PDA

View Full Version : Update v1.4

Maverick50727
02-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Has anyone tried this update yet that was posted to the app store today? Looks like it adds additional gold crates purchase. Does anyone know if it fixes PVP or adds anything else. I haven't tried it yet.

I already do see all the new units, buildings and maps that were timed along with this it appears.

Aidan
02-23-2012, 07:47 AM
On pvp casualty:
I did 10 attcks on plyr who is 30%, 50% n 70% of my attck. Found out tht there is no any noticeable diff btw those target. Lost 12 sniper, 5 flamethrower n 6 warthog n 1 seahawk. Nt too bad actlly considering i didnt lose any hornet.defo has improved.
If u r looking for a zero casualties like the old pvp, i wud say just forget bout it. This is the new pvp. If it was a rlly a bug, funzio wud hv fix it alrdy by this time. It's been two months alrdy. N i think the infirmary IS their solution fr the high casualties.

Edit: i am running at lvl 1 infirmary

On rival list:
-Found out thr it only consist of rivals my lvl. Not +- 1 lvl as before.
-Grouped with rivals with same allies number

What?
02-23-2012, 07:50 AM
It has an issue when attacking I lose phantom units. Or maybe I lose real units but doesn't register. Not sure.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/ebbb4d7a.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/ed0378c1.jpg
-1[null] ?

Aidan
02-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Null unit. Cool, i wnt one. Lol.
On a side note: i did another 6 attcks n just lost meat shields ie flamethrower n sniper. Definitely hv improved. Much much better. U just hv to look for a target tht has unvaulted cash to compensate on it.

Mcdoc
02-23-2012, 08:51 AM
I did the update to. The crates are cool. For the 1st time, I actually got $300,000 loot from an attack - and it has happened 4 times in the past 12 hours :)

stricker
02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Did anyone notice there were 2 new (non-gold) units available in the past several hours.
I don't remember the specific details, but it was something like this:
1)air unit - Strato-Tanker @ $150,000 with 5 attack & 18 defense. (forget the alpha/numeric code, looked like a DC-10)
2)sea unit - Inflatable asault type unit +/-$24,000 with 6 attack & 1 defence (it was mostly blue & white)

I was running v1.3.1, then saw this post and upgraded with the hope of being able to attack/raid again after much, much restraint & camping for 2 weeks. I had purchased 3 of the StratoTankers, but no inflatables because I would not gain from them. After the upgrade, I checked and these 2 units were no longer available to purchase. Checked my stats and my defense had dropped. Went to my inventory list and they are GONE!!!

Submitting a ticket to funzio now!

stricker
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
oh yeah... I was about to update another profile on ios5 ipod but after seeing the units were gone from my ios5 ipphone, I decided to see if it was an issue with the v1.4.

I had deleted the app, shut it down and turned it back on. I connected it to itunes so I could load v1.3.1 from the backup. Once I had it back on the ios5 ipod..... NO StratoTanker.... NO Inflatable!!!!

stricker
02-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Mav,
I looked for the new buildings.... Not there either!
Anyone else having this problem?

Ramshutu
02-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Mav,

I have both on my iPad and iPod

JMC
02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Mav,

The new buildings, maps and units are all from the server. After you update or re-install the game the game hasnt connected to the server yet. You have to re-enter the game to make it connect again and load all the new stuff.

JMC
02-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Casualty rate hasnt improved. I started attacking again about 4 days ago and the casualty rate has been decent depending on how strong the person was. Now i notice a lot more loss of valor units and expensive units.

Also dont like the new rivals list. Only people with similar amounts of allies are showing up. It should be arranged by level. Having no friends shouldnt be a way to protect yourself. Thats just stupid.

KCh
02-23-2012, 01:30 PM
The past week I've been attacking and the casualty seemed to have improved a little bit. I was only losing a super hornet or M270 MLRS every 10-20 attacks. Today it got to how bad it was before. I lose a super hornet or MLRS every 2 attacks plus 100k-400k in money units almost every attack too. The casualty rates haven't improved at all for me.

Also I don't like how the rivals lists either. It should just be arranged by level not by allies too. I agree with JMC, you shouldn't be able to protect yourself by having no allies.

