PDA

View Full Version : What dumb thing have you done in Crime City?

schnuffler
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
What dumb thing have you done that you really regret doing?

Personally, I wsh I'd visited the forums a lot sooner than I did.

fuzzy
02-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Doing the missions. What waste of money and useless items.

Nicholost
02-27-2012, 06:13 PM
The dumbest thing I did was make it to level 62 before reading the forums. So everything between level 1 and 62 is equally the dumbest thing I have ever done in CC.

CJ Sniper
02-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Low level missions are cheap and worth the effort since you don't have anything better to do with the time while you are waiting for timers to recharge. Once you are expected to start putting 700,000-1 million into weapons you will never use, or upgrading useless buildings for goals which will cost a small fortune and and steal many, many days away from increasing your income, it's time to quit them.

I kind of regret waiting until my 60's to start really developing my economy. Even now into my mid 70s robbing and attacking is still about 80% of my income. I'm sure I will need to eventually stop and camp once I start coming up against people who can either defend against me or who are strong enough to attack back.

Ghost818
02-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Dumbest things I've done are TWO accidental vault of cash purchases instead of gold and just 2 minutes ago the game lagged while I was scrolling the speacial menu and I bought a extra mafia member that I don't need lol

Swifty
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
1) I should have read the forums from the very beginning

2) the "econ-less" experiment was a terrible waste of time; I should have been upgrading, building, and expanding

Fricco
02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
buying 100 tommy guns or was it 200, no wait..... maybe the 300 plus.
(and to add insult to injury i quested to lvl 90 before reading forum)

Euchred
02-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I sold most of my buildings at around level 20 with the plan to fill my hood with houses.

Then I realised you could only build two of each money building and came crawling to the forum.

inb4 spent real money

Nudie
02-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Buying 100 combat boots.

kimberleyj
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Spending my money trying to get the sig then finding out that the diamonds just carries on to the hd version.

blondealex
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Had a guy threatening to kill me and my family because he couldn't beat me.

I gave him my address and dared him to come play. Je hasn't made me regret it, but in hindsight it was pretty dumb.

Xira
02-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Buying 100 combat boots.

I second that as well as my delay to the forums

Steve0
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Early on I sold all my buildings and now I am making up for it. Not knowing the forum and Not farming the M4A1 early on. Did to much story line.

Max Power
02-27-2012, 07:41 PM

I gave him my address and dared him to come play. Je hasn't made me regret it, but in hindsight it was pretty dumb.

What was your address again? I wrote it down but I lost it.

dudeman
02-27-2012, 07:44 PM
I didn't start visiting the forum until I had already done some useless stuff. So regardless of where I went wrong, it can usually be traced back to the one cause. What stops your car? It's not brakes.
also, mossberg

Alice
02-27-2012, 07:47 PM
I really wish to buy my itouch earlier and start CC earlier...Although lucky enough to get 10 diamonds, I've only got the Strap not Sig.

Alice
02-27-2012, 07:49 PM

....opps, that's really the worst thing I've ever known

erik
02-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Buying Yamahas. Now I watch them come off my fight inv. every day.

faridurr
02-27-2012, 08:51 PM
minimizing economy.. not starting to farm till like lvl 50... doing machine gun malfunction

faridurr
02-27-2012, 08:52 PM
a lil off topic- buying yams are mistake? hell i been buying em like crazy... i cant access excelero, so should i just stick to yams?

blondealex
02-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Getting up to about 100 bikes isn't a mistake if you're still that early in the game. It will be a while before you replace them.

CounterSniper
02-27-2012, 09:24 PM
What was your address again? I wrote it down but I lost it.

Now that's just good comedy.

Nudie
02-27-2012, 09:36 PM
I really wish to buy my itouch earlier and start CC earlier...Although lucky enough to get 10 diamonds, I've only got the Strap not Sig.

What are the stats on the strap? Do you still get the +1 respect from fights?

CounterSniper
02-27-2012, 09:50 PM
My biggest face palm moment was when I drew out a large sum of cash to add to what was already exposed and messed up the math (calculator always now), so I had to draw out an extra k and between the lag and the weird way the screen shifts in the bank I ended up accidentally redepositing all the money and then had to wait to make up the difference cuz of the 10% vig to the bank. It was only 1 million for an expansion but losing 10% and being forced to wait sucked big time.

It still pisses me off.

nvbealone
02-28-2012, 09:13 AM
by downloading the app in store and playing till now..

2Legit
02-28-2012, 09:17 AM
All of the above. I feel so ashamed >.< plz look away...

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 09:17 AM
I can't. Your ass is too fine.

2Legit
02-28-2012, 09:55 AM
hahaha, it is so irresistible, even some girls agree...right?? what rhymes with "winkie" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcbsy5SiCIo

Dorian Gray
02-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Buying Yamahas. Now I watch them come off my fight inv. every day.

What are they replaced with?

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 10:05 AM

http://sc****tv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-2/emilys-dream-giant-breasts.jpg

2Legit
02-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Tramp Stamp

oh my!!! That's the half piece off my pic....you exposed it!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Xira
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Tramp those are so big they would just get in the way...

Max Power
02-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Tramp those are so big they would just get in the way...

I could find a way to make it work....

Tramp Stamp
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
You should be thanking her for getting in your way.

