PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered crates??

mongorie
02-24-2012, 05:52 AM
Just scanned a few rivals and most of them are packing 300-500 vengeance pistols, which is the weakest weapon to come from the crate I believe.
The fact that most of these came from a pricing glitch makes me feel that Funzio should reset the crates and refund everybody their gold...it has destroyed all game balancing altogether.

i need muney
02-24-2012, 06:08 AM
Funzio is more likely to reset them if you provide their name and level to support

Holicaholic
02-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Why would they reset them? They bought something for the price it was at the time. Just because funzio messed up the prices doesn't mean the player should (or likely will) be penalized.

mongorie
02-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Why would they reset them? They bought something for the price it was at the time. Just because funzio messed up the prices doesn't mean the player should (or likely will) be penalized.

well....they used a game breaking glitch to get them at lower prices...that alone should warrant a reset

Max Power
02-24-2012, 06:47 AM
well....they used a game breaking glitch to get them at lower prices...that alone should warrant a reset

You are assuming that.

Holicaholic
02-24-2012, 07:07 AM

The crates were cheap for the first day or so, IIRC. How is that game-breaking?

Swifty
02-24-2012, 07:31 AM
A glitch was exploited long after the first day or so.

Nicholost
02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Ellipses ellipses ellipses ellipses ellipses...

dudeman
02-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Just scanned a few rivals and most of them are packing 300-500 vengeance pistols, which is the weakest weapon to come from the crate I believe.
The fact that most of these came from a pricing glitch makes me feel that Funzio should reset the crates and refund everybody their gold...it has destroyed all game balancing altogether.

I completely agree. Has anyone ever seen "*elissa" at level 120 lately? 70k+ a/d stats because of crate items. If you check her hood, it's not spectacular. And she can walk around with millions on hand.

Funzio has nerfed loot stats and drop rates in the past due to the assumed abuse of glitches or bugs on their end. The fact that this involves gold should not make it an exception. They reset G Wiz and returned his gold, so it's not as if gold refunds are unprecedented either.

But, those player DID spend gold, and CCM said everything's balanced (even though it really isn't). I guess if Funzio ignores this issue it will just be something that causes a lot of free players to quit earlier because they won't be able to compete anymore... It would be a good idea to rebalance those who abused the glitched crates because in the end, no free players means slim pickings for high level gold spenders. But that's Funzio's problem, not mine. If they suck and it loses them business, I could not care less.

erik
02-24-2012, 08:27 AM
....... lots of dots.

evilmal969
02-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I completely agree. Has anyone ever seen "Melissa" at level 120 lately? 70k+ a/d stats because of crate items. If you check her hood, it's not spectacular. And she can walk around with millions on hand.

What jealous much??? I play on the ipad and paid full price for my crates... sorry that i have enough money for gold. If you check my other inventory... i have loads of other items besides crate items... i just purchased 25 cyber bikes at 350 gold each in the last 3 days. The crates at 145 for three gold items is a great deal... i purchased the crates before the rare drop was nerfed. So please check your facts before accusing people.

Nicholost
02-24-2012, 08:51 AM
PS: I think your avatar might be glitched too, but I love it!
Thanks, Erik. I dig it... get it?! Hahaha!

Holicaholic
02-24-2012, 09:04 AM
What jealous much??? I play on the ipad and paid full price for my crates... sorry that i have enough money for gold. If you check my other inventory... i have loads of other items besides crate items... i just purchased 25 cyber bikes at 350 gold each in the last 3 days. The crates at 145 for three gold items is a great deal... i purchased the crates before the rare drop was nerfed. So please check your facts before accusing people.

Are you Payam's younger brother?

Babytway
02-24-2012, 09:04 AM
STop talking about this right now dummies, if you absolutely need to say someting else on this go pm someone but let this thread die fast

Fig Oni
02-24-2012, 09:08 AM
STop talking about this right now dummies

Agree totally

Swifty
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Sorry, Fig Oni and Babytway.

I love you both, but I am not with you on this one.

richard118
02-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Personally I think gold weapons in general are wwwaaaayyyy too OVERPOWERED. The game will be short lived because of it. This game should have a long term agenda with patient building of economy. Gold buildings are okay and reasonably priced, as one can probably buy almost all of the gold buildings for $100-$200.

Funzio should keep the gold weapons equal to or slightly more powerful than respect items. Making a gold weapon with att/def stats 100+ is ridiculous.

Swifty
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
It is a marketing strategy.

Making gold weapons irresistible (because they are powerful) ensures sales.

kimberleyj
02-24-2012, 11:53 AM
I disagree aswell not everyone is rich enough to buy gold for the weapons but when the first prices showed up it was more affordable for people who don't have that much money so non gold members that couldn't afford to buy gold could. At the end of the day funzio knew that people would buy the items at the cheap price when they added the update to iTunes they could have made a quick update and changed the prices to the higher prices before it was added to iTunes or they could have asked iTunes to remove the old update but they didn't. Also by law shops are suppose*to sell the item by the labeled price. If anything removing people's items will stop alot of people from buy gold again which is bad for business. Also you say it is not fair for non gold buyers?. What about tapjoy?, you get free gold so non gold buyers could buy the crates, how is that unfair?. If anything your trying to shoot everyone in the foot by moaning about it

Swifty
02-24-2012, 11:57 AM
@kimberleyj

No offense intended, but the visual imagery I get from "shoot everyone in the foot by moaning about it" is not working for me

Euchred
02-24-2012, 12:35 PM
There's nothing good about this situation. I wish people would stop talking about it and let it go away.

procsyzarc
02-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Another reason these should be reset much like the mossberg issues is because they weren't avalible to all players.

