PDA

View Full Version : To bank, or not to bank...

white frog
03-09-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm at a point now where I really feel that I don't need to bank my income anymore.. but I also feel that as soon as I stop I'll get jacked! I haven't had a successful robbery or attack in about a month now. I just wanted to get opinions on what I should do. Here's my stats:

Level 41
Income 62083/hr
Mob 241
Def 6722

Any thoughts would help.

erik
03-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Looks like great stats. Why not try for a few days and see?

Dreno33
03-09-2012, 07:48 AM
I just added you white frog, name same on here. add i wanna see

white frog
03-09-2012, 08:05 AM
I just added you white frog, name same on here. add i wanna see

I just got around to accepting your request... hope you like my hood!

colster
03-09-2012, 08:42 AM
ooh, I want to see as well. That is some impressive work for your level. My name is "coolio"

Nicholost
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Don't do it. If you haven't lost an attack in a month, there is no good reason to bank with your economy. The most a payer can take from you is 65.1% or $300K, whichever is smaller. You have to be carrying $570K or more in the open for $300K and 65.1% to be equal. With your economy, you'll commonly be carrying much more than that between upgrades/builds. If $300K is less than 10% of what you make a month, which is certainly is, you should be no-banking.

The steps to no-banking:
1) Determine the frequency of attacks and the period between lost attacks.
2) Determine how much you make during the period between lost attacks.
3) If 10% of the money make in that period is greater than $300K or 65%, no-bank. Otherwise, bank.

That's pretty general and assumes a constant flow of equally matched opponents and doesn't account for an increase in attack attempts because your appeal has increased by no-banking, but it should generally work. It has worked for me for more than two weeks. No lost attacks... yet. If you want to be conservative, take your period and half it.

This may help: Crime City Attack Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20429-Crime-City-Attack-Analysis)

Ramshutu
03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I've just added you too (Martin), my account is around your level, and I have only lost 1 or two attacks recently and have nowhere near your stats. I don't bank regularly, and often have levels of cash that could be considered 'tempting'.

Caleb
03-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I want to no-bank, but can't bring myself to do it. Each level, I come across some players with enough stats that I think they could get through my defense. Now, if they never happen upon me in their rivals list, in the end it wouldn't matter, but I guess I still fear the potential 65% hit. Currently, I'm opting for a kind of hybrid strategy. I bank until I'm at or close to the amount I need for the next upgrade, then I'll start no-banking. This saves a little bit of the banking fee, but I'm still taking the 10% loss on most of my income. I really don't understand how Tramp Stamp got away with it. We were moving along at similar levels, so I was seeing the players that would have been his rivals and I know some could have gotten his money if they had come across him. Regardless, he's the proof that it is possible to pull it off.

Nicholost
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM
I want to no-bank, but can't bring myself to do it. Each level, I come across some players with enough stats that I think they could get through my defense. Now, if they never happen upon me in their rivals list, in the end it wouldn't matter, but I guess I still fear the potential 65% hit. Currently, I'm opting for a kind of hybrid strategy. I bank until I'm at or close to the amount I need for the next upgrade, then I'll start no-banking. This saves a little bit of the banking fee, but I'm still taking the 10% loss on most of my income. I really don't understand how Tramp Stamp got away with it. We were moving along at similar levels, so I was seeing the players that would have been his rivals and I know some could have gotten his money if they had come across him. Regardless, he's the proof that it is possible to pull it off.

I remember him saying, and I agree, that most strong players don't take swings at equally, or nearly equally, strong players at around this level. I think is has to do with the fear of that player being able to return the punishment later. Why would a shark attack another shark for food when there are 200 times as many fish. Sure, the shark has more meat to eat, but it can actually fight back. To prove this, I'm at lvl 85 and usually have over $1mill hanging out there for the taking, yet I don't get attacked by other strong players. I see them show up in my rivals list, so I know they see me. I think we both acknowledge each other and move on to all the fish.

