PDA

View Full Version : World War IV - Whu do u fight for?

Burn
03-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Assume for a minute that there was a Team function, and that you can create, join or be invited to those Teams, in order to attack and rob other Teams

Teams could be formed based on any number of things, geography, religion, football team, any other tribal allegiance that floats your boat.

What 3 teams would you create or join, and who would you attack first?

Mine...

1. Europe, attack North Americans (The Ryder Cup of Doom).
2. Boys, attack Girls (including female impersonators, cross dressers and other associated weird people).
3. Funzio Forum Fighters, attack and rob Funzio Forum Economists (this is a robbery, step away from the spreadsheet muthachuffa).

Max Power
03-02-2012, 04:42 AM
4. 500 club attacking those faggity 499ers.

Nudie
03-02-2012, 06:01 AM

Count me in for this one.

Swifty
03-02-2012, 06:05 AM
I want to be with the 499 team.

If I can ever get my mafia back up to 499.

G Wiz
03-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Since the bahamas is a small country, ill have to slip in on an american team ;)

Tramp Stamp
03-02-2012, 06:12 AM
Well, Bahamas is in North America...

G Wiz
03-02-2012, 06:15 AM
We gained independence from great britain in 1973 :)

Twinkie
03-02-2012, 06:27 AM
We gained independence from great britain in 1973 :)

Yes, we get it, you are from one of the nicest and most beautiful places on earth. Stop giving us a history lesson :p:p

Swifty
03-02-2012, 06:36 AM
I like history lessons.

And statistical lessons.

And grammar lessons.

schlumpf
03-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I thought the war was already going on between the Pastafarian Theocracy of Noodles and the People's Democratic Republic of Payam?

But join me in on the war against the 499 cowards. Just two more thug life rounds left and then I will join in on the righteous revenge.

Swifty
03-02-2012, 09:45 AM
More motivation for me to get up to 499.

Coward, huh?

Have them reset your mafia to zero and see how long it takes you to get to 499.

Ghost818
03-02-2012, 11:48 AM

Count me in too

Swifty
03-02-2012, 11:55 AM
It looks like I am going to be outnumbered.

All the more heroic.

Jill
03-03-2012, 05:36 AM
It looks like I am going to be outnumbered.

All the more heroic.

I'm with you Swifty as I'm one of them.....

Jill
03-03-2012, 05:45 AM
I can understand that the higher you go the longer it takes to complete the thug life levels and I'm assuming there is a lot of 499's at that stage. What I don't understand is we are here in the forum looking at spread sheets, exchanging tactics, experiences, even mathematic formulas on att and def, but a real no brianer, don't go to 500 mafia and you won't be attached as much, gets so much sh_t....... Best move I've ever made

Max Power
03-03-2012, 05:46 AM
More motivation for me to get up to 499.

Coward, huh?

Have them reset your mafia to zero and see how long it takes you to get to 499.

You have unusual circumstances.

Unlike 99% of those faggity 499ers.

Death to them all!

Joeycool
03-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Did I miss world war 3??

Jill
03-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Don't mention the war JC ....... Lol

CounterSniper
03-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Kinda amusing how non gold players are allegedly whiners whenever they make valid points about the desperaties between the two player classes yet the non gold players thru sheer necessity and everyone else who saw the common sense in using the quite viable 499 strategy (at zero cost) are scoundrels, cowards, faggots etc, etc.

There are no rules in Crime City and you do whatever it takes to win or to just try and survive and anyone who says different is simply being disingenuous.

Joeycool
03-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Kinda amusing how non gold players are allegedly whiners whenever they make valid points about the desperaties between the two player classes yet the non gold players thru sheer necessity and everyone else who saw the common sense in using the quite viable 499 strategy (at zero cost) are scoundrels, cowards, faggots etc, etc.

There are no rules in Crime City and you do whatever it takes to win or to just try and survive and anyone who says different is simply being disingenuous.

That being said... they are still cowards!

Jill
03-03-2012, 08:08 AM
@ Sniper
Well said....

@ JC
A coward wouldn't admit they were 499.....:(

schlumpf
03-03-2012, 08:30 AM
I think you mistook my mocking with a complaint.

Joeycool
03-03-2012, 08:33 AM
@ JC
A coward wouldn't admit they were 499.....:(

Its hard to deny it when it tells you on the rivals list how many mafia you have!

