PDA

View Full Version : Why can't i place my shipyard?

foz
02-21-2012, 09:30 AM
I have an expanded square thats on the shore line/ocean yet it wont let me place my ship yard.

Any ideas?

I'm the UK so really need this building so i can build my defensive ships.

Cheers.

gladou
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Expand one more square toward the ocean ; you can't build a shipyard otherwise (it's the only thing that worked for me)

Luke7676
02-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Hmm I have my shipyard 1/4 of the way on shore and the rest in the water. Didn't have to expand out any more for that one. Did they maybe change how they are set now where they have to be over all water?

HGF69
02-21-2012, 12:25 PM
My guess is you need to move to move it back on land a bit rather than into the water, should be about 2/3 on land.

Wildfire
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
The shipyard is part land and part sea, sometimes the answer is to temporarily move any land buildings tight to where you want the shipyard a bit further inland in case you haven't left enough space on land for it.

Rawdata
02-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Expand one more square toward the ocean ; you can't build a shipyard otherwise (it's the only thing that worked for me)

I had the opposite solution. I found that several of the buildings, while they fit perfectly into a single expanded square, require you to put them one "position" into another expanded square in order for them to be allowed. Pretty stupid, but I figured it's about teaching us to manage our money and our spaces appropriately.

I still think it's stupid, though. :)

JMC
02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
i got my shipyard when it could be put 100% into the water. It doesn't matter that much, you won't waste much space in the water. The oil rigs and naval research center are like 2 tiles short of an expansion square. So you shouldnt have a problem fitting those in later unless you do something really stupid with your expansions and waste most of a square.

azy
02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Hasn't this topic been discussed like 50 times already? Seems like a search through the forums would have taken care of that.

Grumpy