PDA

View Full Version : Been Hearing Things

Al boss
03-07-2012, 05:01 AM
As the title suggests ive been hearing things or rather reading them, some total accusations and other subtle hints, with reference toa glitch, possibly 2 months old, not entirely gamechanging but a good boost in regards to Khungs method of looting the m4a1.

Of course in no way am I accusing Khung or anyone for that matter of glitching, but I want to know is Funzio aware of this possible gltich and/or what you guys and gals think or have read/heard about such a thing.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 05:41 AM
As the title suggests ive been hearing things or rather reading them, some total accusations and other subtle hints, with reference toa glitch, possibly 2 months old, not entirely gamechanging but a good boost in regards to Khungs method of looting the m4a1.

Of course in no way am I accusing Khung or anyone for that matter of glitching, but I want to know is Funzio aware of this possible gltich and/or what you guys and gals think or have read/heard about such a thing.
Hey bro, looking at the fact that you are new here, this is going to go in two directions,
1: You will be banned from the forums for a limited time for revealing or speaking of glitches.
2: You will be warned because you are new.

SO the right thing to do is, IF you come across a glitch, hack, or anything similar if you wish, you Report it to support@funzio.com.

What you dont do is discuss it on the forums. If you remember your very first post here on the forums, I said this.

Four things you should not speak of in order of importance:
1)The 90lb mole on Johnny Sac's wife's as$
2)G Wiz's situation
3)Glitches that are to be reported to the devs NOT the forums
4)"Thy who shall not be named" and players that have been banned are to NOT be spoken about.

Dillinja
03-07-2012, 05:53 AM
I dont understand why the big hoo-hah over a glitch...it's funzio's job to fix and players job to take advantage while it's there.
Apple is not allowed to ban anyone who take advantage of an exploit and Jailbreak their phones.

Dishing out bans to members who speak about a glitch is abhorrent and stanilist imo

Swifty
03-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Never underestimate the power of Stalinism.

upsman_17
03-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Dishing out bans to members who speak about a glitch is abhorrent and stanilist imo

While I wont speak of these things myself for fear of being banned, I couldn't agree with you more.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 06:48 AM
I dont understand why the big hoo-hah over a glitch...it's funzio's job to fix and players job to take advantage while it's there.
Apple is not allowed to ban anyone who take advantage of an exploit and Jailbreak their phones.

I respect your opinion, Dillinja dont get me wrong, but regardless it's the forum rules. Im not the one who made them, I just follow them as should everyone else who values helping eachother out on the forum, just my two cents.

CounterSniper
03-07-2012, 07:18 AM
So is that supposed to mean he was cheating after figuring out what "the guy he mentioned" was alluding to and he was overridden by guilt and then turned himself in to the Funzio Authorities but instead of keeping quiet came here to tell everyone that and to also point out that since he was able to cheat using "the guy he mentioned" comments everyone who thought "the guy he mentioned" was crazy are wrong. Which now kinda forces Funzio's hand in dealing out punishment to him if and when they read his online confession/brag post.

Is that what I just read. I'm really not quite sure. Can anyone clarify?

Just realized this was on the wrong thread but kinda glad cuz I dont think I want to be associated with that confession in any way shape or form. (Double Decker thread confession)

Swifty
03-07-2012, 07:23 AM
I am unable to clarify.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 07:35 AM
So is that supposed to mean he was cheating after figuring out what "the guy he mentioned" was alluding to and he was overridden by guilt and then turned himself in to the Funzio Authorities but instead of keeping quiet came here to tell everyone that and to also point out that since he was able to cheat using "the guy he mentioned" comments everyone who thought "the guy he mentioned" was crazy are wrong. Which now kinda forces Funzio's hand in dealing out punishment to him if and when they read his online confession/brag post.

Is that what I just read. I'm really not quite sure. Can anyone clarify?