499 Coward: I have more than 499 mafia

Non 499 Coward : No you dont

499 Coward : I do... prove that I dont!

Non 499 coward : well when I see your name, 499 coward, on my news feed it says level 128, 499 mafia, 499Coward

499coward : DOH!!

Jill
03-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Absolutely no idea what your last post means JC, maybe just ad well.

Swifty
03-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I am going to have 499 someday.

Hopefully in not too many more days.

Ghost818
03-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Did I miss world war 3??

I think its cause 3 is on its way this summer bro

Max Power
03-04-2012, 05:03 AM

Never called them cowards, but their strategy is mostly useless. So, you have a little red on your wall, bug deal. If you bank it costs t=you nothing. So, I am interested in what this class divide you now bring up has to do with anything related to 499? Did it help them survive? Did it save them money? Did it help level the playing field between the two classes?

No.

All it did was clear their wall faster.

So, explain this sheer necessity again, other than the hypocrisy that the 499 crew had in problem going after all the 500s to achieve their own goals.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Never called them cowards, but their strategy is mostly useless. So, you have a little red on your wall, bug deal. If you bank it costs t=you nothing. So, I am interested in what this class divide you now bring up has to do with anything related to 499? Did it help them survive? Did it save them money? Did it help level the playing field between the two classes?

No.

All it did was clear their wall faster.

So, explain this sheer necessity again, other than the hypocrisy that the 499 crew had in problem going after all the 500s to achieve their own goals.

Some people still have some self respect and care about their stats and others dont wanna be anyones b/tch.

Its kinda like saying hey i beat you up repeatedly for my own desires but i didnt take ur lunch money so how dare you take a different way home every day to keep me from beating you up.

Save your whiny bully bs for your court ordered anger management classes.

Swifty
03-04-2012, 05:51 AM
I care zero about my win/loss stats.

If someone wants to attack me because i am 499 or 500 or any other number, go for it.

That is life in the food chain.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 05:54 AM
I care zero about my win/loss stats.

If someone wants to attack me because i am 499 or 500 or any other number, go for it.

That is life in the food chain.

That's cuz ur the Swiftmeister!

Max Power
03-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Save your whiny bully bs for your court ordered anger management classes.

LOL...what a load of crap. You are the guy that stereotyped a complete group of people as having a superior attitude and whined like a little girl when it was suggested that it was a major reach. Stereotyping and large group of people based on the actions of a few will always be a major reach. All your protestations will not change that.

Some people just want to work on their economy as it is a major component of the game. I have yet to meet anybody who holds that over anyone else. You seem pretty hellbent on the class warfare between gold buyers and non-gold buyers. If that is what gets your rocks off, go for it. But that is the way the game is designed. If you don't like gold buyers, just set your device down and try another game.

Joeycool
03-04-2012, 08:30 AM
If you don't like gold buyers, just set your device down and try another game.

In addition... if there were no gold buyers there would be no crime city.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 08:44 AM
LOL...what a load of crap. You are the guy that stereotyped a complete group of people as having a superior attitude and whined like a little girl when it was suggested that it was a major reach. Stereotyping and large group of people based on the actions of a few will always be a major reach. All your protestations will not change that.

Some people just want to work on their economy as it is a major component of the game. I have yet to meet anybody who holds that over anyone else. You seem pretty hellbent on the class warfare between gold buyers and non-gold buyers. If that is what gets your rocks off, go for it. But that is the way the game is designed. If you don't like gold buyers, just set your device down and try another game.

You should really work on your bad attitude or you'll end up getting banned, oh wait I could care less whether you get banned cuz you contribute absolutely nothing positive to the forum. Don't even bother responding to anything I post. Your troll like behavior is insignificant, unhelpful and immature.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 08:57 AM
In addition... if there were no gold buyers there would be no crime city.

I guess I'm keeping Crime City going then.

Burn
03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Did I miss world war 3??

Wondered how long it would take ;)

+1 to you

WW3 is everyone else being attacked by that Papaya fella - in the words of Mrs D, perhaps it's a "drive-by fruiting"

Whip88
03-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I think you guys need to settle down, its just a game.

@ countersniper Whats wrong with 499s?

Its a game and this is a valid tactic.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I think you guys need to settle down, its just a game.

@ countersniper Whats wrong with 499s?

Its a game and this is a valid tactic.

Reread, I'm defending 499's. Start with post #19 and work your way down.

Whip88
03-04-2012, 07:05 PM
My apologies i thought you were mocking them.

