PDA

View Full Version : Thank you tap joy!

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Just got approved for my Discover More card so I have 218 gold on the way. Does anyone who has done this promotion before have any idea how long it takes that to hit my account? Not that it really matters because I plan on saving it up to get some good buildings in the higher levels anyway. I'm thinking either rock cafe or gent club. I'm into the 12/24/48 strategy. Do both those buildings fall in that category?

Nicholost
03-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Cool. As soon as you get the gold, cutup the card and cancel the account. Credit cards and their companies are true evil. I think I've said that before, but I can't say it enough.

They essentially give us $20 just to open an account, right? Why do they give away free money? Because odds are strongly in their favor that we will pay them back on the order of 100's of dollars down the road.

dudeman
03-09-2012, 01:42 PM
The Rock Cafe is a 12h building and the Gentlemen's Club is a 24h.

Tapjoy got me two GCs. If I had continued saving, I would have been able to afford a Palm Hotel by the time I unlock it.

Swifty
03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Chicken and Waffles!!!

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Cool. As soon as you get the gold, cutup the card and cancel the account. Credit cards and their companies are true evil. I think I've said that before, but I can't say it enough.

They essentially give us $20 just to open an account, right? Why do they give away free money? Because odds are strongly in their favor that we will pay them back on the order of 100's of dollars down the road.

Oh totally agree. That's the plan. The only credit card I have besides my business card is a check card and that way I can only spend the money that I have.

The Rock Cafe is a 12h building and the Gentlemen's Club is a 24h.
Tapjoy got me two GCs. If I had continued saving, I would have been able to afford a Palm Hotel by the time I unlock it.

Thanks for the info. I'm Gonna try and hold out for the gents clubs but I still got another 30 levels to go for that.

Chicken and Waffles!!!

I was thinking more like a techno club and maybe a mansion.

Nicholost
03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh totally agree. That's the plan. The only credit card I have besides my business card is a check card and that way I can only spend the money that I have.
Good man. That makes Nicholosts :D.

Ghost818
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Dont waste your money on masions or techno clubs, I strongly suggest you save it for the G clubs.

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Dont waste your money on masions or techno clubs, I strongly suggest you save it for the G clubs.

That was my attempt at sarcasm to counter swiftys chicken and waffles comment. :)

Brent
03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Just got approved for my Discover More card so I have 218 gold on the way. Does anyone who has done this promotion before have any idea how long it takes that to hit my account? Not that it really matters because I plan on saving it up to get some good buildings in the higher levels anyway. I'm thinking either rock cafe or gent club. I'm into the 12/24/48 strategy. Do both those buildings fall in that category?

Whats is a Discover More Card? Ive heard of it a little but didnt get much information on what it is?

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Whats is a Discover More Card? Ive heard of it a little but didnt get much information on what it is?

Just some BS credit card offered thru tap joy. If you get approved you get 218 gold. Seemed like the best offer.

Brent
03-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Just some BS credit card offered thru tap joy. If you get approved you get 218 gold. Seemed like the best offer.

Oh so it cost money?

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh so it cost money?

Nah, it's a credit card application. No money.

CounterSniper
03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Nah, it's a credit card application. No money.

To your original question it can take a couple of weeks according to the fine print, in addition be sure to keep your approval email and/or letter in case they don't give you the gold cuz they will then say its a third party offer but they will try to help you but they need you to prove you got the card with that email and/or letter that you weren't told to keep in the fine print in the first place. Its a bait and switch kind of experience.

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 09:02 PM
To your original question it can take a couple of weeks according to the fine print, in addition be sure to keep your approval email and/or letter in case they don't give you the gold cuz they will then say its a third party offer but they will try to help you but they need you to prove you got the card with that email and/or letter that you weren't told to keep in the fine print in the first place. Its a bait and switch kind of experience.

Good points. Did you already go thru the experience?

Swifty
03-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Is it a no-fee credit card?

upsman_17
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Is it a no-fee credit card?

Yes sir. Doesnt really matter though. Not even gonna activate it unless getting the gold is contingent on it.