Dr BoneCrusher
02-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Does anyone think people over hype the losses so strong players will not do a lot of attacks?

Chairman Han
02-23-2012, 02:01 PM
I bought 100 of the new sea units (Inflatable boat) this morning and after I installed the update, all of them are gone.

Warmonger
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Somethings changed after weeks of not been attacked For the last 2 days I am getting hit constantly by gold players upto 50 levels above me. I've been stuck on 19k defence since the pvp bug stopped my valour earning. So I have no chance, couple this with the fact that the gold players are wiping all my troops whilst their gold units are indestructible. Really fair Funzio you can kiss your non gold players goodbye now and then see if your precious gold players stck around with no one to beat up on.

Hugh Bris
02-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Does anyone think people over hype the losses so strong players will not do a lot of attacks?

Just for my two cents, I don't think so. I don't lose as many units doing missions anymore but PVP has always had very high losses for me. By high losses I mean the expensive stuff and always 2 or 3 at least. I've tried what seems to be a prevailing strategy here by massing a bunch of low level units like the $600 soldiers and stuff. I always seem to lose the expensive items no matter what I do.

In response to Warmonger - even though I am a gold player, I was having the same problems with players anywhere from 25 to 75 levels above me up until several weeks ago. When I go to the fight list now it seems MUCH better in terms of players that are my level or my equals. I don't know if the big guys don't see me anymore or if they just leave me alone now. I tend to think that they don't see me as much. I don't fight back against the huge players so I wouldn't be on their list for long - I believe they don't see me anymore.

I know not everyone feels or acts this way but I really go out of my way to not pick on players that are not my equals. It's super annoying and unfair but it also takes away the enjoyment of the game. During the fight missions I will pound on someone if I'm not taking money so that I can get the count and get the points. If it looks like I'm taking a bite out of their troops I back off too.

I definitely remember what it's like and it gets old quick when someone beats the snot out of you and wastes your good stuff. In game money is hard to come by so I hope others do the same. It's not like I'm better than anyone else by this method but I find no satisfaction in being a bully.

Procyon
02-23-2012, 03:11 PM

I'm only at L23 and wouldn't say a strong player nor with exceptionally high stats, but last night and today I've searched and searched to only attack rivals with no more than 1/3 D v. my A. I take away cash but no where near enough to cover losing a Harrier on every single attack. I look at the battle result and it's not like these folks have a strong anti-air defense either.

Ah well. I guess war is supposed to be Hell.

Dr BoneCrusher
02-23-2012, 03:13 PM
why would you buy 100 blue boats? why not use energy to get mini sub or troopers. then spend your money on cruisers. I hope you fly the English Flag

Mcdoc
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
. . . I take away cash but no where near enough to cover losing a Harrier on every single attack. I look at the battle result and it's not like these folks have a strong anti-air defense either . . .

I have also noticed a huge increase in Harriers being lost in battle lately. At $360k each it is painful. Im thiking that in my case its partly because Ive added more top end units so much that i dont even take my Amphibious Troopers into battle anymore. I used to take about 25 to 30 of my 140 AT's into each battle and losing one was a buffer to losing other units (thus fulfilling their role as a meat shield). The Harriers have a "medium" casualty rate - so as I lose Harriers - I am replacing them with the Osprey - they have a "Low " casualty rate and at $620k - I hope they don't fall away in battle like the Harriers have been lately.

I am still scratching my head though as I look through the battle report to see what units my rival had to cause me to lose the Harrier Units. I expected to see a lot of "Strong Against Air" units in their inventory - but not the case. However, a couple of them had like 3 to 5 Global Hawk Drones (GHD) which in my opinion are the best "Strong Against Air" units - especially for the money. Perhaps those buffs have way more value than we ever considered. That's why I have about 70 of the GHD's and win most of the time when someone attacks me. I'm not sure how to see if the attacker loses any units - but if they are losing high dollar air units - then maybe that's why I don't get attacked often and most of the time win $30k when I do get attacked.

Strategy strategy strategy.