I don't get it, its a perfectly good tactic.

Everyone plays differently that what makes this game what it is.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 07:14 PM
My apologies i thought you were mocking them.

I don't get it, its a perfectly good tactic.

Everyone plays differently that what makes this game what it is.

No Worries

fuzz bunny
03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
499er here. Why do I do it? Simple, nothing to do with stats, it's about keeping my cash. I'm far more likely to be attacked w/ 500 mafia....and that means more of a chance of someone sucking my cash if I happened not to bank. Good strategy plain and simple.

Jill
03-04-2012, 09:07 PM
499er here. Why do I do it? Simple, nothing to do with stats, it's about keeping my cash. I'm far more likely to be attacked w/ 500 mafia....and that means more of a chance of someone sucking my cash if I happened not to bank. Good strategy plain and simple.

Fuzz Bunny you have nailed it, plain and simple, the less people coming to your hood the less chance you have of being robbed. Thank you, we rest our case

Nudie
03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Fuzz Bunny you have nailed it, plain and simple, the less people coming to your hood the less chance you have of being robbed. Thank you, we rest our case

That's so weak.

Joeycool
03-05-2012, 03:49 AM
The problem, for me, with the 499 strategy is that it stops people being able to achieve their thug life goal. For this you obviously need to attack people with 500 mafia members.

I found it hard to complete mine because lots of people were reducing their mafia to this size. This may have reduced the risk of them getting attacked lots... but it was also ruining my ability to achieve my goals. Yet these 499 players were still making their way through the thug life goals that they were stopping other people achieve.

The rivals list at the time was no where near as fair as it is now and I would find it hard to find anyone on my list who I could beat as they were vastly stronger than myself... and the few I could beat were at 499 mafia.

Right or wrong I believe this is a very selfish strategy. If every person in the game went down to 499 mafia no one would be able to achieve the goals.

Ghost818
03-05-2012, 04:05 AM
hey Jill, no offence but since ive been done with my thug life goals, (finished in my early 100s) Ive been attacking ONLY people lower than 500, WHY? Cause when I was trying to finish thuglife 186-188, 99% of my rivals list had dropped down to 499 which really pissed me off. I have nothing against anyone personally, but just cause they made it hard on me, I rob/attack people with less than 500 mafia. Like I said, nothing personal if it was a handful of people doing it back when I was tryin to do my goals I'd say okay, these guys are using a smart strategy good for them but unfortunatly thats not what happened. A majority of us higher level folk have been done with the thuglife goals for a while just givin a heads up :P

Jill
03-05-2012, 04:39 AM
@ Ghost

Note and accepted No offence taken.

Max Power
03-05-2012, 04:40 AM
The problem, for me, with the 499 strategy is that it stops people being able to achieve their thug life goal. For this you obviously need to attack people with 500 mafia members.

I found it hard to complete mine because lots of people were reducing their mafia to this size. This may have reduced the risk of them getting attacked lots... but it was also ruining my ability to achieve my goals. Yet these 499 players were still making their way through the thug life goals that they were stopping other people achieve.

The rivals list at the time was no where near as fair as it is now and I would find it hard to find anyone on my list who I could beat as they were vastly stronger than myself... and the few I could beat were at 499 mafia.

Right or wrong I believe this is a very selfish strategy. If every person in the game went down to 499 mafia no one would be able to achieve the goals.

^this^......

hey Jill, no offence but since ive been done with my thug life goals, (finished in my early 100s) Ive been attacking ONLY people lower than 500, WHY? Cause when I was trying to finish thuglife 186-188, 99% of my rivals list had dropped down to 499 which really pissed me off. I have nothing against anyone personally, but just cause they made it hard on me, I rob/attack people with less than 500 mafia. Like I said, nothing personal if it was a handful of people doing it back when I was tryin to do my goals I'd say okay, these guys are using a smart strategy good for them but unfortunatly thats not what happened. A majority of us higher level folk have been done with the thuglife goals for a while just givin a heads up :P

And this^.

Now I only attack people below 500, and I know many others do to.
It would have been simple from a development standpoint in that they could have prevented the 499ers from seeing anybody 500 and above, but they didn't. It would have been the perfect pay to play strategy.

But alas, many people wanted the benefits without giving anything back.

Jill
03-05-2012, 04:42 AM
@JC

Also understand what your saying ...... Friends? Hope so.....

