PDA

View Full Version : Why I Stopped Playing @Lvl 102

Cartman
02-23-2012, 05:42 AM
It wouldn’t have taken much to hold my interest and keep me playing, so I thought I would post my opinion so that it others concur it gives Funzio some easy options for keeping more people playing longer.

Brief synopsis of my period of addiction with this game:

Started playing 2 months ago
I’m a non-gold player (although I’m sure the opinions of those who spend there money matter more to Funzio, but if there weren’t any non-gold players there would too small a pool of people for the gold players to play against).
Played badly, without the aid of Google, until the end of Jan questing away, doing PvP, not developing an economy and amassing an impressive total of 169 shotguns with the respect points and levelling up as fast as possible.
End of Jan decided there was more to the game as people were clearly playing a lot better than I was and I needed to build an economy fast to compete.
Downloaded the spreadsheets, developed a simple economic growth model (sequenced ~40builds and upgrades based on rate of economic growth ($/hr)/hr and a burn rate $/hr i.e. cost/time to perform the upgrade, to find the fastest sustainable rate of growth for my current income.
Moved from $28K per hour on 03/02 to $64.5k per hour on 22/02 with 16 more days on the plan to get me past $100K feeling rather pleased with my progress ….. then I started planning further ahead …..

….. For me the problem was all I could then see for the future was periods of time saving and then doing the next big obvious build or upgrade, followed by more saving. The interest for me was gone (farming isn’t too gratifying!).

All it would take is to have a load more (non-gold) building types level 100+. I don’t mean lots of buildings with fantastic ROIs that make it easy to send your economy skyrocketing, I mean a variety of buildings with pros/cons that mean you can continue to work out the optimal and most efficient paths. I would make more of these 24/48 hour buildings, they are great to rob if they aren’t collected and also if you can’t be collecting every few hours means you can still have a good economy and enjoy the game without being on it 24/7. If you agree … campaign for more buildings!

Instead I have liquidated everything, turned it into vehicles and attack explosives to take revenge on a player who hit me relentlessly hour after hour for 2 days. His stockpile of $10M worth of defensive explosives (on the new prices) is rapidly diminishing!

Oh …. On the Crime City Weapons for the future I would add:

The Gold Finger – The ultimate gold armour weapon, a great big golden middle finger to anyone who tries to attack you.
Has anyone watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? If you haven’t, watch it great film and great soundtrack. If you have you will know that something 15” long, black and rubber is a lethal melee weapon, so the “Lock, Stock Rubber C*ck” would be my other choice.

Many thanks to the regular forum contributors, passing on your knowledge makes the game a lot more interesting for new players. Good luck with the remainder of the game.

Regards,

Cartman

P.S. I should really sign off with “Screw you guys, I’m a going home” but I don’t really mean it
P.P.S .... Just spotted the "we need new buildings thread" but I've written this now so will post anyway

Swifty
02-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Major bummer.

We need more players like you.

frenda
02-23-2012, 07:47 AM
great info and i agree with your assessment. it's the strategy part that sets this game apart from other shoot-em-up-games. but if options run out at LVL 100 or so, what's the point? i still contend that it doesn't matter if you're a gold player or not, since making the game more fun for all of us should be Funzio's priority. with more players (due to skyrocketing fun meter), more players will pay for gold to keep up, so Funzio will benefit in the end anyway. and you need us freeloaders to have someone to beat up on. :)

Nicholost
02-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Cartman, are you really from South Park of just playing off the character? I ask because I grew up just down the road from there.

Burn
02-23-2012, 08:13 AM
What I am reading...

"I attacked someone, he got p!ssed and bullied me, I couldn't take it, I sold everything and am now taking petty-minded revenge because I hate that this guy made me his biatch."

He won. You lost. Simple. In fact I'd suggest the biggest 'win' you can have in this game is to make someone sell up and leave their hood bare - you simply cannot own anyone better than that.

You aren't taking revenge on him, you are just making it clear to him that he is the reason you sold up everything. It's the biggest proof of his absolute superiority over you that could provide him with. He must love that. I know I would.

As an aside, I believe I came across you recently in the game Cartman, and from memory you robbed me for a few days straight even though your stats were pretty weak. I didn't retaliate because I was busy doing Thug Life goals and you were just below 500 mafia - when I eventually got fed up of seeing your name on my wall, I gave you a few slaps, and you had the good sense to find someone weaker to pester.

So I'm assuming you are a hit and run kind of guy, and clearly you are not averse to picking fights on people with significantly higher stats than you - that strategy is very risky, as you found to your cost.

As my old Grandad said to me "Don't start fights you can't finish"

whocareswhatmynameis
02-23-2012, 08:15 AM
sad to see you go.