Caleb
03-09-2012, 10:18 AM
I remember him saying, and I agree, that most strong players don't take swings at equally, or nearly equally, strong players at around this level.

Interesting, and I guess I've kind of had this thought myself. I've come across some players with a big pot of money out, but I've moved on because I figured our stats were too close to want to go poke them in the eye.

I can believe that high stat folks who also have nice hoods may not want to take a swing at you - they have buildings you could possibly go after for revenge. But the shark I'm most worried about is the high stat guy with no hood, and I've seen them too. In that case, they've got no buildings to rob and no money sitting out, so you're not really a threat to them. Why wouldn't they try for the money?

Nicholost
03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
...the shark I'm most worried about is the high stat guy with no hood, and I've seen them too. In that case, they've got no buildings to rob and no money sitting out, so you're not really a threat to them. Why wouldn't they try for the money?

That's where you follow the steps I mentioned a few posts up. As weird as it sounds, in many cases it's cheaper to lose 65% to that type of shark every couple weeks or so than lose 10% to the bank continuously. Do the math, it's surprising. The key is to not make it personal and attack them back. Keep your name off their news feed.

Swifty
03-09-2012, 10:40 AM
On the opposite end, I am level 127 and about mid-tier attack/defense for my level. I get attacked and robbed every day. And I bank my 40%.

Ramshutu
03-09-2012, 10:59 AM
On the opposite end, I am level 127 and about mid-tier attack/defense for my level. I get attacked and robbed every day. And I bank my 40%.

+ 0.4 to swifty.

Vile Lynn
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Instead of banking, I buy stuff, like explosives, or equipment I need for future map quests.

Sasha54
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I am at a pretty low level - 44 and don't make that much but for some reason I keep banking my money. I hate when I come back and see that someone has robbed me - I know I know - probably not as bad as the 10% constantly.

I am going to try not banking for a while. Sometimes I will buy equipment that may be required for future jobs but if I have a planned purchase or expansion and I'm at work I just bank everything so I know that I will meet my target.

it's a mindset that I need to get over I guess - maybe better to have other players get my money than funzio.....kwim

Murda
03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Level 99 here and not banking for the past 2 weeks. I've earned roughly 40 Mil in two weeks and funnelled it all into upgrades. So already I've saved $4M in interest.

Typically have between $1-$5M on hand, I get attack attempts about once day, but that's about the same ratio I was getting before I started no-banking, so I'm estimating one attack attempt per day is attributed to the random attack players.

Soon I will be trying to save up for a nightclub while no-banking!!!

emcee
03-09-2012, 11:16 AM
All the more reason to camp if you feel the necessity to bank.

Build your economy, buy better equips, definitely increase hood size and buy defense buildings.

Even if you refuse to camp then it simply means you have way too large a mob size to equip them adequately.

Drop all or most and buy the best equips you can afford for them and beef up defense buildings and in most cases (if you are not in the 100+ level category) you should be strong enough for your level and mob bracket.

I've managed to not loose a fight/robbery on 2 accounts for about 3 1/2 months by following this basic principle.

So the money you save from banking will easily fund your hood expansion and defensive building purchases.

Remember Crime City is not a race to level 200.

Swifty
03-09-2012, 11:26 AM
@Ramshutu

Very clever.

Caleb
03-09-2012, 11:44 AM
I've earned roughly 40 Mil in two weeks and funnelled it all into upgrades. So already I've saved $4M in interest.

I would not want to see the total amount that I've paid to the bank up to this point!

Santa
03-09-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm at level 54 at I don't bank as much as I used to (which was a lot). Whenever I collect my buildings, I usually just bank if I have over $150,000. My stats are:

Attack: 4179
Defense: 4688
Mafia Size: 150

By the way, are these stats good enough? If you're at level 49 with attack and defense higher than mine, I'm starting to doubt myself. Maybe it's just the extra mafia you have compared to my 150. Any thoughts guys?

Caleb
03-09-2012, 12:55 PM
So with recovery time figured in, how many times do you think you could get hit overnight if Mr. Shark kept circling back to your hood?

