PDA

View Full Version : casualties during battle

plavine
02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I am level 71 with an attack of 11341. ( no gold units if you are curious)
I attacked another level 71 with a def of 2700+ who had only 495 units.
It sure seemed like I lost more units in battle than he did.
I have more than 3 times the units he has, I dont think I should have suffered any casualties at all.
Then i raided his storge silo and military market. I won 54000 but probably lost that much in my own army. I lost 2 APC, 1 sniper, and 1 drone spy plane.

Even if he spent all of his skill points on def( which is rediculous)should the obvious difference in numbers be completely in my favor?? my att skill is 75. btw.

experts please enlighten me.

thanks,

pl

JohnnyR
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Not an expert, but this is par for the course. I lose a warthog nearly every battle. Then guys get pissed at me if I use them as cows after they drop 100k on a hit....

My tactic right now is to complete the valor missions and pour everything I get into hgh power air, .they offset the losses for now.

KCh
02-28-2012, 09:36 AM
The casualty rates have been messed up for a while now. There's a level 114 with 1 ally and only uses 1 scout for defense, his defense is 1. My attack is over 38,000. That's over 38000 times his defense and I still have casualties.

plavine
03-18-2012, 01:19 PM
thanks for the response guys, I am now level 89 and the same things happen.

kuku
03-18-2012, 01:51 PM
i have nearly 0 casualies since the event truck. and bevore i have a very low casualty.

stricker
03-18-2012, 03:17 PM
i have nearly 0 casualies since the event truck. and bevore i have a very low casualty.

That's awesome, KuKu!!!
:(

...boo who who

No, that wasn't me, honest!
...really, I'm happy for you, man.

JMC
03-18-2012, 09:59 PM
For me casualties are the worst they've ever been and the armed infirmary doesn't seem to help. I lose a valor unit almost every attack. I don't attack much anymore, but in an average 10 attacks against someone with a sixth of my strength i lose 1000-1500 valor worth and 1-2.5million worth in units.

youj
03-18-2012, 10:58 PM
For me casualties are the worst they've ever been and the armed infirmary doesn't seem to help. I lose a valor unit almost every attack. I don't attack much anymore, but in an average 10 attacks against someone with a sixth of my strength i lose 1000-1500 valor worth and 1-2.5million worth in units.

What's your army structure like? Is it 60%+ super hornets? If most of your army is mostly equivalent in terms of worth, then you will be probably only be able to lose strong units.

JMC
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
My army is 20% super hornets. And i bought tons of fighter jets and snipers as meat shields since i killed off most of my middle class units. The point is, im still losing tons of units against people that i am over 10 times stronger than and even against people that only bring in like 4 troops to battle. The casualty should be zero or near zero against people that i outmatch by that much.

Did not notice a difference between having the armed infirmary and not having it. I lose tons of units either way.

Mcdoc
03-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Did not notice a difference between having the armed infirmary and not having it. I lose tons of units either way.

Same here JMC - in fact - I gained up about 5 levels during the event, took on 150 new allies as I approach the Shark Zone - and through the event I lost 400 units. So right now - at level 84 and 300 Allies - I should be able to bring in 1200 units and I'm down to 925 units. So for me, every unit lost directly affects my stats - so I'm taking a break from attacks right now until I can build up over 1300 units and have some more meat shields as a buffer.

The Combat Infirmary unit hasn't really helped me yet. I was losing 2 to 3 units per attack before - and I'm still losing 3 units most attacks. Kills me to see an Osprey or Sea Scout fall to someone with way lower stats than me and I only get back 3,000 in the attack :(

My opinion - Casualty rate still broken - Armed Infantry unit - questionable effectiveness.

vball
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
I myself am still trying to figure out the balance between meat shileds and my main units. I still notice that as a percentage, if my meat shields drop below 15-20% of my total, then my losses on Super Hornets, Stealth Boats and Mine Launchers jumps dramatically. Today, lost three of each in attacks and some of those were so ridiculously one sided and they did not even have any of my top units. Yet they lost nothing.

I am trying to increase my percentage of infantry units relative to my key units to see if that number drops. It has in the past, but not sure at higher levels.

Dreno33
03-19-2012, 08:24 PM
I have started a new thread in CC about this topic in hopes the Senior Members who don't check this forum that much (but do play) may chip in some worthy input on this confusing dynamic of the game. I'll keep you updated

plavine
03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
at level 81 now 16200 att.
just fought someone 10 times whose def was 11200.
He had a level 1 infirmnary.
in 10 attacks, I lost 5 chinook helecopters ( obviously the algorithm for this unit has been miscalculated by the experts), 1 GIGN,1 heavy bomber,2 armed observation vehiclesplus a humvee and few scouts & light gunners. he lost 3 units & I took 3 units. 1/2 of my losses were so called LOW casualty rate.

