PDA

View Full Version : Ipad lockbox event players

Fig Oni
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Wanted to ask a question about the lockbox event on the ipad.

Has anyone successfully found Jack in the box.

Mastermind
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
So far I have four diamonds. As for loot: 2 stone hammers, 2 x 125k cash, and a punker jacket. My first four boxes I tried the free option, but have switched to the medium (in game cash) for the rest. I'm still looking for Jack, but when I find him I'll let you know what his stats are. ;)

Swifty
02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I am looking for Prince Albert in a can.

Nudie
02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
I've got a couple of diamonds, 2 FBI vans, 2 stone hammers, 2 ARX, 2 $125K, 1 $25K, 2 punker jackets, no jack.

Whoopdido1980
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
I started with 9 diamonds from the past event and fully expect to still be at 9 when this event ends.

I was pissed when I didn't get it last time but calmed down after I realized that very few people seem to have got the Sig. In my game travels, I think I've only come across 2 players that had it.

If you get it, consider yourself extremely lucky and if you don't get it, don't get too bent out of shape about it because not many players will end up getting it.

Fig Oni
02-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I started with 9 diamonds from the past event and fully expect to still be at 9 when this event ends.

I was pissed when I didn't get it last time but calmed down after I realized that very few people seem to have got the Sig. In my game travels, I think I've only come across 2 players that had it.

If you get it, consider yourself extremely lucky and if you don't get it, don't get too bent out of shape about it because not many players will end up getting it.

If a person don't swap to ipad and carries on playing with his iphone can he lose the lockboxes he had from the first event.
I leveled up 4 lvls during the first lockbox event in turn my economy suffered so I'm refraining from swapping the game on ipad plus the pursuit of getting the dd at army base after they had decreased the drop rate to impossible also used up too much xp. Just to make robbing and looting worst, they added more xp and less respect after a successful rob or attack.

Whoopdido1980
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
If a person don't swap to ipad and carries on playing with his iphone can he lose the lockboxes he had from the first event.
I leveled up 4 lvls during the first lockbox event in turn my economy suffered so I'm refraining from swapping the game on ipad plus the pursuit of getting the dd at army base after they had decreased the drop rate to impossible also used up too much xp. Just to make robbing and looting worst, they added more xp and less respect after a successful rob or attack.

I'm not sure. I have both versions on my iPad and played the regular one during the diamond event. Now that the hd event started I switched to the hd version and all my progress transferred over. I'm exactly where I was when the event ended in terms of diamonds and unopened lock boxes.

Right now I'm using hd 2.2 for pvp and to open lock boxes and, per another poster's advice, the hd 2.1.3 version to farm m4's at boardwalk. Since I'm a beta tester I actually have 3 versions on my iPad currently. I also have the non hd 2.2 version.

Fig Oni
02-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll give the lockboxes a go in the last 48 hour just to see if I can get the elusive 3 diamonds.

Also why are m4's the only decent map loot that can be farmed. Its so disheartening getting a shiv at autorow when you hit a building 4 times at 110 energy whereas in the map before on junkyard 1 hit on the debris box can give you a m4.

Xira
02-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Just got my sig, spent around 500 gold to rush it. Took about 25 attempts at 9 diamonds to get it using gold option.

Nudie
02-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Just got my sig, spent around 500 gold to rush it. Took about 25 attempts at 9 diamonds to get it using gold option.

Wow. If I had 9 diamonds I probably woulld have waited until the last day to start using gold.

Alice
02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Is it possible to get two sig with the same account? as there are two separated events

Xira
02-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow. If I had 9 diamonds I probably woulld have waited until the last day to start using gold.

Could of probably saved some gold but considering rarity, it is somewhat of a risk to leave it to the end, plus the gold sale currently ;)

Nudie
02-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Could of probably saved some gold but considering rarity, it is somewhat of a risk to leave it to the end, plus the gold sale currently ;)

Good points. BTW congrats on getting the diamond SIG

Nudie
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Is it possible to get two sig with the same account? as there are two separated events

If you get two, could you please send my one?

dudeman
02-27-2012, 12:19 AM

The events aren't really separate. They didn't both happen at the same time but as you may have noticed, you can possess lockboxes even when using the version that is not currently running the event. If you played the first event, you continue from where you were at the end of the event.

If it were possible to get two Sigs, it would also be possible to get two of everything else. That wouldn't be very fair. iPad users should consider themselves lucky enough to have a second go. Still, no one should really expect anything, it's all chance, and in a game of chance, no one "deserves" anything.

fuzzy
02-27-2012, 04:05 AM
iPad users should consider themselves lucky enough to have a second go. Still, no one should really expect anything, it's all chance, and in a game of chance, no one "deserves" anything.

