PDA

View Full Version : Double Decker

Gbeam3
03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Are these still loot able? Since the lockbox event I have not had one drop.

schnuffler
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes they're definitely still lootable. Where are you trying to loot them from?

Joeycool
03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
use this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Zt3JFNCsmdHNRLXRrRGlPT0huczI5N290MTQ1d Hc#gid=3

Gbeam3
03-06-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm level 84 so I can not get to the army base but I have been hitting the airport hard. I'm a big fat effing O'er since the lock box event started. Seems like M4s have been hard to come by also. Maybe it's a fluke.

Bruiser
03-06-2012, 07:22 PM
This is what i have found. I loot from Leila in the Red Light District. IF i transferred my game from iPad to Iphone and dump my 1900 energy i found i didnt get a single drop...Now if i Transferred from iPad to Iphone and restarted my game after initally loading i found i would get my average 3-4 sometimes 5 DD's from her. Weird i know but i found on a transfer and single load i got nothing, loaded twice and she dropped for me.

erik
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
As of today, I am at 7.48/day avg. and just hit 200. She is doing just fine if you are playing on 2.2.

downrange
03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
If only i was willing to invest $15mil in this. *sigh*

erik
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I guess it all depends on your M4 situation. No rush if you are still farming.

downrange
03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm [basically (450+) ] done with M4, started DD farming at Empire Central (Seymour) and wish I could justify the investment to farm Leila instead. I peg the value of DD's at about $23mil each, so it should be a justifiable investment @ $15 mil to even get the first Leila DD drop, but for whatever reason I just can't seem to save up for it. meh.

dudeman
03-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I could stop farming M4A1s right now, but I still get roughly 2/11 from them so I'm going to keep going until I get the ~50 more that I need.

I could spend all my savings, about $15M to open DDs, or I could continue reinvesting in my economy.

I want to put it towards upgrades and saving for hotels, but if I don't open a new worthwhile farm job I will soon have very little use for my energy other than mastering the maps.

On the topic of DDs, would anyone care to share some input on my current situation? Open DDs but pause my economy, or continue investing in my economy but potentially waste energy by doing unrewarding jobs?

schnuffler
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
On the topic of DDs, would anyone care to share some input on my current situation? Open DDs but pause my economy, or continue investing in my economy but potentially waste energy by doing unrewarding jobs?

I don't know your exact situation with your economy, but 15mill doesn't take all that long to save. Buy each vehicle as you get the cash for it and it doesn't seem like such a big goal??

You definitely don't want to be wasting your energy on useless stuff

Bruiser
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Dudeman go for the DD's buddy you will be rewarded from Leila.

Swifty
03-06-2012, 10:15 PM
It just feels like it takes forever to save $15 million.

dudeman
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Buy each vehicle as you get the cash for it and it doesn't seem like such a big goal??

Yeah, I thought about that a little after posting that question. I had not yet checked out the items required. It turns out I only need about 40-43 M4A1s though, so I'll have to get access to Leila's DDs ASAP. I recently decided to dump a lot of time and cash into loft and MT upgrades, but that might have to wait now.

I've become so used to farming the M4s that I didn't even realize how close I am to being finished with them. I should have started planning for the end a little bit sooner.

What's after DDs? :D

downrange
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
@dudeman I think investing the $15mil is the smart move in your situation. I'm in nearly the same situation and it'd be the smart move for me, except that I'm in ... nearly the same situation as you once were. No offense, but with the benefit of hindsight, I don't think that was handled quite as professionally as it could have been (i'm trying to be polite here, please recognize that and be polite, in turn). And I have opted to tell the development team all about it, rather than risk another mossberg-level event blowing up all over the scene.

Fair warning to anyone who may currently be exploit-farming though. I expect your days are numbered. Panic accordingly. What I discovered, I discovered on my own. And although I had a few thoughts on holding it all back, and possibly coyly milking some community recognition and exposing 'khung's method' for what it really was - a cheat - I disclosed the details of my findings to Funzio, and them only, and that's how it'll stay.