Much how like HD players would have had a huge advantage if the mossberg issue and muti click jobs were left as they were. Non HD players already have a huge advantage getting the event early but with access to much cheaper creates that HD players never got access to, needs to be balanced.

The balance issue between hd and non hd was fixed for muti click jobs so now it needs to be fixed here also by ether resetting the cheep crates or by giving HD players access to cheap creates also when they finally get the event.

If your going to correct your mistakes when HD players get an unfair advantage you need to when nonHD users do to, the fact gold is involved is irrelevant.

Easiest fix will least qq'ing give HD users the shot at cheap create too when they finally get their event

Swifty
02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
@procsyzarc

You address some interesting issues.

richard118
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
"It is a marketing strategy.
Making gold weapons irresistible (because they are powerful) ensures sales. "

If this marketing strategy shortens the longevity of the game, what is the point? People who get strong too quickly in this game, end up getting bored and probably quit. Funzio does make their $$ fast, but people will eventually move on to another game. Gold weapons should be no more powerful than 2x respect items.

kimberleyj
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Easiest fix will least qq'ing give HD users the shot at cheap create too when they finally get their event

I think that is a good idea maybe they could state that the weapons are reduce for 1 day only it would be great for the players and funzio will get more people buying gold. They do sale events on Facebook why not on this version.

dudeman
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Another reason these should be reset much like the mossberg issues is because they weren't avalible to all players.

Much how like HD players would have had a huge advantage if the mossberg issue and muti click jobs were left as they were. Non HD players already have a huge advantage getting the event early but with access to much cheaper creates that HD players never got access to, needs to be balanced.

The balance issue between hd and non hd was fixed for muti click jobs so now it needs to be fixed here also by ether resetting the cheep crates or by giving HD players access to cheap creates also when they finally get the event.

If your going to correct your mistakes when HD players get an unfair advantage you need to when nonHD users do to, the fact gold is involved is irrelevant.

+1

In the future, the easiest preventive measure would be to stop treating the two versions as separate games and release updates and new content simultaneously. One version's update is ready but the other version has another week or two before it's ready? What's wrong with waiting?

Really, the only difference between HD and universal should be the graphics quality. Otherwise, what does "HD" even stand for?

Max Power
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Aren't the HD players still getting multi-click?

procsyzarc
02-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Aren't the HD players still getting multi-click?

Pretty sure they are. Not really farming at the moment so can't say 100% but the powerful items were nerfed

If iPad has both versions should be the same, it's not about who has the biggest advantage it about a pvp game where the rivals list are shared but they are playing to difrent rules.

If we have to say which is a bigger advantage, non hd since nothing that can be farmed is even in the same ballpark as create items. However for non gold players I would think hd has an advantage although not 100% since isn't there a 2.2 place for dd's better than any muti click place anyway?

Ohaithere
02-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I think I am on the latest hd, I can't ipdate in iTunes and I get multi click loot, I heard this stopped but have not found that

dudeman
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I think I am on the latest hd, I can't ipdate in iTunes and I get multi click loot, I heard this stopped but have not found that

It stopped in universal but the drop rates were apparently greatly increased, whereas the drop rates in HD were either left alone or lowered. I just don't understand the logic in having the two versions behave differently. How many extra headaches do the devs cause for themselves bu having to rebalance stuff, when if they just made it the same all around the problem would pretty much fix itself.

i need muney
02-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Overpowered Kratos!

http://ps3hits.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/kratos_vs____by_ninjatic-d35j3vd.jpg

Tramp Stamp
02-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Wut R teh statz on Kratus?

reidos
02-24-2012, 11:17 PM
can someone fill me in on the prices of the crates at the time of the glitch?

CJ Sniper
02-24-2012, 11:35 PM
talking about glitches gets you banned. Best not to do it.

downrange
02-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Oh my!

So the crate thing...
[deleted this section of my post. fearing the ban hammer, and being that there's a CCHD event on right now, I'm self-censoring this. The rest should be fine though]

... To players complaining about versions, release timings, and HD multi-click, etc.... As digital distribution of software continues its inevitable march toward being the de-facto standard, people in general are *FINALLY!*** starting to realize the differences and nuance between "updating" software and "upgrading" software.

