PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Higher Level Players Input

vball
02-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Hello all. I am a level 39 with 31 allies, and an attack of 2440 defense of 2776. I have purchased some gold units, but not many. Made a lot of mistakes and hoping not to create more and thought I would ask some of you higher level players your thoughts and get some feedback.

At this point, seem to be stronger than most at my current level, but in planning, will get annihilated by most of you, so trying to prepare myself now for that growth point where you will see me and attack. Actually for some reason Digital Camper saw me and sadly annihilated me. LOL Thought about attacking him back but figured it was like attacking a battleship with a bb gun. My focus is not now or even a few weeks, but down the line when I hit that magical level that will open me up to forces in the 34k attack range.

1. Doing a combination of attacks and camping to maximize my base and income. Current income is $149,603 per hour (theoretical) and have about 6.6 million in the bank with a vault size of 7.5 million. Currently finishing the last vault upgrade. My thoughts are to use the money to increase my forces as well as continue to upgrade buildings and build money buildings. Currently only have two left I can build until level 40 as I will be maxed out.

2. Ally count. Currently keeping a small number of allies as I build my base and build an army to prepare for the eventual battle against high levels. Some of the posts suggest that when you hit a certain level everyone can see you. Should I keep my count small now or grow it now or in the future?

3. Assuming #1 is true my old defense units were the weaker ones. Then upgraded to the ambulances and medics. Now thinking of bypassing them and looking more to Stealth Survellance Drone (not yet) and mine launchers for my primary defense, but leave others as defensive meat as I will have to eventually ramp up my ally count. This would provide a stronger defense against sea and air. It seems prudent in the long run to have a lot of medics as the ally count goes up. Does this make sense or am I whacked?

4. On attack, have shifted to stealth frigates, ospreys, super hornets and amphib hovercraft using the flamethrowers as my meat units. Although as the relative strength grows it might make sense to make commandos the meat units. Trying to balance the units purchased against the formula showing the relative loss ratio of units to maximize my attacks while not losing expensive units. It seems to me that having infantry as long term meat makes a great deal of sense. Do you all attack with these units or do you have so many allies you are using the very weak units such as tree snipers (att. 3)?

5. Is there a relative ratio of unit combination that maximizes the risk/reward of higher value units versus the meat units? So far it seems the game has dictated to me the balance. Once I tip over a point, I lose high level units, but below a point I rarely lose them, but my flamethrowers die heavily which is ok. As you all got large, I wonder if it still helps having the snipers and desert leaders simply due to economics of buying hundred upon hundreds of units. Or based upon my strategy, start the accumulation now in preparation and increase my flamethrowers from 60 to 600.. It seems that once I drop below 40% or so of my meat units, I start to lose ospreys and so on. Have you all seen this too?

So my strategy of a bit of camping, some attacks when the opportunity is right while building my base and a cache of units. Eventually will march up the levels and face a much higher level of combatant than I have seen so far. At this point the strategy has worked but what about when I reach your levels of 60, 80, 100?

My thinking (right or wrong) is that I need to have adequate defenses/attack and will have to eventually build the allies. With the game still changing, if I keep it relatively low, say in the 100-200 range will that keep the others from seeing me until level 100 or whatever it is?

Any input is helpful and if you want a new ally, would love to be able to see what you have and how you are structuring yourself. Screen name is photographer and my ID is 838 477 684.

On the flip side, sad that I missed a love bomber and chocolate submarine as some of the units admittedly are pretty funny.

Thanks for any guidance.

digitalwalker
02-29-2012, 08:19 AM
sorry for attacked u, and I have leveled quite a lot since then, so u shouldn't worry anymore, I wouldn't c u again soon :)

Agent Orange
02-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't buy meat shields, waste of money IMHO, use loot units instead. They are free.

Agent Orange
02-29-2012, 08:58 AM
As a high level player L 115 I would say you have two options. Build up a strong defensive army including the buildings and boost or quit playing when you hit L90. L70-90 is a toss up right now with mostly camping taking place due to the insanely high loss rates.

