PDA

View Full Version : In response to the general futility on the forums.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 06:03 PM
As time goes by and, certain more well endowed people will continue to keep buying gold items....

And everyone else won't.

The people who can't afford gold still won't be able to afford gold.

The people who can afford gold get stronger and stronger

6 months from now when everyone else is still poor and the rich people who are still rich have all the power. Who is going to turn around and pay the poor people to play? let alone there is no reason now, what will the reason be than?

It's a great idea, a true money maker. But it cannot last. You have to address the inevitable issue of time. Chances are the same people will continue to buy gold. If the same people buy gold and time goes buy, they have power over you, that you either have to invent time travel (while freezing everything else in time) or put in more money than the last high roller.

What is the reason for everyone else to play or continue playing. Especially since it seems free players reach the higher levels AS IS and quit. Word will spread what "end game" is like. As time passes less people feeling the game out, more people know what happens. Than the gold players start to get pissed at how little the population is or choices. And they are the cause of it, buying items to be king.

That is high unstable. And inevitable.

As I typed all of this, It comes clear that we are all gambling. It's amazingly gray but 100% crystal clear we are gambling. Or else we would have a goal.... Aside from possible being better.

My advice to anyone. If you don't have a few thousand real life dollars to throw around, Don't even begin. Because there is no possible way to ever get true value or use out of it. It's gambling.

Euchred
03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I mainly play for the economic aspect, It's the only reason I'm leveling up or buying gold.

I plobably won't let my camper get much past level 100 ever.

They're are lots of gold buyers at level 150 or higher and I almost don't see anyone without a level 100+ gold building.

Swifty
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
General Futility?

I knew him before he got promoted, he was only Colonel Futility back then.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I mainly play for the economic aspect, It's the only reason I'm leveling up or buying gold.

I plobably won't let my camper get much past level 100 ever.

They're are lots of gold buyers at level 150 or higher and I almost don't see anyone without a level 100+ gold building.

That's a real fresh perspective. I would stay under 100 but nadiya doesn't put out enough.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
My goal is to not get robbed. Past that I don't know. Thinking probably is more disruptive than good. If there was a goal that funzio had in mind for us. What would it be though. Haha.

Lol swifty

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
As time goes by and, certain more well endowed people will continue to keep buying gold items....

And everyone else won't.

6 months from now when everyone else is still poor and the rich people who are still rich have all the power. Who is going to turn around and pay the poor people to play? let alone there is no reason now, what will the reason be than?

It's a great idea, a true money maker. But it cannot last. You have to address the inevitable issue of time. Chances are the same people will continue to buy gold. If the same people buy gold and time goes buy, they have power over you, that you either have to invent time travel (while freezing everything else in time) or put in more money than the last high roller.

What is the reason for everyone else to play or continue playing. Especially since it seems free players reach the higher levels AS IS and quit. Word will spread what "end game" is like. As time passes less people feeling the game out, more people know what happens. Than the gold players start to get pissed at how little the population is or choices. And they are the cause of it, buying items to be king.

That is high unstable. And inevitable.

As I typed all of this, It comes clear that we are all gambling. It's amazingly gray but 100% crystal clear we are gambling. Or else we would have a goal.... Aside from possible being better.

My advice to anyone. If you don't have a few thousand real life dollars to throw around, Don't even begin. Because there is no possible way to ever get true value or use out of it. It's gambling.

I agree with you totally and I have bought gold.

Whoopdido1980
03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I've thought about this many times. There is no ending to this game. The only ending I can come up with is to accomplish all the goals. People say the goals are a waste of time but they're not a waste of time if your ultimate goal is to accomplish all the goals. Same with the maps.

The end end end game, in my opinion, would be to finish all the goals, including thug life and hardcore Hitman, master all the maps and have 500 each of the best weapon class. That would, theoretically, keep you busy for years. Once you accomplish all the fight goals (shouldn't be difficult as there will always be weak players at every level) it really won't matter if you can't compete with the gold spenders. Just don't fight or rob them and collect on time and you'll be fine. Getting 500 of each weapon would pretty much just be for pride as the game would really "end" after you've mastered all the maps. Actually the game would end after you complete level one of each map. Completing all the goals would be a secondary ending. Think of it like a video game where you defeat the final boss and win the game but then go back and collect all the hidden coins or whatever or complete all the side quests. Goals in this game are like side quests. The map areas are the guts of the game.

