PDA

View Full Version : Crashing issue because memory are not freed during the game?

Alice
02-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Saw enough complains about crashing and losing stamina. Personally I've also had many crashing experience, most of them happen when:

1. First robbing/attacking.
2. Gaming time is too long.

I'm using iPod touch 4th gen 8G, the CC app took about 1G already. I tried to free up another 4G via deleting other apps and files, and observed much less crashing, although they still happens...

I began to guess if the memory management of this CC app needs to be improved. The first robbing/attacking may cause a sudden peak memory usage, also, if memory is not freed probably, the game will eventually crash. If only there is source code that I could investigate more:p

Anyway I'll not quit. I've got the Diamond Strap for free and grabbed enough free gold to upgrade into Goodfella. Hope there'll be improvements soon!

BTW: Is there anyway to modify my name in CC?...

CounterSniper
02-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Saw enough complains about crashing and losing stamina. Personally I've also had many crashing experience, most of them happen when:

1. First robbing/attacking.
2. Gaming time is too long.

I'm using iPod touch 4th gen 8G, the CC app took about 1G already. I tried to free up another 4G via deleting other apps and files, and observed much less crashing, although they still happens...

I began to guess if the memory management of this CC app needs to be improved. The first robbing/attacking may cause a sudden peak memory usage, also, if memory is not freed probably, the game will eventually crash. If only there is source code that I could investigate more:p

Anyway I'll not quit. I've got the Diamond Strap for free and grabbed enough free gold to upgrade into Goodfella. Hope there'll be improvements soon!

BTW: Is there anyway to modify my name in CC?...

That depends. I directed a guy to contact support to help him with a mispelled monicker and they did but I can't say for sure that they would do so just cuz someone is bored with their current name. They might do it, just contact support thru your app and ask nice. You never know. I expect they might not want to cuz of the legions of other players who would want to change their name as well. Won't hurt to ask though. Good luck.

Alice
02-26-2012, 06:26 PM
That depends. I directed a guy to contact support to help him with a mispelled monicker and they did but I can't say for sure that they would do so just cuz someone is bored with their current name. They might do it, just contact support thru your app and ask nice. You never know. I expect they might not want to cuz of the legions of other players who would want to change their name as well. Won't hurt to ask though. Good luck.

They did it!:p

Tramp Stamp
02-26-2012, 07:49 PM

So how tall are you now?

CounterSniper
02-26-2012, 07:54 PM

Congrats, Glad they could help.

Alice
02-26-2012, 10:40 PM
So how tall are you now? Well...just changed into "Alice" (instead of "alice"), the same as forum ID:p

Joeycool
02-27-2012, 04:15 AM
For me crash occurs only on ipad. It is fine if I'm playing on my iphone. ( I transfer my game between the 2)

On Ipad the crash occurs when I am in another persons hood or on the fight screen, and when my Laundromats become available for collection.

Fig Oni
02-27-2012, 04:48 AM
For me crash occurs only on ipad. It is fine if I'm playing on my iphone. ( I transfer my game between the 2)

On Ipad the crash occurs when I am in another persons hood or on the fight screen, and when my Laundromats become available for collection.

Joey the game crashing has been bugging me too, on my ipad it never crashes how ever long I'm playing it but my mate when he is playing the game on his ipad the average rate of the game crashing was every 4 min.
So what causes the game to crash is not clear. Maybe there is a game or app installed that is invisible running in the background that is eating away at your memory in turn causing these crashes

Joeycool
02-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Cant be that... I always shut down apps in the back ground. Maybe ipad version. Mine is a 3g 32gig iPad 1.

CounterSniper
02-27-2012, 05:12 AM
Cant be that... I always shut down apps in the back ground. Maybe ipad version. Mine is a 3g 32gig iPad 1.

I've got the 64gb wifi iPad 2 and my game crashes maybe once a day and its almost always when i launch an attack/robbery.

Swifty
02-27-2012, 05:24 AM
+1 CounterSniper

I have the same iPad and the same crash.