PDA

View Full Version : Attack > Defense, is it that uncommon?

downrange
03-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I am in extremely similar position. 450 M4 A1, and working on DD now. 300 NVB and 90-ish CW.... I decided to pause NVB at 300 and am buying CW currently.

Sorry for quoting myself there, but it's for context.

One side effect I overlooked as I moved on to DD and CW, is that they are each heavier in atk than def. This is in contrast to overall stats from my item pool, and from M4 A1 and NVB, which were more balanced, with a slight favor toward defense in the case of M4 A1.

So, where I had been maintaing a relatively consistent mafia defense slightly higher than my attack, it's been whittled from a difference of maybe 1000+ down to 300 now. And unless I change course in some way (not anticipating I will), it'll flip so that attack is higher than defense.

I had the sense from prior posts this is fairly atypical, with the exception of some folks that are heavily invested in explosives (I am not).

Anyway, I'm not particularly concerned about having a higher atk than def. I just happened to notice it, then think it through to see the trend, and thought I'd share.

note: I have never invested in defense buildings. Only built a few for the goals tree - some of which I've already deleted for space. This is probably the biggest factor if it really is uncommon for folks to have atk > def.

Max Power
03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I imagine when people start using RP on Exceleros and RPGs that number balances out a little. Most have more defense that attack though.

dudeman
03-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Sorry for quoting myself there, but it's for context.

One side effect I overlooked as I moved on to DD and CW, is that they are each heavier in atk than def. This is in contrast to overall stats from my item pool, and from M4 A1 and NVB, which were more balanced, with a slight favor toward defense in the case of M4 A1.

So, where I had been maintaing a relatively consistent mafia defense slightly higher than my attack, it's been whittled from a difference of maybe 1000+ down to 300 now. And unless I change course in some way (not anticipating I will), it'll flip so that attack is higher than defense.

I had the sense from prior posts this is fairly atypical, with the exception of some folks that are heavily invested in explosives (I am not).

Anyway, I'm not particularly concerned about having a higher atk than def. I just happened to notice it, then think it through to see the trend, and thought I'd share.

note: I have never invested in defense buildings. Only built a few for the goals tree - some of which I've already deleted for space. This is probably the biggest factor if it really is uncommon for folks to have atk > def.

I think you nailed it there. Defense buildings make that difference, even if only in your profile.

Other than armor, most of the items have stronger attack than defense. If this were not the case, defense buildings would have been viewed as pointless from the start.

itzkakarot
03-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I think you nailed it there. Defense buildings make that difference, even if only in your profile.

Other than armor, most of the items have stronger attack than defense. If this were not the case, defense buildings would have been viewed as pointless from the start.
Yup. So from an efficiency standpoint you should err on the side of higher attack via weapons, because you could always add def buildings after the fact, pretty easily at that.