Nudie
03-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Life is futile. It's end is inevitable but you can surely have lotsa fun getting there.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Life is futile. It's end is inevitable but you can surely have lotsa fun getting there.

lol, But games are supposed to improve life not exploit the cruel joke already being played.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Us humans are a real piece of work. Everything else is surviving and we are purposefully wasting irreversible time to play with ourselves. We charge headlights.

qwikster
03-04-2012, 06:52 PM
In response to the general futility on the forums

Life is Futile.

Us humans are a real piece of work.

Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: irresistible urge to tap on your iPhone/iPad, constant fear and anxiety over robbery and attacks by rivals, uncontrollable diversion of paycheck towards the game, or presence of irrational thoughts (wishful thinking such as doubling income in a single week or farming 500 sigs).

A small number of people who play the game may experience depression, suicidalthoughts/attempts, or other mental/mood problems. Tell your doctor immediately if you or your family/caregiver notice any unusual/sudden changes in your mood, thoughts, or behavior including signs of depression, suicidal thoughts/attempts, thoughts about harming yourself.

:p:p

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Tell your doctor right away if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: irresistible urge to tap on your iPhone/iPad, constant fear and anxiety over robbery and attacks by rivals, uncontrollable diversion of paycheck towards the game, or presence of irrational thoughts (wishful thinking such as doubling income in a single week or farming 500 sigs).

A small number of people who play the game may experience depression, suicidalthoughts/attempts, or other mental/mood problems. Tell your doctor immediately if you or your family/caregiver notice any unusual/sudden changes in your mood, thoughts, or behavior including signs of depression, suicidal thoughts/attempts, thoughts about harming yourself.

:p:p

Where does the mole come from, Is it skin cancer? ..................

That was funny qwik ha ha

Nicholost
03-04-2012, 07:26 PM

And everyone else won't.

This is a travesty, the rich get richer and the poor get suppressed by the rich. We should occupy this! Occupy Crime City! Free and equal gold for all! Communism in Crime City now!

While I don't disagree with your prediction about the game reaching an end point when non-gold players quite because they feel they cannot compete and gold players quit because they feel there aren't enough new rivals, the path to getting there is where the joy comes from. Every software-based game has an end. Whether it's when the credits roll or the controller is never picked up because the game no longer entertains, it does have an end. CC is no different.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Despite all, I'm very impatiently waiting to get back in the game and only began to think because of inability to play the game in the first place. haha. (having transfer issues with new phone.) In my book until I loose interest every successful collection is a goal achieved and, the greater the collection is a goal surpassed (via upgrades and victories). So impatiently I sit, probably robbed off my ass, can't log in. Oh booo hoo.

<3 Hz
03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
That's why I suggested this

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21083-Funzio-could-make-so-much-money-if-they-did-this.

That would make the game REALLY interesting.

Nudie
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Hmmm... to make the game more interesting, I will endeavour to build at least one of every type of building. That should make for an interesting looking hood.

Max Power
03-05-2012, 04:53 AM
There really isn't a winner in this thing. People play as if the will "win", but by the game's design, there really isn't a way to win.

I think it's similar to the 24 hours of Lemans, there are lots of different classes of cars all on the same track. Play your style that your comfortable with and have as much fun as you can. Sure, non-gold buyers are up against it because they cant compete with gold buyers at higher levels, but it's still pretty fun. Especially for free.

erik
03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I believe it was Swifty who has identified the only way to win.

Ramshutu
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm going to start a RL mafia outfit to fund my crime city addiction.

I have space for 3 heavies, 2 psychopaths and a guy/girl who makes wisecracks and who everyone else want to shoot.

I will provide bags of Lye, you need to supply your own shovel.

Nudie
03-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm going to start a RL mafia outfit to fund my crime city addiction.

I have space for 3 heavies, 2 psychopaths and a guy/girl who makes wisecracks and who everyone else want to shoot.

I will provide bags of Lye, you need to supply your own shovel.

I would like to apply for one of the psychopath positions. Can travel and will bring my own chainsaw.

Whoopdido1980
03-06-2012, 04:02 AM
So what's the threshold to be considered a "high gold spender"? I just found a guy that spent 6000 bars easy just on a few crappy weapons plus some Anchor Imports and Churches. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has spent $500 already at level 108 and his stats were terrible. I beat him easily and my stats aren't even anything that special and don't have any gold weapons. I have bought some gold buildings though. I know some players have spent thousands of real dollars on this game but how much do you have to spend before you're considered a high gold spender?

Swifty
03-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Not sure about the threshold but the key is they have to be smart players and buy gold.

If they do it stupidly, then they squander their advantage.

