PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded WTF inadvertent/misclicks

emcee
02-27-2012, 03:30 AM
Anyone playing Crime City or Modern War for any length of time will have come across the dreaded WTF inadvertent action or misclicks.

I've had my share of such things; notably expanding my hood on my tortoise account or worse yet selling an income building accidentally. Unfortunately, the latter happened twice in Modern War and the first time I bit the bullet and just rebuilt and upgraded the supply depot back to level 4 (from what I recall). About 2 weeks ago the same thing happened to a level 6 military market. This time I decided to contact Funzio support and in a couple of days they reinstated the sold building.

I've read numerous post of people burning through their gold by completing builds or upgrades accidentally. This happened on the initial 10 gold on my Modern War account.

I suggest there should be some extra settings options in these games to turn on/off selling buildings and turn on/off using gold. For instance, if I don't plan to sell a building or spend gold in the near future then click the deactivate button. Alternatively, if I now want to buy an ice cream shop I would click the activate button in settings, buy said building and then deactivate again to protect the gold.

Alternatively, there has been suggestions of banking gold which is another viable option but hopefully without 10% penalty.

Inadvertent double clicks usually results from a lag between my iphone and the server and/or a fumbling of the device. If its too difficult to add additional options in the setup page then maybe an additional click to complete a transaction or possibly a different action like a swipe or even entering a security code.

Probably the easiest option is to just move the confirmation screen to let's say the top right corner of the device screen and not in the general area where the initial click situated from.

Obviously such options would relieve any undue stress for misclicks or wasting any Funzio support time.

Al boss
02-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Omfg biggest support it happens to me all the time, and you have the perfect solutions, a button near the one click job button to allow gold usage and sell building etc.
Plz funzio if you see this implement it, I just sent a request for assistance after being fed up of losing too much gold from this!
Everyone plz support!!!!!!!
+1

Fig Oni
02-27-2012, 04:41 AM
@emcee
I made a thread asking for a gold bank.
You deposit you gold like a bank and use it once withdrawn but the idea got nixed.
Also for 10-20 gold lost by accidentally refilling energy or stamina most people don't bother explaining to support to get it back so if in a day 10 people refill there energy by accident and don't ask for it back, conzio made an extra 200g in revenue

Max Power
02-27-2012, 04:52 AM
The fact that you get a pop-up to tell you when you got robbed, double checking when you want to delete a mob request, etc, yet they hove not implemented a pop-up for spending gold or deleting buildings tells you everything you need to know. Misclicks spending gold are probably a large profit center for them, and all we can do to change it is have enough requests for fixes that the customer service costs become more of a problem for them so they see it as not worth it anymore.

Tells you a lot actually.

Nicholost
02-27-2012, 06:07 AM
The fact that you get a pop-up to tell you when you got robbed, double checking when you want to delete a mob request, etc, yet they hove not implemented a pop-up for spending gold or deleting buildings tells you everything you need to know. Misclicks spending gold are probably a large profit center for them, and all we can do to change it is have enough requests for fixes that the customer service costs become more of a problem for them so they see it as not worth it anymore.

Tells you a lot actually.
I would say it "implies," but doubt gold spending without a confirmation prompt is left open as a income generator. I think the more likely cause is different code written on different days or by different people to different specs. These consistancies happen a lot when writing software and I would say that's probably the case here. I would hope so anyway because I have misclicked more than once and have a ticket open because of lost gold as a result.

I think the ideal solution would be a combination of Max Power's and emcee's suggestions; have two settings, "prompt for gold spending" and "prompt for building selling." When either are on, the game asks the user to confirm that they wish to sell a building/spend gold. That way it doesn't hinder or annoy users who don't have a problem with misclicks, but protects those who are concerned about it.

CounterSniper
02-27-2012, 06:17 AM
I would say it "implies," but doubt gold spending without a confirmation prompt is left open as a income generator. I think the more likely cause is different code written on different days or by different people to different specs. These consistancies happen a lot when writing software and I would say that's probably the case here. I would hope so anyway because I have misclicked more than once and have a ticket open because of lost gold as a result.

I think the ideal solution would be a combination of Max Power's and emcee's suggestions; have two settings, "prompt for gold spending" and "prompt for building selling." When either are on, the game asks the user to confirm that they wish to sell a building/spend gold. That way it doesn't hinder or annoy users who don't have a problem with misclicks, but protects those who are concerned about it.

I have to agree with Max Power on this.

It seems to be an industry standard for most "Freemium" games across multiple genres.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 06:19 AM
I wonder how large the correlation factor is between alcohol consumption and misclicks?

From my own experience, I would say there is a definite factor between Absinthe and misclicks.

Ohaithere
02-27-2012, 06:22 AM
I think it should just be on gold activities such as buying stamina and energy refill not on every cash purchase, very good poll though nice one swifty

My Mia licks have come when o have been tired, like miss clicking the free option for lockboxes, see my sig

2Legit
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssss, they def do asap

Ghost818
02-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I actually did one of these today game lagged while I was scrolling an I found myself with 17 gold missing and an extra mafia member that I didn't need

nappyface
02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I sold my first building on accident just now. Luckily it was just a level 5 arcade.

stixx
02-28-2012, 03:10 AM
I sold a lvl 8 arcade, used the support feature and got it back the same day, it even stood at the same spot

Duke.0
02-28-2012, 10:21 PM
I have the problem with the bank on CC.

