory? I already purchased but should I bother upgrading them? I'm starting to get attacked more, and while I'm winning 99% of the time, I want to arm myself better now. I just leveled up to 60 just trying to get these damn boxes!!!

I have both of them on level 1 atm, will upgrade them at some point but more interested in upgrading money buildings atm

My opinion is to concentrate on your money buildings and also unlock all the high end valour units. For end game purposes it's always best to buy the best valour unit possible.

Sugarymama
03-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Thanks again Dillinja. So basically I will be spending at least 2 - 3 weeks upgrading, because it takes longer and longer to upgrade the higher your building level is. And the upgrades get more and more expensive so you have to earn $ sometime. After this supply box promotion ends I'm going to try and camp at my level for at least a month. And I'm going to drop my ally list some. But first I want to see if I can successfully attack someone with twice as many allies than me, but less units and lower A/D scores than I. I'm curious to see how the logic of the game works.