PDA

View Full Version : It is amazing . . .

Silvio
02-26-2012, 07:16 AM
That at level 90 and above, how few lofts and other higher level buildings are present. I am constantly amazed at how people have moved into the higher levels without any decent economic backing.

lisbeth
02-26-2012, 07:28 AM
I've noticed the same thing. They also seem to have poor attack / defense.

i need muney
02-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Damn, with all the farming done, there's nothing to rob! x'O

CounterSniper
02-26-2012, 07:39 AM
That at level 90 and above, how few lofts and other higher level buildings are present. I am constantly amazed at how people have moved into the higher levels without any decent economic backing.

I get the money I need from other peoples high level buildings.

Silvio
02-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Kind of missed my point didn't you counter sniper? How many hoods you have to visit to find those high level buildings?

fuzzy
02-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Same thing on level 60. I must be the only person with 2 lofts and 2 mt.

CounterSniper
02-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Kind of missed my point didn't you counter sniper? How many hoods you have to visit to find those high level buildings?

No, I didnt miss your point. It does appear that you missed my point though. I'm one of those people without a lot of hi lvl buildings.

Yet amazingly I have a decent economy by upgrading the regular buildings and robbing the people who fell prey to the "high level buildings makes them better than everyone else" scenario. My stats are great and my economy is fine by robbing people with hi lvl buildings. In addition by not having those attractive buildings I am a less palatable target.

I have absolutely no problem finding hi value targets but then again a lot of people (you perhaps?) thinks having very hi allie counts makes them cool as well and by doing so they actually shrink their list of available prey.

Will I get hi value buildings eventually, yes, but quite frankly its not my main priority. Solidifying my att/def numbers even at a self imposed slower pace is key. I see so many people with incredibly lavish hoods and hi lvl buildings with pitiful att/def numbers, why?, because they put all their money in their pretty buildings.

kt3448
02-26-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm staying put in the 70s level until I get my lofts and enough defense to ward off robberies. :cool:

Max Power
02-26-2012, 09:56 AM
No, I didnt miss your point. It does appear that you missed my point though. I'm one of those people without a lot of hi lvl buildings.

Yet amazingly I have a decent economy by upgrading the regular buildings and robbing the people who fell prey to the "high level buildings makes them better than everyone else" scenario. My stats are great and my economy is fine by robbing people with hi lvl buildings. In addition by not having those attractive buildings I am a less palatable target.

I have absolutely no problem finding hi value targets but then again a lot of people (you perhaps?) thinks having very hi allie counts makes them cool as well and by doing so they actually shrink their list of available prey.

Will I get hi value buildings eventually, yes, but quite frankly its not my main priority. Solidifying my att/def numbers even at a self imposed slower pace is key. I see so many people with incredibly lavish hoods and hi lvl buildings with pitiful att/def numbers, why?, because they put all their money in their pretty buildings.

High level buildings make them better than everyone else? LOL....that's quite a leap.

CounterSniper
02-26-2012, 10:11 AM
High level buildings make them better than everyone else? LOL....that's quite a leap.

Whatever you say, Genius.

jaywalker
02-26-2012, 11:00 AM
@kt3448

I just collect my Lofts and and MTs before people are able to rob them :)
I have a minor dilemma now though, as I upgraded my loft and it is out of sync. Debating whether I should let it stay overnight to get get it back on track. Thus giving someone the great joy of robbing a level 2 loft :)

Steve0
02-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Let it ride. Make some one happy.

Silvio
02-26-2012, 11:50 AM
@countersniper

Clearly you and I are not talking about the same thing. There are myriad ways to play this game, but there are only three revenue sources: PvP, robberies, and economy. Clearly your definition of economy is broad enough to include all three revenue streams, where my original comment was only pointing at the economy (read: revenue from your own buildings) revenue stream.

You can certainly play this game to high levels without a strong economy - but you have to supplant the lost economy revenue stream with increased revenue through PvP and robberies, which is a play style you clearly have embraced.

My point in this post is: why let a key revenue stream languish below where it could be? It is surprising to me not to maximize all three revenue streams. (although I understand that others may not think along these lines).

And by the way, having lofts doesn't make me feel better than anyone else. I'm secure enough in my own self esteem to not have a game define my self worth. ;-)

procsyzarc
02-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Keep leveling at L130+ it is very rare to see a hood without at the very least gents clubs and at least 3/5 have most gold buildings and most good non gold buildings

Tramp Stamp
02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I'll back up Silvio. I'm surprised how long shanty towns have lasted.

Ghost818
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Honestly silvio is right, and in my situation my 1 hour buildings make me roughly 1M a day not including my 2 pirate taverns and my 12 hours 2 MTs level 4 and 5, Lofts 3 and 3, rock cafes 2 and 1, BUT honestly a majority of my income is robberies, I make atleast 3M a day from robbing.

