PDA

View Full Version : Gatling Gun & Missile Turret Upgrade

BigCheese
03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
at least what level should I upgrade gatling gun and missile turret to ?

Swifty
03-07-2012, 08:33 AM
It is a complicated subject.

I recommend Peacock's guide in the stickied "Best of the Best" series.

emcee
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Would suggest 7 hour level 3 gatling upgrade which yields a mafia defense of 50. Level 4 would boost defense to 62.5 but at a cost of a 12 hour 15 minutes upgrade time.

It may only be worthwhile to just leave missile turret at level 1 (42 defense) as level 2 yields a mafia defense boost of only 21 at an opportunity cost of 18 hours.

So level 4 gatling upgrade and level 2 missile upgrade is questionable. I would only consider this if your income buildings are pretty maxed out which is unlikely.

BigCheese
03-07-2012, 08:53 AM
thanks . thanks a millions thanks (need 10 char)

erik
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Stop at 1. Opportunity cost on economy is too high.

Dorian Gray
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Stop at 1. Opportunity cost on economy is too high.

As true as this is it's a price I'm willing to pay to bump up my defence. My economy has come to a grinding halt while I upgrade gatlings and build missiles. But in games I usually like to be well rounded so I'm used to the sacrifices it takes to accomplish that. What makes it hard is knowing I'm not getting the full value of my defense building upgrades.

Max Power
03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Many people look at this as a value from a timeline. I am not really sure when someone put a stopwatch on this game. Is there some sort of buzzer that will go off and the highest score at that point wins?

So, I upgrade a turret today, delaying a loft upgrade til tomorrow. What's the big deal? Is this a race?

Dorian Gray
03-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Many people look at this as a value from a timeline. I am not really sure when someone put a stopwatch on this game. Is there some sort of buzzer that will go off and the highest score at that point wins?

So, I upgrade a turret today, delaying a loft upgrade til tomorrow. What's the big deal? Is this a race?

Not untill TS came along. It's not a bad thing, but his ranking list has definitely brought economic growth into the competitive arena.

erik
03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Many people look at this as a value from a timeline. I am not really sure when someone put a stopwatch on this game.

Funzio put a stopwatch on each of my buildings for collection, my energy bar and my stamina bar. Also my VIP invite, my build status and my upgrade status. Not to mention my hood expansion. Also, the time in between when I can be attacked after 10 losses.

But thats it ;)

All kidding aside, everything you do in the game is based on time, or resources derived through activities or durations that occur over time. No matter what your goals are, no matter how you define the direction of winning, it is time based more than anything.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Time flies like an arrow.

But fruit flies like a banana.

Doc Rumpies
03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Back to the OP, I think it's definitely worthwhile to upgrade your gatling guns to level 2. I'm currently upgrading #46, and it does take some time at 4 hours each, but it is worth it to double the defense. You'll have to determine if level 3 is worth it for you, I might eventually upgrade some off them up there, but not until well after my economy is booming.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Is it worth it if it does not double your real defense?

Doc Rumpies
03-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Crime City Mark has stated unequivocally that people's thoughts on how the defense works are wrong. I choose to take him at his word, and, personally, my success at defending robberies and attacks support his view far more than it supports the opinions of some on this forum. Even if the views of some of the forum users were true, the low cost and time involved in each upgrade would still be worth it in my opinion.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 05:17 PM
@ Doc Rumpies

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

My lack of success at defending robberies and attacks supports Peacock's analysis (in the stickied "Best of Best" series) more than it does your interpretation of Crime City Mark's statements.

Doc Rumpies
03-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Fair enough, sorry people are beating you up haha

Swifty
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
It is what the game is about.

People steal from me and I steal from other people (and usually not the same people who stole from me).

Santa
03-10-2012, 02:59 PM
It is what the game is about.

People steal from me and I steal from other people (and usually not the same people who stole from me).

Aren't we such a happy family?

Swifty
03-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes, we are.

i need muney
03-10-2012, 11:30 PM
level 2. level 3 if you have nothing else to do.

Nudie
03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
I can usually consistently rob someone with defense 10K more than my attack. I might fail 20% of the time but at the end of the day the buildings are robbed. I wouldn't invest too much in defense buildings. Have some but really not worth too much time or money.