PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions for the veteran players

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi, I just have a couple questions to ask. I have never posted on the forums before, but I have read most of the guides.

Here's my stats:
Level 47
Income/hour: around 19k
Attack: around 3400
Defense: around 3700

The buildings I have:
2x MT level 2
2x Loft level 1
2x Wholesale warehouse level 1
2x Dominican level 1
2x comedy club level 1
1x beachside inn level 1
2x house level six
2x LM level 9
2x ice cream shop level 6
2x italian level 5
2x souvenir store level 3
2x pawn shop level 6
2x tattoo parlor level 4
2x pizza parlor level 5
2x bagel shop level 1
2x gun shop level 2
2x fish store level 3
2x ware house level 5

My questions are:

1) where should i be going? Should I be focusing more on My economy or Pvp?
2)how is my economy doing? Are there any buildings in particular that I should focus on? I know the iced cream shop and the Italian are good, anything else?
3)I have started farming the m4s at the junkyard. Should I keep doing this or wait till a higher level.
4)I have decided to trim my mafia down from 289 to 150. I assumed that most of my mafia would be using weak wea Ker weapons. Did I choose correctly?
Thanks for your advice guys! Reply ASAP!!!

Ohaithere
02-25-2012, 05:11 AM
IMO mt and lofts are the best value, your economy seems good for your level, focus on your economy, keep farming m4s, do thug life goals and your stats will rise nicely. Keep it up :)

I am unsure of trimming mafia, I know tramp stamp has his mafia level at the level of m4s he has so maybe go by tha? How many do you have?.

Euchred
02-25-2012, 05:17 AM
If you focus on econmy your PvP will come around eventually, it's nice to get it to the point to be able to buy camaros.

Your economy looks ok. Go for the strategy where you do long cheaper upgrades and then save to upgrade your MT's and lofts.

Keep on farming fortune smiles on the persistent.

I'm not really sure about trimming mafia but if you are getting attacked a lot it will help you get attacked less.

Theonhr
02-25-2012, 05:44 AM
My advice is to be nice to your grandparents.

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Okay thanks for the advice guys! Keep it coming!

I just started farming the M4s 2 or 3 days ago. I now have 10.

Another question: I'm still confused on which building have value in the mid/late game. I know the ice cream shops and Italian restaurants are good. What other buildings? Actually, lemme rephrase the question: which buildings will I still have as I progress through the game?

And what should I spend my RP on? Should I be saving up or spending as I get it. I've been hitting laundromats for RP. I'm focusing on NVB and YH bikes. I think later ill go towards chain whips...is this the right mindset?

Ohaithere
02-25-2012, 06:18 AM
There are a lot of rp discussion threads but nvbs are what I would do, ty not to spend it until you unlock them if you are winning fights currently. Sme people go for yamaha bikes but eventually most think it's a bad idea. Go goggles and then chai whip imo

Jill
02-25-2012, 06:38 AM
There are a lot of rp discussion threads but nvbs are what I would do, ty not to spend it until you unlock them if you are winning fights currently. Sme people go for yamaha bikes but eventually most think it's a bad idea. Go goggles and then chai whip imo
IF you don't go yamaha be sure you keep an eye on the level of vehicles you have as this is an area a lot of people ignore but they are important, like all other weapons including explosives

Ohaithere
02-25-2012, 06:45 AM
True, I got 125 yams then 400 nvb, now cha whips. I only have a total of maybe 250 vehicles, possibly fewer and keep getting messages to get more. I win nearly all my fights and have stats in the top 5 percent for my level, will farm Dds soon but yea it is worth watching out for vehicles

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Okay that makes sense.

Which buildings should I prioritize for upgrades? What I mean is which buildings will I still be using in say a year of gameplay. Also, what non RP weapons/armor/vehicles should I buy? One example would be to buy, say, AK's instead of SMG's. And are 1 hour collection buildings worth it? (arcade, sports bar, etc.)

Also, out of these buildings, what is the order that I should upgrade them in?
-Movie theater
-Loft
-Dominican
-wholesale warehouse
-Comedy club
-Italian restaurant
-ice cream shop

Feel free to add other buoldings, but I feel that hose buildings are my economic core for the future. BTW I didn't add laundromats to that list...

