PDA

View Full Version : Syncing my Laundromats

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I just can't wait that long. This is gonna be brutal.

Just kidding.

Serious question: I frequently see comments indicating that people check every 12/24 hours but wait the full 24/48 to synchronize the longer buildings. Why do you do this? Wouldn't it make more sense to just collect whatever is available every 12/24? I'm not seeing the benefit other than maybe some OCD thing about having each class of timer perfectly aligned. If one were to collect every 12, on average 25% of the 48s would be available for collection, making for more normalized income. Furthermore, this would be a method of hedging bets against missed collections and inconvenient upgrades. With this method, one would never need to specifically synchronize. Any lapse would be normalized by resumed scheduled collections.

What am I missing?

Nicholost
02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
EDIT: I read it again and realized that I failed to comprehend TS' point and responded to something different. So let me try this again.

What am I missing?
Nothing. I agree. If you must sync, do so in blocks of 12, even if they are 24 or 48 hour buildings. IMO, it's more rewarding to collect a consistent sum every period than a giant one every 4th period.

But honestly, I don't deliberately sync. Sleeping, work, and daily activities synchronize my buildings. About the time everything gets into sync, something happens that throws it all off, so I just let sleeping, work, and daily activities do the work for me.

Ramshutu
02-28-2012, 10:45 AM
If you are online, and the building is available, collect it. Buildings will automatically sync to your play patterns over a period of time.

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey Tramp was going on your still behind bars.

How long was the sentence, was it a fair trial, do you need me to post your bail my income is good.

Also love the thread, your too wise for me to answer it so I'm giving up!

Euchred
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
If I'm reading it right explosive consumption.

erik
02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
I dont sync my 12s w/ my 24/48, nor do I try to match my 8s w/ anything.

Shorter times float more, especially my 8s.( yes i know this was about 12/24/48 but same idea.)

My 24/48s have moved 5 mins in 1 month. My 8s have req'd a rollover, and my 12s slide 5 mins here or there on a regular basis.

Having a large collection daily and monster collection every other day (48s are actually synced to the same day (by build) together) allows me to save huge amounts of banking fees. (Sorry TS, but its coming!)

New builds have been synced to the 48s and I do my best to steer upgrades to the big collection as well. I use my 12s as solid targets when I cannot, and steer back to the 24/28. Millions ahead this way thus far.

As an example, tonight I am kicking a loft upgrade from my 12s and it is landing about 5 mins before my 24/48 days later. 500k+ saved.

Need to keep your chart handy and plan ahead tho.

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 02:49 PM
If I'm reading it right explosive consumption.

Wouldn't leaving your economy for the robbing for up to 48 hours accomplish the opposite? I'd think my proposed method would mitigate defense explosives usage.

Having a large collection daily and monster collection every other day (48s are actually synced to the same day (by build) together) allows me to save huge amounts of banking fees.

Interesting response. I had not considered this.

Euchred
02-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Wouldn't leaving your economy for the robbing for up to 48 hours accomplish the opposite? I'd think my proposed method would mitigate defense explosives usage.

Ya I read it wrong, all I can say is I collect my 8's 12's and 24's all at differnet times but each respective category together.

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I just upgraded one of mine and they are unsynced, sold I leave one so I can sync them? Should I have upgraded it to finished synced already? Fail on my part

Jill
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Sleeping, work, and daily activities synchronize my buildings. About the time everything gets into sync, something happens that throws it all off, so I just let sleeping, work, and daily activities do the work for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Nicholost here my life does the synchronizing for me

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I normally call myself a "sloppy collector" but "life synchronizer" sounds classier. I am genuinely impressed with the people who can do even single collection timers, let alone several of them, and have them skew by no more than a few minutes over the course of months. Meanwhile I can't count the number of times my Lofts and Movie Theaters have rolled around because I missed pickups by hours.