PDA

View Full Version : I am losing to someone with almost no base ans 1/4 my strength - WTF

Corporal Denney
02-20-2012, 06:31 PM
WTF gives. Some clown attacks me and I lose several high units and lose 5 battles in a row. I have over 4000 attack and 5500 defense. The rival has 1000 attack and 1500 defense. More to the point, the units I am fighting with have 4 - 20 times his numbers in unit strength and I lose repeatedly. WTF is the point of the game. If this keeps happening I am quitting this damn game. How hard is it to compare the numbers and get a realistic outcome? Don't the programmers have any experience or are they celebrating their experience too much. This is too much BS - war is not fought like that. I do not like investing all of my time and effort into the game to have it piss off all the good players I worked so hard to get to someone who is investing nothing into it.

EnjoyLife
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
How many points have you invested into your Alliance Defense?

Corporal Denney
02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
My alliance defense is at 5500, attack is at 4200, now at 4050. I am making 155,000 an hour and have been buying better units because cheap ones don't up my numbers anymore. And I have a base with everything I can get at my level. The opponent has a little over 1000 attack and 1500 defense. When he attacked me there is no way he should have won, let alone more than once. And when I look at the numbers I know I should be able to blast him into oblivion, but I lose 3 more times in a row. He only has a few buildings and most are only at level one, not even worth raiding.

EnjoyLife
02-20-2012, 07:20 PM
How many points have you invested into your Alliance Defense?

Corporal Denney
02-20-2012, 07:41 PM
You keep asking "How many points have you invested into your Alliance Defense" so I have to ask - what are you talking about. When I look at my stats my alliance defense says 5504. I have 274 allies. Is there something I am missing? In my "Skills", my attack and defense are both at 11 and my energy is at 920.

Agent Orange
02-20-2012, 09:13 PM
You keep asking "How many points have you invested into your Alliance Defense" so I have to ask - what are you talking about. When I look at my stats my alliance defense says 5504. I have 274 allies. Is there something I am missing? In my "Skills", my attack and defense are both at 11 and my energy is at 920.

I suspect he's asking the wrong question. It should be how many defence skill points have you got. The only way I can see this happening is because the other person has invested in a lot of attack skill points. If you do feel that this is a problem report it via the contact support button on the help page with a polite and detailed note about what exactly is happening.

Corporal Denney
02-21-2012, 02:59 AM
When I was attacked I recognized the name because I had just added him as an ally a couple of days before. So I checked my list of allies and there he was. So I looked at his stats and he was only at 1000 and 1050. SO I asked him why he was attacking me if we were allies, then went back to news and hit the attack button.

But the guy who attacked me is not my ally, he just has the same name as my ally. The guy who attacked actually has 5000 in attack and 5300 defense. But he still has a small base and is making less than 20,000 an hour. So I will be spending the next week bulking up. He can only get so many units by valor and my income will let me buy a lot more units. So he will have to spend real money to buy gold units. Even more reason to pound away at him.

Agent Orange
02-21-2012, 04:18 AM
When I was attacked I recognized the name because I had just added him as an ally a couple of days before. So I checked my list of allies and there he was. So I looked at his stats and he was only at 1000 and 1050. SO I asked him why he was attacking me if we were allies, then went back to news and hit the attack button.

But the guy who attacked me is not my ally, he just has the same name as my ally. The guy who attacked actually has 5000 in attack and 5300 defense. But he still has a small base and is making less than 20,000 an hour. So I will be spending the next week bulking up. He can only get so many units by valor and my income will let me buy a lot more units. So he will have to spend real money to buy gold units. Even more reason to pound away at him.

Ok so your post isn't quit right then. Glad you figured it out.

Rawdata
02-21-2012, 05:18 AM
I've noticed that the same name can be used in different characters as long as the country you chose is different. I have Alex's in the US and UK almost next to each other in my ally list. Same for other common names - mark, scott, etc. Also, case matters. You can have Mark, mark, MARK, MaRk, etc. all in the same country (from rough observations only).

CounterSniper
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I've noticed that the same name can be used in different characters as long as the country you chose is different. I have Alex's in the US and UK almost next to each other in my ally list. Same for other common names - mark, scott, etc. Also, case matters. You can have Mark, mark, MARK, MaRk, etc. all in the same country (from rough observations only).

Just a note. A Funzio employee said Alex is the default name they give accounts that have been busted down to level one for cheating or banned altogether.

Obviously not everyone named Alex falls into those categories but that is why you see so very many people with that name.

It is far worse in CC.

Tanner
02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
All the more reason to pound the Alex(s) ;)

Maverick50727
02-22-2012, 12:55 PM

Sorry, I'm not on the forum every day. When I first read your post, I thought the same thing that you had the wrong guy. I've had people asking me to stop attacking them but it wasn't me. There are a bunch of Maverick, maverick, MAVERICK, maverik, maveric, etc. I have a few even as allies, but "there can be only one" LOL

The other thing is before you attack make sure he doens't have a pure gold army. If all he ever takes into battle is gold units you will do no damage except to yourself most likely. FYI, I've ssen people with 60-80,000 A/D stats and only have 2-3K income coming from a single required command center. Some gold players only source of income is attacking. The example I stated above had 15,000+ attacks and 17,000+ raids sucessfull under his belt the last I saw him. That is their strategy, but if you check they might not even be buying any cash items. All they may have is Gold, Valor and Loot items, so the best damage it to take their high value valor items that they will just replace by raiding.