I hit deposit instead of withdraw and i loose money that way that i was going to spend.
They need to do something with the bank, or get rid of the 10% banking fee and make it like Modern War's where you must buy increases.

emcee
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Let's add another misclick hood expansion on my tortoise account. Level 8 saving up for night club and having two unnecessary hood expansions by accident does not help getting to 40,000,000 sooner :(

Bea
05-27-2012, 07:00 AM
It's way too easy to accidentally spend gold but will they listen?

mnju_03
05-27-2012, 07:07 AM
My worst misclick was downloading this game.

Sanjuro
05-27-2012, 07:49 AM
I would say it "implies," but doubt gold spending without a confirmation prompt is left open as a income generator.

As someone who is "in the industry", so to speak, it probably is left open as an income generator. But to be fair, "protecting" gold in one way or another equates to "less gold spent" over time, which is not the desired outcome when you've constructed a business model that relies on - well, selling gold. But I could be overly cynical here.

I agree with adding more confirmations on deleting properties. I can see that being more of a hassle for support, as well. I'm guessing the standard response to an accidentally deleted property is to do some work to put the property back, where the standard response for lost gold is a simple "no". Though I'll be interested to hear if you get your gold back. Fingers crossed.

Sasha54
05-27-2012, 08:00 AM
I have made a couple of minor misclicks but 1 really major one for quite a bit of gold. I submitted a ticket and Funzio refunded my gold however I don't think that is the best solution as at some point they will just stop doing that - well I think so.
So a solution is needed. If I make any major errors in the meantime I will continue to submit tickets but I do try to be more careful now.....lol

Sasha54
05-27-2012, 08:02 AM
It's way too easy to accidentally spend gold but will they listen?

Yes they do - but I suggest you report it immediately so they can see the timeline and state your case honestly -

iteachem
05-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Okay... had gone several weeks without a misclick and today..bam... 60 gold gone on a stupid reinforced bank truck.

I was PVP and saw the truck in her inventory, wanted to see what it was (since I don't really look at the gold weapons etc) and when I clicked to bring it full screen, I must had my thumb in the wrong place because in a matter of milliseconds I now own the most ugly vehicle in crime city (aside from the ice cream truck :-) )

mob
06-01-2012, 09:20 AM
misclicks suck as evident by the sucking sound inside the domain of funzio....vortex of swirling $$$

I would have to think the are tired of "looking into" each mishap and would value their time to be spent on more productive issues. (I was once returned some gold however they did not respond to a second ticket, nor even acknowledge receipt of the email or the follow up!)

I AM ALL FOR THE DOUBLECLICK, BANK, VAULT, MATTRESS, TREASURE CHEST OR WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO PREVENT MIS-CLICKS!

Dirt road Joe
04-01-2013, 08:00 PM
I agree! The confirmation needs to be in a corner away from where you may accidentaly click it. I recently was clicking on a building in KA to see its upgrade progress and i accidentaly instantly upgraded it. Draining me of 250 Gems. Just yesterday i opened Kingdom age on my ipad, set it on the couch to let it load while i got a drink. Well i came back and it seemed my dog had walked on the screen and Purchased the 3 chest bundle you can purchase. So that drained me of another 175 Gems that i didnt want to spend! On top of that the units it gave me didnt even help my stats! So I say yes to all of your ideas emcee.

Ghost Recon
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I agree! The confirmation needs to be in a corner away from where you may accidentaly click it. I recently was clicking on a building in KA to see its upgrade progress and i accidentaly instantly upgraded it. Draining me of 250 Gems. Just yesterday i opened Kingdom age on my ipad, set it on the couch to let it load while i got a drink. Well i came back and it seemed my dog had walked on the screen and Purchased the 3 chest bundle you can purchase. So that drained me of another 175 Gems that i didnt want to spend! On top of that the units it gave me didnt even help my stats! So I say yes to all of your ideas emcee.Be careful not to necro posts (Posting in old threads). It could get you banned.

emcee
04-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Its an old thread in my signature but still the problems persist. A few days ago clicked a building by accident to complete right before bedtime. 120 gems gone and still waiting for Gree to look into it.

mxz
04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I agree with emcee - necroing is really only bad when the topic and subjects discussed are no longer relevant. This is still very relevant.

dudeman
04-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I agree with emcee - necroing is really only bad when the topic and subjects discussed are no longer relevant. This is still very relevant.

Simply put, this will always remain relevant. This issue has existed unchanged for 18+ months. If that doesn't make it obvious how much of a non-issue this is for Gree, well, anyone who fails to see that wouldn't know obvious if it bit off their nose.

tehlolkid
04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Never happened to me. Just have to be a little more careful.

Dirt road Joe
04-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Be careful not to necro posts (Posting in old threads). It could get you banned.
This was completely unintentional! If i would have seen how old it was i wouldnt have posted on it. But for some reason when i did post on it i thought it was more recent(thought i saw a recent date on it). Apologies!

MrL
04-02-2013, 12:26 AM
I accidentally sold a level 5 Loft sometime back and a quick email to support sorted it out for me. I know support gets a bit of stick on the forum but they dealt with it really promptly.

nytelock
04-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Lol, a year has passed and nothing has changed. Oh GREE.