Synergy
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
There's only so much money you can get by robbing others. I could look for the highest level, best buildings on my list all day long and I probably wouldn't earn what I do in a single hour or two from my buildings. Why not purchase awesome buildings, raise their level as high as you can as quickly as you can, AND rob as many others with nice buildings on top of that? Obviously the guy that does that is going to make way more than the guy that does only the latter.

Nudie
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I have 2 MT but never got around to building lofts. Lofts look cool though so I might build one sometime. My problem is that I play on iPad and can't guarantee collecting from anything other than 24 & 48 hour buildings. As such much of my focus is on those buildings - Dominicans, crematoriums, beach hotels, pawn shops, fish shops, internet, museums, wareouses, gent's clubs, hotels. All my other buildings are always getting robbed but I haven't had to sell any of them yet. I'm thinking of eventually maybe keeping one each just for aesthetic reasons.

Max Power
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Guys that rob 3 mil a day, how in hell do they do that. Have a ton of stamina and just nail everything, or visit about 5000 hoods over the course of ten hours.

I have never even come close to that.

Swifty
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I need more stamina if I am going to do that.

k0de
02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
@kt3448

I just collect my Lofts and and MTs before people are able to rob them :)
I have a minor dilemma now though, as I upgraded my loft and it is out of sync. Debating whether I should let it stay overnight to get get it back on track. Thus giving someone the great joy of robbing a level 2 loft :)

Robbing a level 2 loft brings joy? Wow! In that case, I'd say it's more than likely that many a player has made a sticky mess in their pants upon wandering into my hood. Owing to my work situation my L5 MTs and Rock Cafe generally get hit twice a day during the week, as I'm sure will be the case with my newly build Pirate Tavern. But anyway, I'd say it's worth letting your upgraded buildings sync to avoid the hassle of random collection times.

On the topic though, I can't believe the number of hoods I come across and wonder "why does this guy even bother?" or "dude... ever heard of upgrades?" I suppose that it would be these kinds of players who sometimes rob my Carousel or some other worthless building. I can just imagine them now... "Boo-yah! Just got me ten bucks! (pumps fist). If I keep this up I'll have myself a Diner in no time!"

Tramp Stamp
02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
"Boo-yah! Just got me ten bucks! (pumps fist). If I keep this up I'll have myself a Diner in no time!"

I do wonder what people think when I rob their Laundromats day after day while ignoring basically everything else they have.

k0de
02-26-2012, 08:41 PM
I do wonder what people think when I rob their Laundromats day after day while ignoring basically everything else they have.

Oh no, not at all. I know well enough to view Laundromat robbers with reverence, with the added bonus of knowing immediately that the person in question is not one to be f...ing with. Or in other cases, they probably figure it's to do with the positioning of the building- like when it's right behind a high-value target, making it appear as though it's time for a lootin'. I hate when that happens but I have to admit it made me lol the first time I fell for it.

Tramp Stamp
02-26-2012, 08:54 PM
I do like when they stick Laundromats behind Lofts. Works for me!

Nicholost
02-26-2012, 09:01 PM
I do like when they stick Laundromats behind Lofts. Works for me!
They probably think it's working for them too. A true robbery win-win.

jaywalker
02-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Robbing a level 2 loft brings joy?

Robbing a Laundromat gives the average man joy :p

Swifty
02-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Visiting one of my mafia for $100 gives me joy.

Hank
02-27-2012, 03:06 AM

R/E RATIO I WOULD ASSUME

Ohaithere
02-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Level 7s and sometimes 6's can give 3rp to 1 xp

fuzzy
02-27-2012, 03:53 AM

How many Laundromats do you need to rob before you can get your chain whips? 300? I understand that there is low XP with them but that just seems like tons of work.

jaywalker
02-27-2012, 05:07 AM
@fuzzy
Its easier to find that many laundromats compared to finding buildings that pay a nice amount of cash...

Swifty
02-27-2012, 05:26 AM
It is easier but it is also shocking how many players collect their laundromats on time.

CounterSniper
02-27-2012, 05:42 AM
@fuzzy
Its easier to find that many laundromats compared to finding buildings that pay a nice amount of cash...

It keeps you from leveling too fast because of low exp points.

jaywalker
02-27-2012, 05:46 AM
It is easier but it is also shocking how many players collect their laundromats on time.

Not sure if you use irony or not, because it's not too easy to discover when people write... but..

If many people rob LM's, then they would have to be collected before you can rob them again. If you rob a building 3 times, the owner has to log in before the timer resets. Afaik

Fricco
02-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Whats amazing is i had a Lvl 2 Rock Cafe out of sync for 6 hours yesterday and no one touched it !!!!:D

Also i get peeved by the fact HL players wont upgrade there MT to at least a lvl 2 so i rob them just so they cant collect full amount.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 06:05 AM
@jaywalker

iPhone players, every 5 minutes, tap...tap...bank

fuzzy
02-27-2012, 06:48 AM
@Swifty

Thanks for helping me out...