Joeycool
03-05-2012, 05:20 AM
@JC

Also understand what your saying ...... Friends? Hope so.....

Sure Jill! I have no issue with you at all! You seem sound!

But similar to Max and Ghost... now that i have finished my thug life goals, If on my news feed I have 17 people who have 500 mafia, and 3 that have 499. I will always go for the 499 ones.

If no 499 show up on my list, I will hit refresh untill some show up! Then i will attack them.

Payback for a tactic that made me struggle!

Jill
03-05-2012, 05:33 AM
@JC
You'll be seeing more of me soon no doubt( in the game I mean) lol

Joeycool
03-05-2012, 05:42 AM
@JC
You'll be seeing more of me soon no doubt( in the game I mean) lol

What level are you Jill? Whats your ingame name?

Synergy
03-05-2012, 05:43 AM
I am 1000% with Max Power and Joey on this one and they've both made great points. You 499 players think it's a "great tactical move". Well maybe so at your level, but jump up above 128 and keep 499 and that "strategy" will go right out the window with all the HL players who are going after ONLY you all. I, like many others who have finished their thug life goals, intentionally look for anyone with less than 500 mafia (including forum members) and blindly attack them. I do this because you're keeping less than 500 mafia in attempts to get attacked less and prevent people from reaching their goals, while at the same time taking advantage of everyone else who has 500+ mafia to reach your OWN goals.

I never stooped to that level. Not only because my defense could support the attacks by those trying to meet their thug life goals, but because I held a grudge against those doing it (knowing that they themselves were picking on weaker players with 500+ to benefit themselves) because I looked at it as a cop out. A way to avoid attacks that everyone else was receiving to protect your stats or for whatever reason.

I would compare it to using a damn crutch when you aren't crippled. I have much more respect for someone with mediocre/below average stats and 500+ mafia than those with mediocre/above average stats with less than 500 mafia.

I see people with below average stats for their level doing this. That makes A LITTLE more sense to me, but I still don't advocate that at all. Those players just need to examine what they're doing wrong, maybe read some of the forum guides that have proven it's very simple to compete and have good stats as a non-gold player, and do what they need to do to improve their stats

What really really gets to me is when I see players with above average or excellent stats or tons of gold items who are STILL using 499 mafia and I see this ALL the time. I go after them every single time. I'm always thinking to myself "Jesus grow some f***ing balls" or "stop being a damn stat whore". I could go on and on about this, but I've already stated my opinion on it a few times. Ive said it before and I'll say it again. In short, I think it's a straight ***** move.

Swifty
03-05-2012, 06:06 AM
I only need 44 more to get to 499.

Then bring it.

Jill
03-05-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm 120 and just plain jill

Swifty
03-05-2012, 06:16 AM
"jill" or "just plain jill" ?

Jill
03-05-2012, 06:19 AM
"jill" or "just plain jill" ?

jill ..... nothing else

Joeycool
03-05-2012, 07:03 AM
jill ..... nothing else

Your user name is "Jill ..... nothing else"

I would have gone with "jill" ;)

It will be quite some time until I see you Jill ..... nothing else, I'm level 165.

Lowest that I see now is 142. Probably by the time you get to 142 Funzio will have tweaked the levels again for fairness.

I liked Synergy's post. I took a hell of a beating when the thug life goals first came out but I didnt drop to 499... because if we all did that the game would be ruined.

It really needed Funzio to go with what Max touched on. If you want to compete in the thuglife goals... you should have HAD to have 500 mafia. Problem solved!

But hey... its all good fun!

At my level now most people have completed thug life so its not much of an issue for me anymore. Not many 499ers around.

Jill
03-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I have so much to do JC b4 I push up the lvls. By chance I met someone at around lvl 65 who told me about the MA's up till then I was doing the maps and robbing. Didn't join here till Jan and thankfully been guided by some good players here. Trying so hard to get my 300th Ma today 1 short, so won't sleep till it drops. Could be along night lol

Jill
03-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Hey just became a senior member with that last post :) So a really big day for me if the 300th drops cos I got my 100th Chain whip earlier today, life is just wonderful ....

Joeycool
03-05-2012, 07:23 AM
You really are living the dream hey Jill! ;)

Jill
03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Really sad I suppose lol but enjoying my moment....

Max Power
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Hey just became a senior member with that last post :) So a really big day for me if the 300th drops cos I got my 100th Chain whip earlier today, life is just wonderful ....

