PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of Gaitling Turrets, do they help you against attacks?

Rocky35
02-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Im sorry if this question has already been asked or answered. I'm a low level 100s, and I see alot of people building gaitling turrets now. I know the more defense buildings you have, the more you can fend off robberies. It boost your defense score as well in your profile. My question is : Do they help you against attacks? Are you more likely to win more fights if someone attack you repeatedly, depends on the more turrets you have?

Thanks all.

dudeman
02-20-2012, 12:21 PM
GTs are just regular defense buildings. The reason you see so many people building them at that level is because they have a small footprint. Other defense buildings take up a lot of valuable space.

Brent
02-20-2012, 12:24 PM
GTs are just regular defense buildings. The reason you see so many people building them at that level is because they have a small footprint. Other defense buildings take up a lot of valuable space.

Or so they can do building goals. Thats probably another reason why.

Rocky35
02-20-2012, 12:25 PM

So they won't help with fending off attacks at all?

Brent
02-20-2012, 12:31 PM

I dont think any defense buildings helps with rivals attacking you in any way and only half help you when trying to get robbed. Thats what i have heard. The only defense buildings i have in my hood right now is 1 missle turret and a level 8 machine gun turret.

qwikster
02-20-2012, 12:39 PM

defense buildings are useful for both fights and robberies. there is a lot of confusion around contribution of defense buildings. the general consensus is lvl 1 buildings contribute in full with diminishing rates with leveling up. my preference is upgrading defense structures to level 3.

personally, i like gatling turrets and missile turrets for their space efficiency. muay thai is another space efficient building.

jlhy
02-20-2012, 12:39 PM
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

Look at the Mafia D for each building. The numbers listed there are what the building provides you against attacks vs other players.

dudeman
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM

True, I forgot about that.

Rocky35
02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

Look at the Mafia D for each building. The numbers listed there are what the building provides you against attacks vs other players.

So they do help against attacks? Let's say you are a Tycoon, build 50 turrets, level them all up to level 3. That's 96 X 50 = 4800. That's almost 5000 defense to your stats.

I don't care about robberies. I make enough that if I lose 10k to robberies, I don't care. I just want to fend off attacks so my Fight Lost numbers don't take a hit.

jlhy
02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
So they do help against attacks? Let's say you are a Tycoon, build 50 turrets, level them all up to level 3. That's 96 X 50 = 4800. That's almost 5000 defense to your stats.

I don't care about robberies. I make enough that if I lose 10k to robberies, I don't care. I just want to fend off attacks so my Fight Lost numbers don't take a hit.

50 level 3 gattling turrets will provide you with 2500 defense against attacks. (50 X 50 = 2500)

You get the full amount at level 1 (25) then half of that every level of the buildings. So level 2 will be 25+12.5=37.5, Level 3 will be 25+12.5+12.5=50, and so forth.

The Tycoon bonus does not increase your defense received from the buildings vs player attacks.

Rocky35
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
50 level 3 gattling turrets will provide you with 2500 defense against attacks. (50 X 50 = 2500)

You get the full amount at level 1 (25) then half of that every level of the buildings. So level 2 will be 25+12.5=37.5, Level 3 will be 25+12.5+12.5=50, and so forth.

The Tycoon bonus does not increase your defense received from the buildings vs player attacks.

Got it! I didn't know about the levels getting cut as it go up. Thanks bro.

Max Power
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Got it! I didn't know about the levels getting cut as it go up. Thanks bro.

Most of us didn't know it either when we were spending real money on Gold defense buildings like bodyguard agencies. It wasn't until Funzio created the fight result screen with attack and defense stats that people on the boards figured it out. At least we think we have it figured out, nobody at Funzio will say for sure.

Synergy
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Must....resist...urge....to....talk...about...... defense buildings. I would contribute to this one but last time I talked about my opinion on defense buildings I got a temp ban so my lips are zipped. Funzio your secret is safe with me now.

Mastermind
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Must....resist...urge....to....talk...about...... defense buildings. I would contribute to this one but last time I talked about my opinion on defense buildings I got a temp ban so my lips are zipped. Funzio your secret is safe with me now.

lol.....Good to see you Syn. I always value your opinion in this game and hope you will be back to being a regular on the forum soon.

Whip88
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM

So Synergy do you want to drop by my wall and tell me about your WEEKEND i.e (defense tips)

adrian-name
02-21-2012, 01:56 AM
I have read a lot of posts regarding defense building here on forum.

To cut a long story short:
1. Defense buildings vs attack from players: they give veeeery small amount of defense
but I dont care about this because I keep all my money in a bank
2. Defense buildings vs robberies: they give full amount of defense
this is very important to me, I dont like when my building are robbed by other players

so I will keep on upgrading all defense buildings to level 10

Chiefer
02-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Someone spent a ridiculous amount of time making no sense.