PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

Desas
02-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Hi,

I am level 38 (att ~3k, def ~4k), been playing for ~3 weeks, mostly attacking for valor (and some looting for amfibious trooper.

Reading this forum helps a lot - thank for all of you sharing the experience :)

But, I still have some questions:

1. Raiding for valor - I read somewhere in forum that attacking unit building gives more valor. Well, I get 2-4 valor per raid and that the same I get when I attack a player, or even raid money buildings.
So has someone found any "particular" way of getting valor via raids.

2. I am L38, but I have valor mission which are named like multiplefront50, etc. What scares me is 50, meaning I am doing the mission for L50...
So what about you high level players doing a lot valor missions, do you still get all types of valor missions?

3. I am UK and sea unit should be my best ones, but the question is about valor units. Should I buy all of them (except jungle stalkers) in order to have more versatile army (btw I am now keeping all the valor units I can get at around 20-25 per type)?

Didn't want to make my first post too long :)

KCh
02-27-2012, 04:41 AM
1. I also find raiding unit buildings don't give more valor than doing attacks. I havent raided a unit building in a while so maybe its changed.

2. The number at the end is just the number of the mission you're on. Every level you have at least one of every mission type and once every few levels you get more than one of the same mission type(force degradation,total war). At low levels i think you might get missions more often than in later levels, dont remember. I'm currently at level 105 and I'm on force degradation: operation 159. I still get all types of valor missions.

3. For valor units, I would buy just the strongest types. Super hornets are best for attack and since you're UK, stealth frigates are good too. If you need to increase your defense, M270 MLRS is good. Every valor unit other than the super hornet has a "strong against" boost. You want to build your army with the strongest possible units because of the limit on units brought to battle.

Desas
02-27-2012, 05:00 AM
3. For valor units, I would buy just the strongest types. Super hornets are best for attack and since you're UK, stealth frigates are good too. If you need to increase your defense, M270 MLRS is good. Every valor unit other than the super hornet has a "strong against" boost. You want to build your army with the strongest possible units because of the limit on units brought to battle.

Thanks for the reply KCh.
For the valor units - I know that I should buy only the strongest, but while waiting I could buy not so strong in order to have better army NOW - and attack more/win more and in the end have more valor to spend...maybe :)

So I wonder should I save all the valor till I reach L60-70 say, or start spending it now?

PS. Have ~15k valor (and already 20 units each - seahawk, avenger, combat boat)

Flipmode
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm a UK player too. Have had 100 combat boats, 60 Sea Kings, 100 Avengers and 75 Jungle Stalkere for ages now (I top them up to these levels whenever they die)

Am now level 55, but have had this level for ages. Recently put some savings into 15 Stealth Frigates.

I have found that relying on valour units as the best in my army whilst I was growing was too expensive. Admittedly, a lot of this was during the period that most people found attacks to be unprofitable.

Even now I find my profit margin on valour missions to be quite low as I lose a lot of Jungle Stalkers and the occasional Avenger or Sea King. Rarely lose Combat boats.

It is getting better as I have recently reduced the amount I spend on my economy in order to tech up my unit buildings and increase my numbers of snipers/Bradleys/warthogs so they take the majority of the casualties.

Overall I would suggest not increasing your valour units too much, save for the better ones and make sure you have a cash economy efficient enough to maintain a large army if standard units. The valour units can form a solid bonus core, but you should still have a decent amount of your stats coming from cash units with similar or better stats.

Desas
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks Flipmode

Will try to save as much as I can, it's just that even with the causality rate high I was able to save 15k valor quite easily. And even low level valor unit at my level are formidable force - I guess they helped me to get these 15k...

I wonder how life was before the "death rate" has gone wild???? Almost heaven of free cash and valor...

My humble suggestion though - stop refiling jungle stalkers - they die like flies and even at my level not so useful anymore

JMC
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
The easiest high level valor unit to get is the super hornet. If you want to get stronger now and want to do it with valor, all you need is a lvl 2 advanced air base. Which can be built and upgraded in a couple days. The level 6 shipyard might take around a week and the level 8 war factory even longer. So you can wait a while before going for those.

The previous casualty rate gaurenteed zero casualties if the other player had something like less than 1 5th of your attack stat in defense. If it was higher the casualty rate was more constant. Like someone with half your strength might kill 1 or 2 units everytime. Someone with 75% of your strength or higher might kill 3-4 and even have a chance at winning a fight.