Nicholost
03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
So with recovery time figured in, how many times do you think you could get hit overnight if Mr. Shark kept circling back to your hood?

I've seen varying cool down times listed, but I think the main point is that he has to find you again after you've cooled off. That can can be quite the challenge. Unless he's really devoted, I doubt he'll get more than one attack spree out of you during a night's sleep. I really don't know though. There are two players who have found me multiple times by random, but their attacks have been unsuccessful.

Vile Lynn
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Figuring after 10 hits, recovery time is 2 hours? Or 1 hour?
Or is this another Funzio mystery?

Caleb
03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Dunno what it is, but let's say 2 for discussion purposes. So, if you could be found again, seems like you could maybe take 3 rounds of 65% loss overnight?

Nudie
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I wish more people would not bank. I seldom come across anyone with a bunch of bills in his pocket for me to tap.

Ghost818
03-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Ive ran into a few, for some reason more often when I hit level 120+ my first robbery above 200K and my first attack with most looted was in the same day. Now I dont settle for robberys less than 100k a person lol

Caleb
03-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Hmmmm, and just when I was trying again to talk myself into no-banking...

Gaming Will
03-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Man you guys are brave! I'm level 57, 273 mafia, 6902a/7384d,$10153/ hr.... Soon afraid of no banking because of attacking a random almost equal rival while completing thug life and hardcore hitman...

white frog
03-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, after almost 2 weeks of successfully no-banking, I was successfully hit today. Congratulations to Ryanlicious who took me for $240,000!!! Back to banking again, at least until he accepts my friend request!

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, after almost 2 weeks of successfully no-banking, I was successfully hit today. Congratulations to Ryanlicious who took me for $240,000!!! Back to banking again, at least until he accepts my friend request!
Bummer! Although, I would add that if he does accept your friend request, definitely go back to no-banking. Two weeks is a long period. If 10% of what you make in 2 weeks is more than $240,000, definitely no bank. I'm at five weeks of no-banking and no-losing.

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey you, check your inbox
Saw it. Read it. And now need enough time to actually reply to reply or contribute. I'm at work now peeking in at the forums each time I restart my servers.

Ramshutu
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Saw it. Read it. And now need enough time to actually reply to reply or contribute. I'm at work now peeking in at the forums each time I restart my servers.

Is that a Euphamism? :)

Nicholost
03-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Is that a Euphamism? :)
Yes. It was a euphemism for "the bologna I ate for lunch was well past its expiration date and I wonder if I closed the garage door when I left for work." I thought that was intuitive.

mnju_03
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
You left the door open and you've been robbed. By baby none the less.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-17-2012, 06:59 AM
I think more people should use the no bank style of play. As more and more new players use the Forum some of the older Stratagys should be debated again. This should be top of the list for player in the top 10% of their rival list

Gaming Will
05-17-2012, 08:06 AM
White Frog and Caleb... Definitely no bank. Sharks don't attack other sharks or if they do, they take a swing but then ask to join. It saves a ton of $ and adds a little excitement to the game. I've been doing it for awhile and it's fantastic!

Dr BoneCrusher
05-17-2012, 08:14 AM
White Frog and Caleb... Definitely no bank. Sharks don't attack other sharks or if they do, they take a swing but then ask to join. It saves a ton of $ and adds a little excitement to the game. I've been doing it for awhile and it's fantastic!

Really would hope players with good attack and defense numbers try this. It could spice the game up sum and if you are strong enough save tons of money to get stronger faster.

Swearengen
05-17-2012, 10:44 AM
No banking is the shiit - been doing it for awhile now.

Swearengen
05-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm at a point now where I really feel that I don't need to bank my income anymore.. but I also feel that as soon as I stop I'll get jacked! I haven't had a successful robbery or attack in about a month now. I just wanted to get opinions on what I should do. Here's my stats:

Level 41
Income 62083/hr
Mob 241
Def 6722

Any thoughts would help.