Mcdoc
02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
I did the update to. The crates are cool. For the 1st time, I actually got $300,000 loot from an attack - and it has happened 4 times in the past 12 hours :)

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3526/mw300k2.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/mw300k2.png/)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1139/mw300k1.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/mw300k1.png/)

I think something must have changed in the update. I got almost 9 Million in raids over the past 12 hours :)

Tramp Stamp
02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
I hope they rolled out crates better here than in Crime City. Due to a pricing bug, $100 made the player essentially invincible vs. non-gold players. Previously this amount of money would merely grant a modest competitive advantage.

Aidan
02-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Can any of the high lvl plyrs tell us on their rivals list? Lvls, allies- hw low n hw high cn u see.

Agent Orange
02-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Can any of the high lvl plyrs tell us on their rivals list? Lvls, allies- hw low n hw high cn u see.

This seems to be in the process of changing still so what I report today may not apply in a day or so. I'm L 114 and can see L90 to L200 from 1 to 500 allies. A couple of days ago I had L74 to L200. Granted my rival list is huge so I may just not have refreshed enough pages.

If your looking for a place to hide I don't think your going to find one that easily now.

Flipmode
02-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Same as other players. Saw inflatables, liked the high attack value, bought 25.

Did the update, all disappeared from my inventory. And from the shop.

Meh.

Do we need to submit individual tickets or is this going to be fixed as a known issue?

EDIT:- Scratch that, the sly buggers have reappeared!

Agent Orange
02-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Same as other players. Saw inflatables, liked the high attack value, bought 25.

Did the update, all disappeared from my inventory. And from the shop.

Meh.

Do we need to submit individual tickets or is this going to be fixed as a known issue?

EDIT:- Scratch that, the sly buggers have reappeared!

Powerdown your ios device and they should reappear when you log back in. If not this is a new bug.

Aidan
02-24-2012, 09:10 AM
This seems to be in the process of changing still so what I report today may not apply in a day or so. I'm L 114 and can see L90 to L200 from 1 to 500 allies. A couple of days ago I had L74 to L200. Granted my rival list is huge so I may just not have refreshed enough pages.

If your looking for a place to hide I don't think your going to find one that easily now.

Thnks AO fr ur feedback. So aftr the update, the whale territory went up to 90-200.hopefully it will stay like tht fr a couple of mnths. Well, i'm planning to test out the low allies strat to see if the casualty rate will b any better. So just want to be ready to run at full allies again when entering ur bracket. 90 it is atm

azy
02-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Whale territory depends on your definition of whale. I saw someone ~L80 with an attack of 44,000, yikes.

JMC
02-25-2012, 12:12 PM
I can see from 73-200 atm. Think ive seen you on my rivals list a few times

Aidan
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Whale territory depends on your definition of whale. I saw someone ~L80 with an attack of 44,000, yikes.

If someone within my lvl have tht high att thn it's fine. Fair enuf tht he's a good plyr or rather a rich 1. But the whale i'm referring to is the wide range of lvl in 1 bracket. Someone who is 20,30 or 100 lvl above attck me n there is no way tht i cn retaliate bck unless i strt spending insane real money.

JMC, r u referring to me? I'm only lvl 65. Plz dont tell me u cn c me. I dnt wnt u too c me 

JMC
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
If someone within my lvl have tht high att thn it's fine. Fair enuf tht he's a good plyr or rather a rich 1. But the whale i'm referring to is the wide range of lvl in 1 bracket. Someone who is 20,30 or 100 lvl above attck me n there is no way tht i cn retaliate bck unless i strt spending insane real money.

JMC, r u referring to me? I'm only lvl 65. Plz dont tell me u cn c me. I dnt wnt u too c me 

Nah some 80 named aidan

JohnnyR
02-26-2012, 02:07 PM

He can't see ya, but I can, heheh. Man if you're the russian Aidan, you've got the best level 65 profile I've seen. Sent you an add request, I'm JohnStriderofDoom. Also I see you tightly regulate your ally count, smart.

Aidan
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
He can't see ya, but I can, heheh. Man if you're the russian Aidan, you've got the best level 65 profile I've seen. Sent you an add request, I'm JohnStriderofDoom. Also I see you tightly regulate your ally count, smart.

Well thnx for ur kind words. I've accepted ur request. Usually i prefer to add somebody frm this forum. Others i keep thm on hold till i lvl up. Though last couple of week i accidently fat fingered the add allies button n add all of the 100+ request. Took me a while to remove n sort them out again. Annoying as fk