My prison is to never know how widespread this exploit was known, or how relevant my disclosure was... and to not know how long I could've silently used it for my own secret advantage. But I'll say this. It destroyed the game for me, so don't anyone wish you knew what I know! And thank me for not telling anyone past the development team. It's the only professional way to handle this. And you will all be better off for it. Enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, as I'm sure 99.99% of your fellow players will.

That said, I still desperately want to send a quick lash out at the various folks who've been poking fun of khung. This is the only reason I'll continue to discuss this any further. Unless I'm way off base, khung clearly discovered this over two months before I did, and gave the entire forum community 90% of the keys to the puzzle. He actually did a masterful job of disclosing that he had found an exploit, without stating he had found an exploit, and most players ate it up and wanted to follow directly in his footsteps for the first several weeks. All while he seemingly left the precise amount of plausible deniability to get away without being branded a cheat or a hack. Absolutely masterful. My tip of the hat to you, sir. Yes, the broken english helped his case, but that's not it. He did a supreme job of laying out the right conditions for the 'sploit without giving anyone enough information to duplicate it without applying some critical thinking skills and just plain getting lucky.

I could still say a lot more with almost no risk of spoiling the ending, but I'll leave it there for now. I hold the cards here; my prerogative. And I plan to give Funzio all the time they need to resolve the issue. If that means I never get to release full disclosure, so be it. But I at least wanted to send the signal that those of you ridiculing khung are going too far, and having done that, I think I might be satisfied for now.

I have no idea if I'll be able to pick up my iPhone and play for fun tomorrow morning, but tomorrow is a new day, and I'll see what that brings. Having typed this out should help me sleep easier tonight though, and if you Funzio (Mark, CJ, etc) want to crucify me for it, I accept that, or if you the community want to do similarly, fine. At least I got to speak my mind on the issue, which for me boils down to... khung was right, and every party with a skin in the game here either gave him a free pass or branded him a loon so far that I know. And what I discovered recently flies in the face of both of those. Bravo to you again, khung. Bravo.

Max Power
03-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Holy crap....

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Nice speech, even though I don't get what's going on. Did he just say we can't farm anymore?

Fricco
03-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Nice speech, even though I don't get what's going on. Did he just say we can't farm anymore?
Hahahaha... although i didnt read the whole speech i read enough to understand he wanted to get something off his chest. Good for you.

Dudeman, not sure what your income is but i am just finishing building my 2 hotels then
i will save for DD, i worry my economy will suffer that week but the addition to my stats will
benefit heavily. IF you are a HL player you have to spend time on both to stay somewhat competitive...
IMO that is.

upsman_17
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM

I'm equally confused.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 06:24 AM
I was confused before I read it, and I am still confused.

upsman_17
03-07-2012, 07:02 AM
I was confused before I read it, and I am still confused.

I just went back and read the 1st 6 pages of the Khung post and am even more confused than my last confusion.....and that's saying something. I don't see anything in there that could be construed as cheating. Maybe that aspect was on page 7.

downrange
03-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Yah, I apparently was too vague, and re-reading it, I agree it's confusing. If it releases some of the confusion, I discovered on my own last week, how to farm items at near 100% efficiency / drop-rate.

The forum-relevant aspect to me, is the striking similarities to khung's "How I loot the M4A1s" method/thread, which has been read and attempted by numerous players over the past few months.

Everything else I have to say should be in my prior post, which hopefully(?) makes more sense now.

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 07:58 AM
I see. But what does that have to do with us regular farmers wasting our energy and time on leila? OR am i understanding wrong and it has to do with khungs philosophy?

dudeman
03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
What I don't understand is if this business of "super-farming" is months old, how is it an exploit? Seems like just something else that will eventually be shared on the forum, more explicitly than it apparently already has been.

Swifty
03-07-2012, 08:23 AM
And then someone's account gets reset.

Max Power
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I would rather suck than try and figure this cryptic crap out.

schnuffler
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Lots of Stuff...

tl;dr: He knows something you don't know ... nerr nerr

Joeycool
03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Stay away from them pesky acid tabs downrange! They are messing your head up!

Ghost818
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
I would rather suck than try and figure this cryptic crap out.\
Agreed.

erik
03-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Or at least suck a little and not get reset. :/