PDA

View Full Version : Help for a new player

Colonelbob
03-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Hey all, I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I couldn't really finds a thread that explained it very well. I am a brand new player, just started a few days ago and I am already hooked. However I am finding that as I level up and start building my base people who are at the same level as me have way more attack and defense than I do. I have started to build up my ally's, hey, add me

671 843 123

But I can't seem to figure out how people have attack and defense scores in the thousands when I am barely in the hundreds? Is this just a matter of me not buying gold? Or is there a strategy that I should be doing, or troops I should be buying etc. I have bought some guard towers but they don't seem to increase my defensive score. How do I get my score similar to those of the people at my level (currently 16). Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ramshutu
03-09-2012, 06:41 AM
A lot of people, including myself, deliberately slow their levelling down (they don't do missions and limit how much PvP they do), and concentrate on building up their base, and buying units.

The result of this, is that they have played a long time and so have good stats, but are at a lower level.

Aidan
03-09-2012, 07:00 AM
First of all there r alrdy threads covering these. U just need to dig a bit more n read a lot. I provide the links below. Is nt tht i dnt want to help u or too lazy to type, it's just i find tht if u do ur research urself n put more effort, u will pick up n understand it much faster.

-Main thing is u need to understand the equation part 1st. Hw r ur allied att n def r calculated. Hw is it relate to ur level and the number of ur allies. Here is a good thread u cn read about:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20949-Help-For-A-New-Player-

-On how to get ur attck n def up: u cn buy them or u cn do loot missions. Here is a thread covering those
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15056-Loot-Farming

-on def building
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20990-Is-it-better-to-have-defense-buildings-covering-buildings

- on choosing whether u want to low ally strategy or full ally u cn read them here. I suggest u go low ally strat so as to avoid u exposed to othr plyr with better stat
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21126-Is-it-better-to-have-more-or-less-allies

-on skill points.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20748-Your-level-and-skill-assignment
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20672-Skill-points-how-do-you-spend-yours

-some good strats tht were posted by fellow member. Hv a read to get an idea n see if any suits u or u cn modify it urself once u get better grasp on the game

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?19085-Guide-for-light-gold-players-how-to-farm-100m-in-3-weeks
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

Colonelbob
03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Thank you both your your replies and I appreciate the links. Although to be fair I have spent quite a bit of time reading the forums and had read most of the links so far. None of them really answer my basic, and perhaps simple question which is: How do people / I increase my defense / attack scores? Is this through buying men / ships / planes etc.? Or is there some other trick?

When I look at people who have 10X ,50X, 100X the scores that I do and are already the same level (which is only 16) it seems to be that they know something I dont.

I thank you for the links and the Economy Base one is new to me, and I look forward to learning the strategies there, but it is hard to build up anything with any speed because all the PVP action is so far above me (after only 3 days playing)

@Ramshutu so if you aren't doing missions etc. are you just waiting around to get the money from your money buildings because it would seem that you would have to spend weeks waiting for things to build

Thanks again to anyone who has advice to offer. I just want to play a fun game and not worry about spreadsheets and working our math equations. Perhaps this isn't a game for a very active but casual player?

Ramshutu
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Thank you both your your replies and I appreciate the links. Although to be fair I have spent quite a bit of time reading the forums and had read most of the links so far. None of them really answer my basic, and perhaps simple question which is: How do people / I increase my defense / attack scores? Is this through buying men / ships / planes etc.? Or is there some other trick?

When I look at people who have 10X ,50X, 100X the scores that I do and are already the same level (which is only 16) it seems to be that they know something I dont.

I thank you for the links and the Economy Base one is new to me, and I look forward to learning the strategies there, but it is hard to build up anything with any speed because all the PVP action is so far above me (after only 3 days playing)

@Ramshutu so if you aren't doing missions etc. are you just waiting around to get the money from your money buildings because it would seem that you would have to spend weeks waiting for things to build

Thanks again to anyone who has advice to offer. I just want to play a fun game and not worry about spreadsheets and working our math equations. Perhaps this isn't a game for a very active but casual player?

Unfortunately, yes, I spend time farming (continually doing the same mission for loot) repeatedly, and collecting and upgrading money buildings. While this isn't everyone's cup of tea, it can build up your stats and economy quite well so that when you start levelling, you have an advantage.

It's a personality thing really, I love playing sim-city, and games along those lines, so I actually find it fun!

This game isn't you 'play' but one you 'visit', that's the thing that I quite like. I can do other things at the same time.

Aidan
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
It is a fun game. U askd about how to increase attck n def score n how others hv 50 or 100 x ur stat. So firstly u must understand hw it works. Hw the attck n def score r calculated. N those cn be found in the links above. Or if u dont want to bother, just buy whatever unit u want then. On preferences, if u r playing uk, buy ships. Russia plane. Germany ground forces n china infantry. They all give 10% bonus to att n def.

Or if u hv spares a lot of money, just buy gold unit as mny as u cn n want. They hv a vry good stat n wont die like forever

Buzz
03-10-2012, 08:25 AM
How do you find players with less stamina, less power, less of a chance - so you can defeat them - gain power and obviously pull ahead in the game?? Call me greedy - sure why not - it's just a game.

vball
03-10-2012, 08:44 AM
You should be careful about advancing too quickly. I see players that are obviously fairly new to the game given the size and contents of their base. Unfortunately, these poor souls are easy picking as their overall attack and defense are quite low.

My suggestion is to slow down, build your base, drop your ally count and build a solid infrastructure.

For me, have been building my base size, buying all the income producing units except for the gold ones. I have bought some gold units as I figure they need to make some money off me as I find the game enjoyable. From their have been building units, upgrading buildings and attacking.

It takes time, unless of course you have large amounts of money and can buy all gold.

Colonelbob
03-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Definately not interested in buying gold. @vBall, why drop allies? I thought the more allies you have the stronger you are???

Not that anyone else cares, but I finally realize that to increase my attack / def I just have to buy men. I thought it was done through the missions and buildings, which obviously its not.

Ramshutu
03-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Definately not interested in buying gold. @vBall, why drop allies? I thought the more allies you have the stronger you are???

Not that anyone else cares, but I finally realize that to increase my attack / def I just have to buy men. I thought it was done through the missions and buildings, which obviously its not.

With low allies, you can't get as high atk/def, but you won't show up on the rival lists of people with your number of allies, and are also high atk/def.

While you are weaker, your strong units are still taken to battle, but your weaker ones will not, making you 'relatively' stronger.

Everson25
03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Thank you Aidan for te links. For you sure they helped me to understand some parts of the game which I didn't understand yet. I'm not a new player but i was one of those players who were just worried to finish each mission as quick as possible. The result is that I reached level 49 and started being attacked for players much stronger than me.

The first thing i did was to slow down and camp for some time, plus I raised all my allies. I need to say that was really hard but i know that it was the only way to improve my stats. Now i reached the sum of 152k/hour which is still far away from what i saw around here but I know that i'm getting there. My next target is to reach 200k/hour but to get there i need to make some changes again.

That's way i like the forum lately because soon or later appears a subject about something related to my issues and at the same time it gives me the opportunity to share my thoughts and see that I'm not the only stupid....lol.