Just realized this was on the wrong thread but kinda glad cuz I dont think I want to be associated with that confession in any way shape or form.
+1 to CounterSniper grabbed your L118 and quickscoped the ish into my brain. I think you are right even though its on the wrong thread. lOl

CounterSniper
03-07-2012, 07:41 AM
+1 to CounterSniper grabbed your L118 and quickscoped the ish into my brain. I think you are right even though its on the wrong thread. lOl

That is the most amazingly bizarre forum post I have encountered on here thus far.

His, not yours.

I need a drink.

Swifty, line em up!

dudeman
03-07-2012, 07:51 AM

From what I've been seeing, there is a monthS old "exploit" that some people use to super-farm loot. My eyes aren't the greatest though, so maybe I am seeing wrong.

Whatever the exploit is, if there is one, no one has outright stated exactly how to get the advantage. Except for apparently one person, in an email to Funzio.

What I don't understand is, if this is months old and hasn't been changed or fixed, how is it an exploit? Other unintended game behaviours often get fixed or altered overnight.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 07:55 AM
That is the most amazingly bizarre forum post I have encountered on here thus far.

His, not yours.

I need a drink.

Swifty, line em up!
Let me get a shot of that absinthe too while youre at it.
PS."Thy who shall not be named" isnt khung, its Payam. lol

I liked khung, though have the time i couldnt understand him.

CounterSniper
03-07-2012, 09:05 AM

I never specifically mention names or glitches, particularly in the same comment. Bad Karma.. lol

Dillinja
03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
If you look at Khung's original post, a lot of people 'tried' his method and some continued and some went back to what they believe works for them. TS has said a million times that game data hasnt changed and yet we get a post a day on the subject of 'why cant I loot a million M4's in one hit'. If Khungs exploit did work and if people did use to the extreme it sure as hell would have been fixed like the time funzio nerfed the Mossberg.
If the glitch as good as the guy says it is, either put up or shut up.

G Wiz
03-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Indeed khung was a character. I tried that method to myself with not much avail though.

Al boss
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
As been mentioned the glitch/method has been reported.numerous times, therefore what is being done about it?

Joeycool
03-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Why is every one going on with all this cryptic talk! You are all confusing my tiny little brain!

Al boss
03-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Dont want to get banned for talking about something that may possibly be a glitch

Joeycool
03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Ah! Right... you are being possibly vague and secretive in a vague kind of sneaky way because there may possibly be a glitch that if you directly mention you all possibly might get banned. Or at least its a possibility.

schnuffler
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Dont want to get banned for talking about something that may possibly be a glitch

You did start a thread about it though?

I would say that's a great way to get banned. From the game (not the forums). Permanently. It's not that uncommon for game developers to ban players for over-exploiting bugs.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
+1 schnuffler

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Cant say I didnt warn yah, then dillinja over there makes me look like a villan!

Dillinja
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Cant say I didnt warn yah, then dillinja over there makes me look like a villan!
My post wasnt directed at you Ghost, it was directed at the guy who made a thread about having sleepless nights over a glitch....sheesh, people have sleepless nights about not being able to pay their rent or put food on the table and this guy is having sleepless nights about a possible glitch in a game and then making a cryptic thread about it....You see where i'm coming from

Fig Oni
03-07-2012, 04:43 PM
If there is glitches then lets hear it otherwise stop this nonsense as you are accusing people with more then 50 m4 a cheat.
I have 40 and one thing for sure they are a dame pain to collect.
In a day there is 24 hour or 3600 min that means daily your energy will be 11800 per 24 hour if you waste none.
So the question is in all honestly how many M4's can I on average collect per day with that amount of energy used exclusively on M4 farming

downrange
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I have been vague in order to avoid hints which might ultimately disclose the method involved.