Go no bank - the hardest thing is mentally being ok with the rare hit that takes $300,000 away. I have been no banking for some time, convinced by Nicholost. I admit I have freaked out after getting nailed and banked, but then realized in the long run I was saving money by no banking.

I think if you get hit by a powerful player, then he comes back around a few times to hit you, then you should bank, wait till he levels up past you, then go back to no banking.

Gaming Will
05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
*Chanting
No Bank, No Bank, No Bank!

MonteCitan
05-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I tried no banking twice (or rather, the baiting to see if I could).. level 120/25k defense (no defense structures)

Haven't hit anyone, really, aside from those weaker than me lately.. Within 3 hours someone took 61.5% of that amount haha.. Befriended him/added him to the mafia - tried again a few hours later.. by morning same deal, 61.5% gone..

Today while robbing, I had 148k on hand started getting hit while I was online, they all fail a bunch but they keep at it haha..

Looking like I won't be able to no bank at this point..

Luciferianism
05-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I love attacking no bankers. 10 x 30K is sweet, and I remember the name and strike every time I find them. So yes, by all means, everyone should no bank.

white frog
05-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I've been no-banking for a little over a week now, and I've already saved over $3 mil!!! I created yet another spreadsheet that will help you track your profits and losses while first attempting to no-bank, and it tells you where you stand! It's pretty awesome for anyone who is thinking of attempting it.
It will be included in the new release of the "All in one" coming out soon, but I could release a stand alone if there was enough interest. What do you think?

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I've been no-banking for a little over a week now, and I've already saved over $3 mil!!! I created yet another spreadsheet that will help you track your profits and losses while first attempting to no-bank, and it tells you where you stand! It's pretty awesome for anyone who is thinking of attempting it.
It will be included in the new release of the "All in one" coming out soon, but I could release a stand alone if there was enough interest. What do you think?

keep it in one. I freakin love that spreadsheet.

BUT STILL!!! 2 features I, and I think many other would agree, would LOVE to have in your all in one.

1) A box to check if we are tycoon for the 10%. (Many others like myself don't want to risk trying it ourselves and ruin it)

2) Is it possible to make the left columns (in the buildings' pages) to keep them scrolling with us as we scroll sideways (right)? (Kinda of like how the top stays with us when we scroll down) That way we can see the building and lvl# easier. I remember itzkakarot did it. And you did, on the top bar.

Gaming Will
05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I tried no banking twice (or rather, the baiting to see if I could).. level 120/25k defense (no defense structures)

Haven't hit anyone, really, aside from those weaker than me lately.. Within 3 hours someone took 61.5% of that amount haha.. Befriended him/added him to the mafia - tried again a few hours later.. by morning same deal, 61.5% gone..

Today while robbing, I had 148k on hand started getting hit while I was online, they all fail a bunch but they keep at it haha..

Looking like I won't be able to no bank at this point..

Being that I am level 102, I don't see myself being able to do this much longer. :(

Dr BoneCrusher
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I love attacking no bankers. 10 x 30K is sweet, and I remember the name and strike every time I find them. So yes, by all means, everyone should no bank.

No Banking is a way of life don't scare them off

Gaming Will
05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I was scared at first when I first went to No Banking (around mid 60's level). But since then only like 5 people have successfully attacked me.

The most I have saved on hand was 7mil or so. Currently have 4mil waiting on the stupid Crematorium. Daaaaayyyyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmm that takes forever!

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I was scared at first when I first went to No Banking (around mid 60's level). But since then only like 5 people have successfully attacked me.

really? you have 19k/20k for lvl 102? I thought everyone said the norm at 100 was around 24k? I guess not, or your super lucky!

Nicholost
05-17-2012, 11:15 AM
No Banking is a way of life don't scare them off

Dr BoneCrusher, but are you encouraging no-banking in hopes more people will adopt the strategy and you will have more lucrative attacks? Just curious. You've been pushing it pretty hard recently.

