PDA

View Full Version : How did he got high level ships?

Desas
03-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I have spent some time attacking for money (boy it's fun to get 300k per attack).

What surprised me was that I have caught one guy ~L40 having 3rd level shipyard but in his units list there was cruisers/amphibious hovercrafts/STEALTH FRIGATES etc (just several of each); same for air and ground units, low level building - but high level units.

These units I cannot obtain unit I am level 4-5-6 with my shipyard...

So how come he got these units?

Btw, he had 10 millions in cash (thanks to him for not upgrading his vault)
And he had only ~3K def

If he would be some kind of cheater/hacker/etc he would have tons of high level units.

So don't even know what to think...

P.S. MY GOD - the death rate of valor units is 20% in 1.4 - every 5th battle or so I lost valor unit - just unlucky???

digitalwalker
03-06-2012, 02:28 AM
He build his high level buildings in last version which were allowed.

And I bet ur attack is no more than 6k

Desas
03-06-2012, 02:42 AM
digitwalker - it's clear for me about the buildings (like drydocs etc) - that's not what I meant

stealth frigate or cruiser they all come from shipyard - all you need is certain level of shipyard.

You mean before that you only needed to build a level 1shipyard and you got the access to all ships????

What do think about his $ millions? He has income of 40k, how the hell he managed to save 10millions without being noticed?

for the attack: mine is ~3,5K - does that mean I should be loosing a unit every battle :(

digitalwalker
03-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Oh, sorry I didn't look carefully. In that case I have no idea. But may be he sold his high level shipyard before? I did something like this once because I was in a very need of cash.

Holding 10m without been noticed, there r quite a few occasions he might be able to. And without some exact info, I have can't say which one. 1) he saved his cash when he was powerful in low ally region, and he just added allies and exposed to more powerful players. 2) he bough cash using dollar 3) he has some constant cash cow on his feed list, I have a lot:) 4) he forgot to vault his cash , etc. it is very possible to hold 10m in a weak players hand and you should glad of this.

If u have 3.5k attack , and with that 20% loss, if regard of how many u have, I would say u r lucky for not losing more. If I were u, I won't tought someone has defence of 1/2 of my attack scores.

Desas
03-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the reply - and for the ideas :)

About the attack - when I saw 10million with his 3k def and my 3.5 att I wanted to give a try and 300k per attack is worth trying :)
Btw my valor unit haven't died in these attacks...

For death rate you think that it's related to my relatively not so high attack score even if comparing to my rival list - I could agree with that, but WHY my valor units are now so exposed - in my previous ~900 attacks I only lost couple of seahawks and avengers (not talking about stalkers), and now I am loosing way way more...

digitalwalker
03-06-2012, 03:59 AM
No at all, and I didn't help much, having as much knowledge as u.

What ur attack skill point? How many r those valor units u have? And what's the portionality of them occupied ur active army?

To be honest, I don't feel confidence to answer ur question as I have little experience on Seahawks and avengers, and in general they meant to die faster than units from advanced buildings, and this dieing speed growth as ur army growth as well as theirs proportionality growth, in a big scale pvp, theirs death probably covered ur more expensive units death which is the origin of meat shield.

Desas
03-06-2012, 04:11 AM
My last ~200 attacks or so:

Att: 2.5-3.5 - contantly growing so cannot say that in all my previous attacks I had 3.5att
Att skill: 42

Valor:
10: Eagles
20: Avengers/Boats/Seahawks
30: SHornets

60 allies = 240 units = 100 valor + 140 cash = 100v + ~50ATroopers + ~50meatshields (warthog/frigate/bradley)+~50high value (20osprey, 20 cruisers, 10 loot mountain tank/fighter/etc)

Before that I had max ally count and lots of meat shield - and my valor hasn't died so quickly - now it's another story

digitalwalker
03-06-2012, 04:24 AM
again, i cant give an aboslute correct answer and only by rough estimations

in the case of u which u dont have a greatpower, casualty rate plays in a normal way:

when u had max ally numbers, ur meatshileds are much weaker than ur Avenger/seahawks, so ur meatshield indeed played the role of shields.

when u cut off ur ally numbers, ur current supposed meatshields are in a very close stats,casualty rate with ur Avenger/seahawks, hence, who is the true meatshield is hard to tell. and ur valor units r no longer protected.

Aidan
03-06-2012, 04:46 AM
My last ~200 attacks or so:

Att: 2.5-3.5 - contantly growing so cannot say that in all my previous attacks I had 3.5att
Att skill: 42

Valor:
10: Eagles
20: Avengers/Boats/Seahawks
30: SHornets

60 allies = 240 units = 100 valor + 140 cash = 100v + ~50ATroopers + ~50meatshields (warthog/frigate/bradley)+~50high value (20osprey, 20 cruisers, 10 loot mountain tank/fighter/etc)

Before that I had max ally count and lots of meat shield - and my valor hasn't died so quickly - now it's another story

Wht is ur casualty rate like when u attck people wif 1.5k def n lower? Do u still lose unit? By right, u shudnt. Try do a sample of say 10 each of each percentage 75%, 50% n below 50% of ur att.

I was attcking with full valor n didnt lose any unit if they r below 50% of my att.

Desas
03-06-2012, 04:52 AM
I know that it's theoretical discusion and more sharing the ideas than finding the "exact" answers...but

My point was that I had 100 valor + 100 shields + 50 slowly growing number of high value units

so I was expecting that this 100 shields set will do the dying
..based on our unofficial casualty rate sheet:

bradley = 0.02814
warthog = 0.02278
atrooper = 0.0200

avenger = 0.0133
seahawk = 0.0075
eagle = 0.0045
boat = 0.004

So for the time being I would more stick to the idea that you have to have way bigger attack comparing to rival defence if you want to loose reasonable amount of troops - otherwise no meatshields will help you :)

Desas
03-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Wht is ur casualty rate like when u attck people wif 1.5k def n lower? Do u still lose unit? By right, u shudnt. Try do a sample of say 10 each of each percentage 75%, 50% n below 50% of ur att.