2Legit
02-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Howdy ya? My advize iz to focuz on the Dfenze, if u a gold spender keep buyin higher def stats weapons/melee/vehicles.. if u a nongold player focuz on explosives and keep farmin the best of the best loots

And then if u think ur defenze stats is good enuf, meanin u win every att or rob u get..then start of wit bhildin ur economy to earn thoze big cash, then continue again buildin ur def statz and attk statz

JMO--

617Pats
02-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Okay thanks for the advice guys! Keep it coming!

I just started farming the M4s 2 or 3 days ago. I now have 10.

Another question: I'm still confused on which building have value in the mid/late game. I know the ice cream shops and Italian restaurants are good. What other buildings? Actually, lemme rephrase the question: which buildings will I still have as I progress through the game?

And what should I spend my RP on? Should I be saving up or spending as I get it. I've been hitting laundromats for RP. I'm focusing on NVB and YH bikes. I think later ill go towards chain whips...is this the right mindset?

Be careful on looting M4s if you start leveling up to fast, if you intend on increasing your economy. Go with NVB over YH bikes, I would say because you will loot more armored police trucks (ATT:4 DEF:19>not really good for attack). Even though there is more loot drop for armor items like army helmet, wrestler mask, boxing trunks, and police armor. These items are not very great after level 100 while NVB will still be a lasting inventory item with 16ATT 16DEF. NVB also have a great Resepect to ATT&DEF ratio compared to other items. Other armor items are expensive and not worth the resepect. Eventually you can farm DD and fill your vehicle needs later on in the game.

Summary: I would go with respect items that will hold most value over entire game (so no combat boots, tommy guns, mustangs). Try to fill vehicle void with camaros and save respect for better items. Keep in mind that you can loot M4s and DDs to fill guns and vehicles at some point.

*Note* I am not saying do not get any YH bikes they help, but don't go crazy and get 200 of them. Do get 200+ NVBs since they will retain longer and less options for lootable armor. Alot of people wasted respect on combat boots and tommy guns and mustangs which become obsolete.

erik
02-25-2012, 11:02 AM
I have said a few times about how I have hoarded my RPs except for an early transgression of 110 or so Yamahas.

As I updated the #s in my inventory excel (yeah, so what!) I watched the first 10 yamahas drop off my defense score, replaced by DDs.

Ouch.

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 11:06 AM
I have been leveling up fairly quick ( 2 levels in a day) do you think I should stop farming for now? I just read around and it seemed like a good idea I start early. Any ideas?

617Pats
02-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I have been leveling up fairly quick ( 2 levels in a day) do you think I should stop farming for now? I just read around and it seemed like a good idea I start early. Any ideas?

Yes and No. I think I started farming around level 49, but I had to slow down eventually because I was leveling up to fast and was being attacked and robbed too frequently. Its a game of balance. Keep improving your economy and watch out if your rivals are becoming much more stronger then you. If your a top player then you should still be beating people around you easily while leveling. Make sure your mafia is fully equipped which is going to require an economy, respect, pvp loot, and robbing cash.

Babytway
02-25-2012, 02:46 PM
trimming mafia because you think they are weak has nothing to do wiht there weapons or how strong they are its how strong you make them by how much equipment you buy for them

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
trimming mafia because you think they are weak has nothing to do wiht there weapons or how strong they are its how strong you make them by how much equipment you buy for them

I know that. I meant that I didn't have enough strong equipment to support my entire mafia. Some of my mafia members were stuck with baseball bats and trench coats...

Here's my plan for the near future:

1)Upgrade MT's, Lofts, Ice Cream Shops, Italian restaurants, and LM's.
2)Accumulate RP. Spend my RP on NVB's, whips, and maybe a couple Yamaha bikes.
3)Start to farm the M4's. If I start to level too fast, I'll take a break and go full PvP for a while.
4)Begin spending some cash to equip my mafia with vehicles.
5)Maybe take a short camping break and save up some cash.