Some clarifications surrounding the topic though:
- I don't know of any rule against discussing glitches/exploits/etc on the forum.
I sure can't point to which guideline that would fall under.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?6199-Posting-Guidelines
If feels like there probably should be a rule against those kinds of topics, but apparently there is not.
- I've chosen not to explain the method on the forum.
- I have reported the full details to Funzio developers.
- I discovered the method on my own.
- I am only assuming that it relates to, or is the same as "khung's method" --it may not be.
- There is no reason to believe that anyone else knows of or is using my method
The "fair warning to anyone who may be.... " was a blind warning.
I think that may have suggested to people that there is some huge issue going on, or that use of this method is rampant, which simply doesn't appear to be the case. Sorry if my comments mislead anyone into that impression.

Dillinja
03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
You did start a thread about it though?

I would say that's a great way to get banned. From the game (not the forums). Permanently. It's not that uncommon for game developers to ban players for over-exploiting bugs.

Name and shame...I've yet to be banned from a game where if I knew of an exploit and I used it to my advantage and got banned for it. It's not the end user's fault that the software company hasn't ironed out the issues.
Using hacks or IAP cracker on the other hand and getting banned for that is understandable (not that IAP cracker works on this game)

Swifty
03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
For rules against discussing exploits and glitches, consult the last post in the numerous threads locked because of such discussions.

Dillinja
03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I have been vague in order to avoid hints which might ultimately disclose the method involved.

- I don't know of any rule against discussing glitches/exploits/etc on the forum.
If feels like there probably should be a rule against those kinds of topics, but apparently there is not.
- I've chosen not to explain the method on the forum.
- I have reported the full details to Funzio developers.
- I discovered the method on my own.
- I am only assuming that it relates to, or is the same as "khung's method" --it may not be.
- There is no reason to believe that anyone else knows of or is using my method
The "fair warning to anyone who may be.... " was a blind warning.
I think that may have suggested to people that there is some huge issue going on, or that use of this method is rampant, which simply doesn't appear to be the case. Sorry if my comments mislead anyone into that impression.

Stop digging mate, that hole is getting bigger and bigger...

SupremeFaze
03-07-2012, 05:05 PM
can i be banned about speaking about being bad? just finshes a 2 day bid lol
Hey bro, looking at the fact that you are new here, this is going to go in two directions,
1: You will be banned from the forums for a limited time for revealing or speaking of glitches.
2: You will be warned because you are new.

SO the right thing to do is, IF you come across a glitch, hack, or anything similar if you wish, you Report it to support@funzio.com.

What you dont do is discuss it on the forums. If you remember your very first post here on the forums, I said this.

jobadass
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM

Wait, I'm new. Can't say "Payam"??? The guy is a legend...:(

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Wait, I'm new. Can't say "Payam"??? The guy is a legend...:(
No of course you can, if you want to be added to the daily beatdown and get spam all over your wall that some random person ordered a hit on you.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM

Here is some food for the soul:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21192-How-do-I-report-a-cheat-or-an-error&p=127673#post127673
Look at the last post for this one.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21212-Legitimate-or-NOT...-you-decide!!!&p=127623#post127623
Last post for this one too

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20108-BABYTWAY-has-found-a-way-to-reset-the-timer-on-the-event.....&p=118034#post118034

And you can read this whole thread.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?19983-I-need-some-people-Opinion&p=116691&highlight=report+support#post116691
This one says we shouldnt call out specific players on the forums.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
This one is my favorite:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20655-The-Glit-ched-Th-read&p=123155#post123155

CJ54 explains why you are going to be banned.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
This one is my favorite:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20655-The-Glit-ched-Th-read&p=123155#post123155

+1 exactly what I was looking for.

CounterSniper
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
+1 exactly what I was looking for.

+2..............

Nicholost
03-07-2012, 07:07 PM
This one is my favorite:

If you post it here, on the forums, you will be banned. If you discuss it, likewise. The reason you will be banned is because, by posting it here on the forums, you inadvertently encourage people to go looking for this kind of thing. Or it's not a glitch, and we get a bunch of false flag reports on things that are working as intended. This is NOT appreciated.