Really Lucky ???

How many Ipad users do you see walking around with it clipped to there belt? How many times when you are sitting in traffic, waiting on your next beer, or in a line at the store do Iphone users pull out there phone and go click - click - bank.

Not sure I consider myself lucky for playing on a Ipad...

Fig Oni
02-27-2012, 04:31 AM
Really Lucky ???

How many Ipad users do you see walking around with it clipped to there belt? How many times when you are sitting in traffic, waiting on your next beer, or in a line at the store do Iphone users pull out there phone and go click - click - bank.

Don't most iphone users also have an ipad.
But if you own a ipad or iphone or both it was brought for your own benefit so going around complaining it not fair because of 1 game you play is silly.
99% of all games and app look better on the ipad anyway.

Max Power
02-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Really Lucky ???

You chose to get one without 3g, and yes, the iPad users ARE lucky they get twice as long to get the sig.

Connectivity is YOUR responsibility.

Whoopdido1980
02-27-2012, 06:39 AM
Really Lucky ???

So you're implying that iPhone users play Crime City while driving or out at a bar or in other social situations? There is a time and place to play video games. That's crazy if people are actually doing that. Time to give it a bit of a rest.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 06:43 AM
If I had an iPhone, I would do it.

fuzzy
02-27-2012, 06:46 AM
So you're implying that iPhone users play Crime City while driving or out at a bar or in other social situations? There is a time and place to play video games. That's crazy if people are actually doing that. Time to give it a bit of a rest.

Not implying anything. Just stated that someone said that Ipad users are lucky because we got the lockbox event 2 times. I was just trying to state that there are other advantages of playing on an Iphone. Thats all. I apologize if started an uproar.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 07:03 AM
We like uproars.

The drama enhances the total game experience.

CounterSniper
02-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Another point to be made is that there is an assumption that iPad users are getting two tries at the Lockbox's. Not all iPad users did the first event as evidenced by past threads. Many were already using CC HD and didnt want to risk any trouble by switching.

Joe Brown1
02-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Has anyone that participated in the first event on CC Universal and started the CC HD event with diamonds and lockboxes gotten a diamond without using gold? I started this event with 7 diamonds, have successfully opened 19 lockboxes and no diamond yet - also went 3.5 days without a diamond at the end of the last event.

Alice
02-27-2012, 07:38 AM
If it were possible to get two Sigs, it would also be possible to get two of everything else. That wouldn't be very fair. iPad users should consider themselves lucky enough to have a second go. Still, no one should really expect anything, it's all chance, and in a game of chance, no one "deserves" anything.

lol, what I've got is strap not sig, because of my low level. I've got itouch only, but I was wondering why there is no CCHD on itouch 4th gen, the resolution is high enough isn't it?

Joe Brown1
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
So at a low level the 10 diamond reward was a diamond strap on? Apropos for the event.

Max Power
02-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Not implying anything. Just stated that someone said that Ipad users are lucky because we got the lockbox event 2 times. I was just trying to state that there are other advantages of playing on an Iphone. Thats all. I apologize if started an uproar.

Actually, what it really illustrates is that the iPod touch users got the worst of both worlds...LOL!

Alice
02-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Actually, what it really illustrates is that the iPod touch users got the worst of both worlds...LOL!

lol Because itouch users pay the minimum to play the game.

Joe Brown1
02-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Have any CC HD users that also participated in the first event had much success in getting diamonds? I started with this event with 7 and have successfully opened 20 boxes (with quite a few failures) and no diamond yet.

nappyface
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Have any CC HD users that also participated in the first event had much success in getting diamonds? I started with this event with 7 and have successfully opened 20 boxes (with quite a few failures) and no diamond yet.

I'm 13/31 with no diamond yet. I have been using the cash option exclusively. Someone else said they had received one in another thread so it should be possible.

Labradorite
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Finally got my 1st diamond from this event by using cash option. I now have 9 diamonds. Hope to get my 10th diamond soon.

Good luck folks.

Joe Brown1
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Finally got my 1st diamond from this event by using cash option. I now have 9 diamonds. Hope to get my 10th diamond soon.

Good luck folks.

Congratulations!! Good to hear that someone has gotten one using the cash option. Hope you get the 10th. I'm wondering if I will manage to go 3.5 days on the last event and 7 days on this one stuck at 7 diamonds.:p

Xira
02-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Congratulations!! Good to hear that someone has gotten one using the cash option. Hope you get the 10th. I'm wondering if I will manage to go 3.5 days on the last event and 7 days on this one stuck at 7 diamonds.:p

Assuming there is not an increased diamond chance with gold except the 100% loot chance, I cannot imagine you will. I got the 8th and 9th so quick, it was the 10th that was really rough. My 1st and 2nd were with cash as well.

