PDA

View Full Version : Which Buildings to Buy/Upgrade

qwert2969
02-20-2012, 04:00 PM
I am at level 97, but only have an income of 51K an hour. I have started replace some of my weaker buildings thanks to some advice from erik. In the begining I stupidly thought it was better to keep every building an just expand. I am waiting on my 5 million dollar expasion to finish so I have a pretty big hood area to work with. My question is what building (in the higher end should I be focusing on to build and up grade. I have heard that movie theaters, beach houses, and internet companies were the best to up grade. I have 2 internet companies, 2 movie theaters, and am building my first beach inn now. What lower buildings (shoe store, pizza parlor, pawn shop, tattoo parlor, laundromat, etc should be the first to go as they become the most obsolete later on in the game.....thanks for the help

qwert2969
02-20-2012, 04:07 PM
Keep in mind that I play alot during the day so building with quick build times are not a problem for me so long as they are worth it in the end

Nicholost
02-20-2012, 04:18 PM
I think there's a thread about this somewhere. I remember it being buried in the depths of the forums and hard to find. I think only a few have read it, so give me a minute to dig it up.

Oh, here it is. Read that and see if it helps. The spreadsheet should be gold for you.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15477-Economy-planning-amp-discussion

qwert2969
02-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Read that....very informitive, but I was wondering what the general consensus was among players and their expierences...also I have heard to upgrade lofts......my point is I see people saying at my stage (level 97) and just now getting into the "big" buildings that I should focus my up grades on movie theaters, lofts, internet companies and beach inns. Just wondering if I should then ignore my church, crematorium, underbosses houses, etc. I was wondering if someone had a rank that most players use that put the most important buildings first and so forth....if someone wants to be gracious and take a look at my hood for themselves my cc codes 254 884 189, send me an invite (but just leave your code name on the post so I know not to delete it I would be at their mercy......As payment I could schedule a hefty rob session for them ($$$$).....thanks

qwert2969
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
also are there any buildings I should def avoid now that I am getting "up there" (ones that are just a waste???

Supermark
02-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Have you read this; http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15477-Economy-planning-amp-discussion

I think that's the best strategy to follow, so first upgrade your lofts and movie theaters.

stixx
02-21-2012, 06:59 AM
I like churches too, both of mine are at lvl 5.
The thing i like most about churches is their upgrade time.
Most of the time i take the expensivest upgrade, with the least upgrade time.

white frog
02-21-2012, 07:29 AM
The method that I use is (hourly $ upgrade) / (upgrade time). This will give you a number that will show you the fastest way to increase your hourly. What you want to do is take the first upgrade possible with the highest number, and work your way down.
If money on hand becomes an issue, use some weaker buildings (12, 24, 48 hour) to fill in the time while your waiting for your bank to fatten.
At the higher levels, I hear that most are narrowing their hood to the 12, 24, and 48 hour buildings, so the weakest 3, 6, and 8 hour buildings should go first if you need more space.

Dorian Gray
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
In the begining I stupidly thought it was better to keep every building an just expand.

I don't think that's stupid. But it's not like I have a good economy or anything to back up that statement.

Dorian Gray
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Full disclosure:

I did sell back 2 diners, 1 electronic store, and a gas station long ago. I easily have that much space or more being used by decorations though. We'll see how long I can keep the expand don't sell mentality. It is tough to stick to.

erik
02-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Qwert - I cant find you on my list, can you delete and invite me. 236 057 363

stixx
02-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Just bought a 20million expansinion, and i need to buy 2 more for being able to build the high lvl buildings.
Up untill now ive only sold a lvl 7 warehouse and a lvl 2 elec store.

I like to have those 1,3,6 hour buildings. I hate 8 the most cause they are so hard to synch.

qwert2969
03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
erik.... I just sent you an invite under the name msafara

itzkakarot
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Full disclosure:

I did sell back 2 diners, 1 electronic store, and a gas station long ago. I easily have that much space or more being used by decorations though. We'll see how long I can keep the expand don't sell mentality. It is tough to stick to.

LOL, I ended up selling 2 diners early on, just to buy them back again and then sell them again later on. They pretty much paid for themselves, and expansion takes forever and is expensive.

As for the OP, I'll put in yet a 3rd plug for Tramp's guide. Specifically, #4 on this post: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15477-Economy-planning-amp-discussion&p=80107&viewfull=1#post80107. It sums up the whole strategy very simply.

As for arguing against Tramp's analysis, don't. It's simple mathematics. The most expensive Type A buildings will always lead you to the fastest economic growth, with the only limiting factor being the rate at which you collect from your hood.

Tramp Stamp
03-02-2012, 03:33 PM
The guide could use a revision, but the core is still good. It taps out around $100k/hr.

Santa
03-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Qwert the answer to your question is: Focus on upgrading (in no specific order) Laundromats, Ice Cream Shops, Italian Restaurants, Movie Theaters, and Lofts. I you have some leftover cash, you could also consider Dominican Restaurants, Beachside Inn, and other "gold equivalent buildings". I personally have been trying to put my money into my MT's as the maximum amount of money I have been able to keep in the vault has been around 600k, which is not enough for Loft. If you find yourself without enough on hand cash to find a high ticket upgrade, just upgrade a cheaper building. Time, not money, is the limiting factor in these types of games.

Source: TS's Econ guides/discussions + personal experience.

617Pats
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I think that the Dominican restuarant and Beachside Inn are very good in cash value and easy to upgrade.

Tramp Stamp
03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I think leveraging long Italian Restaurant upgrades into MT/Loft upgrades comes out slightly ahead for frequent players (for which my guide has an unstated slant), but players looking for an early entry into 12/24/48 would be well served by Dominican Restaurants and Beachside Inns. It is a close call, though, especially if the player can stack Dominicans to level 4 uninterrupted.

On that topic, I'll probably end up bringing both Dominican Restaurants from 1 to 6 in the next week plus a few days, with a level 7 Movie Theater upgrade squeezed in there. Believe it or not, this will actually make for a down week, but the Type Bs are so far behind and I'm out of mid-level Type As to upgrade. I wish I had Empire Theaters and Techno Clubs.

Fricco
03-02-2012, 07:50 PM
On that topic, I'll probably end up bringing both Dominican Restaurants from 1 to 6 in the next week plus a few days.

TS,
if you could do back to back lvl 2 crematoriums over lvl 6 Dominicans would you ?
ROI hous are almost identical .

Santa
03-02-2012, 07:58 PM
TS,
if you could do back to back lvl 2 crematoriums over lvl 6 Dominicans would you ?

I wouldn't. ROI is same, Crematorium is uglier. Dominican wins.

Tramp Stamp
03-02-2012, 08:38 PM
TS,

Yeah, but the $/hrs aren't even close. L2 Crematorium wins by a bit on sticker price, but L6 Dominican wins everywhere else.