PDA

View Full Version : Tapjoy Gold question

Dipstik
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm just trying out tapjoy to get free gold, and I notice that some of my free tapjoy offers don't work. Specifically, there's an offer to get 9 free gold (a lot, from the looks of it) if I download and run an app called "Fairway Solitaire HD - Big Fish Games" (Sorry for mentioning the app name... I think it's necessary for my question). I've downloaded the app and played it for a few rounds, but my gold doesn't go up. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this problem?

I've noticed it's happened with a couple other offers as well, but the 9 gold was why I was particularly annoyed at this one.

i need muney
02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Read the description carefully. I havent had a offer that didnt work

Dipstik
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
There is no additional description. It says "Install and run Fairway Solitaire HD - Big Fish Games"

I click on the offer, and it immediately takes me to the itunes download page. I installed it, I ran it, I even ran it multiple times and played the game a bit in case they required more than simply opening the app. No gold. It also doesn't go away on my offer list like the others that I successfully took advantage of did.

thspiral
02-20-2012, 11:12 AM
yeah sometimes you have to do more than just download and run the game. You may need to sign up on their website, or some such.

Tramp Stamp
02-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Sometimes there's a delay. Check back in an hour. If that doesn't work, leave the app running for a few minutes then check again later. Tedious...

i need muney
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Never seen a 9g offer :) even friends are 5.

thspiral
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I had a 9 gold offer, it was for a Visa card if I remember the offer. You had to apply and be accepted for the card. I personally feel that credit cards are more or less evil, so I passed on it.

Swifty
02-20-2012, 11:34 AM
I have had several offers that did not work, even after extended waits or repeated tries.

dudeman
02-20-2012, 12:18 PM
If you have the "tap here... free gold" button in-game, you could try the "missing currency" function. You pick the offer that didn't work from the list, tell them your email and what happened, and they usually sort it out. If you don't get the gold they at least sometimes give you an explanation.

blondealex
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
If you have the "tap here... free gold" button in-game, you could try the "missing currency" function. You pick the offer that didn't work from the list, tell them your email and what happened, and they usually sort it out. If you don't get the gold they at least sometimes give you an explanation.

If you don't have this button, on tapjoy's website go to help/contact customer support, then tell them which apps didn't work. It took them several days to get back to me, but they credited me with the gold.

Swifty
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I will try it.

Rocky35
02-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Has anyone try out the "Apply for the Discover More Card"? 220 gold bars. Did you get the gold, and how many days after you apply til they credit you? Im thinking of trying this, but not sure if it's a good idea, sending in personal information.

emcee
02-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Some apps seem to not credit you for the install. Make note and contact Tapjoy customer service. They are pretty proactive with the credit.

Ghost818
02-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Has anyone try out the "Apply for the Discover More Card"? 220 gold bars. Did you get the gold, and how many days after you apply til they credit you? Im thinking of trying this, but not sure if it's a good idea, sending in personal information.
I also would like to know this.

CounterSniper
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I also would like to know this.

It's safe and it takes a week or two to get the gold.(Approx) It covers it in the instructions

Be sure to save your acceptance letter or email as proof just in case your gold doesn't show up.

Nicholost
02-22-2012, 03:14 PM
It's safe and it takes a week or two to get the gold.(Approx) It covers it in the instructions

Be sure to save your acceptance letter or email as proof just in case your gold doesn't show up.
And then immediately cutup the card and cancel the account. Personal opinion here, but credit cards and their companies are true evil. There's a reason why there's 220g associated with that TapJoy goal; odds are strongly in their favor that each person will end up paying them far more than 220g ($20-ish) in the long run. That is the only TapJoy goal I refuse to participate in. I even did the eHarmony ones, and I'm married.

CounterSniper
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
And then immediately cutup the card and cancel the account. Personal opinion here, but credit cards and their companies are true evil. There's a reason why there's 220g associated with that TapJoy goal; odds are strongly in their favor that each person will end up paying them far more than 220g ($20-ish) in the long run. That is the only TapJoy goal I refuse to participate in. I even did the eHarmony ones, and I'm married.

I am rebuilding my credit and it helps my over/under. Its not going to be used except for emergencies or bail or emergency bail.

Tramp Stamp
02-22-2012, 06:57 PM
I've made a significant amount of money from credit cards, Discover in particular, over the years.