PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to Buy

George S. Patton
02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Yes this is an addicting game and I love it!!!!

Early on I spent some cash and bought some reserve funds to build. Then I found this forum and got some great info. Just a question to those of you have bought Gold and those who haven't.

Is there any reason to spend money? Specifically gold.

War Priest
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Gold can get you good units and buildings. I recommend not purchasing cash, or spending gold on instant upgrades though. Cash won't get you very far, and it is very expensive. And instant upgrades cost to much gold and is expensive as well. If you plan on purchasing gold only once or twice I would spend them on defense and money buildings. As with gold units, the more you progress in levels, the more gold units required for them to be substantially effective. One or two gold units in low levels can help you greatly, but in higher levels will not be very effective.

War Priest
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I wanted to add if you do purchase gold, consider purchasing the "composites factory" as it increases your unit defense. It can be very useful as a level 10 increases defense by 20%. I think it cost me like 200 gold, but gold well spent.

digitalwalker
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I m a light gold player, and have 2 account, my experiences told me that, if u r in low level(before level30), buying gold units is the best choice which gives u an advanced stats over ur ravils, and what more important is that most people didn't use this advanced stats to keep themselves advanced while leveling, and end up with keep lowering the effectiveness of those earlier bought gold units in higher levels. That what my old account experienced.

While u r in a low level and bought a few gold units, use them to do pvp and farm cash, and use those farmed cash to buy end game units which will keep ur stats advanced when level up. I think this is the way to optimize the gold value u spent. Like my new account, bought some gold units initially, and used them properly which gave me a huge amount of cash, and now, my average single unit are worth more than 1 million, and they all came from the benefit of the earlier gold units.

If u r in high level, small amount of gold units won't help a lot, I suggest u not buy any.

Gold money buildings look like have a nice pay out, but if u carefully compare them with higher level money buildings, u will find they r essentially the same, so gold money buildings r something like give u a priority to buy higher level money buildings. However, most people r not having trouble to buy money buildings,but have troubles to upgrade them, so i would say actually gold money buildings only worth to buy if u have bought and upgraded the normal money buildings and want a further fast increase in money income.

As war priest mentioned, the composite factory probably is the best option to spent gold on. The benefit of it r enormous and will keep increasing. So, it's a must buy.

Instant finishing is more personal favored, someone value theirs time and patient more than dollars, then fine. And for me, I only spent gold on this in a very rare occasions, like the building is going to finish in a half hour but I m gona sleep in a minute. This game is a long term strategy game, if u spent cash in it, let ur cash give u longer time of enjoyment, don't let it bored so soon:)

War Priest
02-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I agree with digitalwalker it's all about personal preference. I don't know what type of gold buyer I would be considered but I do purchase a lot of gold. Not $15,000 like people claim others spend, but I personally like to collect the 4 limited edition units that come out weekly. But none of it ever goes towards upgrade times. Once I had spent 500 gold to speed it up on accident which sucked as thats like $40 but other than that. The composite factory is a must and to me the EMP Cannon is a good buy too. Level one is 125 defense and I don't think anybody really knows what level 10 is but I'm curious on that. Although many say they don't spend their time upgrading defense buildings.

George S. Patton
02-28-2012, 01:10 PM
I haven't bought any gold and don't plan to at this moment. I'm at level 36 right now and just making money is the most important and building my military units. Can you acquire gold without paying for it. I think one of you indicated that you can acquire gold at each level increase. If so how do you that?

Thanks all

Patton 368283950

War Priest
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
No, you can only get gold by purchasing it. You can't win or earn gold.

Mcdoc
02-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Patton 368253950

Friend request FAILED: Cannot find anyone with that Alliance ID. Please Try Again

Hmmmmm?

George S. Patton
02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Sorry McDoc,

Here you go 368283950

I edited my post.

JackoV
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
dont buy gold.. it start with purchasing 1 bag.. 2... 3.. and then 23049430
addicttttttttttttt yes.

It took me almost $2000 and realised the system in MW is ****.. full goldplayers are untouchable.
I can also buy full gold army.. but there would be NO challenge / NO goal / NO fun.

I have really aloooot respect for those FREE players out there.. and managed to get so far... Im impatient.. and spend alot gold for upgrade times etc.. DONT DO IT o.o lol

So.. If you really want to buy gold.. it will help you in the early levels alot... but in the end it is a trap!!

You decide.. don't get addict lollllll :(

War Priest
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
dont buy gold.. it start with purchasing 1 bag.. 2... 3.. and then 23049430
addicttttttttttttt yes.

It took me almost $2000 and realised the system in MW is ****.. full goldplayers are untouchable.
I can also buy full gold army.. but there would be NO challenge / NO goal / NO fun.

I have really aloooot respect for those FREE players out there.. and managed to get so far... Im impatient.. and spend alot gold for upgrade times etc.. DONT DO IT o.o lol

So.. If you really want to buy gold.. it will help you in the early levels alot... but in the end it is a trap!!

You decide.. don't get addict lollllll :(

Just because you purchase gold doesn't mean you have to spend them on units. And if you do spend them on units, doesn't mean you have to have a golden army. I agree with gold being addicitve, but it doesn't mean you have to become a golden army player.

sbryan73
02-29-2012, 06:27 PM
sad dude you spent that much money wow