PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Funzio

Ocd
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I tried to start a petition to get the available building upgrades changed from the current 1 to a possible 5 (separate upgrades for different building types). The thread was closed...

So I did some calculations from the available data and I estimate that the time it will take to upgrade all the money buildings alone (not including duplicates) is well over a year!

Take into account all the different building types and it could be up to 5 years to have everything available
fully upgraded...

So, LOL@Funzio

Nice developing!

JMC
02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
how did u calculate that. The upgrade costs and payouts follow a pattern but the upgrade times dont. Unless you've figured out how long each takes to upgrade from someone, you can't calculate that. Also there are way more money buildings than any of the other buildings. The only ones that might have more are the defence buildings and not like anyone cares to upgrade those.

Tramp Stamp
02-21-2012, 02:26 PM
It takes nearly a decade to upgrade just the money buildings in Crime City. Then add 50 of each defense building on top of that...

Ocd
02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
It takes nearly a decade to upgrade just the money buildings in Crime City. Then add 50 of each defense building on top of that...

LOL@Funzio

Deskjockey
02-21-2012, 04:38 PM
LOL@you--funzio is making money hand over fist in part because they can entice players to buy gold to shorten build times. This game is a business first and foremost, don't ever forget that. Funzio hasn't, and that is why MW is the number 8 top-grossing app right now in the app store. You clearly don't like the build times--we get that. It's not going to change because such a change would undermine the bottom line. Live with it or delete the app. But seriously, give it a rest.

procsyzarc
02-21-2012, 04:59 PM
LOL@you--funzio is making money hand over fist in part because they can entice players to buy gold to shorten build times. This game is a business first and foremost, don't ever forget that. Funzio hasn't, and that is why MW is the number 8 top-grossing app right now in the app store. You clearly don't like the build times--we get that. It's not going to change because such a change would undermine the bottom line. Live with it or delete the app. But seriously, give it a rest.

Thing is the gold price too speed up building/upgrades does seem too high in many cases it works out over $100 for a single upgrade, I can't imagine too many people spending $100 per upgrade to save a few days on a single type of upgrade ie levelling a building/expansion/vault/building new buildings. If they reduced this by large amount (even as much as 20 times) they would make a lot more money, as I’m sure for every person willing to spend $100 on an upgrade there would be 20+ people willing to spend $5.

So if anything I would imagine the high cost/time needed is too slow down progression and make the game last longer more than too make money, and if someone is willing to spend the money needed to speed things up then they will laugh all the way to the bank, but one or two people doing it doesn't hurt their games life as much as if 20%+ of the population was fully proggressed in days rather than years

Deskjockey
02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Thing is the gold price too speed up building/upgrades does seem too high in many cases it works out over $100 for a single upgrade, I can't imagine too many people spending $100 per upgrade to save a few days on a single type of upgrade ie levelling a building/expansion/vault/building new buildings. If they reduced this by large amount (even as much as 20 times) they would make a lot more money, as I’m sure for every person willing to spend $100 on an upgrade there would be 20+ people willing to spend $5.

So if anything I would imagine the high cost/time needed is too slow down progression and make the game last longer more than too make money, and if someone is willing to spend the money needed to speed things up then they will laugh all the way to the bank, but one or two people doinging it doesn't hurt their games life as much as if 20%+ of the population was

Yes, I agree that it does seem that funzio is setting the price of upgrades fairly high in part to lengthen game play and pace players. Clearly, they are doing something right--getting to the list of top grossing apps is hard to do, and MW has been there for at least a month now, that I can tell.

Mr. Pink
02-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I was pretty active on MW (lvl 35, $194,675 income per hour) but I'm starting to slow down a bit (mostly boredom and not seeing the point of amassing units or doing campaigns without any real strategic/gaming rationale). I'm hoping the strategy/game mechanics eventually improves but at this point, MW is more like checkers...with a time limit...and the ability to acquire unlimited kings...for a price.