CounterSniper
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Good points. Did you already go thru the experience?

Yes and I'm still pissed cuz who the hell keeps an approval letter unless the fine print says to do so. Up until that point I had no issues getting my gold and then got jerked around over this letter that they didn't require in the beginning, multiple calls to Discover, transfers to different departments, oh your account is too new wait a couple days and call us back and your info should be updated blah, blah, blah...Not Discovers fault or problem but still, after doing 7 years in the Army I can tell you I am NOT a fan of bureaucracy or redtape and as I said I'm STILL pissed.

I thought perhaps warning you in advance would be a kind deed that might bring me some m4 karma, I need all the help I can get.

CounterSniper
03-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes sir. Doesnt really matter though. Not even gonna activate it unless getting the gold is contingent on it.

No fee cards are great for emergencies. Always good to have one or two "just in case".

I have a couple that I only use very other month to ensure their active (usually gas) and pay in full as soon as the balance posts on my account page. That way they don't even get much if any interest but makes me feel secure knowing they are there.

I realize some people have great family/friend support chains that they can fall back on but my family is long gone and my friends are not financially secure so emergency cards are a must for me. I was outta work for two years 2 mths and my card kept me from homelessness. Barely, but they did the trick.

Didn't mean to sound preachy just imparting wisdom accrued thru my experiences.

Another thought--I've also been thinking I need to find some wealthier friends. Haha

kt3448
03-09-2012, 11:22 PM
What is tap joy? Is this an external site/promo?

CounterSniper
03-10-2012, 12:00 AM
What is tap joy? Is this an external site/promo?

TapJoy is a company that gives you in game currency (that you normally have to buy) for trying apps, products &/or services.

Some devices have a link at the bottom of the gold purchase screen. If yours doesn't then you can go to TapJoy.com! register, follow the instructions to download their link on your device and then it will show you all the games you have that they provide offers for. I have gotten literally hundreds of bars of gold by using them. Most apps only require you to download and use them once so I download everything and delete it if it sucks. Many offers are free but some require $$$ so read before you click. I have noticed the the tapjoy website shows more offers (particulary game apps) than the TapJoy app, probably because of competition clauses by the gamemakers or some such thing.

Hope that helps..... TapJoy Rules!

Alice
03-10-2012, 12:01 AM

:p Got cash back checks from Citi credit card every year, never paid any fees or interests

kt3448
03-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the reply

upsman_17
03-10-2012, 06:00 AM

Was getting ready to check my email this morning for approval letter. But noticed 218 gold in my account, that was quick. Now let's hope I dont hit a wrong button and use by accident. Funny though, I had 1 gold bar b4 the discover promo, what happened to that? I guess Funzio took their tribute?

Swifty
03-10-2012, 06:20 AM
The Discover offer fluctuates.

The current reward is 163 gold.

Maybe it reduced to 217 between the time you clicked and the time it got processed?

CounterSniper
03-10-2012, 06:24 AM
The Discover offer fluctuates.

The current reward is 163 gold.

Maybe it reduced to 217 between the time you clicked and the time it got processed?

It has different amounts offered depending on the game version &/or device.

A few of the offers are like that which is messed up but...I get chastised when i speak of class warfare.

Swifty
03-10-2012, 06:28 AM
It varies by device? I did not know that. I just noticed that the prices vary on my device.

That Discover offer was over 200 on my device yesterday.

CounterSniper
03-10-2012, 06:46 AM
It varies by device? I did not know that. I just noticed that the prices vary on my device.

That Discover offer was over 200 on my device yesterday.

Yup, I've got the pad and the pod and they are both different. I also remember that CC and CCHD on my pad were different as well.

Plus as you indicated they seem to change by the day as well, apparently the value of gold does fluctuate.

kt3448
03-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Can't seem to use the same tap joy account on two separate devices, and still get the gold. Receive gold on iPad but not phone so guess I will need to setup a second account. Can someone confirm?

Edit: figured it out. Need to change tap joy settings on phone and verify.