TenderPlacebo
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I've started with 7 and haven't received a diamond yet. I used the gold option about every other try, maybe a bit more. I was hitting them all weekend with no diamonds. I want that sig!!!
Can anyone else confirm that new version gives more xp and less respect? It looked like it to me before I even read this post. I assume you mean just for PVP???

Labradorite
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM

Thank you Joe, do not get discouraged, after the dry spell, you will get your three diamonds really quick. Keep our fingers crossed.

Nudie
02-27-2012, 07:18 PM

I started this event with 4 diamonds carried over. Got number 5 & 6 using only cash option. Switched to gold and got number 7.

dudeman
02-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Still waiting for diamond number 10 after carrying over 9. I have opened a lot of boxes (didn't keep count though) and it's been mostly cash and RP. At least that's better than loot items that I hopefully won't be using much longer.

TemplarX
02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Opened about 33 boxes, 8 diamonds, 44 boxes remaining. No gold spent.

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Started the event o. 7, no diamonds yet and opened my signature in boxes

Currently 49 boxes attempted to open and no diamond, 22 of which failed to open

Whoopdido1980
02-28-2012, 02:23 AM
What does nowt mean?

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Nothing, nowt, noda

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 02:52 AM

With them brilliant stat in diamond collection I am assuming there is no real point trying to get the sig if you had participated in the first event

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 03:09 AM
I assume this too, unable to get diamonds so far, I was only able to play the first 4 days of the previous event because my cc got deleted and I couldn't reinstall until after the event, even if I start getting diamonds there are not enough days left really to get 3 diamonds and m going away on thursday

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 03:35 AM

I assume this too, unable to get diamonds so far, I was only able to play the first 4 days of the previous event because my cc got deleted and I couldn't reinstall until after the event, even if I start getting diamonds there are not enough days left really to get 3 diamonds and m going away on thursday

Hope you do get the last 3 but as noticed in the first event the earliest someone got a sig was like 4 days after the event started so maybe they stop diamonds 7-10 appearing till the last few days
I myself have 7 from the first event too.

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 04:54 AM
I had 4 diamonds from the first event and couldn't maximise the opportunity because I had to go on holiday. So far on the CCHD event i've gotten another 4.
I think it's awesome that those who have an Ipad and iphone have 2 chances...Thats what Steve would have wanted.

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 05:02 AM
I had 4 diamonds from the first event and couldn't maximise the opportunity because I had to go on holiday. So far on the CCHD event i've gotten another 4.
I think it's awesome that those who have an Ipad and iphone have 2 chances...Thats what Steve would have wanted.
Maybe something to do with Catullus

Who is Steve

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Steve from reaper?

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Maybe something to do with Catullus

Who is Steve
Sometimes humour gets lost in translation...so just for you figi pie ستيف جوبز

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 05:27 AM
Steve from reaper?
Is he stone cold also like the other 2 steves?

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 05:35 AM
Sometimes humour gets lost in translation...so just for you figi pie ستيف جوبز

This is bull****, I didn't understand you ment that steve.
Never mind still reeling from tottenham's defeat by arsenal

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Haha I'm an arsenal fan :D and who is Steve?

Swifty
02-28-2012, 05:57 AM
Steve is a dead guy.

Or maybe undead.

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Yea steve was dead in reaper too

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 06:12 AM
This is bull****, I didn't understand you ment that steve.
Never mind still reeling from tottenham's defeat by arsenal

No, this isnt bull****...but the yiddo's defending on Sunday was.
Dontya just love 'Arry

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Yea steve was dead in reaper too
WTF...How many dead steves are there?

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 06:23 AM
Haha I'm an arsenal fan :D and who is Steve?

No, this isnt bull****...but the yiddo's defending on Sunday was.
Dontya just love 'Arry

Only a clever ploy to get the FA off his back

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Off his back? He wants the England job so bad, he'd let the whole of the FA gangbang louis...

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Haha I'm an arsenal fan :D

Winning much this year? Nah thought not.....

Xira
02-28-2012, 06:52 AM
Hope you do get the last 3 but as noticed in the first event the earliest someone got a sig was like 4 days after the event started so maybe they stop diamonds 7-10 appearing till the last few days
I myself have 7 from the first event too.

I got 1-10 by end of 2nd day using gold (got sig on Sunday). I did not particate in first however started with 15 lock boxes.

Swifty
02-28-2012, 07:03 AM
That just proves how really valuable gold is.