PVP still not fixed

ObamaSux
03-20-2012, 02:16 PM
at level 81 now 16200 att.
just fought someone 10 times whose def was 11200.
He had a level 1 infirmnary.
in 10 attacks, I lost 5 chinook helecopters ( obviously the algorithm for this unit has been miscalculated by the experts), 1 GIGN,1 heavy bomber,2 armed observation vehiclesplus a humvee and few scouts & light gunners. he lost 3 units & I took 3 units. 1/2 of my losses were so called LOW casualty rate.

PVP still not fixed

That's ALL you've lost? Honestly that's not that much. I attack only for valor missions nowadays. In ten attacks, I lose a MINIMUM of 3 units. One average I lose 35-40 units in ten missions (raid or attack). Worst part is, you have to replace them if you want to finish the exp missions.

JMC
03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Did two more attacks today on players with 23 and 32 allies. Didn't check their stats but im guessing 2000 defence tops. Lost a stryker, a super hornet an anti aircraft vehicle and 2 snipers. Ended it there. The only people that are relatively safe for me to attack now are people with under 10 allies. Everyone else gives me too many casualties to even be worth attacking.

Aidan
03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I found tht when attcking much weaker rivals, i'll usually will lost my top end unit in 1 or 2 of the mny attacks. It still give zero casualty in say like 2-3 battles bt when i lost unit it will be the super hornets or othr high priced units.

I'm guessing tht this is to protect the weak frm being bullied

Thunder Child
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
DEFENDING a raid (he also UK) lost 3 Medic, 1 KC-135 Stratotanker, 1 APC, and 1 Eagle Fighter Jet... what must he have lost? He lost BTW!

stricker
03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
DEFENDING a raid (he also UK) lost 3 Medic, 1 KC-135 Stratotanker, 1 APC, and 1 Eagle Fighter Jet... what must he have lost? He lost BTW!
wooooooo....
not cool TC!!! what lvl are you?

Thunder Child
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
89... att. 23K def. 35K.... worst loss from a win for some time!?

Tanner
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
I found tht when attcking much weaker rivals, i'll usually will lost my top end unit in 1 or 2 of the mny attacks. It still give zero casualty in say like 2-3 battles bt when i lost unit it will be the super hornets or othr high priced units.

I'm guessing tht this is to protect the weak frm being bullied

I have the same EXACT experience. And honestly, in the front end, like right now when I'm losing 350valor units or 400k units I hate it. However, if it serves the purpose of protecting the noobs long enough that they'll stick around, well, that could turn out alright, as long as they buil up their economy and not their vault ;)

kuku
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
k the casualties are bad for me too. the response unit the worthles. have the same casualties when i attack near same strong enemy. this is not funny man.

for now its only a turtle game for me, dont wont attack to lose my ****ing units :(

JMC
03-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Theyre defending everyone. No one wants to attack eachother because fighting people of similar strength does even more damage. They should defend weaker players by keeping their casualties when defending low and thats it. I shouldnt have all my units killed off as well.

stricker
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Hey Tanner & JMC...

I've gone back into camp mode. did a few raids yesterday and only pve today. seems like my valor pvp missions have become fewer ever since i leveled up during last week's event. (was 57, now at 65 now)

weird thing though. my rivals list was crazy sunday & yesterday. everyone on list was displayed as 65 and fully allied, but when i checked their stats page, they would be lvl 66 to 68. interestingly, most all of them had very low att/def stats...like 2k - 3k on avg. and most of them had easy pickins' on the munitions stockpiles and ore plants. then, yesterday afternoon, the rivals list began to display the same info as the players stats page, but things returned to what i had previously been experiencing with maybe finding 1 out of 20 targets for raiding w/low att/def stats.

my losses where very low on the rivals list w/discrepancies but raiding on the correct rivals list have been heavy enough for me to stop doing so!

atm... game still has problems w/casualty rate balance....
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21282-A-polite-request-for-some-official-feedback...

happy hunting, fellas

plavine
03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
NEW UPDATE:
now at level 85: attack was 18200:full compliment of units
I attacked a player with an 11,600 def only 1637 units here are the results of 10 attacks that I "WON"
my losses: 24 Units total
3 GIGN,1 Capital battle Tank,1 Strike Eagle,3 Jeeps,1 Fighter jet,3 Rangers,1 SuperHornet,1 Flamethrower,1 Transport,2 Humvee,5 Light Gunners,1 Battle Tank,1 Armed Observation Vehicle,1 Army Truck,1 Sniper
HIS LOSSES:
1 Scout, Stryker, 2 Engineers, 1 Flamerthrower, 2 rangers, 1 Medic, 4 brief cases
I also got about 100K ( but anyone who beat him would have also), a mini Sub, mountain citadel Tank, battle tank.

Looking at this, I lost many more LOW casualty units than I did high- I am not even buying the GIGN anymore, I have lost 20 in 2 weeks.
this doesn't seem as bad a some of the other posters, however, I was the attacker with the higher stats.
plus , I have a LEVEL 3 infirmary

at least I got 1040 valor for the goal