PDA

View Full Version : Full gold army! 2000units. fun?

JackoV
02-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Ok guys..

I have seen some people with 2000 gold units. Without any money buildings.. so they cant be raided + gold unit is indestructible. So you can't do anything against them.

Anyway... My question is: If you have full gold army.. what is the point of raiding other people for cash?
gold > normal unit... so what do you do with cash?

I am able to get full gold army.. (however I think its a waste) but where is the damn fun?
I mean.. you dont have a goal.. right?

people who bought..

the most expensive gold units.. and paid lets say 50k$
and there is a guy with the cheapest setup gold army.. and pays lets say 5k$

gold vs gold = never ending battle..
full gold army + raiding = wtfuq I do with cash?

The whole system is crap.. I think.
------------------------------------------

I'd suggest.. Funzio make a cap for gold units which enter battle... like 1000 maximum gold units into battle or 1500..

So there will be competition between gold buyers.. they will go for the most expensive one.. = you guys get more cash!!

and for those FREE people out there.. they will still be able to do something back to gold buyers..

^ I'm sure thats not the best idea... anyone got better?

Maverick50727
02-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Now I'm glad a gold player is talking about a cap. All gold seems to take all the challenge out of the game. As free player I've stated a few times about a gold unit cap that can be taken into battle, but I said the gold players need to decide this and not the free people. You guys have the most to lose and wouldn't be fair to you unless it was added along with a sell option. Sell gold units back at the same price paid, you could sell multiple cheaper gold units to purchase a stronger which can be then taken into battle if at the cap. If you already have the strongest of every gold unit, then use the gold refund to buy gold buildings, instant expansions, instant buildings, etc. The sell option should work for cash units too as a way to rebalance armies and reduce excess loot items. loot and cash items could be sold for a % discount. There could even be a boost building like a military surplus that could be upgrade so you get a better return.

Maverick50727
02-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Like I said I have no ill will towards any gold player. It is a war game. I'm allies with some (including yourself JackoV LOL). Many people make it and us and them thing. The bad will towards gold players seem to be generated by those that attack much weaker people repeatedly and even gloat at times. Many gold players like Speed ump are fair and don't follow bad pratices. He has even helped me often with some of his advice even though we are not currently allies. Gold and free players need to work together to make the game better and more challenging.

FYI, if you haven't read these threads. Some good points related to this are here.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?18735-Changes-To-PVP/page2
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?18452-Is-the-game-Modern-War-or-Modern-Base-Builder-Opinions-desired/page2

War Priest
02-26-2012, 10:32 AM
That is too much gold units. I mean, I have one of each gold unit thats unlocked, and I recently started collecting all four limited editions that come out but I only purchase one of each. I don't have two of any gold unit except for the multiples I have won in the crates and four is my highest on that. I like playing with both money and gold units.

As far as the cap goes, I see positive and negative veiws, but I don't think funzio would cap it since those players make up a lot of their income.

JackoV
02-26-2012, 12:01 PM
That is too much gold units. I mean, I have one of each gold unit thats unlocked, and I recently started collecting all four limited editions that come out but I only purchase one of each. I don't have two of any gold unit except for the multiples I have won in the crates and four is my highest on that. I like playing with both money and gold units.

As far as the cap goes, I see positive and negative veiws, but I don't think funzio would cap it since those players make up a lot of their income.

there is no negative view really.. :p

the cap now = 2000 units..
if you have 239042304980 gold units.. you put the best 2000 gold units into battle...
So anyone with a little brain wont buy aloooot gold units. ~2k gold units.. or have it your way 3K units.

BUT if Funzio now puts a cap.. lets say 1000 gold units max.
Funzio ''forces'' people to buy best gold unit (highest price) besides.. they will also force them to buy more cash instead gold.. to buy the best cash unit available.. And force them to built a base.. upgrade etc etc..

Im damn sure that will bring more cash to Funzio.. instead now purchasing 2000x40gold units.. and ruining the game for himself + others..