LOL....congrats!

erik
03-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Late to this party, but Ghosts point is right on.

Probably all active high levels have been done with this for weeks. You really are only protecting yourself from below... probably not where your worries come from. This really is no longer a successful strategy unless the desire is to get hit more.

Like Swifty, I was already below 500 when the new goals started... I was tracking my mafia w/ my M4 count and hit 500 a week or so in. NYCPizza informed me of the 499 rule though, lol.

Dorian Gray
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Sure, having 499 mafia might result in you getting attacked less...

and

Sure, pushing the women and children aside might get you to the lifeboat faster.

erik
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
That's just great Dorian.

Arguments always sink to a new low once someone brings up the Titanic. Especially if it is a nazi Titanic.

Max Power
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
LOL at the sudden turn this thread took.

Dorian Gray
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
That's just great Dorian.

Arguments always sink to a new low once someone brings up the Titanic. Especially if it is a nazi Titanic.

lol I couldn't help it, I came across it on T.V. the other night and got sucked into watching it.

Burn
03-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Erm, I would just like to point out that I started this thread for a bit of fun.

And look what you've all done to it. Just look. You are all very very naughty.

Dorian Gray
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I thought we were starting a war. It's a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition. ;)

Joe Brown1
03-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow - missed quite the argument on the 499s. Interestingly, I'm at lvl 101 and my rival list is full of people with 500+ mafia - probably 90% or more. The 499 message must not have gotten to most of them. I'm at 491 and climbing but that is just because I stopped sending invites but right now I accept all invites under the assumption that the only place my id is posted is the forum. I'm guessing I will be over 500 in the next week or so not particularly worried as there are much easier targets than me and when I get to the HL, not much I can do as a non-gold player.

Swifty
03-05-2012, 03:30 PM
I am starting to get worried that I will not stop at 499, that I will shoot right past it.

I guess I will have to burn that bridge before I get to it.

Jill
03-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Erm, I would just like to point out that I started this thread for a bit of fun.

And look what you've all done to it. Just look. You are all very very naughty.

It was Max Powers fault he brought up the 499'ers LOL ...... It has been a fun thread.....

fuzz bunny
03-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Well ok then, didn't realize the 499 thing was a life shattering event. Hey, I get it, I get worked up by immigration, frivolous lawsuits, fat people...and I'll admit, it's silly to a degree, but the level of worked up some get over this game is plain crazy. Holding you back from completing your goals, dude, I hope you are eff ing kidding. It's a game, it's a thug life goal...of a game, need I continue! I hope others read that post a few pages back, the rant of epic proportions and think "wow, so this is how extremism starts, this is how crazy manifests"...holy ****, my mind is blown! Seems that 499 is the new burning of a book...time to riot...oops, did I say that?

Max Power
03-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Well ok then, didn't realize the 499 thing was a life shattering event. Hey, I get it, I get worked up by immigration, frivolous lawsuits, fat people...and I'll admit, it's silly to a degree, but the level of worked up some get over this game is plain crazy. Holding you back from completing your goals, dude, I hope you are eff ing kidding. It's a game, it's a thug life goal...of a game, need I continue! I hope others read that post a few pages back, the rant of epic proportions and think "wow, so this is how extremism starts, this is how crazy manifests"...holy ****, my mind is blown! Seems that 499 is the new burning of a book...time to riot...oops, did I say that?

LOL....of course it's a game. Nobody going after 499ers sees it as a life changing event, anymore than playing the game in the first place or coming to this forum to talk about it.

Are you a 499er? If so, what's your in game handle....LOL!

SupremeFaze
03-06-2012, 05:05 AM
that whould be cool to have groups then the gamw whould take forever to load sheesshhh

Dorian Gray
03-06-2012, 09:23 AM

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

Swifty
03-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Just as I feared, I shot right by the 499 and am now at 507.

How about you haters just pretend that I am at 499 and attack me anyway?

Max Power
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Just as I feared, I shot right by the 499 and am now at 507.

How about you haters just pretend that I am at 499 and attack me anyway?

Is your game name Swifty?

Nudie
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Is your game name Swifty?

I think I saw a Shifty on my rivals list

Swifty
03-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah, level 125 Swifty.

fuzz bunny
03-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Same name here as on the game max...I'd post my code but I'm thinking you don't want my name to join up (and that would put over 499 anyways)!

Dorian...I don't follow the 'ledge' comment, but not like a dude watching titanic would phase me anyway...