PDA

View Full Version : Selecting rivals to attack (low level)

transfer
02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Hello.

I was just wondering, is there a pattern or is it only me ?
I'm fairly low level player still (lv.58) and with not many mafia members neither (105 atm).

When refreshing my rivals list, I get from anything around the same level (57-58-59) but with mafia range varying a lot, often it's around 120-150, sometimes even 200-250 members, and the odd times, I get rivals with lower mafia let's say 85-95.

I've noticed several times, the rivals with lower mafia members often get better hoods, better economy and more to rob. Also, it's not rare that when I get robbed, the attacking player often has 20-30 more mafia than I do.

Anything noticing this or I'm just imagining ?
For info, I got around 32k/hr income and most of the hoods with higher mafia members often has less than 10k/hr income, the hoods with lower mafia members can have anything from 10k to 30k.

Tramp Stamp
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
You're in a "soft spot" where there aren't many with similar sizes. The smaller mafia have better hoods because they're more conscious about how to optimally equip an appropriate sized mafia and know more about game mechanics in general. The rival list mechanics work in such a way where "stronger" players can see back but "weaker" players can't see forward.

Labradorite
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Players with few mafia members don't need to spend much money to equip their members, and it's easier for them to buy better equipments and build nicer hoods. On the other hand, most players with hundreds of mafia members have a hard time between buying equipments and building their hoods.