Now everyone kills units all the time. Its not as bad in lower levels but in high levels its really bad. Especially after the 1.4 update. I now lose way more valor units than its worth to even do a total war operation of 8 attacks. And at my level that rewards over 1700 valor, so you can get a picture of how high my losses are. On top of that i lose a unit worth 150K+ almost every single battle. Today i just attacked someone with 2% of my stats and i lost 2 strykers worth 600K in one fight.

Against really weak players there might be zero casualty about 35% of the time, but no matter the strength there are casualties. Theres one guy on my rivals list with 1 ally and only one unit defending him. That unit is a scout so he has a total of 1 defence. I still regularly lose units to him, so you can see how retarded the casualties are. 36500x stronger and im still taking losses.

Desas
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
but... that promised correction of death rate is coming...?
or it's beginning to be a joke on it's own?

btw your example of 1 scout should really be used as a ticket to funzio, no way they can ignore that

I can understand the "protection" needed for lower stats guys from killers like you JMC (and would still prefer protection on being at more of less same levels, ally count, cause then it's up to you to match your rivals)
but if you are totally dumb/weak/lazy/not playing anymore/etc you should NOT GET THAT KIND OF PROTECTION

nighthunter
02-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I wonder how that guy manage to get into your rival list with 1 scout?
what's his level and how did he get to that level?

The easiest high level valor unit to get is the super hornet. If you want to get stronger now and want to do it with valor, all you need is a lvl 2 advanced air base. Which can be built and upgraded in a couple days. The level 6 shipyard might take around a week and the level 8 war factory even longer. So you can wait a while before going for those.

The previous casualty rate gaurenteed zero casualties if the other player had something like less than 1 5th of your attack stat in defense. If it was higher the casualty rate was more constant. Like someone with half your strength might kill 1 or 2 units everytime. Someone with 75% of your strength or higher might kill 3-4 and even have a chance at winning a fight.

Now everyone kills units all the time. Its not as bad in lower levels but in high levels its really bad. Especially after the 1.4 update. I now lose way more valor units than its worth to even do a total war operation of 8 attacks. And at my level that rewards over 1700 valor, so you can get a picture of how high my losses are. On top of that i lose a unit worth 150K+ almost every single battle. Today i just attacked someone with 2% of my stats and i lost 2 strykers worth 600K in one fight.

Against really weak players there might be zero casualty about 35% of the time, but no matter the strength there are casualties. Theres one guy on my rivals list with 1 ally and only one unit defending him. That unit is a scout so he has a total of 1 defence. I still regularly lose units to him, so you can see how retarded the casualties are. 36500x stronger and im still taking losses.

JMC
02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
level 114 i think. Plenty of cheaters, but they don't have some hack on that makes them kill more units. All they do is glitch/hack their level or do an unlimited energy hack and level themselves up that way.

There are only 1 or two guys ive seen that have done any sort of hack that has to do with PvP. Couple of guys cannot be attacked, ever. And they have gold units that have not been released yet. Pretty sure they're banned now though.

JMC
02-27-2012, 01:55 PM
but... that promised correction of death rate is coming...?
or it's beginning to be a joke on it's own?

btw your example of 1 scout should really be used as a ticket to funzio, no way they can ignore that

I can understand the "protection" needed for lower stats guys from killers like you JMC (and would still prefer protection on being at more of less same levels, ally count, cause then it's up to you to match your rivals)
but if you are totally dumb/weak/lazy/not playing anymore/etc you should NOT GET THAT KIND OF PROTECTION

They keep saying they're working on it or in testing, but they rarely talk to the players or communicate so currently we have no idea what is going to happen or if it already happened.

Protection for weaker players is splitting people up by levels. Low ally count should not protect you. That would be making it do the opposite of what makes sense. Everyone at the same level has the same opportunity for strength and allies depending on how they worked their way up there. Whoever had the best strategy will come out on top and that's how it should be. Players should not be protected from me because they are at a similar level but my strategy allowed me to get here at double the strength that theirs did. That would defeat the purpose of the game.

Agent Orange
02-27-2012, 02:36 PM
I wonder how that guy manage to get into your rival list with 1 scout?
what's his level and how did he get to that level?

