PDA

View Full Version : Stupid upgrade rule

HGF69
02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
You wait 72 hours for a munitions stockpile to upgrade, then have to wait a further 24 hours to collect.

Sometimes if there's a way to screw people over and keep them waiting Funzio finds it!

Funzio should be renamed Sitaroundanddonothingforayszio

Luke7676
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Agreed. But what can you do about it. They know they have us right where they want us. Hook line and sinker. So we might complain a lot and some of us may say we are just goin to quit but they know that only few do because it's just so dang addicting. And they will forever hold that above our heads. So in the mean time unless your a heavy gold buyer just find something else to do like another game to play while you wait ever so patiently hehe. I know I do.

Wildfire
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
You wait 72 hours for a munitions stockpile to upgrade, then have to wait a further 24 hours to collect.

Sometimes if there's a way to screw people over and keep them waiting Funzio finds it!

Let's look that one up in the spreadsheet, 72 hour upgrade time is level.... oh nice, I think I'd risk a raid on that one in 96 hours time;)

EnjoyLife
02-20-2012, 01:56 PM
You could upgrade/buy your Oil Rig instead of upgrading your Munitions Stockpile to level 10... It's a faster upgrade...

Mcdoc
02-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I play Words with Friends & Wheel of Fortune while I'm waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting for 10 minutes of some good play time with Modern War - then its wait another 2 hours and come back and see if I can play some more :)

It's not like when I used to play Star Wars Galaxies for 12 hours at a time. Wait - maybe that's a good thing :)

I think it wouldn't be so bad if the energy would replenish 3 times faster so if you weren't able to do PVP or if you were waiting for some upgrade or construction to finish - then at least you could go do a bunch of missions and still get in some play time that was somewhat rewarding.

JMC
02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
MW is not the type of game that you just sit on playing constantly. If you want a game like that, most other games are like that. Or you could just buy gold like a bunch of people do.

CounterSniper
02-20-2012, 10:44 PM

You seem to have missed the point. They do that so you will be enticed into buying gold to speed up the process. It's all about making profit.

HGF69
02-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Nah, really, ya think?

Still not for budging.

Agent Orange
02-21-2012, 04:21 AM
If you are that bored and have another ios device set up a lower level player. I got an iPod touch cheap on boxing week and set up another player. It's more interesting building up another free player while fixing all the mistakes I made with my original account.

Rawdata
02-21-2012, 05:13 AM
While waiting, you can also come back here and read the forums for more advice! ;)

Ocd
02-21-2012, 05:16 AM
You seem to have missed the point. They do that so you will be enticed into buying gold to speed up the process. It's all about making profit.

What moron would spend £20/30 to speed up the upgrade of a building?

You might as well spend the money on a proper game.

CounterSniper
02-21-2012, 06:44 AM
What moron would spend £20/30 to speed up the upgrade of a building?

You might as well spend the money on a proper game.

Ive already encountered players that have spent $1000 real cash dollars on gold in CC. The same is true for MW. The higher you get you'll start to see them.

There are a lot of people crazy, stupid or rich enough to do it though I prefer free gold and wont spend another penny on MW.

Hugh Bris
02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Believe it or not there are a few people that have legitimately spent $10,000 on this game - one has spent $15,000 (for real...).

I know the upgrade and construction times suck. I do; however, think the logic behind this is to ultimately drag the game out so that you feel rewarded for the accomplishment. My thought is that the game would get boring faster if there was little price to pay for achievements. If I just ran through everything quickly there would be little to gain and the game would get repetitive very quickly.

Ocd
02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Believe it or not there are a few people that have legitimately spent $10,000 on this game - one has spent $15,000 (for real...).

The starting wage for a UK soldier without a degree is £15,824.

The guy you mentioned could have actually had his own one-man army for a whole year!

JMC
02-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Actually there's about a dozen, maybe more that i don't know about that have spent $20000-$40000. They're all having a war up at the top right now i think.

Maverick50727
02-22-2012, 05:20 AM
If you are that bored and have another ios device set up a lower level player. I got an iPod touch cheap on boxing week and set up another player. It's more interesting building up another free player while fixing all the mistakes I made with my original account.
Is the MW profile linked to the device or appleID?
I might start a new account if I get the new IPad when it comes out. I told myself for now I won't restart and accept the challenge of trying to correct mistakes I made early in the game. Yeah if I started over I could have 3X the stats in half the time/levels. Early levels is where to make the money and I leveled up way to fast.

Maverick50727
02-22-2012, 05:36 AM
I agree some are too long, but the time thing can be a good thing. If you could buy all the upgrades and expansions instantly then you could finish the game quick, get bored and move on to something else. TIME is your real enemy in the game, not your rivals. Funzio is smart and they do want you waiting around/playing the game for as long as possible to make more money. I'm surprised that many of the high gold players haven't got bored and left, since many have bought eveything already. If it wasn't for new gold items and the occassion thing like adding boost buildings many more players may have left already.

Agent Orange
02-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Is the MW profile linked to the device or appleID?
I might start a new account if I get the new IPad when it comes out. I told myself for now I won't restart and accept the challenge of trying to correct mistakes I made early in the game. Yeah if I started over I could have 3X the stats in half the time/levels. Early levels is where to make the money and I leveled up way to fast.

Tied to your device! So even a cheap iPod Touch is good, we had them up here for $169 after a $30 trade in on your old mp3 player. How I got my low level player which I find a lot of fun to play.

Hugh Bris
02-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Actually there's about a dozen, maybe more that i don't know about that have spent $20000-$40000. They're all having a war up at the top right now i think.

O.M.G. To each his own I suppose.

I just...I have no words.