Xira
02-28-2012, 10:33 AM
The only plus side is you would not need to buy milk.... Like ever.

blondealex
02-28-2012, 11:00 AM

Double Deckers is what I'm using Dorian.

blondealex
02-28-2012, 11:01 AM
The only plus side is you would not need to buy milk.... Like ever.
Could save money on pillows also.

koralene
02-28-2012, 11:49 AM
1. Buying tommy guns and 226 combat boots... what a waste
2. Leveling too quickly
3. Not reading the forums right away
4. Not farming for M4 ASAP
5. Paying cash for weapons instead of using RP & gold
6. Not working on my economy right away
7. Having too many mafia right away

hahahaha... lots of regrets but working on to correct them all now :)

Bruiser
02-28-2012, 12:29 PM
1. Buying tommy guns and 226 combat boots... what a waste
2. Leveling too quickly
3. Not reading the forums right away
4. Not farming for M4 ASAP
5. Paying cash for weapons instead of using RP & gold
6. Not working on my economy right away
7. Having too many mafia right away

I was exactly the same but you can correct it easily. I still level quickly but have a sustainable economy and solid base now that it doesn't worry me too much. I know I can't compete with the big money spenders but I can sure anoy them enough

koralene
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
I was exactly the same but you can correct it easily. I still level quickly but have a sustainable economy and solid base now that it doesn't worry me too much. I know I can't compete with the big money spenders but I can sure anoy them enough

hahaha... i see lots of bruisers on there. what level you on? My economy is at 205k right now... working on getting it to 300k in the next couple of weeks. :)

frenda
02-28-2012, 12:55 PM
My biggest face palm moment was when I drew out a large some of cash to add to what was already exposed and messed up the math (calculator always now), so I had to draw out an extra k and between the lag and the weird way the screen shifts in the bank I ended up accidentally redepositing all the money and then had to wait to make up the difference cuz of the 10% vig to the bank. It was only 1 million for an expansion but losing 10% and being forced to wait sucked big time.

It still pisses me off.

+1 That and accidentally attacking someone before hitting rob first because of fat fingers and small iPhone screen. To add insult to injury, I had not deposited my money, so I also lost bigtime (relatively speaking). What a maroon...

Bruiser
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Bruiser (with the capital) level 146. 200k is a solid base, work on PvP and RP weapons (can't go wrong with Chain Whips as I now see the biggest increase in my att and def from them)

Fricco
02-28-2012, 01:29 PM
+1 That and accidentally attacking someone before hitting rob first because of fat fingers and small iPhone screen. To add insult to injury, I had not deposited my money, so I also lost bigtime (relatively speaking). What a maroon...

damn you Frenda !!!

im not sure how i forgot such a travesty,
my lvl 4 movie theater was sold due to a glitch and i didnt realize at
the time so i was walking around with over 300k and doing those fight goals
win x amount of times in a row, eventually i lost and much to my surprise i lost 30k !
(i think i won like 12 back )

Royal Flush
02-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Buying gold defence buildings >_<

Jill
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Not knowing soon enough what to do and what to aim for was my BIG mistake and not getting into this forum of course goes hand in hand with my frist point.

dudeman
02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Not knowing soon enough what to do and what to aim for was my BIG mistake and not getting into this forum of course goes hand in hand with my frist point.

That goes along with my "what stops your car" question. Yes brakes, but that's not really the answer. Friction stops your car.

So you didn't mess up by not figuring things out sooner, you messed up by not visiting the forum sooner. Like many of us.

koralene
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Buying gold defence buildings >_<

Oh yeah... forgot that one. I bought like 6 bodyguard agencies and leveled them all up to 6. I really regret that one. lol

pooOnU
03-03-2012, 12:18 AM
The dumbest thing I did was selling all my buildings that took months to upgrade because I was sick and tired of having the game own my time. I was drunk so I didn't know any better.

CounterSniper
03-03-2012, 12:59 AM
The dumbest thing I did was selling all my buildings that took months to upgrade because I was sick and tired of having the game own my time. I was drunk so I didn't know any better.

Shoulda emailed Funzio, they would have restored them all for you.

duder
03-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Camping for six months... now always want to wait until I have enough cash.

k0de
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I've done (and continue to do) many stupid things. Specifically, I keep all my ****ty old useless buildings like Sushi Bars, Gas Stations and an Arcade, because I don't wanna have to re-arrange the layout of my hood. Further to that, I paid gold for 6 Wasteland Pistols which have since been superseded by weapons which cost me nothing (other than hours upon hours of my time).

But by far the thing I regret the most was the decision to let my Anthrax Grenades run down because it was getting annoying to have to keep replacing them. Plus, I considered them a bit expensive. That was three weeks ago. I allowed them to come back from about 70-80 to around 30 or so. Still kick myself about it, especially when I see and opponent with 5 or 6 hundred of them. Of course, I have over 500 Molitovs which arent being used.

I think I was in your hood yesterday (Lvl125 right?). You seem to be... doing well enough. Though now that you mention it you could probably use an upgrade or two. But with stats like yours, I doubt many at that level can get close to you.

transfer
03-04-2012, 07:39 AM
I'd be not surrised if many have done that as well :
- Deleted a Warehouse by mistake, contacted Funzio to restore it THEN upgraded it to level 7. Only consolation, it glitched at a point and upgraded itself from 5 to 6 instantly.
- Keep expanding at 2.4M to build one extra Flower Shop instead of destroying that Warehouse and instead of using my money better to say upgrade Loft from 1 to 2.
- Keep trying to do Goals for the sake of completion even knowing the rewards sucks donkey balls, I think that might be a TOC.

Ah well, at least I somehow know I suck at this :D