Granted without the insanely high loss rates we would most likely have a gold induced blood bath so honestly I don't see a solution to the problem.

vball
02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Ha, thanks for that digitalwalker. But that is the reason for the game right? For us to whomp on each other?

I guess on my end this is fun and entertaining and do not take it too seriously if I get attacked.

Orange - Most impressive, and see that you have no meat. During your battles was concerned that I would be losing those instead of meat shields as I am not sure I have confidence in the loss ratios for units. On occasion still losing hovercraft and super hornets.

When I increased the number of non meat units, noticed my losses on those went up dramatically, hence the question from your and others experience, not based upon a theoretical if that makes sense at all.

Hassleham
02-29-2012, 10:09 AM
If you put your id number on these forums you will get lots of people adding you and you can leave these requests pending for as long as you like. Then if you decide you want more allies you can drastically increase numbers instantly by accepting all requests.

Agent Orange
02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Ha, thanks for that digitalwalker. But that is the reason for the game right? For us to whomp on each other?

I guess on my end this is fun and entertaining and do not take it too seriously if I get attacked.

Orange - Most impressive, and see that you have no meat. During your battles was concerned that I would be losing those instead of meat shields as I am not sure I have confidence in the loss ratios for units. On occasion still losing hovercraft and super hornets.

When I increased the number of non meat units, noticed my losses on those went up dramatically, hence the question from your and others experience, not based upon a theoretical if that makes sense at all.

In the lower levels the game is actually a lot of fun. Many of us now have another player since each account is tied to the IOS device and not our apple account. So we take what we learned from the game and apply it to our llp (low level player). You get loot units with PvP though depends a lot on where you are at in the game suddenly because in some levels PvP is not a good option as you loose a lot more than you will ever gain.

In terms of PvP loot losses, I can't say I was worried about it. Have 531 Satellite Trucks, 41 Battle Tanks, 519 Jungle Bombers, and an assortment of other loot units. I think on average it was about 1 unit in 3 attacks though there are unit losses as well so I really don't care about losses there whereas if you are buying meat shields you are tossing money away. . The trick just like setting up your defenses is to intel your opponent before you attack just to see what they have in terms of strong against units. If it looks like they followed my suggestion of targeting Super Hornets and Stealth Frigates I would probably move on since the way the game is setup now we seem to be loosing a lot of expensive units for very little gain.

nighthunter
02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Have 531 Satellite Trucks, 41 Battle Tanks, 519 Jungle Bombers
wow...how many fights? I never got jungle bombers....are they also pvp drops?

nighthunter
02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Granted without the insanely high loss rates we would most likely have a gold induced blood bath so honestly I don't see a solution to the problem.

Well without high loss rates you wouldn't lose anything during the "blood bath", so...

digitalwalker
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
By mentioning pvp drops, i am going to start a new thread of it, check it out.

Agent Orange
02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Have 531 Satellite Trucks, 41 Battle Tanks, 519 Jungle Bombers
wow...how many fights? I never got jungle bombers....are they also pvp drops?

Currently 17,851 fights won, 1363 fights lost. I'm a free player, there are a lot of gold players
with far more impressive stats than I. Yes all those are PvP drops. I used to have several hundred mini subs but have better missions to hit for loot now.

digitalwalker
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Currently 17,851 fights won, 1363 fights lost. I'm a free player, there are a lot of gold players
with far more impressive stats than I. Yes all those are PvP drops. I used to have several hundred mini subs but have better missions to hit for loot now.

Agent, u may have noticed ur word of defining the entry level for whales zone has became the camping level for all other low level players. Just would to take the opportunity to thank u for the contributions to the forum:) great to have u as an experienced high level players to help around.

Agent Orange
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Well without high loss rates you wouldn't lose anything during the "blood bath", so...

Not sure what you mean by that....

nighthunter
02-29-2012, 03:22 PM
ideally if they only change the attack/defense casualty rate but not raiding, then you are not going to lose units being attacked or raided.
It doesn't really matter even though you would be losing a lot more, right?