I was attcking with full valor n didnt lose any unit if they r below 50% of my att.

to be honest newer did % selection - always looking for cash and finding=attacking (except if his deff > my att)

will try now and come back with the answer - have only 7 action points so be patient :)

and my device is at home :) and I am not at home now :)

Aidan
03-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Lol. Ok. Ur device must be ipad thn 😉

Of coz, it's always about cash. Bt sometimes if they r too close, thn getting the money wont be worthwhile. Unless u get 3 mill in 10 att. Bt i still wont trade 3 of my super hornets fr 3 mill

Tim @ MW
03-06-2012, 05:07 AM
I know that it's theoretical discusion and more sharing the ideas than finding the "exact" answers...but

My point was that I had 100 valor + 100 shields + 50 slowly growing number of high value units

so I was expecting that this 100 shields set will do the dying
..based on our unofficial casualty rate sheet:

bradley = 0.02814
warthog = 0.02278
atrooper = 0.0200

avenger = 0.0133
seahawk = 0.0075
eagle = 0.0045
boat = 0.004

So for the time being I would more stick to the idea that you have to have way bigger attack comparing to rival defence if you want to loose reasonable amount of troops - otherwise no meatshields will help you :)

Your meat shields have about 5x casualty rate of you valor units. So for every 5x regular unit death you will have 1 valor unit dying. About right?

Desas
03-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Lol. Ok. Ur device must be ipad thn 

Of coz, it's always about cash. Bt sometimes if they r too close, thn getting the money wont be worthwhile. Unless u get 3 mill in 10 att. Bt i still wont trade 3 of my super hornets fr 3 mill

agree to that - I'd say 1 super hornet = 2mil

and don't laugh from me :)
I'm just learning :)

As usualy it's easier to learn from my own mistakes than from mistakes of others :D

Desas
03-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Your meat shields have about 5x casualty rate of you valor units. So for every 5x regular unit death you will have 1 valor unit dying. About right?

Yep - 4-6 normal death and 1 valor afterwards

But then the game engine is clever enough to keep the history of my previous rates????

Aidan
03-06-2012, 06:04 AM
agree to that - I'd say 1 super hornet = 2mil

and don't laugh from me :)
I'm just learning :)

As usualy it's easier to learn from my own mistakes than from mistakes of others :D

Oh no. Dont get me wrong. Am nt laughing at u. It's just a lol. Just thought i add lol to ok rather thn just ok. U got wht i mean? We all r still learning frm our own experience. In fact i thnk u r doing just fine. With MW, nobody cn say tht they knw everythng since there r lots of thngs tht r still mysterious. Like the skill points, def building etc

Desas
03-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Oh no. Dont get me wrong. Am nt laughing at u. It's just a lol. Just thought i add lol to ok rather thn just ok. U got wht i mean? We all r still learning frm our own experience. In fact i thnk u r doing just fine. With MW, nobody cn say tht they knw everythng since there r lots of thngs tht r still mysterious. Like the skill points, def building etc

Sure - no problem with the laughing from me, from MW or from anything else :)

I am very self critical - and self laughing :D

I guess we will see our "theories" laughing from us...

Tim @ MW
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Yep - 4-6 normal death and 1 valor afterwards

But then the game engine is clever enough to keep the history of my previous rates????

No it does not have to keep track of history. Just how probability works.

Desas
03-06-2012, 10:30 AM
No it does not have to keep track of history. Just how probability works.

Yep - I would agree on probability theory which works blindly (although my 200 last fights are mathematically too few to say that - but somehow very exact percentage was applied :)

But then it's even more disappointing to know that it selects just on this principle...

I mean until meat shields are reasonably in numbers they should die, and only when "front line is breached the generals begin to die"

I guess in real modern war... precision bombing, clever mines, drones, gps orientied battle plans...my front line expectations are outdated :D

Oh well... it's just a game :cool:

Flipmode
03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
If you have Americans in your ally list then your non-frontline units have an increased possibility of dying from friendly fire incidents.

Aidan
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
If you have Americans in your ally list then your non-frontline units have an increased possibility of dying from friendly fire incidents.

LOL. I bet the brits will die the most. As they were in the real war

War Priest
03-07-2012, 09:53 AM
LOL. I bet the brits will die the most. As they were in the real war

Actually they have a good military, and special forces.

War Priest
03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't think it's a wise idea to speak about other people's counties on here like that.

Aidan
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Actually they have a good military, and special forces.

The americans? Indeed they hv. They hv the most advanced tech n the biggest army in the world. Bt in the last iraq war, they did killd quite a number of brits's soldiers in friendly fire.

Neway, this is just a cheeky banter. Lol. I mean no disrespect to any soldiers or ex soldiers here

Aidan
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't think it's a wise idea to speak about other people's counties on here like that.

U probably right. I do apologize to any who feel offended

War Priest
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
The americans? Indeed they hv. They hv the most advanced tech n the biggest army in the world. Bt in the last iraq war, they did killd quite a number of brits's soldiers in friendly fire.

Neway, this is just a cheeky banter. Lol. I mean no disrespect to any soldiers or ex soldiers here

No I was speaking about the British military. And I know you didn't mean harm, but people might get offended over content like that. And I don't want that to happen. :)