Jill
02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Cross Sniper has a good point in that when I am robbed, I always go to get my money back but if I see a hood that has a small income, I know it would take me a month attacking several times a day to get anywhere near what was robbed from me, I just don't bother..... So perhaps a good tactic.

frenda
02-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Interesting thread. Lots of food for thought. Thanks for the posts. I like to do the "revenge" robberies, sometimes stalking someone who robbed me until his/her buildings pay off. It's a way of playing within the plot of the game and having fun with it. I usually end up hitting them for about twice what they got from me and then offer a truce and add them to my mob. Other times it's so gratifying to hit a big ticket building, but I need to revisit hitting the laundromats.

Max Power
02-27-2012, 08:15 AM
@jaywalker

iPhone players, every 5 minutes, tap...tap...bank

Or, depending on your settings: tap.....bank.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 10:46 AM
I sure wish I had an i Phone. I am getting one with my next phone upgrade (bye bye Droid) and then I am going to be that person collecting laundromats while waiting in line at the grocery store.

AppleMacGuy
02-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Whats amazing is i had a Lvl 2 Rock Cafe out of sync for 6 hours yesterday and no one touched it !!!!:D

You got lucky...Babytway must have been asleep :p

Max Power
02-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I got stuck 20 minutes long in a meeting and all my 12 and 24s came up in that little 20 minute window, and all were drained. Now the synch for my 12s goes past my bedtime, so I will have to leave them unattended overnight, and now my 12s and 24s will no longer be synched, so I will have to leave those unattended for the better part of a whole day.

I hate synching. I would much rather just have the gold defense I bought work as advertised.

Nudie
02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
I got stuck 20 minutes long in a meeting and all my 12 and 24s came up in that little 20 minute window, and all were drained. Now the synch for my 12s goes past my bedtime, so I will have to leave them unattended overnight, and now my 12s and 24s will no longer be synched, so I will have to leave those unattended for the better part of a whole day.

I hate synching. I would much rather just have the gold defense I bought work as advertised.

Agree on the part about synching. Can't be helped especially if you have just upgraded a building or missed a collection time. Have a couple of gent's clubs I am putting off synching because I can't stand the thought of losing so much cash to a robbery.

deuces
02-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Agree on the part about synching. Can't be helped especially if you have just upgraded a building or missed a collection time. Have a couple of gent's clubs I am putting off synching because I can't stand the thought of losing so much cash to a robbery.

Too late for your gents, but especially for later buildings that are 96/144 hour build time, just start the build when you collect your other 24 hour buildings, and your new buildings will always be synched.

Max Power
02-28-2012, 07:23 AM

Its even worse with Office Buildings because they sit there robbed for a day and a half waiting to be synched.

I am having a hard time coming up with the perfect sync time. 6am/pm is great during the week, but I hate setting the alarm on weekends. 8am/pm works OK as I am just getting to work, but often I am at a function in the evening where I cant collect until about 10pm. 10am/pm is OK except it slowly creeps later than that and after a few weeks it's 10:45pm and past my bedtime.

That and when the 12/24 sync times change, it messes up the 48s.

Such troubles, I tell ya....

Dorian Gray
02-28-2012, 09:10 AM
I am having a hard time coming up with the perfect sync time. 6am/pm is great during the week, but I hate setting the alarm on weekends. 8am/pm works OK as I am just getting to work, but often I am at a function in the evening where I cant collect until about 10pm. 10am/pm is OK except it slowly creeps later than that and after a few weeks it's 10:45pm and past my bedtime.

Yeah, I hate when the 12s creep past my bedtime. That's a lot of cash to miss out on.

AppleMacGuy
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Its even worse with Office Buildings because they sit there robbed for a day and a half waiting to be synched.

That and when the 12/24 sync times change, it messes up the 48s.

I've found it best to keep 3 schedules - one for 12/24/48hr, one for 8hr and one for 6hr. 1/3hrs are a complete PITA and should be sold as soon as they've outlived their usefulness. Possibly the same could be said of 8hrs but I can collect without problem - YMMV. 6hrs a bit more contentious, but IMO the income from upgraded nightclubs is well-worth it even if you can only collect 2/4 per day, if you can manage 3/4 then they are a no-brainer. I regularly let my 6hrs de-synch at weekends cos it's just to much hassle but I can still manage 3/4.

I've found that basing 12/24/48hr around the 24hr building collection is the way to go. The 24hr collection time should be chosen to occur when you most expect to be able to collect, ideally near-100% rate. The 48hr collection will (almost) keep in-line with the 24hr. If you miss a 12hr just let it roll to the next day when you next collect 24hr/48hr.

Keep 8hr on a separate schedule to suit - if you miss one don't collect until the next scheduled time. Exactly the same for 6hr on its own schedule.

The main issue is slippage on the 24hr collection time. If you're religious about collection the slippage can be kept to a minimum (2-5 mins a week max). But, eventually IMO, its best just to re-synch across the board for 12/24/48.

Daylight savings is another PITA that has to be dealt with, but in this case everyones in the same boat so consider it an ideal opportunity to make many times your own losses :p

At the end of the day it all depends upon the individual, but just have a schedule and factor in some losses, that way you will sleep better at night! ;)