PDA

View Full Version : Emir Island: does it really exist

Adem
02-29-2012, 04:30 AM
I was playing on Emir Island a couple of days ago and notice that one of the boats had a Turkish flag on it... This confused me. I know there is of such, an island in Turkey (without the terrorists and infidels) similar to that, but not in Africa. Why would Funzio do this? This seems as if funzio copy and pasted the map or the boat itself, or something... Even still, in Emir Island, there is a Minaret (that huge long tower) and a Kebab stand... I know that all the places on the game are not real (maybe based on a real place) but to have a Turkish flagged boat, a minaret and a kebab stand in East Africa looks very wierd...

You probably dont care about this as you are farming for those submarines... But meh... I had to rage about this (and laugh at the stupidity)...

Your views on this??? :D

Adem
02-29-2012, 04:33 AM
About the post, i screwed up the heading... Lol...

War Priest
02-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Emir is a title of nobility in the Middle East, North Africa, and some Turkish states. So this "game island" is intended to look like a place of nobility. So there is your answer for why the boat has a turkish flag, and why the buildings look like they do. They might not be legit buildings for North Africa, but they serve their purpose and represent nobility.

Adem
02-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Emir is a title of nobility in the Middle East, North Africa, and some Turkish states. So this "game island" is intended to look like a place of nobility. So there is your answer for why the boat has a turkish flag, and why the buildings look like they do. They might not be legit buildings for North Africa, but they serve their purpose and represent nobility.

Fair enough...