Personally, I'm a huge proponent of no-banking. I have been no-banking for 10.5 weeks with awesome results. The amount of money I have saved by no-banking is un-real.

And for anyone who hasn't seen this, there is an analysis that helps you determine whether you can or cannot no-bank.
No-Bank Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis)

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
@Nicholost ~ In a VERY summed up statement, as long as you can win over a *certain percentage*, the money saved from 10% would outweigh the money lost in the other percentage for attacks lost?

Gaming Will
05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
really? you have 19k/20k for lvl 102? I thought everyone said the norm at 100 was around 24k? I guess not, or your super lucky!

If i had my max mafia probably would be around there, but I am only carrying 329.

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
If i had my max mafia probably would be around there, but I am only carrying 329.

ohhhhhhhh ok, i gotcha. so that is the norm i presume? I was like damn dude, you must be good at the events, lmao

Gaming Will
05-17-2012, 11:25 AM
ohhhhhhhh ok, i gotcha. so that is the norm i presume? I was like damn dude, you must be good at the events, lmao

yeah, I suck at the events tho. I have only gotten the Green Extreme (collects more from buildings I think, I don't remember).

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 11:28 AM
yeah, I suck at the events tho. I have only gotten the Green Extreme (collects more from buildings I think, I don't remember).

compare some of your buildings incomes to the spreadsheets to find out

Dr BoneCrusher
05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Dr BoneCrusher, but are you encouraging no-banking in hopes more people will adopt the strategy and you will have more lucrative attacks? Just curious. You've been pushing it pretty hard recently.

Personally, I'm a huge proponent of no-banking. I have been no-banking for 10.5 weeks with awesome results. The amount of money I have saved by no-banking is un-real.

And for anyone who hasn't seen this, there is an analysis that helps you determine whether you can or cannot no-bank.
No-Bank Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis)

Not really, not just in the hopes of having more people to rob. I just hate attacking people to do Thug Life's with no money avalable to steal. I think it's not fair to them. So I thought if more people tried no banking it would spice it up a bit and not just low stat players but high ones. The risk reward dichotomy would be a nice change.

One more thing I do it with no disrespect to you or your work on No-Banking

Nicholost
05-17-2012, 11:35 AM
@Nicholost ~ In a VERY summed up statement, as long as you can win over a *certain percentage*, the money saved from 10% would outweigh the money lost in the other percentage for attacks lost?

I guess. That statement is a little difficult to follow because you're talking in positives and negatives.

Swearengen
05-18-2012, 12:25 PM

At lvl 100 and my stats are basically the same approx 18500 atk/23500 def but only have 291 mafia....

Dreno33
05-18-2012, 12:27 PM
At lvl 100 and my stats are basically the same approx 18500 atk/23500 def but only have 291 mafia....

im guessing you and Gaming Will have that kinda Mafia# for a different Rivals List? More Campers around 300 (NC)?

Gaming Will
05-18-2012, 12:32 PM
I can't speak for Swearengen, I'm doing it right now because of bracketing. And to be honest, I don't see too many nice hoods at all. I was kind of disappointed. I'm not doing Thug Life right now and haven't been robbing either. My stamina has been a waste lately. Hopefully, I can move up my mafia soon and at least complete Thug Life.

flop
05-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Its does suck when you have one of the better hoods at your level.

Swearengen
05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
im guessing you and Gaming Will have that kinda Mafia# for a different Rivals List? More Campers around 300 (NC)?

I have under 300 right now just to make sure my atk/def per mafia is high (basically thanks to bracketing). I am not doing PvP or Maps. Since I missed out on the nerfed M4A1's, I am working on my econ and turtling for RP (lofts, CA's, LM's, etc...). Using RP for CW's. But I am over half way to saving for my first NC, so i'll be at 300 in a week or so.

And I would agree with Gaming Will, I don't see many good hoods, some lofts but 90% are lvl 1 or 2's. I would say I'm in the upper 10%, but of course I am a non-golder spender (in general) so occasssionally someone beats my stats by a few thousand.