Anything I need to add? Anything I'm doing wrong?

dudeman
02-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Bats and trench coats are better than nothing. Dropping mafia because they are using weak items is nonsense.

PvP can level you just as quickly as farming if you're not careful. If you do 10 fights you can easily earn anywhere between a few XP to a couple hundred XP, so you might want to rob lofts and other buildings with low XP/high RP payout.

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Bats and trench coats are better than nothing. Dropping mafia because they are using weak items is nonsense.

PvP can level you just as quickly as farming if you're not careful. If you do 10 fights you can easily earn anywhere between a few XP to a couple hundred XP, so you might want to rob lofts and other buildings with low XP/high RP payout.

Okay thanks, I didn't realize the XP was about the same. Anyways, i usually go for laundromats when I rob for RP. Are there any other low XP/ high RP buildings at my level? Well I was getting robbed/ losing fights more often before I trimmed my mafia, but we'll see. Thanks for the input guys!

steamboatwilly
02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
How do people plan to make sure they collect.
I know life gets in the way sometimes and you have to take the hit.
Do you set alarms, use a timer?

I use this app called labtimer sometimes. Its free and has 4 countdown timers.

AppleMacGuy
02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
How do people plan to make sure they collect.
I know life gets in the way sometimes and you have to take the hit.
Do you set alarms, use a timer?

I use this app called labtimer sometimes. Its free and has 4 countdown timers.

iCal FTW :D

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Ghost818
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
I try and collect at X:XX in the morning when I get up for school and at X:XX at X after I eat dinner. For the 3 hour buildings I usually go X:XX in the morning 36;DD when I get home, and usually at 36;DD at night.
So you are saying this in the forums so everyone who is your level will be refreshing the ish out of their rivals list so they can see what you are talking about at 36!DD in the morning? Advice from me to you, dont let anyone know your collection times, or you are gonna have to pull a "Thy who shall not be named" so you can not get robbed and collect peacefully.

PS. change your collection times. I also suggest edit that post, I'll edit this one to as a favor.

Swifty
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Trust no one.

Especially not with your collection times.

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Haha good advice...except they don't know my In Game Name. Or did I mention that in my first post?

*checks first post*

Tramp Stamp
02-25-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm a lazy collector. Come and get it!

Bruiser
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm a lazy collector. Come and get it!

Your a lazy banker as well!

bjtkd1
02-25-2012, 08:26 PM
One more question: when do you get to the point where you sell buildings instead of expanding? And when you do sell buildings, which go first?

Tramp Stamp
02-25-2012, 08:28 PM
One more question: when do you get to the point where you sell buildings instead of expanding?

When expansions seem expensive. Some players set limits on expansion prices, e.g. $100,000.

And when you do sell buildings, which go first?

The ones with the lowest $/hr/sq. See spreadsheet (it's in my signature).

i need muney
02-25-2012, 08:34 PM
And when you do sell buildings, which go first?
Warehouses and courts are adequate candidates

Ghost818
02-25-2012, 08:37 PM
The ones with the lowest $/hr/sq. See spreadsheet (it's in my signature).

I still havnt deleted any buildings other than the clothing store and the first 1 hour buildings, not because of space issues but because of the hectic collection times. (Yet idk why I still have my Beach Nightclub) Currently at the 5M expansion. I finished the rock cafe and upscale club combo you told me to do, and now im on loft + condo upgrade/build. Looks like ill have space for another condo +2 hotels and maybe just maybe 2 credit agencies.

Tramp Stamp
02-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Yet idk why I still have my Beach Nightclub

Lulz I love that building.

bjtkd1
02-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Warehouses and courts are adequate candidates

So...things I will sell eventually:

1)Warehouses. I'll sell one now, and sell the other one once I hit level 7 for the goal.
2)Electronic Store? I'm just guessing this is one I should sell first if I need space.
3)Basketball Court. I'm still not sure what I'll do with that awkward sized square at the top of my hood. Any ideas?
4)Bagel Shop? I'm having trouble finding the funds to upgrade it yet, it's still at level 1. Sell or keep for later?