PDA

View Full Version : whats the point if u cant attack your rivals without losing units?

ZackStarre
02-28-2012, 03:15 AM
You attack someone with half the allies yet your win costs you at least 1 unit everytime and if they are nearly as strong, you lose 2 or more, costing thousands, i stupidly thought this game was going to get better but unlike crime city there is no fun at higher levels raiding ur rivals bases. If u r bored with modern war crime city is a much more playable fair game, if u are stronger u win they lose u get their money and it doesnt cost you. so i will continue my jihad against the americans ( im playing iran) until i run out of units then i,m going to quit.

EnjoyLife
02-28-2012, 03:37 AM
What is your character build up like? I'm not losing a unit every time I attack.

Desas
02-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Enloylife, what are your forces???

I have around 600 units coming to battle, ~150 rangers, ~100 valor units, ~ 100 loot unit, ~100 amphibious troopers, and then ~150 of more expensive cash units (frigates, snipers, etc)

Again I am level 40 with still initial economy behind, and my army is a poor one :)
I don't mind loosing these units, and me too lose 2-3 units every battle, but I wonder would I be so happy if my army would (and will in the future) consist of units pricing from 200K... and loosing these ones would make me cry :)

But supposedly your army has only expensive, low causality rate units, are you saying that you are not loosing them so often????

Hassleham
02-28-2012, 05:11 AM
so i will continue my jihad against the americans ( im playing iran) until i run out of units then i,m going to quit.

LOL

Your army needs to consist of some "meat-shields" - cheap units which will die often and hopefully take the place of the more expensive units on the casualty list.

Cousins
02-28-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm high level 20's, UK, with zero allies (one ally technically speaking!) and have approx 4 mil i cash, most outside my vault and if I need more cash for building, I go and attack. My stats are A 140 and D 284. When attacking four Stealth Frigates are used and when defending four Mine Launchers (I guess) are used. I've carried out many, many attacks and have so far yet to lose a Frigate, and win 99% of my attacks and very occasionally I'm attacked and again I win 99% of these and people leave me money. The only time I lose is if it's against a gold player (I have no problem with gold players, just too tight to spend my money!). The question is, and what point do I need allies? Either I've been very lucky, or players with more than one ally can't see me on their rivals list. Does that chance at some level???

Knowing my luck, I've spoken too soon and when I get back to the game, find I've no money

Hugh Bris
02-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Zackstarre - many people here have mentioned this so I cannot take credit but a few things:

As said by Qeeeeeef - start getting a LOT of cheap soldiers like the $600 to $2000 range to take the hits.

Stop fighting for a while and camp out to collect money and build up those smaller units so later they can be the ones to take the hits. I have noticed, now that I've grown big, that if you have too many cheap soldiers they don't do anything for PVP battles. I keep them around for missions that require them like the Amphibious Trooper goal. Loot farm once you get stronger and you will notice quick results. Once you start fighting you'll get more valor points. THEN read the loot farm thread in this forum for strategies.

Valor points can be hard to come by since I just suggested you not fight. Only fight to meet the "fighting" goals and pick your matches carefully. It SUCKS to waste so much time checking out another player's stats before fighting but in your situation it's highly recommended. Spend your valor points wisely and ONLY after you've built up those cheaper units (army trucks,$4000 figher jets and jeeps help too). If you don't have enough cheap units it will take your valor units.

Invest in economy even if you get raided and try not to get discouraged. MOST players remember how it was for them and will leave you alone once they see you are weak.

Get allies ASAP. The more you have, the more you can carry into battle. It's 5 allies added per level and each can bring 4 items to your total items used in a fight. VERY important. Try not to get too many so you don't show up on the big dog's radar.

Take some time reading here - lots of guides and advice if you're patient enough to sift through it.

Good luck and come back for questions - most of these guys can give much better info than I just did and have tons of great guides.

Aidan
02-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Cousins, it does change at higher lvl.
I am now doing a test on low ally strategy (previously running at full allies) n wht i cn tell u is tht i cn see plyrs at my lvl as low as 1 allies. N suffice to say i attckd thm a lot since quite a number of thm hv lots of unvated money. U might wanna get ready to get ur allies up whn things change.

OR myb it wont change. Who knws. Theory behind this is tht myb at ur lvl. 20s tht is, there is a lot of plyrs on tht bracket so funzio r able to grouped u guys by number of allies. On the higher lvl where there is less plyrs, they will be grouped with wider range of number of allies. Like in my case, frm 1-135 allies. On 75+ lvl it's been reported tht it ranged frm 1-500.
So, question is r u willing to gamble? If all this while u hvnt strt to buy high priced units eventho u wont be able to use thm, u might wanna strt doing just tht. Or if ur gamble pays off thn probably by the time u move to higher lvl there will be enuf plyr to able funzio to continue with the current grouping.

Agent Orange
02-28-2012, 09:53 AM
You attack someone with half the allies yet your win costs you at least 1 unit everytime and if they are nearly as strong, you lose 2 or more, costing thousands, i stupidly thought this game was going to get better but unlike crime city there is no fun at higher levels raiding ur rivals bases. If u r bored with modern war crime city is a much more playable fair game, if u are stronger u win they lose u get their money and it doesnt cost you. so i will continue my jihad against the americans ( im playing iran) until i run out of units then i,m going to quit.

Hmmm I would suggest not attacking until you figure out what you did wrong with your armies setup.

JMC
02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I really don't know why turtles keep coming into threads about the casualty rate. Their PvP is nothing like everyone else's, so what they have to say really doesn't relate at all to other people's problems.

War Priest
02-28-2012, 11:41 AM
It's the name of the game. You lose casualties in real life as well. You need to check your rivals stats before attacking. Having less allies doesn't mean there half as strong as you. Attack and defense scores are what determine strenght, not ally count. Check their attack and defense scores, and you can even take a glance at their inventory. Don't just click "attack" on the rivals list as you don't know what that players inventory or scores are. You could end up attacking a player with a gold army and end up on his news feed. And if you lose more money in units than what you gained in cash, figure out why so you know what to look for next time.

Your attack score has to be higher than their defense score. I don't know if you already know this but you didn't give us the proper information to determine why this is happening to you. But you can not only rely on if they have less allies than they must be stronger. I get attacked, and attack people with 100 more units in battle and I still defeat them.