PDA

View Full Version : Newsfeed BS

Hassleham
02-26-2012, 07:48 AM
I posted about this a week ago or so. Some high level guy kept attacking me even though i hadn't attacked him for weeks, which i could not understand. Someone told me their newsfeed went back 13 days so i thought fair enough and just ignored the attacks. But they are STILL attacking me now and it's been at least 3 weeks. I just checked my newsfeed and it only goes back 1 day, HOW IS THAT FAIR. This level 55 can see back 3 weeks and i can't see back further than a day? This issue needs sorting out.

The reason i'm posting about this again is that he attacks me several times a day, usually not taking any cash but the last time he managed to take 300k.
I had just farmed someone and taken about 1.5m and in the few seconds between me attacking the person and putting the cash in my vault, this guy comes along and steals 300k.
THAT is what has pissed me off.

Hassleham
02-26-2012, 07:49 AM
A second thought -
There should be a set number of days for the newsfeed, no matter how many events happen in that period of time, to make it fair for all players.

elangomatt
02-26-2012, 09:13 AM
I think I was the person that replied to you last week. I think it is unusual that this player can still see you now. He must not be getting attacked much. I can still see back 12days right now. I like your idea of having the news go back a certain set number of days. Have you sent your farmer any messages at all? I think messages go in their news feed as well and bump older news items down the feed. I just counted and I think I have 35 events in my news, is that what you have too?

Agent Orange
02-26-2012, 09:14 AM
A second thought -
There should be a set number of days for the newsfeed, no matter how many events happen in that period of time, to make it fair for all players.

Nooooo then certain people on my speed dial would be bumped off.

First thing, are you sure they are picking you off from their news feed? If it is so you might want to post some characters in a number of messages, I think the max number of items is 21 but count yours and see. Thatwill bump you off if you attacked them. If you have never attacked them then it isn't the news feed but the rivals list.

Hassleham
02-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I think I was the person that replied to you last week. I think it is unusual that this player can still see you now. He must not be getting attacked much. I can still see back 12days right now. I like your idea of having the news go back a certain set number of days. Have you sent your farmer any messages at all? I think messages go in their news feed as well and bump older news items down the feed. I just counted and I think I have 35 events in my news, is that what you have too?

I have sent several but it looks like he keeps deleting them.
I have 26 events on my feed.

Hassleham
02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Nooooo then certain people on my speed dial would be bumped off.

First thing, are you sure they are picking you off from their news feed? If it is so you might want to post some characters in a number of messages, I think the max number of items is 21 but count yours and see. Thatwill bump you off if you attacked them. If you have never attacked them then it isn't the news feed but the rivals list.

That's the idea. I'm currently on his "speed dial", and have been for the last 3 weeks, which isn't really fair. You should be able to retaliate to attacks a certain amount of time afterwards but not 3 weeks!
The main thing i am saying though is that it's not fair that he can see so far back when i can only see attacks from the previous day because of his regular appearance on my news.

I'm level 38 and he's level 55 so theres no way he should be finding me on his rivals list.

EnjoyLife
02-26-2012, 10:13 AM
If you are level 38, there is definitely no way he sees you on his rivals list. On my iPad 2, I can see back 35 items on my news feed. On my iPhone 4s, I can only see back 17. My iPhone is the one that loses all the time. My iPad account rarely loses. iPad goes back 5 days, iPhone goes back 22 hours. I'm not sure if any of this is relevant. I'm just putting it all out there.

Deskjockey
02-26-2012, 02:15 PM
How long ago an event happened has no bearing on how long it stays on your newsfeed. The only factor that governs its permanence on the newsfeed is whether other items bump it off. Currently, my newsfeed holds about 32 items or so (I did a quick and dirty count, so I may be off by a couple). So it will take that many items popping up on my newsfeed before the most current item is deleted. My oldest item is 58 days old--a poor sap who attacked me at the time (and lost) and is now my chew toy for valor missions.

youj
02-26-2012, 02:21 PM
The number of news on your newsfeed is not dependent on the numbers of days. There's a limit (I think 40-50?) on how much news your newsfeed displays. If you have 30 events in one day, and 100 events in total since you started playing. Your newsfeed will show you the 30 events that happened today, and 10 events that happened before the 30 events.

Events like raiding and attacking are also merged together if happened within a short range of time (i.e. a person attacked you 3 times in a row, they will show up as one news event, but will count as 3 events out of your total 40-50 news on your newsfeed).

JMC
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Events like raiding and attacking are also merged together if happened within a short range of time (i.e. a person attacked you 3 times in a row, they will show up as one news event, but will count as 3 events out of your total 40-50 news on your newsfeed).

Was gonna say that. Thats why some people have a lot more items on their newsfeed while others only have a few.

alkaline_oz
02-27-2012, 05:38 AM
i posted about this same problem in another thread ( http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?20544-Getting-constantly-attacked-by-same-guy... ). i bank money every time it comes in, my vault is big and i am buying as many def units as i can but this guy is way too far ahead of me and just attacks me as often as he can in order to destroy every building i have, whether it's for money or whatever. i have messaged him a load of times across multiple days after he messaged me and it's just not working so i am just going to quit and start again and level up very slowly. any ideas how i can quit and wipe my resources, etc?

alkaline_oz
02-27-2012, 06:16 AM
nevermind, just installed it. enjoy playing guys!