See it like this way:
2000x40gold = 80k gold
1000x900gold? = 900k gold..
1000x450gold? = 450k gold..

and dont forget those people will also buy cash.. = more cash to funzio

Anyway... I really really hope Funzio read this.. to get the idea..

the system like now = ****.

PLEASE give your ideas people!! keep it on the top post... let them read this!

What?
02-26-2012, 12:06 PM
On a side note one player that I took 3 million gold from the other day who has never really been attacked before due to never showing up on anyone's rivals list, bought a bunch of crates and is now attacking me nonstop with a bunch of gold units. Give a handful of players carte blance from attacks, then they stockpile money, then they lose that money when they miraculously appear on the rivals list again. They are so used to keeping all their money so they will do anything to defend it including spending real money to do so. Introduce new units with crates and then have a 20% off gold sale within a few days. I guess this isn't a Funzio fail after all.

War Priest
02-26-2012, 12:43 PM
there is no negative view really.. :p

the cap now = 2000 units..
if you have 239042304980 gold units.. you put the best 2000 gold units into battle...
So anyone with a little brain wont buy aloooot gold units. ~2k gold units.. or have it your way 3K units.

BUT if Funzio now puts a cap.. lets say 1000 gold units max.
Funzio ''forces'' people to buy best gold unit (highest price) besides.. they will also force them to buy more cash instead gold.. to buy the best cash unit available.. And force them to built a base.. upgrade etc etc..

Im damn sure that will bring more cash to Funzio.. instead now purchasing 2000x40gold units.. and ruining the game for himself + others..

See it like this way:
2000x40gold = 80k gold
1000x900gold? = 900k gold..
1000x450gold? = 450k gold..

and dont forget those people will also buy cash.. = more cash to funzio

Anyway... I really really hope Funzio read this.. to get the idea..

the system like now = ****.

PLEASE give your ideas people!! keep it on the top post... let them read this!

I wouldn't mind having a cap on the amount per unit you can buy. But I think cutting off ALL gold units at like 1,000 like you mentioned isn't really fair. Then the players wouldn't be able to purchase the limited editions that come out, or crate units.

If a limit did get passed, then I am sure there would be threads started about asking to uncap the limit, as there are threads now about capping the limit.

War Priest
02-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Like I mentioned before, I only have one of each gold unit and every limited edition that come out I only purchase one of each. I would become angry if I wasn't able to purchase anymore limited editions, but again I wouldn't mind having a cap on the amount per unit as long as I can get one of each.

JackoV
02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Like I mentioned before, I only have one of each gold unit and every limited edition that come out I only purchase one of each. I would become angry if I wasn't able to purchase anymore limited editions, but again I wouldn't mind having a cap on the amount per unit as long as I can get one of each.

No bro you got it wrong.. or I explained wrong lol

You still can purchase limited gold units..
With cap.. I meant 1000 gold units into battle!
So let's say you have 1400 limited gold units.. you can put maximum of 1000 gold units into battle.. and the other 1000 unit = cash unit

so: 1000 gold units + 1000 cash unit = 2000 maximum unit :)

War Priest
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
No bro you got it wrong.. or I explained wrong lol

You still can purchase limited gold units..
With cap.. I meant 1000 gold units into battle!
So let's say you have 1400 limited gold units.. you can put maximum of 1000 gold units into battle.. and the other 1000 unit = cash unit

so: 1000 gold units + 1000 cash unit = 2000 maximum unit :)

Alright, got it now.

Mcdoc
02-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Fastest way to sell more gold is to drop the price by 1/3 and watch the sales quintuple.

JohnnyR
02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Good way to piss off previous buyers. Or if somehow mollified by remuneration of some sort-good way to get players wondering when the next deal is coming around. Crates were a good idea, I'd buy up if it didn't feel like cheating in a way. JMHO.

DickBag
02-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Seems shady to me.....