+1 for more money buildings!

frenda
02-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Burn, I think you totally missed the point of his post.

Cartman
02-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Yes you did give me a good few slaps and I deserved them too for being a cheeky SoB and robbing stronger players, I'm above 500 mafia now so you can hit me for you TL goals if you wish. I haven't sold up because I got owned (I had already levelled up out of the way) and if you dish it out you can't get too upset about taking it and your retailiation didn't come with keyboard warrior insults as per my other foe!

My post was not intended to come across as a sour g****s whining loser post but something to make the game more interesting for players that remain. If you read it as something different then fine, but it's not the intent.

Congrats on getting your Sig as I recall, should give you a good advantage for remainder of game.

Cartman
02-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Just playing off the character .... was the most evil, but still socially accpetable, b*stard I could think of to play as. If only there were as many Kenny's as there are Alex's but I still got a few.

Burn
02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
I got the building stuff, and agree, why wouldn't I agree with that, it is pretty obvious.

Never ever sell up everything, not unless you are going to leave it as cash in hand and invite the forum to the feeding frenzy.

Selling up and buying explosives as a final "f*ck you" to someone is lame and weak. Particularly true if you were the one that walked into his hood and threw the first punch.

I think anyway.

I might change my mind when I get up where the bigger boys play (currently level 96).

Talking of which, where is current transition point to High Level? And why isn't that info stickied and updated as it changes?

Nicholost
02-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Burn, I think you totally missed the point of his post.

Actually, I think he got the point, discarded it because he recognized it wasn't really the root cause for giving up, and then chose to respond to what the real cause was; a failure to "have the last word" when you have low stats.

Burn
02-23-2012, 08:40 AM
^^^
What he said.

P.S. Cartman, I'm not hating on you, it is just that selling up is not something I approve of.

Although I did see one hood that had no buildings, but was solidly populated with blocks of colour made up of barrels, cones, boxes, grass and other sh!t, it was trippy, I loved that :)

frenda
02-23-2012, 08:41 AM
LOL, I love when we all turn into psycho-analysts and can determine from some lines of text what someone's "root cause" is. I see it totally differently and didn't take it as a whining post at all, since he took the time to make some good recommendations on how to improve the game.

Cartman
02-23-2012, 09:05 AM
^^^
What he said.

P.S. Cartman, I'm not hating on you, it is just that selling up is not something I approve of.

Although I did see one hood that had no buildings, but was solidly populated with blocks of colour made up of barrels, cones, boxes, grass and other sh!t, it was trippy, I loved that :)

No problem, the reason I sold up was to remove all temptation/possibility to come back (the need to go cold turkey) .... I agree leaving the cash accessible would have been a better way to exit. Rivalry and banter is fun but I'm really not a fan of keyboard warriors so the opportunity to stick it to one for a while was too good to pass up. One of my rules is "don't write or say anything about someone that you are not prepared to say to their face"

Anyway .... he's scrolled off my news board now so is safe and CC has been deleted. Good luck with rest of the game.

Over and Out

Cartman

acmike
02-23-2012, 04:41 PM
I am not judging on how someone quits or why....

I have had in the back of my mind that when I "quit" I will log in every now and then, collect my money and reset the buildings for others to rob. It's my way of giving back to all I have robbed along with those I couldn't.

procsyzarc
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Although I aggree more buildings would be nice it is the leveling that is the issue, I am sitting with a hood with a heap of L1 buildings just waiting to be leveled but there are just so many to level and it takes so long that will probably never get to them all and adding more will just mean more building that will never get round to being leveled.

Some ways to over come this, and a warning I am only thinking about this while typing this so it most likely isn't well thought out.

- Reduce level cap to 5 and increase the amount of buildings avalibale
- Add some expensive buildings that come already capped or can not be upgraded
- Reduce time to level building drastically and let money be the thing that slows people down ie even if someone spends 10's of millions doing an upgrade and it is done in 1 hour they still need to wait till they can save even for the next upgrade anyway so once they have saved the 10's of millions there is no need to make them wait since they will be waiting while saving anyway but means can do some of the anyoying cheaper ones while saving ie ice cream shops (really want to get my L9 icecream shop to L10 but time is better used on upscale clubs, condos, gents clubs etc)

erik
02-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Some interesting ideas that would change the game for sure. It would certainly give us some different choices to make.
I think Im happy with this many until I get all those D buildings added and both NCs built.

For me, I am actually already constrained by cash to keep my build and upgrade cue full, especially with the run of buildings starting w/ the credit, hotel, office, NC so tight together. It is one reason my MTs are so high! A great time buyer.