Max Power
02-28-2012, 07:08 AM
This thread, I think, is the very definition of "scope creep".....

Bambamdaniel
02-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Got Sig this Morning.. Used very little gold and cash... Did not participate in first..Hd User.. Sinfully Addicted lol

Bambamdaniel
02-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Spent last 50 gold on crate got a goody...!!!

Fig Oni
02-28-2012, 07:21 AM

Swifty I couldn't agree with you any less.

But I don't mind buying a bit of gold. In the whole Conzio are a good company, someone needs to pay their bills.

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Winning much this year? Nah thought not.....

What you win this year? Lol 5-2

Xira
02-28-2012, 07:25 AM
I have still been opening lock boxes after my sig with cash. I must be like 3/25 on success it's ridiculous.

Bambamdaniel
02-28-2012, 07:28 AM
He who has the Gold Makes the Rules!!!

Whoopdido1980
02-28-2012, 08:50 AM

Yeah not sure about this. Gold is definitely valuable economywise, but using gold for an event like this is a complete waste in my opinion. I feel like a complete sucker unloading probably close to 900 gold at the end of the last event. For my trouble I got diamonds 8 and 9. I was stuck on 9 for the last day of the old event and still stuck on 9 now. Looking back it was idiotic to spend that much gold just so I could MAYBE get a weapon that will increase my stats by a couple hundred points. The plus 1 respect per fight would be nice, but not game changing and definitely not worth wasting all my gold. No way I'm spending a dime this time around.

I think Xira either got EXTREMELY lucky or spent thousands of gold bars.

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
What you win this year? Lol 5-2
Tha'ts you assuming I'm a spurs supporter...I aint.
Buy more cheap french players...You'll win loads ;)

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Got your and figs comments mixed up :p arsenal deserve to do sh*t this year, they think they deserve to be at the top, just like England's rugby and football teams they think they deserve to be the best so usually underperform

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Manchester united glory hunter? I'm at Manchester uni and like half the people there support them yet none have seen any games haha

Xira
02-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I think Xira either got EXTREMELY lucky or spent thousands of gold bars.

Possibly lucky, like I said it cost about 500 bars... And not only did I get the sig stats, I got a lot of respect and decent secondary items grinding it out. I think I got 4 low riders in there.

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Manchester united glory hunter? I'm at Manchester uni and like half the people there support them yet none have seen any games haha
I bet them ****s dont even know that Old Trafford is not even in Manchester....
Nah mate, a scouser, and yes I do know where Anfield is (the quicker we move the better! Have to park near goodison just to make sure car is safe....lol)
You ever been to the Emirates? Awesome stadium just doesnt have the same atmosphere as Highbury had

Whoopdido1980
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Possibly lucky, like I said it cost about 500 bars... And not only did I get the sig stats, I got a lot of respect and decent secondary items grinding it out. I think I got 4 low riders in there.

Oh I didn't see that you spent 500 gold bars. That's not that bad. I spent almost twice that last time and got shut out. Oh well.

Ohaithere
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Yea been to a few but not enough really, gotta admit I am part of Chelsea disability member club because it's free to join and you get free tickets for you and a friend so i have been to 2 games since leaving hospital in december :D

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Yea been to a few but not enough really, gotta admit I am part of Chelsea disability member club because it's free to join and you get free tickets for you and a friend so i have been to 2 games since leaving hospital in december :D
Besides the hardcore old school supporters down the shed end and matty harding stand the rest of chelski supporters look like they're there to get some sleep.

Dillinja
02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
Oh I didn't see that you spent 500 gold bars. That's not that bad. I spent almost twice that last time and got shut out. Oh well.
dude, you seriously spent 1K in gold bars to try and get a 'sig'??? You could have got far better weapons for that much moolah and wasted less time and headache doing so....

Xira
02-28-2012, 10:24 AM
dude, you seriously spent 1K in gold bars to try and get a 'sig'??? You could have got far better weapons for that much moolah and wasted less time and headache doing so....

It wouldn't of honestly been that bad of an investment if he had got it. Again there is a lot of decent secondary weapons, respect, and cash along the way.

Whoopdido1980
02-28-2012, 11:29 AM

I did. I freely admit it. I got roped into it. I completely agree with you. It was a brilliant marketing ploy by Funzio. I don't know how many people fell for it, but I certainly did.

It was genius really. I got 5 diamonds in the first 2 days, then 1 each the next two and by the time the last day came around I was so pissed than I didn't get another one that I ****ed up and did exactly what Funzio wanted me to do.

That's why this time I have a completely different mindset. The reward is cool, but certainly not game changing. If I get it, I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy, but if not, no big deal.