It does not matter why you're posting it. If you want the issue fixed, for example, drop us that email I talked about earlier. crimecity-ios-support@funzio.com, the issue will get seen to faster and with less teeth-gnashing for everyone.

Technically, downrange is worthy of being banned just for posting on the forum that he found a glitch/exploit/loophole/4-leaf-clover because it "encourages people to go looking for it." The best course of action if he were following the rules to a "T" would have been to email funzio and say nothing more. That's what ghost was advising. But he brought the forums in on it, which started another drop rate wild goose chase. Despite the claimed intentions, that feels a little weird. I think that's what Dillinja is pointing out.

My vote: Stop dangling the carrot and just come out with it. My hunch tells me that this isn't much of an exploit and is probably more of a coincidence, if even that. And if you do get banned because of it, okay, start another account. It's just a ban from the forums. Even if it's a ban game, well, you gotta sleep in the bed you made. But gosh man, saying "I know something you guys don't know," even if you didn't explicitly say it, just isn't cool. Good example in keeping secrets a secret, eh.

downrange
03-07-2012, 07:25 PM
+3 I wonder if you folks are reading what you're linking, though. Different issues, folks. Related, sure, but different issues. Thankfully Mark, CJ and crew so far seem to understand as I do, the difference between reporting a "cheater" and talking around (not even about) an exploit.

I'll highlight again that my interest was in discussing how khung's method ultimately appears to have had merit. The forum members who more recently were denigrating that thread, and spinning it into authoritative statements about odds and human stupidity... might want to check themselves just a touch on that. They are mostly right, but casting slightly too wide a net.

This discussion really did spin off away from where I was hoping though, and my message had to be subtle to have impact, which didn't really happen, and so now it's just lost. Probably not much value in continuing on this.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 11:51 PM
+3 I wonder if you folks are reading what you're linking, though. Different issues, folks. Related, sure, but different issues. Thankfully Mark, CJ and crew so far seem to understand as I do, the difference between reporting a "cheater" and talking around (not even about) an exploit.

I'll highlight again that my interest was in discussing how khung's method ultimately appears to have had merit. The forum members who more recently were denigrating that thread, and spinning it into authoritative statements about odds and human stupidity... might want to check themselves just a touch on that. They are mostly right, but casting slightly too wide a net.

This discussion really did spin off away from where I was hoping though, and my message had to be subtle to have impact, which didn't really happen, and so now it's just lost. Probably not much value in continuing on this.
Im not saying that you should be banned, because you didnt actually say or do anything YOU actually reported whatever you found to the staff. But in my opinion just by letting us know that something like this exists, can make some people go on a searching/feeding frenzy and make them curious enough to try and find similar things. I was refering to the new guy who started this thread not you. Just discussing glitches/exlpoits/hacks blah blah blah can get you banned, so I told him dont go searching or talking on the forums, if he has anything to reveal he can go to the staff...Like i said, the links have nothing to do with your speech, BUT you did claim there was no such rules that you can get banned for talking about glitches. I rest my case.

CounterSniper
03-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Im not saying that you should be banned, because you didnt actually say or do anything YOU actually reported whatever you found to the staff. But in my opinion just by letting us know that something like this exists, can make some people go on a searching/feeding frenzy and make them curious enough to try and find similar things. I was refering to the new guy who started this forum not you. Just discussing glitches/exlpoits/hacks blah blah blah can get you banned, so I told him dont go searching or talking on the forums, if he has anything to reveal he can go to the staff...Like i said, the links have nothing to do with your speech, BUT you did claim there was no such rules that you can get banned for talking about glitches. I rest my case.

+1...........

Al boss
03-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Downrage you shouldnt be banned you have notified the forum
of yout intention. I should not of created this thresd about the issue.

Btw Ghost thankyou for being so helpful and informative to us new members, there needs to be more people like you :)

As well I think speak for all of us when I say that this discussion should and will go no further.

Swifty
03-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Just when it gets really interesting then it stops.