PDA

View Full Version : Great PVP loot item!

Joeycool
03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
I just got a great item in a PVP fight. Its called a butterfly knife. Stats att 5 and def 5.

Oh hang on a minute... no its useless. And all of my inventory items are stronger than it. I'll chuck it in the old cupboard under the stairs in my Laundromat with the other 1155 butterfly knives that are already in there.

Along with the useless 244 m14 sniper rifles, 555 steyer augs, 563 nail bats, 589 wrestler masks, and 499 pairs of boxer trunks.

The cupboard is getting very full of useless items that i keep winning in fights.

Swifty
03-09-2012, 02:00 PM
It is my goal to someday have as many as you do.

Joeycool
03-09-2012, 02:03 PM
If I could give them away to you I would.

I just wish Funzio would introduce some new PVP weapons that were of some use to me.

Or just give me none at all!

blondealex
03-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I wish we could sell them back, even at $50 each. I'd like to have them do at least a little something for me.

Swifty
03-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Or trade them in.

For example, 1000 butterfly knives gets you one double-decker.

Most people would go for that trade.

Swifty
03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
OK, how about this? Make it more likely that you get better pvp loot if you attack the most powerful rivals on your rivals list? And if you pick on the weakest rivals on your list, you get butterfly knives.

On second thought, that might be subject to abuse. Those of us who want more butterfly knives would just bully the weakest rivals.

erik
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I hear that. I wish there were one more armor & Melee past say lvl 150-165.

Right now despite having not purchased weapons w/ cash and not spent most RP points am fully capped on all PVP items except Police Truck and Police Armor.

Police Truck is a gem with its D, Guns are useless, so Armor and Melee would be a great boost. Maybe a few more points on each side.

madawgg
03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
i raised this idea long ago...but no one seconded.
so the idea is combining weapons into better ones, like five butterfly knives give u a bronze butterfly knife..something like that. it's just gonna add more variability to the game. also, since the combined weapon does not have better stats compared with gold items, it's not gonna change the game that much. but i would secretly hope the ultimate combined weapons are better than the respect items...just saying...

G Wiz
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
lol I'm over here excited because I got my first bloody AK...again...

*sigh*

KoolB
03-10-2012, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=Joeycool;129085
Oh hang on a minute... no its useless. [/QUOTE]

so you think.... the day one of your mob guys forget their chain whips and diamond knuckles... and have to rely on the trusted butterfly in the backpocket....
you will thank the wise men at Funzio who saw this coming...

Hank
03-10-2012, 01:36 AM
While it would be nice to have new PvP loot items, I dont see it happening. More powerful items would make the game too one-demensional. If they had better PvP loot, it would dilute out any need to build an economy or do anything else because you get get monster stats by just fighting non stop.

CounterSniper
03-10-2012, 02:27 AM
While it would be nice to have new PvP loot items, I dont see it happening. More powerful items would make the game too one-demensional. If they had better PvP loot, it would dilute out any need to build an economy or do anything else because you get get monster stats by just fighting non stop.

Except for gold equipment the best items in each category are respect items which are gained by fighting non stop. The best cash weapons bought with many millions pale in comparison to respect items so that's not really true.

The only real advantage to building an economy is having cash available to replenish the millions in explosives you will lose every time you go to sleep, assuming you equip them, at higher levels.

The only other reason to build your economy is to have a nice hood.

Hank
03-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Except for gold equipment the best items in each category are respect items which are gained by fighting non stop. The best cash weapons bought with many millions pale in comparison to respect items so that's not really true.

The only real advantage to building an economy is having cash available to replenish the millions in explosives you will lose every time you go to sleep, assuming you equip them, at higher levels.

The only other reason to build your economy is to have a nice hood.

The best cash weapons only pale in comparison to respect items IF you have 500 of each of the top repect weapons. Until you reach that point, cash weapons complement your inventory nicely and make you better than average. By building up my hood, most of my mafia are equiped with at least tasers and blash shields. I think everyone should outfit their weaker mafia with cash items until you can replace them with repsect items. But my point was just that if there were more powerful PvP items, there would be no need for anyone to buy those cash items and build their hood up if they could just get powerful weapons from fighting.

Jill
03-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Or trade them in.

