PDA

View Full Version : How to go back to a previous version of CC?

bjtkd1
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Title says all. I wanna go back to 2.02 from 2.2. Is this possible? Seems like M4 drop rates were better on 2.02.

Euchred
02-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I think the only way to do it is if you have 2.02 on your itunes. If you do delete CC from your device and the sync it and it should be the old version. I've never done this before so I'm not 100% sure, just remember reading it once.

dudeman
02-28-2012, 11:55 PM
I have never gone back and I don't know how to, so this post is only half relevant.

As far as drop rates go, is it the VERSION that determines that, or the DATA? I could be wrong, but to me version suggests anything to do with how things work, and data has to do with anything number related.

Once again, I could be wrong. I know that when CC 2.2 came out, there was no update for HD but the data changed. Both versions shared the same numbers but HD had a "b" stuck on the end.

Late night beer infused speculation.

AppleMacGuy
02-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Yes, farming M4s is a non-starter in 2.2 due to the removal of multi-click drop and (I believe?) general nerfing of drop rates.

Reverting versions has been discussed before - try a search. It's pretty easy. Essentially it depends upon how you updated CC and wherther you have synched back to your Mac/PC.

* if you updated directly from the iPhone AND you still have the old version synched back in iTunes then simply delete CC from your iPhone and re-synch the old version from iTunes

* if you updated directly in iTunes and then synched to your iPhone then you need to locate the old CC version on your Mac/PC from a backup (you keep backups right?). Delete the new version in iTunes (under Apps) and drag the the old version of the IPA file into the iTunes. Delete the new version from the iPhone and re-synch...et voila you have the old version again!

jaywalker
02-29-2012, 05:38 AM
If you, like me, don't have the old version on your computer you have to google like a MF... And hope to eventually find it. Or ask if someone on the forums could put it out on a site.....?

AppleMacGuy
02-29-2012, 08:11 AM
If you, like me, don't have the old version on your computer you have to google like a MF... And hope to eventually find it. Or ask if someone on the forums could put it out on a site.....?

I previously offered to make available on my webserver any previous version anyone wanted...but someone (forgot who) pointed out that due to the DRM protection each IPA file is locked to the iTunes account used to download it. So, ur **** out of luck as far as Googling goes...unless anyone knows otherwise?!

Xira
02-29-2012, 08:37 AM
What happens when you go back to a previous version and you own a bunch of items that didnt even exist then, like crate items? I guess your stats probably go wonky until you upgrade again?

Santa
02-29-2012, 07:25 PM
I guess your stats probably go wonky until you upgrade again?

That made me laugh so hard I cried...

2Legit
02-29-2012, 08:00 PM
There's no way mate! No reason too, you're not going to get the same game play and you'll prob miss out with the newer features. So whats the point.

AppleMacGuy
03-01-2012, 01:07 AM
What happens when you go back to a previous version and you own a bunch of items that didnt even exist then, like crate items? I guess your stats probably go wonky until you upgrade again?

It doesn't matter...since all this stuff is stored server-side. Crate items just contain generic game items such as Guns, Melee etc, only the the item data is different. Even the item's picture is downloaded from the server to your local cache.

Xira
03-01-2012, 01:24 AM
It doesn't matter...since all this stuff is stored server-side. Crate items just contain generic game items such as Guns, Melee etc, only the the item data is different. Even the item's picture is downloaded from the server to your local cache.

I was curious and tried it, none of the 2.2 items showed and I lost ALOT of attack/defense on my stat sheet. That being said I didn't leave it long or reload the game a few times, I just upgraded again ASAP because I got nervous. How sure are you that everything would be cool?? Lol

AppleMacGuy
03-01-2012, 01:40 AM
I was curious and tried it, none of the 2.2 items showed and I lost ALOT of attack/defense on my stat sheet. That being said I didn't leave it long or reload the game a few times, I just upgraded again ASAP because I got nervous. How sure are you that everything would be cool?? Lol

100% sure...I've been using 2.0.2 continously since the first LB event finished ;) The one thing is that on first launch my stats were way down (even though all items were visible) but everything sorts itself out on re-launch - I think it fetches the weapon data into the local cache but doesn't use the cached data until re-launch. I can see all my weapons, including the SIG, Golden M4, all of the crate items, etc that I've acquired. So seriously, trust me it works! :D At least I can finish farming those blasted M4s now from Nadya in 2-3 weeks rather 2-3 months :eek:

Xira
03-01-2012, 02:31 AM
100% sure...I've been using 2.0.2 continously since the first LB event finished ;) The one thing is that on first launch my stats were way down (even though all items were visible) but everything sorts itself out on re-launch - I think it fetches the weapon data into the local cache but doesn't use the cached data until re-launch. I can see all my weapons, including the SIG, Golden M4, all of the crate items, etc that I've acquired. So seriously, trust me it works! :D At least I can finish farming those blasted M4s now from Nadya in 2-3 weeks rather 2-3 months :eek:

Yep tried again and after a few launches things worked themselves out. Thanks a ton for info. I am in the same boat, would like 50-100 more M4's, this will be ALOT easier.

i need muney
03-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Data is fetched from the serv. So no point going back. I was wrong here.
With HD 2.1.3 data 20120228_0b I was NOT able to reproduce multiclicks.
Since AMG says it's on, I'll try a little bit more :rolleyes:

AppleMacGuy
03-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Data is fetched from the serv. So no point going back. I was wrong here.
With HD 2.1.3 data 20120228_0b I was NOT able to reproduce multiclicks.
Since AMG says it's on, I'll try a little bit more :rolleyes:

Just to clarify, I can only vouch for the behaviour of the original CC version - I'm not sure what the lie of the land is with the various versions of CC HD.

Xira
03-02-2012, 10:48 AM
The version on my iTunes is HD 2.1.3 and I do get multi-click with it.

i need muney
03-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Just to clarify, I can only vouch for the behaviour of the original CC version - I'm not sure what the lie of the land is with the various versions of CC HD.
Gotcha. It's relevant still.

The version on my iTunes is HD 2.1.3 and I do get multi-click with it.
Tah tah daaaaaah!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/files/2010/11/dr-evil.jpg