If they follow all the best advice and spend lots of gold wisely, those are the people I am never going to be able to beat.

Whoopdido1980
03-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Not sure about the threshold but the key is they have to be smart players and buy gold.

If they do it stupidly, then they squander their advantage.

If they follow all the best advice and spend lots of gold wisely, those are the people I am never going to be able to beat.

But it seems like to get a REAL advantage you literally have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars. Basically you buy 2 top weapons that increase your attack stats by about 250 each and that's 1500 gold, or $100. So for every $100 spent, your attack will go up 500 points. To get an extra say 25,000 attack points you'd have to spend $5,000 in real money.

Hey, I'd love to go from 17,000 attack to 42,000 attack, but I sure as Hell ain't gonna spend 5 grand to do. And there are players that have over 100,000 attack. WTF?

CounterSniper
03-06-2012, 07:45 AM
But it seems like to get a REAL advantage you literally have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars. Basically you buy 2 top weapons that increase your attack stats by about 250 each and that's 1500 gold, or $100. So for every $100 spent, your attack will go up 500 points. To get an extra say 25,000 attack points you'd have to spend $5,000 in real money.

Hey, I'd love to go from 17,000 attack to 42,000 attack, but I sure as Hell ain't gonna spend 5 grand to do. And there are players that have over 100,000 attack. WTF?

Yup, The game is great but I prefer the new 2012 Chevy I got myself for Xmas/Birthday. lol

If i was a 1%r then my outlook would be quite different I'm sure.

Max Power
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
What Chevy did you get? I have been looking pretty hard at the Cruze. Best mileage in a real car out there, it seems. All the other 40mpg cars, other than diesels and hybrids, seem like overgrown insects.

CounterSniper
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
What Chevy did you get? I have been looking pretty hard at the Cruze. Best mileage in a real car out there, it seems. All the other 40mpg cars, other than diesels and hybrids, seem like overgrown insects.

I was really leanings towards a Cruze cuz of the milage though my heart yearned for the Camaro. I ended up getting the Equinox after test driving all three. 22 mpg (listed)for a crossover suv with lots of tech features and the kind of interior space i really needed was too hard to pass up. I'm averaging 23.3 mpg so far. I cut my fuel costs in half.

If I hit the lottery, I'll get a "Maxed" out Camaro SS for leisure driving.

Max Power
03-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I drive 100 miles round trip a day. 23.3 MPG would kill me. I already have a full size truck that gets 20.

I need 35-40 bare minimum. The savings alone in gas per month is more than the car payment. I won't buy a hybrid, too much mystery on battery life and the highway advantages are non-existent. Diesel I will consider, though VW makes some nice turbo-diesels these days for not much more than the Cruze. VW has been preety spotty in quality over the last few years though.

Thread scope creep....my fault.

CounterSniper
03-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I drive 100 miles round trip a day. 23.3 MPG would kill me. I already have a full size truck that gets 20.

I need 35-40 bare minimum. The savings alone in gas per month is more than the car payment. I won't buy a hybrid, too much mystery on battery life and the highway advantages are non-existent. Diesel I will consider, though VW makes some nice turbo-diesels these days for not much more than the Cruze. VW has been preety spotty in quality over the last few years though.

Thread scope creep....my fault.

If your doing heavy highway driving the miles go up a lot. The 22 listed is the combined hwy/cty number, when I'm on the highway my mpg are usually around 40mpg. 95% of my driving is city so i'm really happy. I think the listed mpg for highway is around 35 but not sure.

I would recommend taking it for a test drive or renting one for a day if available around you and see what the onboard reading is while on the highway you travel most often.

The only real drawback on the Cruze is the interior space/storage capacity. I missed my truck and the Equinox was a great alternative. If cargo space isnt a concern then go for the Cruze. Its a no-brainer IMO.

Max Power
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I actually need something Cruze size because my garage stall is so small. The Mustang occupies the other side. That Equinox bets better mileage than I though. I rented a Cruze on a business trip but didn't get a chance to record the gas mileage, and I don't trust digital meters. It drove nicely enough. I wasn't a fan of the LED readout but that would be solved by getting the GPS options. Did not like the push button start stuff at all.

My biggest caveat is that I don't want to buy brand new and get tagged with the depreciation on a car I will be putting high miles on. I might wait a couple of years when the Cruzes come off lease and buy one for half price. The old Tercel is getting creaky with a quarter million miles on it, but it still pulls down 42mpg in the summer with the good gas blends and the highway tires on it.