For example, 1000 butterfly knives gets you one double-decker.

Most people would go for that trade.

You have something here Swiftly good idea, they could bring a new building like a smelting plant costing millions and you could smelt 1000 butterfly knifes and make a new knife maybe a Dragonfly knife.... What u think lol

Swifty
03-10-2012, 05:16 AM
We can have better high-end pvp loot without unbalancing the game.

The developers will continue to tweak the game and this is one area where they can, and probably will, improve the game.

Nudie
03-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Balance is vital to maintain the longevity of the game. There should always be something that the players are working towards, not too tedious but not too easy. That's how the interest in the game can be maintained. Otherwise, players wouldn't stay around long enough to perhaps even buy some gold?

fuzzy
03-10-2012, 06:11 AM
I just a skull shotgun from a PVP loot drop. Best I ever got, and I actually carry into battle with me that shows how bad my attack is.

Level 66
Attack = 7142
Defense = 8276
Income Hour = 37556
M4A1 = 69

Swifty
03-10-2012, 06:14 AM
@fuzzy

Congrats! I love skull shotguns and I wish I could get a few more of them.

Fricco
03-10-2012, 06:34 AM
I just a skull shotgun from a PVP loot drop. Best I ever got, and I actually carry into battle with me that shows how bad my attack is.

Dont feel bad about that, most people will carry that until the M4 replaces it.

Fricco
03-10-2012, 06:35 AM
lol I'm over here excited because I got my first bloody AK...again...

*sigh*

I wanna laugh because it was funny but i cant cause i feel for you...

Joeycool
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I just a skull shotgun from a PVP loot drop. Best I ever got, and I actually carry into battle with me

Another weapon that is no use to me when i get one. Its weaker than every other weapon in my inventory.

Fricco
03-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Another weapon that is no use to me when i get one. Its weaker than every other weapon in my inventory.

+1
but i would like to trade inventorys with you ;)

G Wiz
03-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I wanna laugh because it was funny but i cant cause i feel for you...You should laugh, im laughing lol.

But on another note it seems that they definately tweaked the loot items at the lower levels. I never remembered getting m4 shotguns as loot before. I hope that they steadily increase the quality of loot items per tier (eg. 1-30, 31-60), but in order to do this, the type of rivals that are seen must be controlled.

I say this because it would be unfair to have a level 80 player with access to better pvp loot to be able to see a level 60 player with access to lower quality loot.

Fricco
03-10-2012, 11:57 AM
what i dont understand is out of all the PvP loot items, why is it
there is not a decent melee weapon..... :confused:

i dont mind the police Armor 5/14 im still using or the Armored Police truck 4/19
there is even 3 decent guns that drop.
Why not an occasional spiked hammer @ 13/8 ???

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 12:01 PM
There is a common factor behind many reasons things are missing from this game. It's the vaults of gold and cash. If eventually people who have the money, or people who are tired of getting owned. Either they are gonna man up and get some, OR they are gonna get frustrated and leave. Gold is what makes and breaks this game.

Edit: Not that I have a problem with this, I do enjoy the game. Its just a marketing tecnique used by many major companies.

Caleb
03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
lol, you HL guys and your fancy weapons...New butterflies are just giving me 2/0 at this point, but my mafia is still carrying all 116 of them. And, I finally got my first M72 Rocket Launcher today!

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
lol, you HL guys and your fancy weapons...New butterflies are just giving me 2/0 at this point, but my mafia is still carrying all 116 of them. And, I finally got my first M72 Rocket Launcher today!
Congrats Caleb, as you level higher and higher and start to farm the better items, your butterflies will depreciate and become obsolete, but as of now they are the foundation of your stats.

Caleb
03-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Oh yeah, I know they are already on their way out! Working on those Chain Whips...

Ghost818
03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Advice from me to you, limit your Yamahas at 100 MAX 150. I made the mistake of getting 300, but now they are also becoming obsolete thanks to my DDs

Caleb
03-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Thnx for the tip Ghost. I fortunately saw some Respect discussions early enough that I didn't go overboard with low tier items. Vehicles is an area I need to work on eventually, maybe with DDs, but I only ended up getting 20 Mustangs and 12 Yamahas with Respect points.