PDA

View Full Version : Level 60 and I just realized

ppatmag
03-02-2012, 08:47 AM
That this game is pointless. I mean, whats the goal? All I seem to do is collect from my buildings, do missions, upgrade, etc..., but for what? Once in a great while, someone attacks me, or I attack someone. Then its over. There is always, ALWAYS, someone much stronger.

Tell me, whats the actual GOAL of the game? I mean, what else is there to do other then to keep upgrading? Is there a purpose? Once you start to actually get into a pissing match with someone, you just loose units until you are weaker then when you began. Just doesn't make sense anymore.

Also, I just never understood how some people could have and a/d that is double mine while they clearly have the same or lower inventory. The game just does not seem to have any sense of balance to it.

Don't even get me started on the people who drop actual cash on the game. I mean, how is that fair? I am supposed to compete with some random dude who drops 100bucks a week on this game in gold?

It took me 60 levels of play to realize this.

commandNconquer
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
about time you wake up lol, this game is just a time killer why would you need a goal while playing it?

War Priest
03-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Sorry you feel that way, but your not forced to play it. You must of had fun during that time to keep coming back. I just came from a thread where I had said this but I will say it again. It isn't suppose to be fair. Funzio wants you to buy gold, that is their goal. It's a game for us, a business for them. Now if you wish not to purchase gold than that's fine, there are many good players who don't buy gold. Believe it or not, it is possible for a free player to defeat a gold player, depending on the situation.

ppatmag
03-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Understood... I guess I just kept expecting that something would "happen" in the later levels. Like some actual heavy fighting or something. Not the case, its just a rat race.

Good point, tho... Cuz the actual goal of the game is to make people guy gold. Thats it.

I did have fun, but I thought I was working towards something.

Glad you have no goals commandNconquer. Must make life pretty rewarding?

Aidan
03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Well the game hv mny missions n goals tht it hv set up fr the plyr to achieve. Like the valor missions, map, building missions.
At personal level, it depends on how u want to play it. Some people hv a goal to reach lvl 200 as fast as possible. Some focus on getting all the map mission done up to lvl 5. Some wud just like to do pvp n attcking people numerous times a day.
As fr me, i enjoy pvp. Upgrading money n unit building r just a tool for me to hv a good army. I'm nt rushing to reach 200 as fast as i cn. I tend to make sure evry time i lvl up i will be among the top 10% so tht i wont get beaten much n of coz so tht i can easily beat people. Now tht itself is a goal fr me. Some call me a turtle. I dont mind tht, i fancy myself a super ninja turtle.
IMHO, modern war is about pvp. Pvp gives the most excitement to this game. So if u dnt attck much thn u lose out on the enjoyment.
Having said tht i know it's hard to enjoy this game when the pvp is broken. High casualty rates makes people avoiding pvp. Unfair rivals list makes thing worst.

As fr the heavy gold plyr, u cn nvr beat them unless u urself strt to spend big. If they attck u, dnt go attck n piss them some more. Tht will only make thngs worst fr u. Take the punch n move on.

War Priest
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Your only at level 60. That isn't very high. I don't know the exact level where the rival list widen it's range, but I don't think you have reached it yet. I could be wrong on that though. But once you reach it I am pretty sure there will be heavy fighting. I haven't nearly reached that point yet, but looking forward to it. Also, your goals should be getting all your buildings to level 10 and getting higher stats.

War Priest
03-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Some call me a turtle. I dont mind tht, i fancy myself a super ninja turtle.

Very nice...:D

Aidan
03-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Lol. Actlly pick tht up frm this forum. It was gixxah ridah i thnk..repost!

kt3448
03-03-2012, 07:52 AM
isn't "real" war kind of pointless as well?

War Priest
03-03-2012, 10:22 AM
isn't "real" war kind of pointless as well?

No, it's not.

kt3448
03-03-2012, 10:46 AM
No, it's not.

Ok, I will retract from my statement.

Flipmode
03-04-2012, 02:04 AM
War eh? What is it good for?

The goal of the game is to teach people that there are no free victories, that attacking a weaker opponent with no goal is a bad thing, that if you blow up a sub it makes a mini-sub and other essential life lessons.

My personal goals are to achieve many PvE missions, remain in the upper end of my level/ally banding and to laugh maniacally whenever I beat a player with gold units.

Agent Orange
03-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Understood... I guess I just kept expecting that something would "happen" in the later levels. Like some actual heavy fighting or something. Not the case, its just a rat race.

Good point, tho... Cuz the actual goal of the game is to make people guy gold. Thats it.

I did have fun, but I thought I was working towards something.

Glad you have no goals commandNconquer. Must make life pretty rewarding?

Yes there is a goal in the highest levels and it's fantastically simple.... It's called survival....

Newton
03-04-2012, 02:21 PM
This wastes time but when I'm bullying
Around people that buy gold makes me laugh

Agent Orange
03-04-2012, 03:13 PM

That is not a wise idea. If you gloat about it on your wall once you get to whale territory they are going to make an example of you in very short order.

War Priest
03-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Doing that could back fire on you very quickly.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
The goal is remain sane in a futile situation.

Chiefer
03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Sorry you feel that way, but your not forced to play it. You must of had fun during that time to keep coming back. I just came from a thread where I had said this but I will say it again. It isn't suppose to be fair. Funzio wants you to buy gold, that is their goal. It's a game for us, a business for them. Now if you wish not to purchase gold than that's fine, there are many good players who don't buy gold. Believe it or not, it is possible for a free player to defeat a gold player, depending on the situation.

Fun vs addiction. Heroin is fun too.

War Priest
03-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Fun vs addiction. Heroin is fun too.

I have no idea why you quoted my comment to say that...