PDA

View Full Version : My Theory On Battle Casualties

Njwmrb
02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
I have no proof of this, it is just what I seem to have experienced.

I went on here a few weeks ago and added a lot of people from the "add me" thread and have noticed since then that I have lost a lot more units when I attack people. When I had less than 10 allies and attacked people I would only lose a unit every now and then and after raising my allies count to 70 I lost a unit or 2 almost every battle.

It seems that the unit loss is not a matter of your attack versus your opponents defense but rather the number of units you put into battle and their mortality rate. So if you have 100 units of a "high" mortality rate you will lose 10x more of those units than if you go into battle with 10 units of a high mortality rate.

So my advice would be not to add a lot of allies if you plan on attacking people, but to keep a number of allies that is consistant with only bringing into battle the units you want to battle with. For example lets say I have 20 Super hornets (casualty rate: low), 20 Cruisers (casualty rate: very low), 20 flamethrower soldiers (casualty rate: high), and 20 Bradley fighting vehicles (casualty rate: medium). I could have 20 allies and bring all of those units in to battle, or I could cut down to 10 allies and only bring the super hornets and cruisers into battle and very rarely lose a unit. (they would go into battle over the flamethrower soldiers and bradley fighting vehicles because their attack is higher).

So my advice would be to cut down the amount of allies you have to manipulate what troops you bring into battle since as of now we cannot manually pick what units we fight with. Fortunately in general the stronger the unit is the lower its casualty rate it.

JMC
02-28-2012, 01:24 PM
This has already been said like 50x and im pretty sure anyone with a brain knew this before anyone even said it.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Njwmrb
02-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Sorry I guess I forgot to get on the forums every day and get 355 posts.

War Priest
02-28-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm sure he didn't intend for it to be mean, it's just somebody posts about this topic at least once a day.

Hassleham
02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
My experience suggest this could be wrong though. I had 100 odd allies and lost units very often, mostly submarines and loot vehicles. Then i dropped down to 40 allies so that i was just taking super hornets, cruisers, hovercraft and submarines and all of a sudden i'm losing more cruisers (225k) than i am submarines! It's so confusing!

Mcdoc
02-28-2012, 07:51 PM
This has already been said like 50x and im pretty sure anyone with a brain knew this before anyone even said it.

LoL - Thanks for playing :)

I'm one of those 50 who made a similar post - so don't feel bad for trying to share :)

Maverick50727
03-01-2012, 05:51 AM
I'm sure he didn't intend for it to be mean, it's just somebody posts about this topic at least once a day.
Same here don't feel hesitant to post as anyone can add value. 5,000,000,000,000,000.. heads are better than 1. Now don't go crazy with this comments guys. LOL

We all feel the stress of the PVP and broken game play. Just do a little research in the forum and read as much as you can first. There is a lot of info out there so do some lurking like I did before I ever posted my first comment. I don't spend every day in the forum or read every post myself, but I hope I have added some value to some.

War Priest
03-01-2012, 10:51 AM
There is a lot of info out there so do some lurking like I did before I ever posted my first comment.

As I have done, but I was having activation issues so had no other choice than just to look through the threads.

wrecker13
03-02-2012, 06:28 AM
There are people that do post everyday. Even though they dont admit to it.

ppatmag
03-02-2012, 09:01 AM

Your a douche... So, whats your point?

War Priest
03-02-2012, 09:16 AM

Read the "Posting Guidelines". Posts like this is uncalled for. Edit your post or it'll be reported! We are all here to have fun and learn new things. Be more respectful!

JMC
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM

My point is that most people already know this, and then dozens of other people already said exactly what he said many times. So he should probably look around before starting a thread about a topic that has been covered every 2 days for the last month and a half.

How about i go start a few threads about the casualty rate and how i figured it out. Then i'll start another one about high losses. Then i'll make a new thread asking why i can't bring any more troops to battle. Then i'll make another about how a low level turtle has higher level unit buildings. After that, i'll make a new thread to share base pictures and make a thread of my own about loot units.

Then, when someone posts on my threads, telling me all of those things have been discussed already and that what i'm saying is pretty common sense, i'll go sign up for a new forum account to call those guys douchebags.

War Priest
03-02-2012, 01:52 PM
From previous forum experiences, I do believe they ban the IP address rather than only accounts for this reason. So if he did create another account, once the Devs ban him i'm sure he will be done for good. On all past, present, and future accounts.

Njwmrb
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah that wasn't me, just someone else that found your comment unnecessarily offensive. There was not a similar post on the front page of the forums when I posted this thread as I'm not going to waste time flipping through every page of threads. There was however a post complaining about the casualty rates so I made this thread to offer what I have learned about the issue.

JMC
03-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah that wasn't me, just someone else that found your comment unnecessarily offensive. There was not a similar post on the front page of the forums when I posted this thread as I'm not going to waste time flipping through every page of threads. There was however a post complaining about the casualty rates so I made this thread to offer what I have learned about the issue.

Wasn't trying to be unnecessarily offensive. That's why i put "Thanks for trying to help".