JMC and I are both over L100 and at that point we can see rivals with as little as 1 ally as long as they are over L90. I get 1 ally players now and then which get picked off constantly until they figure out that the only way out is to get more allies and build better defenses.

But as of the 1.4 update the loss ratio is even worse than it was before with everyone complaining as JMC pointed out so there is no logical reason to attack or raid as you loose far more than you gain. Oddly I noticed that the last time we had a sale on gold and money.... hmmmm.

The problem at least where we are is that there are several exceptionally strong, read that as impossible to defeat gold players so I'm not 100% sure that dropping the loss rate is a good idea. Granted I believe at least one or two are fully gold equipped so they are totally unbeatable so for them loosing units would not be something of consequence.

And I guess that is the real problem up here is what is left to do.... I have a feeling attacking and raiding get kind of stale fast and there are only so many people that take the game so seriously that they start to get bent out of shape and write nasty stuff on peoples walls so other than what limited entertainment value you can get from winding one of these people up there really isn't a whole lot to do.....

KCh
02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I also attack the lvl 114 with 1 ally. He has 4 attack and 1 defense but doesnt show on my rivals list anymore after the update. He sometimes gives zero casualties but often kills units. Ive also stopped attacking for a few days now because of the higher casualties.

nighthunter
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I think they (Funzio) messed with the rival list again, no longer seeing those rivals with single digit allies...

gomumajelo
02-27-2012, 09:04 PM
He has one of the most charitable hearts in Hollywood, and, alongside his current mission to stop the human rights atrocities in the Darfur region of Sudan, Clooney has been known to give generous donations to homeless people, is a supporter of Bono's poverty-fighting ONE Campaign, and is also on the Board of Trustees for the United Way. win jackpot (http://lawrencehube1128137.webs.com/apps/blog/show/12496475-spanish-el-gordo-superdraw-and-the-uk-s-nationwide-lottery-what-is-the-distinction)SO WHAT! http://lawrencehube1128137.webs.com/apps/blog/show/12496475-spanish-el-gordo-superdraw-and-the-uk-s-nationwide-lottery-what-is-the-distinction If you know someone living with Parkinson's, explore all the options that are available to you for support and assistance. <a href="http://www.iamsport.org/pg/blog/jarvishickma821/read/2749872/the-best-way-to-get-scratch-off-game-titles-secrets-to-get-scratch-off-lottery-tickets">workout</a>Below are the top 10 celebrity beaches around the world: Working hard to obtain a goal is rewarded with better performance. Under normal circumstances, no celebrities glasses would be sold at extremely low prices, like $10, $30 and $50.

Luke7676
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Last night I was seeing rivals with 1-8 allies they were all in the lvl 70 range. But that was the first and only time I've seen that though. All have been picked clean of course. So I guess they are still showing up sometimes.

Desas
02-28-2012, 01:49 AM
I guess that funzio did the grouping in the way that, for example:

1) lets say you can see 100 similar players (or 1000, or 10000 - up to devs to set)

2) if you are at the level where there are lots of similar rivals you get more or less similar rivals (similar levels & similar ally count) - I am L40 and until now haven't seen someone more that 1 level below and more than 10 allies below; had done ~1200 attack, so was "investigating" rivals list quite often

3) when you get to levels where you are not so "common" like from 100 and above, the algorithm still selects same 1000 rival on your list, it's just that there is not enough similar rivals so you get a lot of too easy/ too hard targets

4) Well as players move up in the levels (and I hope not everyone here are turtles) they change the way algorithm works, and I guess level 100 now is a bit messy, but in near future level 100 will be ok and level 150 will be messy and so on....

P.S. I totally agree with the idea that you should see your own level, no mater how much allies you/they have - it's up to you to mess up you att/def and get your ass kicked; but if funzio decides to group by ally number also it's a whole different strategy then

Wildfire
02-28-2012, 02:04 AM
I 100% agree too that you should be able to see everyone at your level regardless of their number of allies. I'm level 80 and only seeing levels 77-83 with 200-385 allies on the last few refreshes. Losses as they are there's nobody left in this range worth attacking, so there's no action between players at my level. Indeed the last attacker I faced in the last few hours was level 114 with 70K+ attack strength, bit depressing really there's no way I'll ever be able to face up to that strength of player.