Now, in the online gaming world, it's quite common to require certain minimum client versions, but we would all do well to recognize that Funzio basically has their hands tied here. They are subject to the whims of various policies surrounding [at minimum] the iTunes App Store, as well as some of the carrier-based considerations the iTunes App Store adheres to. Funzio may not have full control of when Apple releases their submitted client updates. And when those updates drop, Funzio would hear a boatload of complaints if they cut off support for older versions too soon. Think about it, what if you were on an iPhone, away from Wi-Fi and could not update since CC is > 10 MB. You could still play the game just fine via 3G, but be unable to update your client. How many complaints would they get if they cut off client support after 24 hours of a new client release. I think they generally choose to err on the side of caution here, and probably for good reason.

One result of that though, is that anyone with the foresight or coincidental habit of using iTunes to manage their apps, and who is backing up their computer (made very easy for Mac OS X users, via Time Machine!) can simply choose to use almost any client version they still have. I have no idea how far back the client support extends, but i know for a fact it's at least one rev back. And based on comments I've seen, it's probably far, far more.

So please quit complaining about multi-click and HD. Multi-click has been available for anyone who actually wanted to spend a few minutes caring (HD or not), and who has anything other than the most basic comprehension of app updates. So many games and apps get 'downgraded' via iTunes updates anymore that I can't imagine there are a whole lot of people who consider versioning important, yet don't spend the ridiculously minimal effort to always back-up every copy they've ever grabbed of every app.

If you're not doing that yet, and you care enough to have an opinion on the matter, just start archiving your apps (all of them, not CC in particular. ALL OF THEM!) going forward, and you'll never have to worry about it again. It's mostly that simple.

Bruiser
02-25-2012, 12:19 AM
I haven't found any players running around with those kind of stats regarding Vengeance Pistols and the like, i try and pay attention to what the big guns have but i have to say this is a very small issue and shouldn't be a concern to the general playing community therefore wont be changed by Funzio

procsyzarc
02-25-2012, 12:36 AM
I haven't found any players running around with those kind of stats regarding Vengeance Pistols and the like, i try and pay attention to what the big guns have but i have to say this is a very small issue and shouldn't be a concern to the general playing community therefore wont be changed by Funzio

The person (or maybe just one of) kicking the **** out of payam now has 120k attack and defence almost purely from crate items. Has 500 pistols alone. Just one person with those sort of stats can farm a lot of players and that is just one. I am sure there other similar players out there

Bruiser
02-25-2012, 12:41 AM
If you feel that strongly about it i suggest asking Funzio to take a look at it, while they aren't bothering me i don't mind at all :)

dudeman
02-25-2012, 12:54 AM

I don't think it's the strength of players involved that most people care about. To me it's more of a "wth" in the sense that previous "glitches", or overlooked unintentional game behaviours, have been corrected to fit original intentions. Taking such action doesn't necessarily assume anyone was exploiting a glitch, it simply corrects an error. The fact that gold was involved in this particular instance should not matter since nobody has ownership of any part of their hood. People who bought gold did so at a known set price, knowing that the game is subject to change without notice.

Hate and complain about the situation til the cows come home, nothing is likely to change. I guess this should just be considered to be another "oops" and just move on.

Bruiser
02-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Its a reoccurring situation though :/ eventually we will get used to it...

Burn
02-25-2012, 05:01 AM
There is only one person that should be worried about any of this, The Head of Finances at Funzio. For him it is business.

For everyone else, it's only a f*cking game.

I play it to relax and wind down, I play on auto-pilot, I spend the day dealing with stressful **** at work, and CC is brain relief.

I follow a basic strategy, I am trying to sort out my economy, I even rewarded Funzio for their efforts by dropping a little Gold on the Sig chase, but the bottom line is that I play to relax.

Some of you are carrying on like this is more important than world peace. You will give yourself heart attacks over this sh!t.

My take...

For those that are lucky enough to benefit from a glitch, or are smart enough to work out methods of getting more for less, kudos to you.

For everyone else, STFU and get on with your own sh!t, because I know for sure you would't be b!tching if lady luck had shone her light on you.

And finally, for everyone, that's everyone, a reminder again... IOAFG

Theonhr
02-25-2012, 05:13 AM
There is only one person that should be worried about any of this, The Head of Finances at Funzio. For him it is business.

And finally, for everyone, that's everyone, a reminder again... IOAFG

Great rant! It's only a f ing game!! Hehe yeh.

Ohaithere
02-25-2012, 05:13 AM
I am not *****ing, but stating what I think is wrong and I think I have had better luck than most :D but well said

Theonhr
02-25-2012, 05:26 AM
Dammit Burn is right!! Just thinking, remember we are all very privileged to have iPhones or ipads anyway, and yet here we are biatching about a game and who has money to spend on this or that or who got crates cheap that aren't even real cheap or not. I bet the average Foxcon worker wished they had our problems and to think they kill themselves making iPhones getting paid $1 a day just so we can play this sitty game and then whinge about it while forking out big bucks to Funzio for fake stuff on a phone. I'm gonna throw my phone off a bridge right now!!!!

Ohaithere
02-25-2012, 05:35 AM
WORLD PEACE!

Max Power
02-25-2012, 05:51 AM
For everyone else, STFU and get on with your own sh!t, because I know for sure you would't be b!tching if lady luck had shone her light on you.

This^^^^^^^^^

Swifty
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
World Peace and Lady Luck are both overrated.