Ocd
02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
It just seems silly that it would take 5 years plus to building and upgrade everything.

Doesn't seem like good planning to me...

JMC
02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
again, no idea how you calculated that, more reasonable guess would be like 2 years.

If you actually calculated all the money buildings accurately at 1 year, theres about as many money buildings as there are every other building put together.

P4TR1C14N
02-22-2012, 05:22 AM
No matter what the exact duration is, we all can agree that it's quite long to achieve a maximum upgrade. By the time you are there, the IT and gaming world has completely changed.

Also the pricing is ridiculously high, but it seems to work... there are enough rich people that have a considerable ego and want to be good in the game (yes, you need to be rich to spend loads of money on such game or you need to be poor and dumb).

So it's marketing and business. As long as they make money... the game won't change in the way everybody would like to see it going. Or you have or try to have fun in the current situation, or you best search another game.

But the most disturbing thing for me is that a lot of such apps cost LOADS of money when you compare it to an Xbox, Playstation, PC game... Those cost 50 dollar and for that money you play years. Even the let's say expansion packs cost about 100 dollar max.. so for 150 dollar you're happy for some years. If you want to have everything in this game, then you need to spend thousands of dollars to be competitive.

So this game is not an objective game, but a biased game.

Maverick50727
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes I agree on the excessive cost and more people would buy if it was lower, but changing it after the fact would probably have too many people screaming for refunds. TIME is your enemy in the game, but unfortunately not to people with deep pockets willing to pay. When the boost buildings first came out it took me a week to do the expansion, building, and upgrades to a certain level. I still didn't have them all and most were level 1-2, but others already had level 5 or greater every one. Some admitting to buying them all and instantly upgrading them day one, so the real time it took them to get a better advantage took minutes vs. my week. Gold warps time in a strange way if you are willing to pay. To each their own. LOL

War player
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Why would a game developer want you to stop playing a game? Especially this game where people continue to pay as they play?

If they can keep you hooked on a game for 5 years, I think they are the smartest on the planet.

Agent Orange
02-22-2012, 04:37 PM
My question would be, do you really need to upgrade all your buildings to 10? If you did a cost to benefit study I suspect you may discover that it is not worth it.

JMC
02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
My question would be, do you really need to upgrade all your buildings to 10? If you did a cost to benefit study I suspect you may discover that it is not worth it.

Gold players just purchase all their power with real money. They have no use for land or buildings at all. The people with the "Cloaking devices" seem to have figured that out.

Tramp Stamp
02-22-2012, 06:21 PM

This is far less true in MW than it is in CC.

Agent Orange
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
This is far less true in MW than it is in CC.

Hmm interesting....

ShawnBB
02-22-2012, 08:11 PM

Haha, Tramp. LoL indeed decades.
Even the shortest 2-6 type lvl 10 laundromat need a week to finish upgrading. The 3-9 type 10 days, 4-11 type 13 days.
Just the Basic Type As will need half a year to complete. Which makes my thoughts about upgrading time relations quite worth for pointing out.

Tramp Stamp
02-22-2012, 08:27 PM
My favorite is how level 10 Loft takes longer than the entire Laundromat chain...yet somehow both are among the game's best bargains.

ShawnBB
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
This is sick, for the bargin I love T shirt stand thou..
how's loft compare to movie theater? I'm putting down 2 movie theaters Tomorrow.

18th play day :D My hood and energy bar is producing almost 200K everyday......Way faster than I expected

Ocd
02-23-2012, 06:36 AM
No one will play this game for five years.

They should realise this and reduce the times...

Idiots.

procsyzarc
02-23-2012, 04:26 PM
No one will play this game for five years.

They should realise this and reduce the times...

Idiots.

Guessing you are trolling now or in fact you are the idiot since....actually not even going to bother explaining to you since whether it be you trolling or your stupidity either way I would be wasting my time, easier to let you sit in your angry little hole brooding over nothing